Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › rather high water temps
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

rather high water temps - Page 2

post #11 of 22
Thread Starter 
yes
Coeus
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 940 Msi 970a-g46 2x xfx 7970 G Skill NQ PC1333 4x2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 7200.9 160gb need Windows 10 64bit Sharp 32inch 
Power
Thermaltake 1350 
  hide details  
Reply
Coeus
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 940 Msi 970a-g46 2x xfx 7970 G Skill NQ PC1333 4x2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 7200.9 160gb need Windows 10 64bit Sharp 32inch 
Power
Thermaltake 1350 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 22
What is your water temperature compared to the ambient?

Actually measuring the water temperature is the only way to isolate the problem, you could even just stick a mouth thermometer into your reservoir or T-line.

With an MCR320 and slow speed yate loons, I would see water temps with my E6600 at only 3-4 degrees over ambient.

But that's with completely fresh air going into your radiator. If your radiator is on top of your case, or inside your case, or anywhere that it's sucking warm or hot air from other components...you're cooling with hot air.

I've seen alot of setup with rear mounted radiators that have very hot GPUs blowing hot air right into them.

Measure the water temperature then measure the air temperature going into the radiator with the same thermometer, this will tell you if it's a radiator issue or block issue.

I can't imagine it's a fan/rad issue. It must be either the radiator placement (Hot air going in), or possibly a bad mount. If the paste spread looks good and thin, your mount is probably good within 2 degrees, the last variable is possible buildup of crud in the pins of the CPU block or something else really restricting flow.

Oh yeah, dust buildup on the rad can really hurt performance also. I measured almost a full degree of lost performance on my MCR320 with thermal testing in just two weeks worth of dust buildup.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930K ASrock X79 Ext7 Evga GTX570 CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Phoenix SSD+2TB Seagate drives ASUS DVD-RW combo Windows 7 28" Hanns-G HZ281 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS Natural Corsair TX650 Danger Den Torture Rack Logitech MX518 
Mouse Pad
Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930K ASrock X79 Ext7 Evga GTX570 CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Phoenix SSD+2TB Seagate drives ASUS DVD-RW combo Windows 7 28" Hanns-G HZ281 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS Natural Corsair TX650 Danger Den Torture Rack Logitech MX518 
Mouse Pad
Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 22
Martin what temps are you getting full load with that setup? With the loop in my sig I idle at about 33c with a full load of 45. In games I stay below 40. My chip is running at 1.2V. Coolant is dist water with bio bomb, G11, a drop of dawn and blue highlighter ink. Do these temps seem high to you? Rad is MCR320, pump MCP350.
Main Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 4ghz ASUS P6X58D-E Crossfire XFX 5850s @ 950/1200 G.Skill 3x2GB 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Adata Sandforce 64gb Windows 7 64-bit Samsung P2450 New TP-750 
CaseMouse
ATCS 840 R.A.T. 7 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 4ghz ASUS P6X58D-E Crossfire XFX 5850s @ 950/1200 G.Skill 3x2GB 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Adata Sandforce 64gb Windows 7 64-bit Samsung P2450 New TP-750 
CaseMouse
ATCS 840 R.A.T. 7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmanmgf View Post
Martin what temps are you getting full load with that setup? With the loop in my sig I idle at about 33c with a full load of 45. In games I stay below 40. My chip is running at 1.2V. Coolant is dist water with bio bomb, G11, a drop of dawn and blue highlighter ink. Do these temps seem high to you? Rad is MCR320, pump MCP350.
I think your fine. I have an older stepping E6600 which runs much hotter than most. My best block to date with the Fuzion V2.

With an average ambient (air into the radiator) of 23C, my average 100% TAT load was 52C. Average water temperature was 3.1C higher than ambient:

My E6600 was running 3.3Ghz and vcore (after droop) was 1.38V.


It's a hot processor though, my new Q6600 G0 loads at half that delta...no kidding!

Big difference between steppings and the older B2 B3 steppings are hot muthas....
Edited by Martinm210 - 6/1/08 at 10:22pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930K ASrock X79 Ext7 Evga GTX570 CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Phoenix SSD+2TB Seagate drives ASUS DVD-RW combo Windows 7 28" Hanns-G HZ281 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS Natural Corsair TX650 Danger Den Torture Rack Logitech MX518 
Mouse Pad
Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930K ASrock X79 Ext7 Evga GTX570 CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Phoenix SSD+2TB Seagate drives ASUS DVD-RW combo Windows 7 28" Hanns-G HZ281 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS Natural Corsair TX650 Danger Den Torture Rack Logitech MX518 
Mouse Pad
Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinm210 View Post
What is your water temperature compared to the ambient?

Actually measuring the water temperature is the only way to isolate the problem, you could even just stick a mouth thermometer into your reservoir or T-line.

With an MCR320 and slow speed yate loons, I would see water temps with my E6600 at only 3-4 degrees over ambient.

But that's with completely fresh air going into your radiator. If your radiator is on top of your case, or inside your case, or anywhere that it's sucking warm or hot air from other components...you're cooling with hot air.

I've seen alot of setup with rear mounted radiators that have very hot GPUs blowing hot air right into them.

Measure the water temperature then measure the air temperature going into the radiator with the same thermometer, this will tell you if it's a radiator issue or block issue.

I can't imagine it's a fan/rad issue. It must be either the radiator placement (Hot air going in), or possibly a bad mount. If the paste spread looks good and thin, your mount is probably good within 2 degrees, the last variable is possible buildup of crud in the pins of the CPU block or something else really restricting flow.

Oh yeah, dust buildup on the rad can really hurt performance also. I measured almost a full degree of lost performance on my MCR320 with thermal testing in just two weeks worth of dust buildup.


well my rad is in the top of my case with my fans on the bottom pulling air throu the rad.my computer is maybe a foot form an open window. later today ill test the air and water temps and maybe another reseat . thanks for your help
Coeus
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 940 Msi 970a-g46 2x xfx 7970 G Skill NQ PC1333 4x2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 7200.9 160gb need Windows 10 64bit Sharp 32inch 
Power
Thermaltake 1350 
  hide details  
Reply
Coeus
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 940 Msi 970a-g46 2x xfx 7970 G Skill NQ PC1333 4x2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 7200.9 160gb need Windows 10 64bit Sharp 32inch 
Power
Thermaltake 1350 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 22
Thread Starter 
well looks like i forgot to clean my blocks oopps
Coeus
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 940 Msi 970a-g46 2x xfx 7970 G Skill NQ PC1333 4x2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 7200.9 160gb need Windows 10 64bit Sharp 32inch 
Power
Thermaltake 1350 
  hide details  
Reply
Coeus
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 940 Msi 970a-g46 2x xfx 7970 G Skill NQ PC1333 4x2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 7200.9 160gb need Windows 10 64bit Sharp 32inch 
Power
Thermaltake 1350 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by whe3ls View Post
well looks like i forgot to clean my blocks oopps
Temps good now? Was there something in one of them?
Waka waka waka
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom X4 II 955 BE @ 3.84GHz Biostar TA790GX A3+ Powercolor 5770 1GB (935/1280) Patriot 2gb DDR3 1333mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 500GB SATA Win7 Ultimate 32-bit Acer H233H IBM Model M 
PowerCaseMouse
Coolermaster 550w Mozart TX Razer Deathadder 1800dpi 
  hide details  
Reply
Waka waka waka
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom X4 II 955 BE @ 3.84GHz Biostar TA790GX A3+ Powercolor 5770 1GB (935/1280) Patriot 2gb DDR3 1333mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 500GB SATA Win7 Ultimate 32-bit Acer H233H IBM Model M 
PowerCaseMouse
Coolermaster 550w Mozart TX Razer Deathadder 1800dpi 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 22
Thread Starter 
ya i dropped about 10-15c lol
Coeus
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 940 Msi 970a-g46 2x xfx 7970 G Skill NQ PC1333 4x2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 7200.9 160gb need Windows 10 64bit Sharp 32inch 
Power
Thermaltake 1350 
  hide details  
Reply
Coeus
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 940 Msi 970a-g46 2x xfx 7970 G Skill NQ PC1333 4x2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 7200.9 160gb need Windows 10 64bit Sharp 32inch 
Power
Thermaltake 1350 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by whe3ls View Post
ya i dropped about 10-15c lol
Wow, what was in the blocks?
Waka waka waka
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom X4 II 955 BE @ 3.84GHz Biostar TA790GX A3+ Powercolor 5770 1GB (935/1280) Patriot 2gb DDR3 1333mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 500GB SATA Win7 Ultimate 32-bit Acer H233H IBM Model M 
PowerCaseMouse
Coolermaster 550w Mozart TX Razer Deathadder 1800dpi 
  hide details  
Reply
Waka waka waka
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom X4 II 955 BE @ 3.84GHz Biostar TA790GX A3+ Powercolor 5770 1GB (935/1280) Patriot 2gb DDR3 1333mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 500GB SATA Win7 Ultimate 32-bit Acer H233H IBM Model M 
PowerCaseMouse
Coolermaster 550w Mozart TX Razer Deathadder 1800dpi 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 22
Thread Starter 
umm a peice of platic form the upper part of the block where the bards screw into. and some die blobs
Coeus
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 940 Msi 970a-g46 2x xfx 7970 G Skill NQ PC1333 4x2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 7200.9 160gb need Windows 10 64bit Sharp 32inch 
Power
Thermaltake 1350 
  hide details  
Reply
Coeus
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 940 Msi 970a-g46 2x xfx 7970 G Skill NQ PC1333 4x2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 7200.9 160gb need Windows 10 64bit Sharp 32inch 
Power
Thermaltake 1350 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › rather high water temps