Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › mATX Overclockers Club [Seeking Members]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

mATX Overclockers Club [Seeking Members] - Page 8

post #71 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonz™ View Post
Akro, that rig is sooooo tiny.

Right now I'm rockin' the Mini-P180, previously watercooled as you can see from HERE. I'm actually thinking about the SG04 and another 260. Couple questions though.

What kind of temps? Looks like it would be very hot without much airflow in there. How does the H50 cool the i7? High end air isn't an option, and water really isn't an option either unless it's 'small like that. I would think it would suck. Lemme know how you like it.
I was able to modify a 100mm fan into the metal bracket that can exhaust or draw fresh air into the GPU's. I've always wondered if I could fit a 120mm fan at the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akromatic View Post
Akro, that looks awesome. Way to pack in the power mate.
Edited by RonindeBeatrice - 10/5/09 at 5:36am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5645 Asus Rampage II Gene eVGA GTX460 SSC 3x4GB Corsair Dominator PC3-12800 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Crucial C300 64GB Seagate Momentus XT 750 Western Digital GP 2TB EARS Windows 7 Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VE278Q DSI SMK-88 Seasonic X-660 Lian Li U6B 2011 SE 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G500 KAI.g3 HIEN - HARD 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5645 Asus Rampage II Gene eVGA GTX460 SSC 3x4GB Corsair Dominator PC3-12800 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Crucial C300 64GB Seagate Momentus XT 750 Western Digital GP 2TB EARS Windows 7 Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VE278Q DSI SMK-88 Seasonic X-660 Lian Li U6B 2011 SE 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G500 KAI.g3 HIEN - HARD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #72 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonindeBeatrice View Post
I was able to modify a 100mm fan into the metal bracket that can exhaust or draw fresh air into the GPU's. I've always wondered if I could fit a 120mm fan at the top.



Akro, that looks awesome. Way to pack in the power mate.
Hmmm.

I'm thinking of going back to an i7 setup pretty soon. I am debating whether or not to go SG-04 or keep my Mini-P180. The SG-04 is so tiny, but the Mini-P180 has tons of room compared to it. And airflow.

What are your thoughts Ronin?
post #73 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzâ„¢ View Post
Hmmm.

I'm thinking of going back to an i7 setup pretty soon. I am debating whether or not to go SG-04 or keep my Mini-P180. The SG-04 is so tiny, but the Mini-P180 has tons of room compared to it. And airflow.

What are your thoughts Ronin?
I'm a big proponent of less is more. I like the Mini P180, but it's too big for my tastes. My mate has one, and it's a beautiful and spacious case, but again, too big for my liking.

The Sugo3/4 is the best designed matx box on the planet. I believe that if you can't fit in a Sugo it doesn't belong in a PC. I'm a biased, jaded matx enthusiast however, so don't mind me.

If I was going to go i7 in a Sugo I much like the Corsair bugger, or a Scythe Big Shuriken. Cooling will be a challenge, but anything worth doing, etc...
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5645 Asus Rampage II Gene eVGA GTX460 SSC 3x4GB Corsair Dominator PC3-12800 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Crucial C300 64GB Seagate Momentus XT 750 Western Digital GP 2TB EARS Windows 7 Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VE278Q DSI SMK-88 Seasonic X-660 Lian Li U6B 2011 SE 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G500 KAI.g3 HIEN - HARD 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5645 Asus Rampage II Gene eVGA GTX460 SSC 3x4GB Corsair Dominator PC3-12800 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Crucial C300 64GB Seagate Momentus XT 750 Western Digital GP 2TB EARS Windows 7 Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VE278Q DSI SMK-88 Seasonic X-660 Lian Li U6B 2011 SE 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G500 KAI.g3 HIEN - HARD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #74 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonindeBeatrice View Post
I'm a big proponent of less is more. I like the Mini P180, but it's too big for my tastes. My mate has one, and it's a beautiful and spacious case, but again, too big for my liking.

The Sugo3/4 is the best designed matx box on the planet. I believe that if you can't fit in a Sugo it doesn't belong in a PC. I'm a biased, jaded matx enthusiast however, so don't mind me.

If I was going to go i7 in a Sugo I much like the Corsair bugger, or a Scythe Big Shuriken. Cooling will be a challenge, but anything worth doing, etc...
Well I will sure take your advice

I think I'll go with the 3. It looks sexier

Within a month or few, I'd like to go i7 in that case and grab another 260. Also, if at ALL possibly I'd like to TRY to WC it.
post #75 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzâ„¢ View Post
Well I will sure take your advice

I think I'll go with the 3. It looks sexier

Within a month or few, I'd like to go i7 in that case and grab another 260. Also, if at ALL possibly I'd like to TRY to WC it.
If you're interested you might be able to talk me out of my Sugo3 (if you were interested of course)
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5645 Asus Rampage II Gene eVGA GTX460 SSC 3x4GB Corsair Dominator PC3-12800 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Crucial C300 64GB Seagate Momentus XT 750 Western Digital GP 2TB EARS Windows 7 Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VE278Q DSI SMK-88 Seasonic X-660 Lian Li U6B 2011 SE 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G500 KAI.g3 HIEN - HARD 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5645 Asus Rampage II Gene eVGA GTX460 SSC 3x4GB Corsair Dominator PC3-12800 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Crucial C300 64GB Seagate Momentus XT 750 Western Digital GP 2TB EARS Windows 7 Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VE278Q DSI SMK-88 Seasonic X-660 Lian Li U6B 2011 SE 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G500 KAI.g3 HIEN - HARD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #76 of 155
I've planed some sexy facial mods for my Sg03 as xmas project, mainly a side window and a sleek front panel

as for cooling i havent really pushed it yet(time is a factor and im rebuilding the OS onto the SSD) and i focus on silence(most of the time the fans spin <300rpm) rather then max performance so i cant really give performance figures yet but overall it is capable of taming the i7

air flow isnt an issue as well, insides are slightly warm but thats all. air gets sucked in by the PSU and i've got a 80mm fan at the back of the PSU to prevent heat build up

also i've placed a slot blower at the top to aid cooling, blowhole would be a better option but since my rig is sitting in a bookshelf i dont have enough head room for it


IMO H50 is the most elegant solution for the SG03, standard water is possible with XSPC RX120 Radiator and maybe one more on the PSU and behind the optical drive

what i'm interested in if a 5870(and maybe x2) would fit in the SG03 without sacrificing the standard 120mm fan, im sure the scythe slim fan would be alright though

i only wish the SG03 would be abit longer

btw why is the matx club in offtopic?
Edited by akromatic - 10/7/09 at 12:38am
post #77 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by akromatic View Post
what i'm interested in if a 5870(and maybe x2) would fit in the SG03 without sacrificing the standard 120mm fan, im sure the scythe slim fan would be alright though

i only wish the SG03 would be abit longer

btw why is the matx club in offtopic?
You are able to have the 260's in there with both 120's up front though?
post #78 of 155
[H] has a well defined and busy matx section (just sayin') something OCN is obviously lacking

To all the questions about fitment. Take a look at this build Tom's did. They've managed 2 GTX295's with 25mm thick fans.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5645 Asus Rampage II Gene eVGA GTX460 SSC 3x4GB Corsair Dominator PC3-12800 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Crucial C300 64GB Seagate Momentus XT 750 Western Digital GP 2TB EARS Windows 7 Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VE278Q DSI SMK-88 Seasonic X-660 Lian Li U6B 2011 SE 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G500 KAI.g3 HIEN - HARD 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5645 Asus Rampage II Gene eVGA GTX460 SSC 3x4GB Corsair Dominator PC3-12800 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Crucial C300 64GB Seagate Momentus XT 750 Western Digital GP 2TB EARS Windows 7 Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VE278Q DSI SMK-88 Seasonic X-660 Lian Li U6B 2011 SE 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G500 KAI.g3 HIEN - HARD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #79 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzâ„¢ View Post
You are able to have the 260's in there with both 120's up front though?
yes, very tight fit with a mm or 2 spare

the thing is the 295 is the same length as the 260's @10.5" where as the 5870 is a tad longer @11"
post #80 of 155
We should expand to just SFF in general, instead of just mATX.

Also, bump.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Small Form Factor Systems
Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › mATX Overclockers Club [Seeking Members]