Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [PCmag]AMD's 'Puma' Takes Fight to the Notebook
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[PCmag]AMD's 'Puma' Takes Fight to the Notebook - Page 2

post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Licht View Post
The desktop version of Core would be Core2. Sorry for the bad wording.
No problems. The Core was a good processor though, it was basically clock for clock with an Athlon X2.. Not quite as good as a Pentium M in gaming, but was a faster multimedia processor and was much more rounded like the Athlon.
> Scotland
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE ASUS M4A89GTD 9600GT OC G.SKILL Ripjaws 4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB WD Cavier Black Lite-On SATA DVD+RW Windows 7 Professional Samsung BX2335 + Samsung 2253BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft FSP FX600-GLN-E Aspire X-Cruiser Razer Diamondback 3G 
Mouse Pad
Wacom Intuios 4 Medium 
  hide details  
Reply
> Scotland
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE ASUS M4A89GTD 9600GT OC G.SKILL Ripjaws 4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB WD Cavier Black Lite-On SATA DVD+RW Windows 7 Professional Samsung BX2335 + Samsung 2253BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft FSP FX600-GLN-E Aspire X-Cruiser Razer Diamondback 3G 
Mouse Pad
Wacom Intuios 4 Medium 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 16
Thread Starter 

Found them!!!



PUMA is the black laptop on the far right....
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Licht View Post
Reminds me of Core2's comeabout. Intel couldn't beat AMD in desktops or servers but Core was on their laptops. They noticed it had great power consumption and high power per clock. They then went about making a desktop version, followed shortly by the release of Core 2 which improved on Core and dominated from then until now.
Except in this case AMD's mobile chip is already based off the K8 so the chance of AMD sucessfully making a new desktop chip based on the Turion Ultra is, unfortunately, pretty low. It's too bad, because I'd really like to see AMD release something revolutionary.
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud89 View Post
Except in this case AMD's mobile chip is already based off the K8 so the chance of AMD sucessfully making a new desktop chip based on the Turion Ultra is, unfortunately, pretty low. It's too bad, because I'd really like to see AMD release something revolutionary.
The integrated northbridge however isn't in their desktop processors.
Lee XT
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6300 Asus M5A97 SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7850 AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ OCZ Vertex 4 256GB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H80 Windows 8.1 Pro MCE Dell P2414H WHXV7  Microsoft Generic 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Ultra 600W Limited Edition NZXT Black Steel Razer Deathadder Razer Goliath 
Audio
Realtek HD Audio 
  hide details  
Reply
Lee XT
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6300 Asus M5A97 SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7850 AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ OCZ Vertex 4 256GB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H80 Windows 8.1 Pro MCE Dell P2414H WHXV7  Microsoft Generic 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Ultra 600W Limited Edition NZXT Black Steel Razer Deathadder Razer Goliath 
Audio
Realtek HD Audio 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 16
Puma is more of an inbetween k8 and k10, HD 3800 with 2.xxghz cpu, should game awesomly anyway. I'll certainly buy this if its under the $1000 dollar bracket which i doubt.
post #16 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksideleader View Post
Puma is more of an inbetween k8 and k10, HD 3800 with 2.xxghz cpu, should game awesomly anyway. I'll certainly buy this if its under the $1000 dollar bracket which i doubt.
what the hell are you talking about?! it's a mobile HD3200. and wouldn't a number btween 8 and 10 be 9?? it will be priced $600+ (depends on which company develops it though).....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [PCmag]AMD's 'Puma' Takes Fight to the Notebook