Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Crytekl] Crysis Warhead shipping exclusively to PC this year!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Crytekl] Crysis Warhead shipping exclusively to PC this year!!! - Page 5

post #41 of 169
I just hope I'll be able to still play the game maxed out with my current system. I really don't feel like updating again like I did for the last game.
For your health!
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k @ 4.5 Gigabyte Z77x-UD5H MSI 980TI 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial M550 256GB OS Micron M550 1TB Samsung 1TB TRUE 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 64-bit Dell S2716DG Corsair K70 EVGA 850w P2 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec Twelve Hundred Logitech G502 X-Fi XtremeMusic 
  hide details  
Reply
For your health!
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k @ 4.5 Gigabyte Z77x-UD5H MSI 980TI 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial M550 256GB OS Micron M550 1TB Samsung 1TB TRUE 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 64-bit Dell S2716DG Corsair K70 EVGA 850w P2 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec Twelve Hundred Logitech G502 X-Fi XtremeMusic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #42 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post
Optimization has to do with how efficiently something is done. It has nothing to do with bugs. If people define optimization differently then they aren't using the term properly.

Many other popular games, such as BF2, have similar bugs to the one in the video to which you linked. The more complex the game and programming, the more difficult it is to make the game perfect; and no game is perfect. Period. And just because you see console errors doesn't mean they cause issues. I have played many a game where errors appeared in the console but it had no effect in the game. The console errors could be as simple as not finding a texture that a shader links to, but you won't necessarily see it in game because the parts of the object you see were changed.

So, until you have an example of a game that does the same thing as Crysis while performing better, then you can complain about optimization. If you want to complain about bugs that is entirely different, and even then you have no proof that it makes the game run poorly.

A lot of you need to realize that just because something isn't the way you want it to be doesn't mean it is wrong or inefficient or whatever. When you have credibility on this subject, you can make such claims.

So I suppose you've played both games maxed out in DX10 (on your XP machine...) such that you can make that claim? Or you just conveniently have a friend who does?

Dream on. A simple google search proves you wrong, and I've experienced issues in game as well.
Ofcourse errors in console have an effect ingame.
If the engine is wasting time siving through bugs it's taking away processing
power to deal with such handles.

Btw optimization is classed as both efficency of handling operations and
the manner in which it's done so if you see errors in console that means
something isn't performing as requested which in fact is a optimization fault.

Cryengine2 is a fantastic engine in theory, the problem is getting an engine
designed for high load rendering to perform well. Which at the moment it
doesn't.

Thing is aswell you say that when someone has credibility on the subject
can make claims. can i ask what credibility you have yourself on the subject?
Every thread i see you post in turns into an arguement and you thrust your
opinion left and right shooting down anyone elses opinion as for accusations
of someone not experiencing it first hand, like you said; i suppose you've
worked with the CryEngine 2 on a project and can justify claims that it
is performing as it should? or did you just use google?

why argue every point you don't agree on and defend things with epic intent?
Theres no point, chillax.
Edited by [FH415] LOKI - 6/5/08 at 9:14am
127.0.0.1
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel P9 Hyper Quazilation Teselator! Optimus Prime's face The bionic man's eyes QuadroSpazz DDR10 90000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
40gb ide 1 Scrathing decks Windows 3.1 V2.3bftw Hydrofloric mutagen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Flat Laptop keyboard lookin thing Platropedic rombocock The death star mx1000 laser mouse 
Mouse Pad
Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
127.0.0.1
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel P9 Hyper Quazilation Teselator! Optimus Prime's face The bionic man's eyes QuadroSpazz DDR10 90000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
40gb ide 1 Scrathing decks Windows 3.1 V2.3bftw Hydrofloric mutagen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Flat Laptop keyboard lookin thing Platropedic rombocock The death star mx1000 laser mouse 
Mouse Pad
Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
post #43 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by [FH415] LOKI View Post
Ofcourse errors in console have an effect ingame.
If the engine is wasting time siving through bugs it's taking away processing
power to deal with such handles.

Btw optimization is classed as both efficency of handling operations and
the manner in which it's done so if you see errors in console that means
something isn't performing as requested which in fact is a optimization fault.

Cryengine2 is a fantastic engine in theory, the problem is getting an engine
designed for high load rendering to perform well. Which at the moment it
doesn't.

Thing is aswell you say that when someone has credibility on the subject
can make claims. can i ask what credibility you have yourself on the subject?
Every thread i see you post in turns into an arguement and you thrust your
opinion left and right shooting down anyone elses opinion as for accusations
of someone not experiencing it first hand, like you said; i suppose you've
worked with the CryEngine 2 on a project and can justify claims that it
is performing as it should? or did you just use google?

why argue every point you don't agree on and defend things with epic intent?
Theres no point, chillax.
Every single argument you made is baseless. For starters, you have no proof that the errors are taking up processing time. If they appeared in the console, they already occured... You have yet to show an error in the console that you have tied to something in the game.

Secondly, you are still using the idea of optimization incorrectly so it doesn't matter how you try to define it, you're still wrong. And yet again, you provide no evidence of what you say so even if I am to accept your definition of "optimize," you still don't have a point.

As far as credibility goes, I have programmed for a PC game mod as well as mapped, so I am more than familiar with potential errors as well as those that appear in the console. But that aside, I am not saying Crysis is optimized, I'm saying you can't prove it's not just because it doesn't run well on your machine. Had you read my posts you would know this. By virtue my statement does not require credibility, despite the fact that I do have some.
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #44 of 169
I never made any arguement at all... i made statements o.o
So if your statements don't need credibility neither does anyone else.
I'm not even going to bother commenting more about it because you
already have your mind made up that your right so what's the point.
Still the fact remains you act like an ass to anyone who doesn't share your view.
Don't be so angry, relax, maybe get some air.
127.0.0.1
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel P9 Hyper Quazilation Teselator! Optimus Prime's face The bionic man's eyes QuadroSpazz DDR10 90000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
40gb ide 1 Scrathing decks Windows 3.1 V2.3bftw Hydrofloric mutagen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Flat Laptop keyboard lookin thing Platropedic rombocock The death star mx1000 laser mouse 
Mouse Pad
Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
127.0.0.1
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel P9 Hyper Quazilation Teselator! Optimus Prime's face The bionic man's eyes QuadroSpazz DDR10 90000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
40gb ide 1 Scrathing decks Windows 3.1 V2.3bftw Hydrofloric mutagen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Flat Laptop keyboard lookin thing Platropedic rombocock The death star mx1000 laser mouse 
Mouse Pad
Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
post #45 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post
Every single argument you made is baseless. For starters, you have no proof that the errors are taking up processing time. If they appeared in the console, they already occured... You have yet to show an error in the console that you have tied to something in the game.
My Crysis wouldn't register my mission as complete I had to go to the end of the level manually to activate it lol Do i win? Do i prove ti is buggy?

I agree with everything you are saying as well, no one has any proof that it is un-optimized, that has been my argument all along.

People ask for a game with godly graphics, Crytek give them one and they complain it won't run......well duh! You ask for godly graphics, you have to compensate performance for graphics.

I'm surprised i haven't heard 'Crysis, monkeys, poor coding' in the same sentence yet. *sigh* >> Band wagon
Smallville
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i5 3570k Asus Sabertooth Z77 Asus HD7950 DirectCU II Asus HD7950 DirectCU II 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 128GB Corsair Force Pro, 2 x 2TB HDD, 500GB Ext... LG Blu-Ray, DVD/CD RW drive Corsair H60 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Genuine 27" Crossover 27Q S-IPS 1440p Cyborg V7 Corsair HX1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Phantom White Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Wireless Steelseries QcK Sennheiser eH250 
  hide details  
Reply
Smallville
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i5 3570k Asus Sabertooth Z77 Asus HD7950 DirectCU II Asus HD7950 DirectCU II 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 128GB Corsair Force Pro, 2 x 2TB HDD, 500GB Ext... LG Blu-Ray, DVD/CD RW drive Corsair H60 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Genuine 27" Crossover 27Q S-IPS 1440p Cyborg V7 Corsair HX1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Phantom White Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Wireless Steelseries QcK Sennheiser eH250 
  hide details  
Reply
post #46 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedEarth View Post
My Crysis wouldn't register my mission as complete I had to go to the end of the level manually to activate it lol Do i win? Do i prove ti is buggy?

I agree with everything you are saying as well, no one has any proof that it is un-optimized, that has been my argument all along.

People ask for a game with godly graphics, Crytek give them one and they complain it won't run......well duh! You ask for godly graphics, you have to compensate performance for graphics.

I'm surprised i haven't heard 'Crysis, monkeys, poor coding' in the same sentence yet. *sigh* >> Band wagon
Did you even read what I wrote? I never said it wasn't buggy. I am asking for people to show how console errors have anything to do with in-game bugs or optimization, among other things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [FH415] LOKI View Post
I never made any arguement at all... i made statements o.o
So if your statements don't need credibility neither does anyone else.
I'm not even going to bother commenting more about it because you
already have your mind made up that your right so what's the point.
Still the fact remains you act like an ass to anyone who doesn't share your view.
Don't be so angry, relax, maybe get some air.
You did make arguments, namely against what I said. And now you've given a typical response for someone who's been bested. You claim I act like an ass just because I don't agree with you and show you why? Don't be such a softy. I attacked your words, not you. It's a shame you couldn't do the same.
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #47 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by [FH415] LOKI View Post
Ofcourse errors in console have an effect ingame.
If the engine is wasting time siving through bugs it's taking away processing
power to deal with such handles.

Btw optimization is classed as both efficency of handling operations and
the manner in which it's done so if you see errors in console that means
something isn't performing as requested which in fact is a optimization fault.

Cryengine2 is a fantastic engine in theory, the problem is getting an engine
designed for high load rendering to perform well. Which at the moment it
doesn't.

Thing is aswell you say that when someone has credibility on the subject
can make claims. can i ask what credibility you have yourself on the subject?
Every thread i see you post in turns into an arguement and you thrust your
opinion left and right shooting down anyone elses opinion as for accusations
of someone not experiencing it first hand, like you said; i suppose you've
worked with the CryEngine 2 on a project and can justify claims that it
is performing as it should? or did you just use google?

why argue every point you don't agree on and defend things with epic intent?
Theres no point, chillax.
QFT. I stated that in my first post in this thread. Stargate, you came in here LOOKING for an argument, then when you find one, you get all pissed off.
My System
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X4 955  Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P Sapphire HD 6950 Sapphire HD 6950 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G-Skill Mushkin Callisto Deluxe WD Black LG Supermulti 
CoolingOSKeyboardPower
Rasa Black CPU water block. Rasa X20 pump/res c... Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Deck Legend Fire mechanical with Cherry Black s... Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1200W modular PSU. 
CaseMouseAudio
Cooler Master Storm Scout Logitech MX-518 Logitech Wireless headset for gaming and 100w M... 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X4 955  Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P Sapphire HD 6950 Sapphire HD 6950 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G-Skill Mushkin Callisto Deluxe WD Black LG Supermulti 
CoolingOSKeyboardPower
Rasa Black CPU water block. Rasa X20 pump/res c... Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Deck Legend Fire mechanical with Cherry Black s... Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1200W modular PSU. 
CaseMouseAudio
Cooler Master Storm Scout Logitech MX-518 Logitech Wireless headset for gaming and 100w M... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #48 of 169
I am not even going to bother writing a new post about Crysis, I will just copy/paste what I have said for the 100th time now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickS View Post
You want proof that Crysis is unoptimized? Go play Assassins Creed, COD4, TF2, and Bioshock and report how many fps you got in all three of those games and than play Crysis and tell me how many fps you get on it maxed out without AA or AF. When you realize that you get over 4X as many fps in the three games that I listed over Crysis yet some of those games actually look better than Crysis you will realize that Crysis is severely unoptimized. I mean, I have seen people get 3fps in Crysis maxed out with sli 8800GT's, what can look so amazing to the point where two 8800GT's in sli only get you 3fps?

Crysis surely doesn't look nearly good enough to be getting 3 fps on a system like that. That would mean that it would have to look around 26X better than COD4 which obviously isn't the case at all. Four 9800GX2's cant even max it out and Cevat or w/e his name is lied about how well that it would run and scale with X64 and quad cores.

You could also take a look at FarCry compared to HL2 which were both released around the same time period and see that HL2 uses way higher resolution textures and it looks way better than Farcry yet there wasn't a card out during the release of Farcry that could even run the game on high yet when HL2 was released it could be ran maxed out on most systems yet it looks way better than Farcry. That is proof right there that Crytek does a terrible job when it comes to making their games run good.

HL2 http://myego.cz/img/grafika/half-life-2b.jpg http://games.softpedia.com/screenshots/9-237_3.jpg

Farcry http://www.cheats.ru/uploaded/f/farcry01991.jpg http://www.grandcentralgaming.co.uk/images/farcry.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickS View Post
When people consider 30 fps "good enough" with dual 9800GX2's in quad sli yet it doesn't even look nearly as good as it's prerendered screenshots than you know that its unoptimized. Not to mention that there are games out right now that look better than Crysis yet they run miles better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickS View Post
It's about as close to proof as you can get. The only other way to prove that it is unoptimized would be for another game programmer to debug all of the code and how the graphics are set up along with all of the other core game mechanics.
Some people are just too stubborn..........
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Opteron 170 @ 2.81 on stock volts ASUS A8N5X XFX G92 8800GTS 2X1GB kingston DDR333 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 250GB & Seagate 160GB Windows XP Pro SP3 P275 CRT Logitech Media Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Sparkle 550W CM 690 Intellimouse 3.0 Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Opteron 170 @ 2.81 on stock volts ASUS A8N5X XFX G92 8800GTS 2X1GB kingston DDR333 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 250GB & Seagate 160GB Windows XP Pro SP3 P275 CRT Logitech Media Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Sparkle 550W CM 690 Intellimouse 3.0 Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #49 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyOverclocker View Post
QFT. I stated that in my first post in this thread. Stargate, you came in here LOOKING for an argument, then when you find one, you get all pissed off.
QFT!
Master Control
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6300 Six-Core  GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD Radeon 480 Red Dragon  Team Vulcan  
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Team Vulcan  Muskin Reactor 2.5 SSD Windows 10 64bit Acer H233H 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerMouseMouse Pad
Microsoft Pro PC Power & Cooling 750W Microsoft Pro old and busted 
  hide details  
Reply
Master Control
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6300 Six-Core  GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD Radeon 480 Red Dragon  Team Vulcan  
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Team Vulcan  Muskin Reactor 2.5 SSD Windows 10 64bit Acer H233H 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerMouseMouse Pad
Microsoft Pro PC Power & Cooling 750W Microsoft Pro old and busted 
  hide details  
Reply
post #50 of 169
So, you play on the same island, w/ the same game mechanics, same story, and same characters, with just updated code?

...guess we know what happened to patch 1.3.
Callisto
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K 4.7ghz @ 1.37v MSI P67A-GD65 EVGA GTX 680 Mushkin Enhanced Redline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1866 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Intel SSD 40GB; Seagate Cavier Green 1TB Scientific Linux 6.3/Windoze7 22" Samsung SyncMaster 2232BW Corsair TX850 
  hide details  
Reply
Callisto
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K 4.7ghz @ 1.37v MSI P67A-GD65 EVGA GTX 680 Mushkin Enhanced Redline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1866 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Intel SSD 40GB; Seagate Cavier Green 1TB Scientific Linux 6.3/Windoze7 22" Samsung SyncMaster 2232BW Corsair TX850 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Crytekl] Crysis Warhead shipping exclusively to PC this year!!!