Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › How can I silence my Galaxy 8600GT Low Profile Card
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How can I silence my Galaxy 8600GT Low Profile Card - Page 2

post #11 of 22
Riva Tuner? If the fan is controllable, you should be able to control the speed with Riva.
post #12 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wire View Post
Riva Tuner? If the fan is controllable, you should be able to control the speed with Riva.
does the fan have to be connected to the mobo, cause there's no cables that connect to the mobo, just one cable for the fan that connects to the vid card
post #13 of 22
No, I doesn't have to be connected to the motherboard. Right below where it says the the video card model, click customize and then click low level system settings, then enable low level fan control. You should be able to control the fan speed through there if it isn't locked at 100%.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k Gigabyte Z77X-D3H MSI R9 270 2x4GB G.skill Ripjaws X 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 250GB. Samsung F3 1TB, Seagate 2TB LP Corsair H80 Windows 8.1 LG M2352 23" IPS 
PowerCaseAudio
Corsair VX550 Lian Li PC-P50WB KEF iQ10 driven by TCA Gizmo source by Aune T1 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k Gigabyte Z77X-D3H MSI R9 270 2x4GB G.skill Ripjaws X 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 250GB. Samsung F3 1TB, Seagate 2TB LP Corsair H80 Windows 8.1 LG M2352 23" IPS 
PowerCaseAudio
Corsair VX550 Lian Li PC-P50WB KEF iQ10 driven by TCA Gizmo source by Aune T1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 22
I had this issue with my Galaxy 8800GT that had the 2 slot box cooler... the fan speed was stuck @ 100% in the bios... if the same is true for the 8600GT, rivatuner might not work for clocking it down...

Your best option would be to make a 2 to 3 pin adapter and attach it directly to a motherboard 3 pin header instead of to the video card... then you should be able to control the fan speed via mobo BIOS or Speedfan
post #15 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
No, I doesn't have to be connected to the motherboard. Right below where it says the the video card model, click customize and then click low level system settings, then enable low level fan control. You should be able to control the fan speed through there if it isn't locked at 100%.
it didn't do anything, after i restarted i was able to move the "fixed" bar, but showed no change in speed or noise after applying different settings
post #16 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade007 View Post
it didn't do anything, after i restarted i was able to move the "fixed" bar, but showed no change in speed or noise after applying different settings
Well then your solution may lie upon killa_concept's post, since it is stuck at 100%.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k Gigabyte Z77X-D3H MSI R9 270 2x4GB G.skill Ripjaws X 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 250GB. Samsung F3 1TB, Seagate 2TB LP Corsair H80 Windows 8.1 LG M2352 23" IPS 
PowerCaseAudio
Corsair VX550 Lian Li PC-P50WB KEF iQ10 driven by TCA Gizmo source by Aune T1 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k Gigabyte Z77X-D3H MSI R9 270 2x4GB G.skill Ripjaws X 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 250GB. Samsung F3 1TB, Seagate 2TB LP Corsair H80 Windows 8.1 LG M2352 23" IPS 
PowerCaseAudio
Corsair VX550 Lian Li PC-P50WB KEF iQ10 driven by TCA Gizmo source by Aune T1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by killa_concept View Post
I had this issue with my Galaxy 8800GT that had the 2 slot box cooler... the fan speed was stuck @ 100% in the bios... if the same is true for the 8600GT, rivatuner might not work for clocking it down...

Your best option would be to make a 2 to 3 pin adapter and attach it directly to a motherboard 3 pin header instead of to the video card... then you should be able to control the fan speed via mobo BIOS or Speedfan
how do i make a 2 to 3 pin adapter and where would i connect it on the mobo
post #18 of 22
The Zalman FC-ZV9 can keep it quiet and cool.
Saphira
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6820HK HM170 (MSI GT72) GTX 970M DDR4 2133 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung SM951-NVMe HGST 7200RPM Windows 8.1 LG Philips LP173WF4-SPF1 
PowerMouse
Delta 230W ASUS ROG Gladius 
  hide details  
Reply
Saphira
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6820HK HM170 (MSI GT72) GTX 970M DDR4 2133 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung SM951-NVMe HGST 7200RPM Windows 8.1 LG Philips LP173WF4-SPF1 
PowerMouse
Delta 230W ASUS ROG Gladius 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade007 View Post
how do i make a 2 to 3 pin adapter and where would i connect it on the mobo
with some wire cutters, wire strippers, a soldering iron, and a useless fan lying around w/ a 3 pin mobo header. just connect the red to red and black to black and solder and tape. then you're good.
Router
(12 items)
 
  
Reply
Router
(12 items)
 
  
Reply
post #20 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
with some wire cutters, wire strippers, a soldering iron, and a useless fan lying around w/ a 3 pin mobo header. just connect the red to red and black to black and solder and tape. then you're good.
..that won't be happening

so speedfan only works if you have a cable connected directly to the mobo
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › How can I silence my Galaxy 8600GT Low Profile Card