Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › Ridiculous Xtreme Music Installation Problems
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ridiculous Xtreme Music Installation Problems - Page 3

post #21 of 26
Thread Starter 
Well, I found that the drivers that I downloaded off the Creative site wouldn't work on my two other computers. It only seems to work for my sig rig. They would freeze up and wouldn't install successfully. I didn't even want to bother going through all the trouble of driver cleaning retail comps. One didn't even have a Realtek audio chip/audio device in general.

I already filled out an RMA thingy since I'm sick of dealing with the card already. Hopefully they come to the same conclusion I did with the card and that I get a replacement Xtreme Music that works.
Sinking Box
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500k 4.8Ghz 1.37v ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 ASUS HD5850 955/1250 8GB G.Skill Snipers 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x Western Digital 640GB Caviar Blacks RAID 0 XSPC Rasa + RX360 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Sharp 32" 1080p LCD HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Illuminated Keyboard Corsair HX620 Corsair Obsidian 700D Logitech G3 Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
Sinking Box
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500k 4.8Ghz 1.37v ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 ASUS HD5850 955/1250 8GB G.Skill Snipers 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x Western Digital 640GB Caviar Blacks RAID 0 XSPC Rasa + RX360 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Sharp 32" 1080p LCD HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Illuminated Keyboard Corsair HX620 Corsair Obsidian 700D Logitech G3 Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpg2 View Post
Well, I found that the drivers that I downloaded off the Creative site wouldn't work on my two other computers. It only seems to work for my sig rig. They would freeze up and wouldn't install successfully. I didn't even want to bother going through all the trouble of driver cleaning retail comps. One didn't even have a Realtek audio chip/audio device in general.

I already filled out an RMA thingy since I'm sick of dealing with the card already. Hopefully they come to the same conclusion I did with the card and that I get a replacement Xtreme Music that works.
Sorry to hear that you couldn't get it to work, good luck with your RMA.
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulli85 View Post
Sorry to hear that you couldn't get it to work, good luck with your RMA.
Thanks, I saw your thread for a new card. Non X-Fi card too. I hope that you don't experience any Creative-esque problems with the card!

If the RMAing doesn't result in a working Xtreme Music for me, I'll return it for a refund and get a new card if I do that.
Sinking Box
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500k 4.8Ghz 1.37v ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 ASUS HD5850 955/1250 8GB G.Skill Snipers 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x Western Digital 640GB Caviar Blacks RAID 0 XSPC Rasa + RX360 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Sharp 32" 1080p LCD HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Illuminated Keyboard Corsair HX620 Corsair Obsidian 700D Logitech G3 Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
Sinking Box
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500k 4.8Ghz 1.37v ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 ASUS HD5850 955/1250 8GB G.Skill Snipers 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x Western Digital 640GB Caviar Blacks RAID 0 XSPC Rasa + RX360 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Sharp 32" 1080p LCD HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Illuminated Keyboard Corsair HX620 Corsair Obsidian 700D Logitech G3 Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpg2 View Post
Thanks, I saw your thread for a new card. Non X-Fi card too. I hope that you don't experience any Creative-esque problems with the card!

If the RMAing doesn't result in a working Xtreme Music for me, I'll return it for a refund and get a new card if I do that.
Yeah. I just can't deal with Creative anymore. I have had a bunch of their sound cards because they were always the supposed 'best' at the time. Sound Blaster Audigy 2-->XFI XtremeMusic-->XFI Prelude. I definitely had some kind of Creative card before the Audigy 2, just can't remember the naming scheme. I had issues with every single one of them though...They were nice when they worked the way they should have, however.

By the way, should you should make sure that your refurb'd card is refundable. It would be at most places but you never know with Creative.
Edited by Zulli85 - 6/12/08 at 10:01pm
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulli85 View Post
Yeah. I just can't deal with Creative anymore. I have had a bunch of their sound cards because they were always the supposed 'best' at the time. Sound Blaster Audigy 2-->XFI XtremeMusic-->XFI Prelude. I definitely had some kind of Creative card before the Audigy 2, just can't remember the naming scheme. I had issues with every single one of them though...They were nice when they worked the way they should have, however.

By the way, should you should make sure that your refurb'd card is refundable. It would be at most places but you never know with Creative.
Haha, and now you're just now leaving them behind? Man, I don't even want another Creative card and I've had my Xtreme Music for like 3 days.

You're getting one of those high end cards right? Judging from the audiophile label you gave your self, I'd say yes .
Sinking Box
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500k 4.8Ghz 1.37v ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 ASUS HD5850 955/1250 8GB G.Skill Snipers 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x Western Digital 640GB Caviar Blacks RAID 0 XSPC Rasa + RX360 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Sharp 32" 1080p LCD HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Illuminated Keyboard Corsair HX620 Corsair Obsidian 700D Logitech G3 Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
Sinking Box
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500k 4.8Ghz 1.37v ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 ASUS HD5850 955/1250 8GB G.Skill Snipers 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x Western Digital 640GB Caviar Blacks RAID 0 XSPC Rasa + RX360 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Sharp 32" 1080p LCD HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Illuminated Keyboard Corsair HX620 Corsair Obsidian 700D Logitech G3 Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpg2 View Post
Haha, and now you're just now leaving them behind? Man, I don't even want another Creative card and I've had my Xtreme Music for like 3 days.

You're getting one of those high end cards right? Judging from the audiophile label you gave your self, I'd say yes .
Indeed I am, HT Omega Claro Plus+
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sound Cards and Computer Audio
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › Ridiculous Xtreme Music Installation Problems