Im cooked my E8400
This is the long story but recap in points below.
1. I was bought a new E8400. First test - stable overclock 3,6 Ghz with stock vcore. Afterwards I had stable overclock @ 4,2 Ghz with 1,48 vcore. Temps are 35c - open case.
2. Next step @ 4,5 Ghz (fsb500)with 1,51 vcore but stable only few minutes
3. Raise vcore to 1,55 stable around 15 minutes, temps are 40c - open case
4. Raise vcore to 1,60 stable around 30 minutes, temps are 40c - open case
5. Raise vcore to 1,65 - nothing change stable around 30 minutes but temps are 42c
6. I benching @ 4,5ghz with many various bios setings a few hours
7. Suddenly the system was power off
8. I can't boot up @4,5. System start up max @4,2Ghz but become unstable
9. Now max stable overclock is 4.0 ghz but with raise vcore to 1,50
10. 2 days later 4,0ghz @fsb500 become unstable. Stable is @vcore 1,51
11. One day later 4,0ghz @fsb500 become unstable @ any vcore and not post @vcore 1,51
12. From 2 month till now max system stable is 3,60 Ghz @ 1,275
Nothing help it. New bios, reset bios. Ram change.
The true story of chip degradation.
Have you any experience with 0,45nm CPU degradation?