Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › Final computer build, just wanted to make sure it all matched up.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Final computer build, just wanted to make sure it all matched up. - Page 2

post #11 of 28
Thread Starter 
So would this for a motherboard:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131196

and this for a CPU:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115017

be better than my current build?

Remember this thing needs to run the ATI 4870 X2 when they come out.
My System
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 EVGA X58 EVGA GTX 285 1GB OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
WD Black 640GB Samsung Vista Home Premium 64 Corsair 750W 
CaseMouse
CM Storm Sniper G500 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 EVGA X58 EVGA GTX 285 1GB OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
WD Black 640GB Samsung Vista Home Premium 64 Corsair 750W 
CaseMouse
CM Storm Sniper G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 28
I personally think you should get a Phenom with a 790FX mobo if you go with ATi cards so you can have a SPIDER
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 64 x2 5200+ Windsor ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe EVGA 8800GTS 640MB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 1GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 250GB LG DVD-ROM Windows XP Home Corsair HX-520W 
Case
Lian Li PC-7 Plus II 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 64 x2 5200+ Windsor ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe EVGA 8800GTS 640MB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 1GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 250GB LG DVD-ROM Windows XP Home Corsair HX-520W 
Case
Lian Li PC-7 Plus II 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by N0 F34R 1488 View Post
I personally think you should get a Phenom with a 790FX mobo if you go with ATi cards so you can have a SPIDER
Thats what I initially thought. AMD and ATi always seemed to work better together.

So how about this mobo instead of the one I had in my first post:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813130136

Would this be better if I go AMD and still work with all the other parts I selected?

PS-Whats a SPIDER?
My System
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 EVGA X58 EVGA GTX 285 1GB OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
WD Black 640GB Samsung Vista Home Premium 64 Corsair 750W 
CaseMouse
CM Storm Sniper G500 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 EVGA X58 EVGA GTX 285 1GB OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
WD Black 640GB Samsung Vista Home Premium 64 Corsair 750W 
CaseMouse
CM Storm Sniper G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 28
spider is the ati+amd gaming moniker

and yeah intel is just as good with ati cards, a good x38 or x48 would do just fine
Sloppy Cannibal
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
x3210@3.6ghz DFI x38 LP LT t2r -Enzotech nb block 4870 512 underwater 8gb G-Skill (1000 mhz) 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1 80gb and 2 500's Win 7 Dual 22'' viewsonic 1680x1050 BFG 800 watt 
Case
Custom Tech Station 
  hide details  
Reply
Sloppy Cannibal
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
x3210@3.6ghz DFI x38 LP LT t2r -Enzotech nb block 4870 512 underwater 8gb G-Skill (1000 mhz) 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1 80gb and 2 500's Win 7 Dual 22'' viewsonic 1680x1050 BFG 800 watt 
Case
Custom Tech Station 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 28
Thread Starter 
I think I'm gonna go with the 9850 BE with this mobo:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813130136

It's cheaper and performs better than my first posted mobo right?

And this all will support the 4870 X2 right?
My System
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 EVGA X58 EVGA GTX 285 1GB OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
WD Black 640GB Samsung Vista Home Premium 64 Corsair 750W 
CaseMouse
CM Storm Sniper G500 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 EVGA X58 EVGA GTX 285 1GB OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
WD Black 640GB Samsung Vista Home Premium 64 Corsair 750W 
CaseMouse
CM Storm Sniper G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticstryk View Post
I think I'm gonna go with the 9850 BE with this mobo:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813130136

It's cheaper and performs better than my first posted mobo right?

And this all will support the 4870 X2 right?
For that price range, get the DFI one, or the ASUS one is a bit more expensive.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 64 x2 5200+ Windsor ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe EVGA 8800GTS 640MB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 1GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 250GB LG DVD-ROM Windows XP Home Corsair HX-520W 
Case
Lian Li PC-7 Plus II 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 64 x2 5200+ Windsor ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe EVGA 8800GTS 640MB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 1GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 250GB LG DVD-ROM Windows XP Home Corsair HX-520W 
Case
Lian Li PC-7 Plus II 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by N0 F34R 1488 View Post
For that price range, get the DFI one, or the ASUS one is a bit more expensive.
I'm not worried about the price. I just want it to give me the best performance and work with everything I selected in my first post.

So what is the BEST mobo for my build I have already and be no more than $300 dollars. Unless the price/performance ratio is high then I'll go over $300.

PS: This has to work with next gen gpu's. Particularly the ATI 4870 X2 in crossfire.
My System
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 EVGA X58 EVGA GTX 285 1GB OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
WD Black 640GB Samsung Vista Home Premium 64 Corsair 750W 
CaseMouse
CM Storm Sniper G500 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 EVGA X58 EVGA GTX 285 1GB OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
WD Black 640GB Samsung Vista Home Premium 64 Corsair 750W 
CaseMouse
CM Storm Sniper G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 28
Motherboard:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131224 -go with this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813136046

Memory:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231166 -looks fine

Hard drives: -just get a single velociraptor http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...k=velociraptor
Main:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822136011
Secondary:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822136073

Case with a Power Supply combo:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811119136 -i wouldnt go with that combo for this nice of a build enstead go with any silverstone 1k watt psu pick one u like either modular or not whatever u prefer, for the case i would look into a few other ones and pick one that you find easteticaly pleasing as you dont want to pick something out your not gona like sitting next to you every day for multiple hours. Heres a few examples of great cases Armor+ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811133056, antec 1200 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811129043, cosmos http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811119150.

CPU:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...k=9850%2bblack -go with a q6700 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115027

DVD/CD drive:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16827151171 -get a optical drive with litescribe like this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16827135156

GPU:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102719
-I will sell this in august/september when the new ATI HD 4870X2 comes out -looks fine

Monitor:
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Acer-...oductDetail.do -looks fine

Operating System:
Vista Home Premium 64-bit from Best Buy for $240 -good

Keyboard and Mouse:
Best buy -get the razer lycosa and lachesis both at best buy

Anyhow thats what i think you should go with for this budget for each part you mentioned. In answer to your questions this build is much better than your currently selected and mentioned parts IMO and i think most people on these forums will agree. If you have any questions regarding my choices i subed your thread.
Edited by wildfire99 - 6/13/08 at 1:43pm
M.E.D.
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E5200 :( Maximus Formula x38 9600GSO :( G.Skill 2x2gb ddr2 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Barracuda 7200.12 500GB Samsung DVD Burner /W Lightscribe Windows 7 64bit 17" CRT :( 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Corsair 850TX Modded Antec 900 Razer Lachesis 
Mouse PadAudio
Rocketfish Dbl-sided Anodized Aluminum Logitech CRAP speakers.. :( 
  hide details  
Reply
M.E.D.
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E5200 :( Maximus Formula x38 9600GSO :( G.Skill 2x2gb ddr2 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Barracuda 7200.12 500GB Samsung DVD Burner /W Lightscribe Windows 7 64bit 17" CRT :( 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Corsair 850TX Modded Antec 900 Razer Lachesis 
Mouse PadAudio
Rocketfish Dbl-sided Anodized Aluminum Logitech CRAP speakers.. :( 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire99 View Post
Motherboard:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131224 -go with this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813136046

Memory:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231166 -looks fine

Hard drives: -just get a single velociraptor http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...k=velociraptor
Main:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822136011
Secondary:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822136073

Case with a Power Supply combo:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811119136 -i wouldnt go with that combo for this nice of a build enstead go with any silverstone 1k watt psu pick one u like either modular or not whatever u prefer, for the case i would look into a few other ones and pick one that you find easteticaly pleasing as you dont want to pick something out your not gona like sitting next to you every day for multiple hours. Heres a few examples of great cases Armor+ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811133056, antec 1200 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811129043, cosmos http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811119150.

CPU:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...k=9850%2bblack -go with a q6700 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115027

DVD/CD drive:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16827151171 -get a optical drive with litescribe like this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16827135156

GPU:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102719
-I will sell this in august/september when the new ATI HD 4870X2 comes out -looks fine

Monitor:
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Acer-...oductDetail.do -looks fine

Operating System:
Vista Home Premium 64-bit from Best Buy for $240 -good

Keyboard and Mouse:
Best buy -get the razer lycosa and lachesis both at best buy

Anyhow thats what i think you should go with for this budget for each part you mentioned. In answer to your questions this build is much better than your currently selected and mentioned parts IMO and i think most people on these forums will agree. If you have any questions regarding my choices i subed your thread.
Thank you that was extremely helpful! But it seems like the cpu and memory might not match up with the mobo?
My System
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 EVGA X58 EVGA GTX 285 1GB OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
WD Black 640GB Samsung Vista Home Premium 64 Corsair 750W 
CaseMouse
CM Storm Sniper G500 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 EVGA X58 EVGA GTX 285 1GB OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
WD Black 640GB Samsung Vista Home Premium 64 Corsair 750W 
CaseMouse
CM Storm Sniper G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticstryk View Post
Thank you that was extremely helpful! But it seems like the cpu and memory might not match up with the mobo?
trust me the memory motherboard and cpu i suggested match up.
just double checking your reading my stuff properly,
a q6700 intel proccessor- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115027
your suggested 1066 2x2 g.skill ram- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231166
the x48 chipset socket 775 lan party dk MB- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813136046
M.E.D.
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E5200 :( Maximus Formula x38 9600GSO :( G.Skill 2x2gb ddr2 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Barracuda 7200.12 500GB Samsung DVD Burner /W Lightscribe Windows 7 64bit 17" CRT :( 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Corsair 850TX Modded Antec 900 Razer Lachesis 
Mouse PadAudio
Rocketfish Dbl-sided Anodized Aluminum Logitech CRAP speakers.. :( 
  hide details  
Reply
M.E.D.
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E5200 :( Maximus Formula x38 9600GSO :( G.Skill 2x2gb ddr2 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Barracuda 7200.12 500GB Samsung DVD Burner /W Lightscribe Windows 7 64bit 17" CRT :( 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Corsair 850TX Modded Antec 900 Razer Lachesis 
Mouse PadAudio
Rocketfish Dbl-sided Anodized Aluminum Logitech CRAP speakers.. :( 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › Final computer build, just wanted to make sure it all matched up.