Originally Posted by The_Rocker
I am not going to bother benching now. I gave up benching back when I had SLI 8800GTX's... It gets boring stressing your hardware to impress others.
I can confirm that I shall now be leaving my cards at the SC spec clocks and my CPU at 3.6. This provides plenty of power @ 1680 * 1050.
I will probably be stepping up to two of the new cards in a month or so. This was part of my plan to buy the 9800's to hold me over 2 months then use step up to grab two of the new cards after they have been out for more than a month to let prices settle
Thankyou all, these seem to be great cards but now I have to do a proper driver reinstall as I didn't when I put them in..... (Safe mode etc...)
Yeap, as long your system is capable of performing its max without damagin ur product, you're good.
I for one tried breaking 22k on 3Dmark06, i Failed horribly, But then i had many programs open when i ran mark06,and i scored a 21.5k
Anyhow, i would have 2 9800 Gtx right now, if my stepup is still availiable for one my older cards.
Since i dont have step up anymore, I'm planning to watercool these cards or get Dual GV1000's, gotta get 800/2000/2200
Originally Posted by noodle
lol?? biased? this is coming from somone who has a freind with sli 9800GTXs and he wishes he kept his 8800GTS and waited for the GTX2xx series as he noticed barely any difference
Seriously. we don't give a crap if your friend had 2 9800 gtx, he BOUGHT the cards with stepup STILL availiable, so he is NOT losing money, he can stepup to the UPCOMING graphic card from NVIDIA.
So please, READ his comments before RESPONDING.
and again, there are people that DON'T care about the performance to price ratio. If he bought the card for around 250$ each, total of 500$, he can wait for the upcoming nvidia card that will probably be over that price, and STILL have to pay extra to step up to those card anyway? Why not have some performance now then step up later.