Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › Is this a good PC setup?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Is this a good PC setup?

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but will this be OK for the next couple of years as a Gaming Rig?

---The new ATI cards when they come out

---Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor – Retail- $189.99

---Microsoft Windows XP Home Premium for System Builders Single Pack DVD – OEM- $94.99

---G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory – Retail- $49.99

---Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3500630AS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive – OEM- $79.99

---Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case – Retail- $119.99

---GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard – Retail- $89.99

---LITE-ON Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner With 12X DVD-RAM Write - OEM - $25.99

---CORSAIR CMPSU-450VX 450W ATX12V V2.2 Power Supply 90 - 264 V UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TUV, CCC, C-tick – Retail- $79.99


Is there anything wrong with it that needs to be fixed? Is the case big enough for the new ATI cards? My PC is 1280X1020, so maybe I should just buy a 8800GT and forget about the new ones because my PC's res is so low?
post #2 of 13
Everything seems fine. If your not going to play high Res than get a 8800GT 512 and it should fit well at 1280X1020. I have mine set to 1440 x 900 and everthing is fine.
 
Back Up PC
(13 items)
 
GF Laptop
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-7700K (Delidded) Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming  ASUS GTX 1070 ROG Strix 8GB 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 Pro Series 1TB Samsung F3 1TB  Samsung SH-S223Q/BEBS DVD Burner Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
2 x Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-15 120MM fans 4 x Enermax TB Silence Red 120mm fans 1 x Coolermaster 200mm fan 1 x Coolermaster 140mm fan 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
1 x Coolermaster 120mm fan Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit ASUS VG248QE 24" 1920x1080 144hz Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Silent 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX1200 Cooler Master Cosmos II Logitech G502 Razer Vespula  
AudioAudioAudio
Auzentech X-Fi Forte 7.1 Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Astro A40 Headset 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ 2.2Ghz Asus M2N68-LA NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE Integrated Corsair XMS2 2GB 4X1GB PC2-6400 DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 640GB CB HP DVD/CD-RW Burner Windows 10 Pro x64 Samsung P2370HD @ [1920x1080p] 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Bestec 300W HP Case Logitech G100s 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Celeron N2820 2.13Ghz Dual-core Intel HD Graphics G.SKILL SL Series 4GB DDR3L 1600MHz Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD 
OSMonitorMouseMouse Pad
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit 15.6" HD LED LCD Corsair M65 Razer Vespula 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Back Up PC
(13 items)
 
GF Laptop
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-7700K (Delidded) Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming  ASUS GTX 1070 ROG Strix 8GB 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 Pro Series 1TB Samsung F3 1TB  Samsung SH-S223Q/BEBS DVD Burner Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
2 x Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-15 120MM fans 4 x Enermax TB Silence Red 120mm fans 1 x Coolermaster 200mm fan 1 x Coolermaster 140mm fan 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
1 x Coolermaster 120mm fan Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit ASUS VG248QE 24" 1920x1080 144hz Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry MX Silent 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX1200 Cooler Master Cosmos II Logitech G502 Razer Vespula  
AudioAudioAudio
Auzentech X-Fi Forte 7.1 Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Astro A40 Headset 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ 2.2Ghz Asus M2N68-LA NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE Integrated Corsair XMS2 2GB 4X1GB PC2-6400 DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 640GB CB HP DVD/CD-RW Burner Windows 10 Pro x64 Samsung P2370HD @ [1920x1080p] 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Bestec 300W HP Case Logitech G100s 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Celeron N2820 2.13Ghz Dual-core Intel HD Graphics G.SKILL SL Series 4GB DDR3L 1600MHz Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD 
OSMonitorMouseMouse Pad
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit 15.6" HD LED LCD Corsair M65 Razer Vespula 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 13
Thread Starter 
I want it to be able to run Crysis on max settings at 1280X1020 at an acceptable framerate. I don't think the 8800GT can do that right now. Don't get me wrong, it's a great card, but not enough for what I just said.
post #4 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mister View Post
I want it to be able to run Crysis on max settings at 1280X1020 at an acceptable framerate. I don't think the 8800GT can do that right now. Don't get me wrong, it's a great card, but not enough for what I just said.
Welcome my friend, looks like you did your research on buying good parts 10/10 for you there , the 4850 and 4870 look good don't they , i would pick up a 4850, they are to cost $229 and be 1.4 x faster than the 8800GT so it should be able to max out Crysis at that resolution, and is your monitor 17" or 19"?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 5000 x2 Black Edition  BioStar 790GX 128M BFG 9800GT 1024 Mb 4x1 GB's of random thingies  
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
300GB Maxtor  Windows 7-U 64bit HP 19"  Logetech 
PowerCaseMouse
400 watt silver stone  Ultra Grid Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 5000 x2 Black Edition  BioStar 790GX 128M BFG 9800GT 1024 Mb 4x1 GB's of random thingies  
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
300GB Maxtor  Windows 7-U 64bit HP 19"  Logetech 
PowerCaseMouse
400 watt silver stone  Ultra Grid Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Russian :D View Post
Welcome my friend, looks like you did your research on buying good parts 10/10 for you there , the 4850 and 4870 look good don't they , i would pick up a 4850, they are to cost $229 and be 1.4 x faster than the 8800GT so it should be able to max out Crysis at that resolution, and is your monitor 17" or 19"?
It's a 19" X2gen LCD.
post #6 of 13
Looks like a fine machine. Only thing I'd tweak would be maybe getting a higher wattage PSU. I know Corsair has 550, and 620 models, and they aren't that much more expensive. just a thought

Just checked newegg you can get a 550 Corsair PSU for $100

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817139004
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mister View Post
It's a 19" X2gen LCD.
cool
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 5000 x2 Black Edition  BioStar 790GX 128M BFG 9800GT 1024 Mb 4x1 GB's of random thingies  
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
300GB Maxtor  Windows 7-U 64bit HP 19"  Logetech 
PowerCaseMouse
400 watt silver stone  Ultra Grid Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 5000 x2 Black Edition  BioStar 790GX 128M BFG 9800GT 1024 Mb 4x1 GB's of random thingies  
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
300GB Maxtor  Windows 7-U 64bit HP 19"  Logetech 
PowerCaseMouse
400 watt silver stone  Ultra Grid Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mister View Post
I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but will this be OK for the next couple of years as a Gaming Rig?

---The new ATI cards when they come out

---Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor – Retail- $189.99

---Microsoft Windows XP Home Premium for System Builders Single Pack DVD – OEM- $94.99

---G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory – Retail- $49.99

---Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3500630AS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive – OEM- $79.99

---Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case – Retail- $119.99

---GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard – Retail- $89.99

---LITE-ON Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner With 12X DVD-RAM Write - OEM - $25.99

---CORSAIR CMPSU-450VX 450W ATX12V V2.2 Power Supply 90 - 264 V UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TUV, CCC, C-tick – Retail- $79.99


Is there anything wrong with it that needs to be fixed? Is the case big enough for the new ATI cards? My PC is 1280X1020, so maybe I should just buy a 8800GT and forget about the new ones because my PC's res is so low?
I think you are buying from newegg right? Well, you should.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.20GHz (lapped) DFI Lanparty DK P35-T2RS MSI 8800 GTS 512MB G.SKILL 2(2 X 2GB) Dual Ch. 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Seagate 7200rpm 250GB Vista Home Premium 64-bit Acer 22" Corsair 550W 
Case
Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.20GHz (lapped) DFI Lanparty DK P35-T2RS MSI 8800 GTS 512MB G.SKILL 2(2 X 2GB) Dual Ch. 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Seagate 7200rpm 250GB Vista Home Premium 64-bit Acer 22" Corsair 550W 
Case
Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by legendor View Post
I think you are buying from newegg right? Well, you should.
Yes.
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mister View Post
Yes.
Can you tell me your budget? I'll help you cut down prices if I could.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.20GHz (lapped) DFI Lanparty DK P35-T2RS MSI 8800 GTS 512MB G.SKILL 2(2 X 2GB) Dual Ch. 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Seagate 7200rpm 250GB Vista Home Premium 64-bit Acer 22" Corsair 550W 
Case
Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.20GHz (lapped) DFI Lanparty DK P35-T2RS MSI 8800 GTS 512MB G.SKILL 2(2 X 2GB) Dual Ch. 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Seagate 7200rpm 250GB Vista Home Premium 64-bit Acer 22" Corsair 550W 
Case
Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Graphics Cards - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › Is this a good PC setup?