Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › So I want a 24" monitor.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

So I want a 24" monitor. - Page 5

post #41 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post
Yeah, except there are no quantitative reviews on that monitor either so your word is just your word. And it's not like that's the only monitor to have an HDMI port.
One of 3 that I can see on newegg. 1 a crappy gateway, another a BenQ which might be as good, and the acer. For 24" that has both DVI-D and HDMI.

Plus there are a lot of reviews on the Acer. Just google it. I did and got a crap load of reviews.
Lantia
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 3.0Ghz 1.285v ABIT IP35 Pro EVGA GTX280 SC / Hauppauge HVR 1800 8 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x WD SE16 500GB Asus DVD-RW 1814BLT & LG GGC-H20L BR/HD-DVD Vista Ultimate x64 SP 1 Acer P221W 22" & Acer AL2216 22" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Reclussa Rosewill RX750-D-B NZXT Zero Logitech G7 
Mouse Pad
XTRAC RIPPER XL & XTRAC X-Trac D-Gel Wrist Rest 
  hide details  
Reply
Lantia
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 3.0Ghz 1.285v ABIT IP35 Pro EVGA GTX280 SC / Hauppauge HVR 1800 8 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x WD SE16 500GB Asus DVD-RW 1814BLT & LG GGC-H20L BR/HD-DVD Vista Ultimate x64 SP 1 Acer P221W 22" & Acer AL2216 22" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Reclussa Rosewill RX750-D-B NZXT Zero Logitech G7 
Mouse Pad
XTRAC RIPPER XL & XTRAC X-Trac D-Gel Wrist Rest 
  hide details  
Reply
post #42 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSpock2002 View Post
One of 3 that I can see on newegg. 1 a crappy gateway, another a BenQ which might be as good, and the acer. For 24" that has both DVI-D and HDMI.

Plus there are a lot of reviews on the Acer. Just google it. I did and got a crap load of reviews.
You clearly did not read my post carefully then, because I asked for reviews with testing numbers. There is a distinction. Someone else's opinion on what looks good is no more valuable than yours or mine. You cannot say "this monitor cannot be beat" and not provide supporting evidence. If it were so easy to find such reviews then you should have posted them.
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #43 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post
You clearly did not read my post carefully then, because I asked for reviews with testing numbers. There is a distinction. Someone else's opinion on what looks good is no more valuable than yours or mine. You cannot say "this monitor cannot be beat" and not provide supporting evidence. If it were so easy to find such reviews then you should have posted them.
I know it's not hard science, but the Acer uses the same panel as the Samsung 2493HM and 245B. Going on the assumption that the panel will perform similarly across vendors, the color accuracy will be worse then even the Gateway. Here is the review of the 2493.

Though, I'm not sure why color accuracy is even an issue when dealing with a TN panel. In choosing a TN, you've already given up color accuracy in favor of price and speed (input lag/ghosting). I suppose there are always those trying to find the most accurate TN for a given price...but over the past few months, I've found *VA panels (that should at least theoretically be more accurate) that cost less than TN (at least the ones linked in this thread).
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3800x2 DFI NF4 SLI-D HD4850 2gb GSkill ZX 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
6+TB of insanity XP Pro L2410NM + DYLM24D6 Corsair 750TX 
CaseMouse
Rocketfish MX 510 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3800x2 DFI NF4 SLI-D HD4850 2gb GSkill ZX 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
6+TB of insanity XP Pro L2410NM + DYLM24D6 Corsair 750TX 
CaseMouse
Rocketfish MX 510 
  hide details  
Reply
post #44 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by heretic View Post
I know it's not hard science, but the Acer uses the same panel as the Samsung 2493HM and 245B. Going on the assumption that the panel will perform similarly across vendors, the color accuracy will be worse then even the Gateway. Here is the review of the 2493.

Though, I'm not sure why color accuracy is even an issue when dealing with a TN panel. In choosing a TN, you've already given up color accuracy in favor of price and speed (input lag/ghosting). I suppose there are always those trying to find the most accurate TN for a given price...but over the past few months, I've found *VA panels (that should at least theoretically be more accurate) that cost less than TN (at least the ones linked in this thread).
You sacrifice color gamut coverage by using a TN panel, not necessarily color accuracy from what I've seen. It is hard to beat the color accuracy of the 2493HM out of the box - even Dell's 2408WFP barely beats it.

Where did you get the information regarding which panel is used by Acer? Also, when you say they are using the same panel, do you mean the same processing and everything else that goes on in the background is the same? Because if not, simply stating that the panels are the same only gives you the potential for them to be the same; it does not necessarily mean that they are - at least out of the box (which is the most important aspect for the majority of us).
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #45 of 46
I used http://lcdtech.no-ip.info/en/data/lc...n.monitors.htm to get the panel info (there are a few other sites, but I had that one handy) and I literally meant they have the same panels inside, not the same processing, etc. That's why I made the assumption that they'll perform similarly, but not exactly the same. It may be a somewhat large assumption, but without any decent reviews it's the best I can do. I didn't take into consideration the out-of-the-box experience though and you make a good point there.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3800x2 DFI NF4 SLI-D HD4850 2gb GSkill ZX 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
6+TB of insanity XP Pro L2410NM + DYLM24D6 Corsair 750TX 
CaseMouse
Rocketfish MX 510 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3800x2 DFI NF4 SLI-D HD4850 2gb GSkill ZX 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
6+TB of insanity XP Pro L2410NM + DYLM24D6 Corsair 750TX 
CaseMouse
Rocketfish MX 510 
  hide details  
Reply
post #46 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by heretic View Post
I used http://lcdtech.no-ip.info/en/data/lc...n.monitors.htm to get the panel info (there are a few other sites, but I had that one handy) and I literally meant they have the same panels inside, not the same processing, etc. That's why I made the assumption that they'll perform similarly, but not exactly the same. It may be a somewhat large assumption, but without any decent reviews it's the best I can do. I didn't take into consideration the out-of-the-box experience though and you make a good point there.
Very good resource link! Knowing the type of panel will help a lot in finding monitor reviews, but I'm just too paranoid about spending $400-$500 and being disappointed so I would stick with monitors that have been directly reviewed and tested. It doesn't mean unreviewed monitors are bad; I just won't endorse anything for which I don't have the important numbers, and I think it is important to make sure people realize the difference between actual tested numbers and somebody simply claiming that a specific monitor is top notch.
Edited by stargate125645 - 6/25/08 at 12:55pm
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › So I want a 24" monitor.