Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE
Here are some things you need to consider.
1. Position of the router. Just because its Wireless N does not mean you will not drop connections due to poor transmission.
2. Do you have a Cordless phone or Microwave nearby? These are typical items in a house hold that can intefere with a wirelss signal within the 2.4Ghz range.
3. You want to try and place your router in the center of your house hold as this will let Signals spread throughout your house more easily . Having a router in a corner next to a wall will solve nothing.
4. Have you updated the Drivers for your wireless reciever ?
5. No the Router Firmware cannot be interfered with by a Firewall APP such as NOD32. Its also VERY and I mean VERY unlikely there is any kind of corruption or infection on your router.
6. Have you tried removing/Disabling your FW/AV to see if this fixes the problem ?
7. Have you updated your router Firmware?
These are all things you need to consider.
Sorry i took so long to get back here, ive been on leave.
Ill start by saying that this is still occuring and it usually happens overnight, when my family and i go sleep my brother is the one up 1st usually and he jumps on the laptop and the wireless isnt working. Mind you, the router has been on all night, im assuming adsl router/medems arnt meant to be shut off. The connection icon says "Connected with limited connectivity" and its not untill i shut of the modem (restart it), till the wireless will connect properly.
I will answer your points.
1. It is positioned perfectly high up on my desk away from obstacles in a fairly open space.
2. Yes, the cordless phone/microwave are in the kitchen, that is atleast 30-40 feet away though. But the laptop is usually in the lounge with my bro. 15 or so feet away.
3. (same as #1)
4. The laptop uses its stock wireless, its an ACER, is this a problem?
5. Im glad that is cleared up for me =]
6. Yes i have, did not solve the problem.
7. I tried, but it said there is no update needed.
What i would really like to know is why it mostly happens when we 1st wake up and put the laptop on.