Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › P35 to P45 worth it ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

P35 to P45 worth it ?

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
Hmm

So atm the P35-DS3L great board but thinking of going the P45 + a new GPU soon.

You guys think its worth it ?

Or just stick with the P35.

Thanks

Ben
post #2 of 7
if your system is working perfectly fine, probably not.

wait around and some better boards will probably come out, but from P35 to P45 i don't see a good reason if you're not having problems
liger-zero
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
930/920/920/2500k/2500k/x4-640/x4-630/ x58Pro/x58Ext/P6TD/P8P67/P35/A780L/785GM-E51/H55M 5870CFX/GTX260Sli/5870/GTX260-Sli/GTX260/9600/8800 Gskill/Gskill/Gskill/Gskill/Corsair/Corsair/GSkill 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OWC 6G Extreme PRO / Crucial M4 SAMSUNG DVD-RW DL X64 Win 7 | X86 xp pro | OSX | Ubuntu | Backtrack Samsung 23 x 5 
KeyboardPowerCase
Saitek 850TX/MXS600/750TX/750TX/EA500/EA500/EA500/MxS500 700d + Rackmount server chassis 
  hide details  
Reply
liger-zero
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
930/920/920/2500k/2500k/x4-640/x4-630/ x58Pro/x58Ext/P6TD/P8P67/P35/A780L/785GM-E51/H55M 5870CFX/GTX260Sli/5870/GTX260-Sli/GTX260/9600/8800 Gskill/Gskill/Gskill/Gskill/Corsair/Corsair/GSkill 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OWC 6G Extreme PRO / Crucial M4 SAMSUNG DVD-RW DL X64 Win 7 | X86 xp pro | OSX | Ubuntu | Backtrack Samsung 23 x 5 
KeyboardPowerCase
Saitek 850TX/MXS600/750TX/750TX/EA500/EA500/EA500/MxS500 700d + Rackmount server chassis 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by this n00b again View Post
if your system is working perfectly fine, probably not.

wait around and some better boards will probably come out, but from P35 to P45 i don't see a good reason if you're not having problems
But its a P45 zomg

Well im definitely going for a new GPU
post #4 of 7
P45 is rev P35 so no much changes other than pcie2.0. Since the standard P45 boards price are about the same as P35, I would say yes.

http://www.overclock.net/hardware-ne...s-chipset.html
post #5 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by linskingdom View Post
P45 is rev P35 so no much changes other than pcie2.0. Since the standard P45 boards price are about the same as P35, I would say yes.

http://www.overclock.net/hardware-ne...s-chipset.html
Alright!
post #6 of 7
Nice post by Lins . But I wouldn't upgrade if it were me, but then again I have no free cash. Then again, Nehalem is getting closer (although IMO there will be significant delays before a budget/domestic line of CPUs is developed - This opinion is not based on fact).
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeejunky View Post
Nice post by Lins . But I wouldn't upgrade if it were me, but then again I have no free cash. Then again, Nehalem is getting closer (although IMO there will be significant delays before a budget/domestic line of CPUs is developed - This opinion is not based on fact).
Yes. If everything works fine, let it alone.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › P35 to P45 worth it ?