Originally Posted by Fusion Racing
I can change gear quite happily without looking at the RPM... i do it on sound - as it should be done... It can help to drive, but it won't be the real thing as most road cars will be much easier on the clutch...
Sound or feel or both, you get my point though
Just that you shouldn't have to look at the RPM all the time. Maybe at first while you are learning, but it shouldn't become a habit. While on a computer, its kind of hard NOT to make it a habit.
Originally Posted by Jarhead
The car in question will be a Saturn Ion Redline. What I have to do:
1) Not stall it.
2) Get it through every gear on the highway without grinding any
3) Not get us killed in a spectacular crash resulting in a massive fireball
If I fail at any of the above I am on the hook for the drinks wherever we stop and am declared the worlds greatest loser until somebody in my social circle thinks of something even dumber. Yes we were very bored when this was proposed.
Lol! This sounds like a fun bet. I dunno if you need any pointers, but here are a few basic ones just to help you win.
1) Just be sure that you don't let go of the clutch too far while trying to accelerate from rest, and make sure you press it while coming to a complete stop.
2) Just press the clutch all the way BEFORE changing gears and let go afterwards - don't do both at once. Yoy really don't have to press it all the way btw, but if your main goal here is to win the bet then you might as well, just to be safe.
3) If you hit a bump and drop your beer, don't reach down to pick it up