Overclock.net banner

Which Heat sink is best

2K views 32 replies 21 participants last post by  Kopi 
#1 ·
#2 ·
The Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme is the best. But the Vendetta is best out of those.

Check my FAQ for more information. Link in sig, or its at the top of the thread list >_>

#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by XedLos
View Post

Do you guys know if they will fit my case? And is there any possibility of one of these heat sinks damaging my board and cpu becasue how big they are

of course it will fit, you can only break something if you put it on wrong (i learned the hard way sigh
)

#6 ·
IFX-14 is the best, followed by the TRUE. None of them will break a mobo because that would defeat the purpose quite a bit. The TRUE fits on 99% of boards, the 1% being that a NB cooler is too high (~5-6cm). Then there's the IFX-14, which is a whole other story. Think of it as two TRUE's together, so you will have to check the exact measurements of it and your case to find out.

#7 ·
I'm sold on Noctua at the moment - both the NH-U12P and NH-C12P look awesome, have tested as being easily on par with other top-end contenders, and they're damn near silent even at full speed (and you can change the fans if you want anyway). Don't balk too much at the price - the fan that comes with those coolers retails for $20 by itself.

That being said, I no longer recommend CPU coolers with proprietary fans (except certain budget models that I know are decent like the Freezer 7 Pro), since they can often be too loud or underpowered, require replacing the entire cooler when they fail, and are just generally too annoying for me to bother with any longer.

#8 ·
I agree with 'RayvinAzn', I'm getting the Noctua NH-C12P.

(Scroll Down this page to see results) http://www.dragonsteelmods.com/index...1&limitstart=5
It's great because of its downdraft style cooling (cools mobo too, this does mean you need a few fans to pull air out of case, eg front intake, rear exhaust) and low profile, which allows it to fit into most cases.
H: 11.4cm W: 12.6cm D: 15.2cm With a 120mm NF-S12B fan.

Looks like an awesome cooler, Enjoy
(I know i will
)

#12 ·
The OCZ and the Tuniq (...there is some kind of echo in here
)

Note: Afaik, the OCZ is a push-pin mounting system (
). I believe that you will be able to get a bolt-mounting kit for it which is advisable as push-pin mounting may be problematic and a complete pain.

#14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrienspawn
View Post

IFX-14 is the best, followed by the TRUE. None of them will break a mobo because that would defeat the purpose quite a bit. The TRUE fits on 99% of boards, the 1% being that a NB cooler is too high (~5-6cm). Then there's the IFX-14, which is a whole other story. Think of it as two TRUE's together, so you will have to check the exact measurements of it and your case to find out.

The IFX-14 IMHO is a great cooler and was tighr but fits in a Cosmos with a 780I

#15 ·
OCZ & The Tuniq are both very well on that list and are pretty cheap to boot.

#17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by orbiter
View Post

Xigmatek S1283 does very well....

http://www.frostytech.com/articlevie...id=2271&page=5

Seconded. I love my HDT-S1283. It's an amazing cooler for the price. It performs better than the Scythe Mugen I used to have which was twice as big as the HDT-S1283. Also, the Thermalright Bolt-thru kit works well with the S1283, though I've heard talk that if you email Xigmatek, they'll send you their bolt kit free of charge.

#19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrienspawn View Post
I'd say the IFX-14 is more like two TR Ultra 120 (Non eXtreme) due to the lack of several heatpipes.

#21 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by FusionFX
View Post

I'd say the IFX-14 is more like two TR Ultra 120 (Non eXtreme) due to the lack of several heatpipes.

The IFX-14 ALSO has the H/S for the back side.

#22 ·
Quote:

whoah...we got same case, mobo, and CPU!!!

What temps are you getting?

Also, does it look like you have space for the OCZ XTC on the RAM?
I've had this running since about 10AM today and fight now I at

41* for the CPU
37* for the system
54* for the GPU's

I do have ALOT of nonstock fans. What fans do you have on your H/S?

#23 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Bomber
View Post

I've had this running since about 10AM today and fight now I at

41* for the CPU
37* for the system
54* for the GPU's

I do have ALOT of nonstock fans. What fans do you have on your H/S?

One Ultra-Kaze 3000, as well as the lil enzo-mod and a lap. Mine's been on since 9-10AM, and its now at....33 33 28 30. Oh and all fans are undervolted between 7-9V for noise reasons...What are your ambient temps? Mine hover between 21-24 depending on the time of day.

#24 ·
Quote:

One Ultra-Kaze 3000, as ell as the lil eenzo-mod and a lap. Mine's been on since 9-10AM, and its now at....33 33 28 30. Oh and all fans are undervolted between 7-9V for noise reasons...What are your ambient temps? Mine hover between 21-24 depending on the time of day.
I'm at 37* as of right now

#26 ·
Is the Ultra Kaze 3000 pretty loud? A fan going at 3000rpm is sure to make a lot of noise unless you undervolt it.

I am thinking about getting an Ultra Kaze 3000 with a TRUE to cool my Q6600. Would it be ok to keep it at 3000 rpm or would it be smart to undervolt it? I guess i would only need to undervolt it if it was too loud right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.