Originally Posted by marsey99
i will start with that 1 once this wu has finished
anybody using it see any performance gains?
I installed it last night. I had to because I kept getting the EUE error. The new beta 8 should not change much.
6.12 Beta 7...
* Fixed nVidia FX/NVS detection
6.12 Beta 8...
* Support cpu affinity by default, this is related to an nVidia problem and awaits core-side changes.
* Fix saving of proxy settings.
* Add additional parameters field in advanced preferences - no more shortcut editing!!!
* UNSTABLE_MACHINE count reset after a correctly finished WU, for long-running systems
* Open configuration dialog box when invalid settings detected
* Changes to advanced configuration panel
This will NOT fix problems related to cores of course, like the viewer problems, nVidia desktop lag/lockups, etc.
Installation notes: You must uninstall the previous version before installing this version.
The main function that I needed for my machine was the EUE reset after complete WU's. Over the past week, I have been getting an average of 24 hours of GPU folding before the client would lock up for 24 hours (still active but not fetching any new WU's). I have seen no performance gains via FAHMon although it has only been running for about 6 hours. At the least, I have not seen a decrease in performance.