Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [hardocp] Is the Internet Making Us Stupid?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[hardocp] Is the Internet Making Us Stupid? - Page 11

post #101 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post
Nothing I said was personal. He took it upon himself to make it personal and became a hypocrite in the process. Where does your metahpor fit?
It doesn't have to be personal, but if you're asking how it applies to you I'll go ahead and answer. You have a tendency to pop into a thread and spout off decidedly unintelligent comments, you are one of the last people who should be making comments on others intelligence.

I always try to live by Mark Twains words, "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k ASRock Z77 Extreme6 EVGA GTX 980ti Superclock 4x4GB Samsung 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD840 2xMaxtor 200gb RAID0 Customer water cooling with '77 Bonneville rad Windows 10 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" Korean 1440p Razor mechanical Corsair TH850W CM Stacker 810 
MouseMouse Pad
Razor Lachesis generic 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k ASRock Z77 Extreme6 EVGA GTX 980ti Superclock 4x4GB Samsung 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD840 2xMaxtor 200gb RAID0 Customer water cooling with '77 Bonneville rad Windows 10 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" Korean 1440p Razor mechanical Corsair TH850W CM Stacker 810 
MouseMouse Pad
Razor Lachesis generic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #102 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urufu_Shinjiro View Post
It doesn't have to be personal, but if you're asking how it applies to you I'll go ahead and answer. You have a tendency to pop into a thread and spout off decidedly unintelligent comments, you are one of the last people who should be making comments on others intelligence.

I always try to live by Mark Twains words, "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".
Haha, I don't quite think you understand what "intelligent" means, as ironic as that sounds. The sad thing is that I never resorted to character insults first (and empty ones at that), but now both of you have.
Edited by stargate125645 - 6/24/08 at 8:04am
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #103 of 115
So we're back to your old pattern of "I'm right and you're wrong and the more I post it the truer it gets"? You didn't have to single anyone out, you posted a general flame at the posters of the thread that they shouldn't make comments about intelligence if they can't spell as good as you, and I don't think you had a position to make such a statement any more than anyone else.
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k ASRock Z77 Extreme6 EVGA GTX 980ti Superclock 4x4GB Samsung 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD840 2xMaxtor 200gb RAID0 Customer water cooling with '77 Bonneville rad Windows 10 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" Korean 1440p Razor mechanical Corsair TH850W CM Stacker 810 
MouseMouse Pad
Razor Lachesis generic 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k ASRock Z77 Extreme6 EVGA GTX 980ti Superclock 4x4GB Samsung 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD840 2xMaxtor 200gb RAID0 Customer water cooling with '77 Bonneville rad Windows 10 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" Korean 1440p Razor mechanical Corsair TH850W CM Stacker 810 
MouseMouse Pad
Razor Lachesis generic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #104 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urufu_Shinjiro View Post
So we're back to your old pattern of "I'm right and you're wrong and the more I post it the truer it gets"? You didn't have to single anyone out, you posted a general flame at the posters of the thread that they shouldn't make comments about intelligence if they can't spell as good as you, and I don't think you had a position to make such a statement any more than anyone else.
What you just said here and what you said in the previous post are two completely different things, so if you want to make generalizing statements about intelligence then you should be consistent with your stance - especially when your stance is presented with an unwarranted character attack. Your previous post was just wrong. You only have yourself to blame for that. It's not my fault you can't defend your position, so blaming me for it does nothing, regardless of how you present it with "I'm right and you're wrong and the more I post it the truer it gets" or some other equally blatantly presumptuous statement.

I do have a position to make such a statement because I try to avoid making those mistakes, and I do for the most part. Anyone has the position to make such comments if they take the time to correct their mistakes before posting. We are talking about simple mistakes here, not typos, mind you. Everyone has typos. "You're" versus "your" and "there" versus "they're" versus "their," etc. Those are basic language skills, and mistakes that you don't make very often if you know the difference. If you want to criticize me then go ahead, but blanket statements and assumptions are just going to make your stance even less credible.
Edited by stargate125645 - 6/24/08 at 8:42am
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #105 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post
Now you're just pulling reasons out of your rear
O rly?. and you still dignify it with a response, that leads me to believe its more than just that. nice going, you just can't help yourself can you?, you're so conceited you can't admit your wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post
Nothing I said was personal. He took it upon himself to make it personal and became a hypocrite in the process.
You completely missed my point. and i gotta admit, i'm surprised. it's a personal issue regardless, it goes without saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645
and it only served to make a fool of you and was far from a show of knowledge on your part (which wasn't what I was doing anyway).
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645
The simple fact that I neither singled anybody out nor baited a response about a controversial subject means I wasn't trolling....
....

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645
For starters, I not only spelled "criticizing" correctly, but you clearly didn't proofread your post.
....ive got to ask: did you proofread your post?. again you fail to see my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645
This has nothing to do with an ego boost; this has to do with people calling others stupid without being entirely competent in something as basic as their own language.
I made my point rather clear. pity you never understood it. i don't recall any l33t speek. so whats your problem?, your just nitpicking.

People's language skills vary, perhaps when you get over yourself, you'll get over that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645
What's annoying is people like you who don't have the decency and respect of others to write properly.
i know people who write far worse than me, does that make them disrespectful??. you can't be serious. sorry to break it to you; but respect is earned and is not based entirely by the way you type.

Quote:
Lastly, learn the roots of your own language before criticizing American English.
Take your own advice and next time remember that before you decide derailing a thread with the "ur englash sukz" card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post
Anyone has the position to make such comments if they take the time to correct their mistakes before posting.
Heh, not everyone has the same level of knowledge on the subject, how can people correct things they do not know of?.

And if you really can't control yourself: at least do the polite thing and privately PM them. and you say I'm disrespectful!, lol. spend some time reflecting on yourself; you'll become a better person in the process.
post #106 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingamajig View Post
O rly?. and you still dignify it with a response, that leads me to believe its more than just that. nice going, you just can't help yourself can you?, you're so conceited you can't admit your wrong.



You completely missed my point. and i gotta admit, i'm surprised. it's a personal issue regardless, it goes without saying.





....



....ive got to ask: did you proofread your post?. again you fail to see my point.



I made my point rather clear. pity you never understood it. i don't recall any l33t speek. so whats your problem?, your just nitpicking.

People's language skills vary, perhaps when you get over yourself, you'll get over that.



i know people who write far worse than me, does that make them disrespectful??. you can't be serious. sorry to break it to you; but respect is earned and is not based entirely by the way you type.



Take your own advice and next time remember that before you decide derailing a thread with the "ur englash sukz" card.



Heh, not everyone has the same level of knowledge on the subject, how can people correct things they do not know of?.

And if you really can't control yourself: at least do the polite thing and privately PM them. and you say I'm disrespectful!, lol. spend some time reflecting on yourself; you'll become a better person in the process.
I say you are pulling argument out of your rear now because you are making gross, unwarranted assumptions and doing it repeatedly while waving your hands to distract from teh fact that you are doing this. What did I say that was wrong? The English argument is entirely related to this thread. The same level of knowledge? It's basic English! No excuse. Try taking your own advice instead of acting innocent.
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #107 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post
What did I say that was wrong?
...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urufu_Shinjiro View Post
you posted a general flame at the posters of the thread that they shouldn't make comments about intelligence if they can't spell as good as you, and I don't think you had a position to make such a statement any more than anyone else.
post #108 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post
What you just said here and what you said in the previous post are two completely different things, so if you want to make generalizing statements about intelligence then you should be consistent with your stance - especially when your stance is presented with an unwarranted character attack. Your previous post was just wrong. You only have yourself to blame for that. It's not my fault you can't defend your position, so blaming me for it does nothing, regardless of how you present it with "I'm right and you're wrong and the more I post it the truer it gets" or some other equally blatantly presumptuous statement.

I do have a position to make such a statement because I try to avoid making those mistakes, and I do for the most part. Anyone has the position to make such comments if they take the time to correct their mistakes before posting. We are talking about simple mistakes here, not typos, mind you. Everyone has typos. "You're" versus "your" and "there" versus "they're" versus "their," etc. Those are basic language skills, and mistakes that you don't make very often if you know the difference. If you want to criticize me then go ahead, but blanket statements and assumptions are just going to make your stance even less credible.
You're making an incorrect assumption, you are equating spelling and grammar with intelligence and you couldn't be further off. I don't care how well you spell or how perfect your grammar is, if what you're saying is ignorant tripe it doesn't matter how well you say it. If you make a comment diparaging others intelligence based on spelling and grammar do not act surpised if your intelligence is called into question.

And as for no excuse about basic english, yes there is, some of us are dyslexic, a-hole.
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k ASRock Z77 Extreme6 EVGA GTX 980ti Superclock 4x4GB Samsung 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD840 2xMaxtor 200gb RAID0 Customer water cooling with '77 Bonneville rad Windows 10 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" Korean 1440p Razor mechanical Corsair TH850W CM Stacker 810 
MouseMouse Pad
Razor Lachesis generic 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k ASRock Z77 Extreme6 EVGA GTX 980ti Superclock 4x4GB Samsung 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD840 2xMaxtor 200gb RAID0 Customer water cooling with '77 Bonneville rad Windows 10 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" Korean 1440p Razor mechanical Corsair TH850W CM Stacker 810 
MouseMouse Pad
Razor Lachesis generic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #109 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE View Post
I beleive this statement is true. Not only that but I have evidence for this.

The word ''FAIL''

FAIL this , FAIL that , Epic FAIL, Your so FAIL.

Its like now the human brain can only process so much and then it just gets a BSOD and the word FAIL pops in.

However anyway I do think that you do tend to skip over contents rather than read all of it sometimes.
lol, phail.
Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Sapphire 5870 Cypress XT EF6 2GB 4GB (2x2GB) G.SKILL 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
32GB Corsair SSD + 2x 320 + 1x 250 Lightscribe drive Windows 7 Ultimate Hanns-G HG-216DPO 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard OCZ GameXStream 850W HAF 932 Logitech G5 Laser Gaming Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Allsop 
  hide details  
Reply
Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Sapphire 5870 Cypress XT EF6 2GB 4GB (2x2GB) G.SKILL 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
32GB Corsair SSD + 2x 320 + 1x 250 Lightscribe drive Windows 7 Ultimate Hanns-G HG-216DPO 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard OCZ GameXStream 850W HAF 932 Logitech G5 Laser Gaming Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Allsop 
  hide details  
Reply
post #110 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urufu_Shinjiro View Post
I always try to live by Mark Twains words, "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".
Lol. sadly, actions speak louder than words.

except online, of course .
Edited by Thingamajig - 6/26/08 at 10:15am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Software News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [hardocp] Is the Internet Making Us Stupid?