Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [hardocp] Is the Internet Making Us Stupid?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[hardocp] Is the Internet Making Us Stupid? - Page 10

post #91 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE View Post
I beleive this statement is true. Not only that but I have evidence for this.

The word ''FAIL''

FAIL this , FAIL that , Epic FAIL, Your so FAIL.

Its like now the human brain can only process so much and then it just gets a BSOD and the word FAIL pops in.

However anyway I do think that you do tend to skip over contents rather than read all of it sometimes.
When my brain gets a BSOD the word "Phail" pops up in my head .
HAL
(12 items)
 
Plain Jane
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 4670K Asrock Z87E-ITX Sapphire 380x Nitro G.Skill Trident X 2400 2x4GB CL10 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
840 EVO 250GB 1TB WD Black Noctua NH-U14S Windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Benq XL2420TE Corsair K65 Silverstone 550w Platinum Node 304 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E7500 @ 3.6 EP45-UD3P HIS 7770 4GB 1100 G.Skill PI's 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 320GB , 1TB WD Black ASUS 24X  Windows 7 64bit Samsung 204 BW 20" 1680 x 1050 
PowerCase
Seasonic X-560 Lian Li PC-9F 
  hide details  
Reply
HAL
(12 items)
 
Plain Jane
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 4670K Asrock Z87E-ITX Sapphire 380x Nitro G.Skill Trident X 2400 2x4GB CL10 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
840 EVO 250GB 1TB WD Black Noctua NH-U14S Windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Benq XL2420TE Corsair K65 Silverstone 550w Platinum Node 304 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E7500 @ 3.6 EP45-UD3P HIS 7770 4GB 1100 G.Skill PI's 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 320GB , 1TB WD Black ASUS 24X  Windows 7 64bit Samsung 204 BW 20" 1680 x 1050 
PowerCase
Seasonic X-560 Lian Li PC-9F 
  hide details  
Reply
post #92 of 115
You would think people would check their spelling and grammar before posting in a thread like this - especially when criticizing others' stupidity. But nope.

(I could quote dozens of people from this thread, including moderators; however, I shall refrain from doing so in order to avoid infractions...)
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #93 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post
You would think people would check their spelling and grammar before posting in a thread like this - especially when criticizing others' stupidity. But nope.

(I could quote dozens of people from this thread, including moderators; however, I shall refrain from doing so in order to avoid infractions...)
Stargate125645 - Learn to count to 10 properly before going off about grammar
post #94 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuck1914 View Post
Stargate125645 - Learn to count to 10 properly before going off about grammar
Clever... Actually, there is significance behind the numbers after the name, but I digress. A lack of parental control is what is making society stupid. Common sense will be able to tell you if what you see on the internet is believable, but common sense is a rare commodity anymore.
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #95 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE View Post
Well think of it this way.

'' You are what you eat ''. Well I think the same can happen if you take all the wrong kinds of thing into your head. For instance if you keep seeing internet slang or a mispelled word alot then over time you can replicate that problem.

Its like TXT talk. I can change between the two. However there have been times when I have accidently merged into TXT talk on a test paper lol. No kidding.
Well that's you, but I have never done such a thing, and I have been using the internet for 10 years now. And I have a cellphone, which I txt on quite a bit (during the school year). So you're theory is disproved.
The internet does not make people stupid.

It makes them lazy. Pure and simple.
People use words like FAIL, not because they can't come up with an argument, but because they are too lazy and that word has come to be known as something that encompasses an explanation, meaning that the person disagrees with the topic at hand.

It's not hard to see the difference. People just have a thousand more metaphors, that's all.
New Rig 2/14/08
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
e6400 GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L Radeon HD3850 512mb 2x1gig G.Skill 6400 
Hard DriveMonitorPower
WD 160gig Acer 22" Ws Sunbeam 550w 
  hide details  
Reply
New Rig 2/14/08
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
e6400 GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L Radeon HD3850 512mb 2x1gig G.Skill 6400 
Hard DriveMonitorPower
WD 160gig Acer 22" Ws Sunbeam 550w 
  hide details  
Reply
post #96 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by majin death View Post
I disagree, the internet has done quite the contrary for me, then again I'm always researching something or another, and I did start off with above average-genius level intellect.
Same here, I'm always using the internet to find out something that I didn't know before. I've learned a ton of new stuff over the past few years and the only thing that made it possible was the internet.
For your health!
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k @ 4.5 Gigabyte Z77x-UD5H MSI 980TI 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial M550 256GB OS Micron M550 1TB Samsung 1TB TRUE 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 64-bit Dell S2716DG Corsair K70 EVGA 850w P2 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec Twelve Hundred Logitech G502 X-Fi XtremeMusic 
  hide details  
Reply
For your health!
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k @ 4.5 Gigabyte Z77x-UD5H MSI 980TI 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial M550 256GB OS Micron M550 1TB Samsung 1TB TRUE 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 64-bit Dell S2716DG Corsair K70 EVGA 850w P2 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec Twelve Hundred Logitech G502 X-Fi XtremeMusic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #97 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post
You would think people would check their spelling and grammar before posting in a thread like this - especially when criticizing others' stupidity. But nope.
HAHA. coming from a yank - oh the irony. you can't expect the better people of these forums to take this bs seriously, especially the british.

It's criticising.

where's the capital S in your nickname?!?.

See?, i can be pedantic too. notice at how cheap a shot it is?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645
(I could quote dozens of people from this thread, including moderators; however, I shall refrain from doing so in order to avoid infractions...)
In all your infinite wisdom can't you see why?. your getting an ego boost at other's expense, not only is it selfish but its downright bloody annoying.

i thought the moderators exterminated all the spelling/grammar trolls like you. obviously not. i'm disappointed.
Edited by Thingamajig - 6/24/08 at 6:45am
post #98 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingamajig View Post
HAHA. coming from a yank - oh the irony. you can't expect the better people of these forums to take this bs seriously, especially the british.

It's criticising.

where's the capital S in your nickname?!?.

See?, i can be pedantic too. notice at how cheap a shot it is?.



In all your infinite wisdom can't you see why?. your getting an ego boost at other's expense, not only is it selfish but its downright bloody annoying.

i thought the moderators exterminated all the spelling/grammar trolls like you. obviously not. i'm disappointed.
Now you're just pulling reasons out of your rear, and it only served to make a fool of you and was far from a show of knowledge on your part (which wasn't what I was doing anyway). For starters, I not only spelled "criticizing" correctly, but you clearly didn't proofread your post. This has nothing to do with an ego boost; this has to do with people calling others stupid without being entirely competent in something as basic as their own language. You went with the cheap shots, as I never singled anyone out purposely. And even if I were to spend the 5 minutes fixing the mistakes in your post it wouldn't be a cheap shot. What's annoying is people like you who don't have the decency and respect of others to write properly. The simple fact that I neither singled anybody out nor baited a response about a controversial subject means I wasn't trolling. The fact that you did both of those means you were. Lastly, learn the roots of your own language before criticizing American English.
Edited by stargate125645 - 6/24/08 at 7:36am
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #99 of 115
Remember people, those who live in glass houses should not throw stones. This means you too stargate.
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k ASRock Z77 Extreme6 EVGA GTX 980ti Superclock 4x4GB Samsung 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD840 2xMaxtor 200gb RAID0 Customer water cooling with '77 Bonneville rad Windows 10 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" Korean 1440p Razor mechanical Corsair TH850W CM Stacker 810 
MouseMouse Pad
Razor Lachesis generic 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k ASRock Z77 Extreme6 EVGA GTX 980ti Superclock 4x4GB Samsung 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD840 2xMaxtor 200gb RAID0 Customer water cooling with '77 Bonneville rad Windows 10 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" Korean 1440p Razor mechanical Corsair TH850W CM Stacker 810 
MouseMouse Pad
Razor Lachesis generic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #100 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urufu_Shinjiro View Post
Remember people, those who live in glass houses should not throw stones. This means you too stargate.
Nothing I said was personal. He took it upon himself to make it personal and became a hypocrite in the process. Where does your metahpor fit?
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Software News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [hardocp] Is the Internet Making Us Stupid?