Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Kotaku] RV770 = 1 trillion FLOPS!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Kotaku] RV770 = 1 trillion FLOPS! - Page 4

post #31 of 66
Lol k.
It's Disturbing
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670k ASrock Z87 Killer eVGA GTX 980Ti SC+ 6GB G.Skill Ares Series 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro LITE-ON SATA 20x DVD-RW Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 55" HDTV Crossover 2795QHD Logitech Wave EVGA 850 GQ 
CaseMouse
NZXT Tempest 210 Black Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
It's Disturbing
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670k ASrock Z87 Killer eVGA GTX 980Ti SC+ 6GB G.Skill Ares Series 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro LITE-ON SATA 20x DVD-RW Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 55" HDTV Crossover 2795QHD Logitech Wave EVGA 850 GQ 
CaseMouse
NZXT Tempest 210 Black Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
post #32 of 66
Umm...

Dude...

9600GT
8800GT
8800GTX [By a teeny bit]
9800GTX [By a teeny bit]
ATI 4850 Stalking the GTX 260
GTX 260
GTX 280
9800 GX2

The 9600GT is pretty much an entry level card into the world of high performance
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X2 5000+ Gigabyte nForce 550 EVGA 8800GT @SSC 2GB OCZ DDR800 Shiny 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Maxtor Tractor 200GB XP Maaate 19" LG LCD Flatron ^^ Umm...Aspire? [550w] 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X2 5000+ Gigabyte nForce 550 EVGA 8800GT @SSC 2GB OCZ DDR800 Shiny 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Maxtor Tractor 200GB XP Maaate 19" LG LCD Flatron ^^ Umm...Aspire? [550w] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #33 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtdisturbed47 View Post
Yeah, all 800 stream processors, GDDR-5, and a GPU capable of 1 trillion FLOPS won't save any ATI video card. They still get smashed by nVidia's 2-year-old video cards.
Well that statement is completely incorrect. I am not sure how you came close to that conclusion.

Anyway from alot of the benchmarks the 4850 really gives the 8800GT a run for its money. The 4870 and X2 are going to be very impressive cards and Nvidia really have some good competition here...Thus why I think they are dropping there prices alot because they know they will have to, to look appealing still.
post #34 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtdisturbed47 View Post
Lol sure, says the fanboy with what, 6 rep? You are a real man of intelligence. And yes, I have seen the reviews. A 4850 barely handles a 8800 GT, so I guess it would be fair to GUESS that a 4870 beats a GX2.

I wonder, does your anger come from genuine concern about the legitimacy of my claims or do you find it aggravating that ATI is still, well, below nVidia in terms of performance. Sure, bring in the 4870 or even the 5-series, and still, 6 months from now, nVidia's high-mid range cards will be raping ATI's best. You say that the 4870 is killing the 9800 GTX? Really? Based on what, some no-name Japanese or German forum with a total of 5 registered users? http://forum.donanimhaber.com/m_22869046/tm.htm Ah yeah I'm totally diggin that review, makes me want to disregard everything I have ever said, tear out my video card and bash it with a hammer because ATI wins so hard.

Tell you what. Find me 3 web sites in ENGLISH that have a full review of the 4870 with comparisons to the GX2 and 9800 GTX, and I will not only give you a rep+, but I will quit the forums, leave my job, divorce my wife, and burn my house down.
So, the 4850 scores I've seen have definitely made it in par with the 9800gtx, heck, have you seen the price drop mentioned? If most reviews show the 4850 on a standard system do 37 average fps on 1920x1200 (very high settings) on Crysis is very similar to whoever else is getting with a 9800GTX.

Have you seen the low performance increases over the years from Nvidia's tech team? Crysis still can't be played on max settings with a constant 50-70 frame rate at high resolutions. It beat what Nvidia and ATi had for the past 3 generations of cards. However, it does seem that the 4*** series is looking pretty good compared to their last 3***, with a performance increase of about 40-50 percent, about 10 percent over their X2. And then look at Nvidia, whoa, they successfully made a single card with 1 core that can match their GX2? Amazing! So ATi's mid-range card is capable of beating their last generation high-end, but Nvidia's high-end card can just keep up with their last generation high-end.

Anyways, before you go bashing down on ATi products are crap, at least look at their potential gain this summer over cards sold, look at the performance increase, look at the price to performance ratio, look at the driver teams.....it seems that 2x 4850 significantly beats the 280, and you still save 100 bucks, at least. So, as you can see, ATi would do good this summer, in the budget to high-end gaming spectrum (and not the very-high end market), making them gain in the market and start producing the higher end cards (still cheaper than Nvidia).

So, this summer, the majority of cards sold are more likely going to be the 4850 (heck, not many people have the high-end 8 series, the 3 series, even the 9 series, majority of people are still in the budget line and the 4850 looks to be the perfect upgrade to most gamers).
post #35 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtdisturbed47 View Post
Let's just keep it at "ATI beats nVidia, in the mid-range. Sometimes". Either way, it doesn't matter if ATI's best might beat a 9800 GTX (in speculation, and based on some reviews that came from some forum based in Siberia), it's also the fact that just about all of the 9-series cards are rehashes of the G92, including the GX2, so when ATI comes close, nVidia just grabs their current stuff and adds a little to it.

Yeah, I totally understand the 13k in 3DMark06 with the $200 4850 vs the cheap $140 9600 GT getting 12.5k. Definitely worth the extra $60, in my opinion. Price/performance at its best.
lol the only reason you get 12.5 k in 3d06 IMHO would be your cpu score
Ill bet .
Also even when the mighty 8800gtx and ultras reigned the top 3 spots on 06 were 2900's so Im not sure what exactly your talking about. These new ati chips destroy that tech, and the 4870 will be epic
GeN xXx
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k MSI Z68A-GD65b3 Zotac GTX 570 Patriot 25yr DDR3 8-8-8-24-38 @1600 1.65v 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
SONY SATA DL/DVD +- Win 7 64bit 21.6" 1080p Corsair GS700 
Case
Xigmatek Pantheon 
  hide details  
Reply
GeN xXx
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k MSI Z68A-GD65b3 Zotac GTX 570 Patriot 25yr DDR3 8-8-8-24-38 @1600 1.65v 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
SONY SATA DL/DVD +- Win 7 64bit 21.6" 1080p Corsair GS700 
Case
Xigmatek Pantheon 
  hide details  
Reply
post #36 of 66
Nvidia is a company built on selling massively overpriced gimmicks, much like Apple
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X2 5000+ Gigabyte nForce 550 EVGA 8800GT @SSC 2GB OCZ DDR800 Shiny 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Maxtor Tractor 200GB XP Maaate 19" LG LCD Flatron ^^ Umm...Aspire? [550w] 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X2 5000+ Gigabyte nForce 550 EVGA 8800GT @SSC 2GB OCZ DDR800 Shiny 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Maxtor Tractor 200GB XP Maaate 19" LG LCD Flatron ^^ Umm...Aspire? [550w] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #37 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by . // Fixion View Post
Nvidia is a company built on selling massively overpriced gimmicks, much like Apple

not really. gems like the 9600GT and 8800GT are/were priced perfectly. just because ATi finally came out with a better bang for buck product than nvidia for the first time in years doesnt mean nvidias been stealing our money all this time. yes the GTX280 is massivley overpriced. instead of whining about it just dont buy it, prices will defnately come down.

and congratulations to ATi, theyve done exactly what nvidia did with the 9600GT, make a card that performs on par and beats the very best (apart from gtx280/98gx2) of nvidia. they will surely have my $200 this summer, and another $200 later on...now if someone can help me out...
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo P7550 2.26GHz Intel GM45 Chipset GeForce GT240M GT 1GB 2x2GB DDR3-1066 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD 500GB Windows Vista SP1 15.6" LED Backlit Display 6-Cell Li-Ion 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo P7550 2.26GHz Intel GM45 Chipset GeForce GT240M GT 1GB 2x2GB DDR3-1066 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD 500GB Windows Vista SP1 15.6" LED Backlit Display 6-Cell Li-Ion 
  hide details  
Reply
post #38 of 66
The cost to produce the GTX280 is insane. Don't expect the prices to fall much lower than $400-500 for 1/2 a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by . // Fixion View Post
To the person who asked whether it will let him play with 60+FPS

The human eye is unable to see a difference after around 40+FPS

Additional facts...

Movies are played @around 24 FPS - Seems pretty smooth to me

Your monitor has a refresh rate of around 60Hz, so it refreshs the image 60 times a second - it would be physically impossible for even a high speed camera to witness more than 60 frames a second
Not to go too far off topic, but your refresh reasoning works fine for CRT's, because they refresh the whole screen at once. LCDs however refresh only what is moving. That speed is denoted by refresh rate, usually in ms. 2ms means it can refresh 500 times in a second, 5ms means it can refresh 200 times in a second. That's under ideal conditions of course, but LCDs can display higher than 60FPS.
Edited by Mootsfox - 6/20/08 at 10:34am
The Fox Box
(16 items)
 
Macbook Pro
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K ASUS P9X79 ASUS GTX 570 DCII 4 x 4GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz LV 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Intel 330 - 180GB LG HDDVD & Blu Ray Reader Cooler Master Hyper 612 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
HP ZR30w Samsung 2243BWX Ducky! PCP&C 750w Silencer (coppa) 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lian Li PC-E8 G9x S&S Steel Onkyo Receiver/Design Acoustics 2.1 system 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i5 2410M HD 3000 8GB 120GB SSD 
Optical DriveOSOSOS
Super Drive OSX 10.7.2 Win 7 Enterprise (In VB) Ubuntu 10.04 (In VB) 
MonitorPower
13" 1280x800 65w Magsafe 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Q9300 Gigabyte P35 8GB DDR2 2TB WD 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2TB WD 2TB Seagate 1.5TB Seagate 1.5TB Seagate 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
1TB Hitachi 1TB Hitachi 500GB WD DVD-RW 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win Server 2012 Headless/15" touchscreen Apple mini USB PC P&C 500W 
  hide details  
Reply
The Fox Box
(16 items)
 
Macbook Pro
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K ASUS P9X79 ASUS GTX 570 DCII 4 x 4GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz LV 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Intel 330 - 180GB LG HDDVD & Blu Ray Reader Cooler Master Hyper 612 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
HP ZR30w Samsung 2243BWX Ducky! PCP&C 750w Silencer (coppa) 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lian Li PC-E8 G9x S&S Steel Onkyo Receiver/Design Acoustics 2.1 system 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i5 2410M HD 3000 8GB 120GB SSD 
Optical DriveOSOSOS
Super Drive OSX 10.7.2 Win 7 Enterprise (In VB) Ubuntu 10.04 (In VB) 
MonitorPower
13" 1280x800 65w Magsafe 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Q9300 Gigabyte P35 8GB DDR2 2TB WD 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2TB WD 2TB Seagate 1.5TB Seagate 1.5TB Seagate 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
1TB Hitachi 1TB Hitachi 500GB WD DVD-RW 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win Server 2012 Headless/15" touchscreen Apple mini USB PC P&C 500W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #39 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by . // Fixion View Post


To the person who asked whether it will let him play with 60+FPS

The human eye is unable to see a difference after around 40+FPS

Additional facts...

Movies are played @around 24 FPS - Seems pretty smooth to me

yeh but, I still want my OSD displaying 60+ fps! I mean the card has electrolytes!
post #40 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtdisturbed47 View Post
And yes, I have seen the reviews. A 4850 barely handles a 8800 GT,
Lol wut?

4850 > 9800GTX > 8800GTS > 8800GT

It beats the 9800GTX. It pummels the 8800GT
GE60
(13 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsHard DriveOS
Intel Core i5 4200M Geforce GTX760M 750GB WD Scorpio Black Windows 7 Home Premium 
MonitorKeyboardMouseMouse Pad
15.6" CM Quickfire Rapid CM Xornet Steelseries QcK+ 
  hide details  
Reply
GE60
(13 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsHard DriveOS
Intel Core i5 4200M Geforce GTX760M 750GB WD Scorpio Black Windows 7 Home Premium 
MonitorKeyboardMouseMouse Pad
15.6" CM Quickfire Rapid CM Xornet Steelseries QcK+ 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Kotaku] RV770 = 1 trillion FLOPS!