Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › really hating asus right now
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

really hating asus right now

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
i have the m2n32-sli. the frist mobo had a bad pci slot so i rma it. go the new one back and now i cant get my htt past 200mhz. i have tried auto settings and manualing settings. bios 1603,1701,1901,2001 and 2 different ways of updating the bios for each bios to no avail.
just wondering if ocn has any more suggestions?
post #2 of 11
I read that people are having problems with the 2001 bios, but not sure why all the other BIOS versions didn't work. I would say try RMAing it again if possible since it seems to be a board problem.
Mr. Folder
(16 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920@4021Mhz ASUS Rampage II Extreme EVGA GTX560 Ti 448 G.Skill 32 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SATA Western Digital 500 GB Samsung 1TB Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Hanns-G 22" Logitech G105 Corsair 750 watt Lian Li PC-K62 
MouseAudio
Logitech MX1000 Laser Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 G.Skill 16GB DDR4-2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung PM830 256 SSD 3 x WD Black 4TB, 2 x WD Black 2TB CM Hyper 212 Windows 8.1 Pro 
Case
Fractal Design Node 304 
  hide details  
Reply
Mr. Folder
(16 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920@4021Mhz ASUS Rampage II Extreme EVGA GTX560 Ti 448 G.Skill 32 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SATA Western Digital 500 GB Samsung 1TB Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Hanns-G 22" Logitech G105 Corsair 750 watt Lian Li PC-K62 
MouseAudio
Logitech MX1000 Laser Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 G.Skill 16GB DDR4-2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung PM830 256 SSD 3 x WD Black 4TB, 2 x WD Black 2TB CM Hyper 212 Windows 8.1 Pro 
Case
Fractal Design Node 304 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by K092084 View Post
I read that people are having problems with the 2001 bios, but not sure why all the other BIOS versions didn't work. I would say try RMAing it again if possible since it seems to be a board problem.
yeah i contacted asus the girl techy asked me if i thought it was the mobo lol
where i bought it from is looking into the problem just give me a new one already. they know its defective
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobdown View Post
yeah i contacted asus the girl techy asked me if i thought it was the mobo lol
where i bought it from is looking into the problem just give me a new one already. they know its defective
If you know it is dead and have tried everything, tell them that "when ever I start, it freezes before it even enters the BIOS, it just freezes on the POST screen". Mention that you have tried new PSU, CPU, GPU, memory, case, with only the memory, CPU, GPU hooked up etc..
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2D T7100 1.8 ghz (undervolted) ummm... Dell Intel X3100 2 x 1gb 667mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Fujitsu 7200 RPM 120gb CD-RW/DVD dual boot Vista business 1440x900 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2D T7100 1.8 ghz (undervolted) ummm... Dell Intel X3100 2 x 1gb 667mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Fujitsu 7200 RPM 120gb CD-RW/DVD dual boot Vista business 1440x900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 11
I agree with true you should definitely tell them everything that you have tried. Would make their testing a lot easier and might get you a new mobo faster.
I'm Back
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1055T @3.71 Asus M4A785TD-V EVO Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB 16 GB Corsair XMS 3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston V300 SSD Western Digital Caviar Samsung Spinpoint Western Digital Caviar black 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Sony CD DVD R/WR Prolimatech Megahalems  Windows 7 x64 Samsung Smart TV 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Hanns G POS Saitek Eclipse II Corsair 750 TX NZXT Source 210 
Mouse
Logitech G700S 
  hide details  
Reply
I'm Back
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1055T @3.71 Asus M4A785TD-V EVO Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB 16 GB Corsair XMS 3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston V300 SSD Western Digital Caviar Samsung Spinpoint Western Digital Caviar black 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Sony CD DVD R/WR Prolimatech Megahalems  Windows 7 x64 Samsung Smart TV 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Hanns G POS Saitek Eclipse II Corsair 750 TX NZXT Source 210 
Mouse
Logitech G700S 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 11
Just RMA it get a DFI or a Biostar and be done with ASUS like me and so many others.

I think they will send the same broken board out to different customers until someone throws it away for them. Then when you call Tech support all they want to do is be rude and say it's not thier fault, that it was you brand new badass PSU and things like that.

DROP ASUS WHILE YOU STILL CAN !!!
post #7 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueg50 View Post
If you know it is dead and have tried everything, tell them that "when ever I start, it freezes before it even enters the BIOS, it just freezes on the POST screen". Mention that you have tried new PSU, CPU, GPU, memory, case, with only the memory, CPU, GPU hooked up etc..
asus agreed with me its the bios chip
the company i bought it from said they would look into it and get back to me.so I called them back to let them know what asus said so i am getting a new board. but thay dont have any in stock. so i might wait till they get one in to rip the board out. i sold my back up pc on the weekend
i told them all the testing i did and they were gonna look into it. duhh i already did thats why im calling. i love it when people think ur dumb and dont know what you are talking about.



Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyDubbin View Post
I agree with true you should definitely tell them everything that you have tried. Would make their testing a lot easier and might get you a new mobo faster.
oh trust me i have
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpticWaves View Post
Just RMA it get a DFI or a Biostar and be done with ASUS like me and so many others.

I think they will send the same broken board out to different customers until someone throws it away for them. Then when you call Tech support all they want to do is be rude and say it's not thier fault, that it was you brand new badass PSU and things like that.

DROP ASUS WHILE YOU STILL CAN !!!
well i really dont feel like spending money on a new board yet. i want 2 9600 gso 768 and 4 g of ram frist


thanks all
Edited by noobdown - 6/21/08 at 6:20am
post #8 of 11
I just called them yesterday and had no problem getting them to take my board back.
I've got the same problem as noobdown, don't want to spend the money on a new board especially when I need it to have at least 5 SATA ports.
Mr. Folder
(16 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920@4021Mhz ASUS Rampage II Extreme EVGA GTX560 Ti 448 G.Skill 32 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SATA Western Digital 500 GB Samsung 1TB Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Hanns-G 22" Logitech G105 Corsair 750 watt Lian Li PC-K62 
MouseAudio
Logitech MX1000 Laser Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 G.Skill 16GB DDR4-2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung PM830 256 SSD 3 x WD Black 4TB, 2 x WD Black 2TB CM Hyper 212 Windows 8.1 Pro 
Case
Fractal Design Node 304 
  hide details  
Reply
Mr. Folder
(16 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920@4021Mhz ASUS Rampage II Extreme EVGA GTX560 Ti 448 G.Skill 32 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SATA Western Digital 500 GB Samsung 1TB Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Hanns-G 22" Logitech G105 Corsair 750 watt Lian Li PC-K62 
MouseAudio
Logitech MX1000 Laser Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 G.Skill 16GB DDR4-2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung PM830 256 SSD 3 x WD Black 4TB, 2 x WD Black 2TB CM Hyper 212 Windows 8.1 Pro 
Case
Fractal Design Node 304 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by K092084 View Post
I just called them yesterday and had no problem getting them to take my board back.
I've got the same problem as noobdown, don't want to spend the money on a new board especially when I need it to have at least 5 SATA ports.
thats another issue i need 5 sata ports to 3 hd's, 1 dvdwr, and 1 case sata
post #10 of 11
Wow, I must say I am surprised. Asus was always the way to go a few years ago when I started doing my own builds. What caused them to go downhill?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD - General
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › really hating asus right now