Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Wowriot] Age of Conan is growing fast!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Wowriot] Age of Conan is growing fast! - Page 7

post #61 of 69
I dont see how you people have time for these games, with college, work, women I hardly have time to finish one COD4 match before I have to run out I use to play EQII for a long time, but then when I got out of the army I had a-lot less free time... when the country aint feeding you you gotta feed yerself
post #62 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwing View Post
Like I said before if you just started a game and people are already lvl capped, it isn't a good game. IMHO.

I think it's a bad game when your level is the only thing you worry about. Guild Wars has a level cap of 20 and the game doesn't even get started good until you hit it.
New Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 9950 125w @ 3.01ghz ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe XFX 5770 1GB 4GB (2x2GB) Mushkin Redline @ 5-5-5-12 DDR21066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x WD Caviar Black 640gb AALS Samsung SATA DVD Burner Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Acer H233H 23" 1080P Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 v2 Corsair TX750 750w Antec 902 Razer Mamba 
Mouse Pad
fUnc Archetype Surface 1030 
  hide details  
Reply
New Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 9950 125w @ 3.01ghz ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe XFX 5770 1GB 4GB (2x2GB) Mushkin Redline @ 5-5-5-12 DDR21066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x WD Caviar Black 640gb AALS Samsung SATA DVD Burner Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Acer H233H 23" 1080P Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 v2 Corsair TX750 750w Antec 902 Razer Mamba 
Mouse Pad
fUnc Archetype Surface 1030 
  hide details  
Reply
post #63 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spart View Post
I think it's a bad game when your level is the only thing you worry about. Guild Wars has a level cap of 20 and the game doesn't even get started good until you hit it.
then why not just start everybody at lvl 20?
Blitz II
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 MSI P55-GD65 GTX 660Ti 4GB Corsair Dominator 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
600GB (2x300GB Velociraptors RAID0) Windows 10 24" ASUS VW246H Logitech Illuminated 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair 750HX Lian Li Lancool PC-K62 G5/DeathAdder Desk 
Audio
Yamaha H80M + HS10W 
  hide details  
Reply
Blitz II
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 MSI P55-GD65 GTX 660Ti 4GB Corsair Dominator 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
600GB (2x300GB Velociraptors RAID0) Windows 10 24" ASUS VW246H Logitech Illuminated 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair 750HX Lian Li Lancool PC-K62 G5/DeathAdder Desk 
Audio
Yamaha H80M + HS10W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #64 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Microsis View Post
then why not just start everybody at lvl 20?
They do in PvP. PvE you work for 20 since the game has a story and it progressively gets harder and harder.
New Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 9950 125w @ 3.01ghz ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe XFX 5770 1GB 4GB (2x2GB) Mushkin Redline @ 5-5-5-12 DDR21066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x WD Caviar Black 640gb AALS Samsung SATA DVD Burner Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Acer H233H 23" 1080P Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 v2 Corsair TX750 750w Antec 902 Razer Mamba 
Mouse Pad
fUnc Archetype Surface 1030 
  hide details  
Reply
New Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 9950 125w @ 3.01ghz ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe XFX 5770 1GB 4GB (2x2GB) Mushkin Redline @ 5-5-5-12 DDR21066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x WD Caviar Black 640gb AALS Samsung SATA DVD Burner Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Acer H233H 23" 1080P Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 v2 Corsair TX750 750w Antec 902 Razer Mamba 
Mouse Pad
fUnc Archetype Surface 1030 
  hide details  
Reply
post #65 of 69
if a game has good enough end content so that it doesnt keep you grinding levels forever then it's a very good game, like in any mmo the game starts when you hit the cap, the real huge quests etc...
post #66 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by StickyFingaz View Post
what?

how exactly does AoC look like wow? you say with a new engine so I think you mean graphic wise? lol!!
Well like I've said I've not played AoC so I can't judge it at all but just in the videos and reviews I watched on it, I just saw WoW with a different engine (Graphics/Performance/Physics make an "Engine)

Same thing with WAR which I'm not holding my breath for either...seems like every fantasy-based MMORPG that's been released just trys to mimic WoW and nothing more which I find kind of ---- sad?
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel E6400 2.13Ghz Nvidia 650i eVGA 8800GTX 2GB OCZ 5-5-5-15-2T 
Hard DriveMonitorPower
250GBx2 (RAID0) 22'' Westinghouse 1680x1050 650w 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel E6400 2.13Ghz Nvidia 650i eVGA 8800GTX 2GB OCZ 5-5-5-15-2T 
Hard DriveMonitorPower
250GBx2 (RAID0) 22'' Westinghouse 1680x1050 650w 
  hide details  
Reply
post #67 of 69
whats sad is that people think mmo's mimic wow, wow wasnt origional, it burrowed tons from other games, if you ask me it could have burrowed some good graphics but nevermind, wow remains the only blizzard game I didnt like I wont deny it but it's still a good game, saying games mimic a good game isnt a bad thing. It's bad if thats all they do, but if you'd have read a bit on how AoC's mechanics work you'll see it's another game alltogether.
p.s I dont play AoC, no time, but I have read alot about it and my former EQ guild playes it regularly, I hear mostly good things.
post #68 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnJovi View Post
Well like I've said I've not played AoC so I can't judge it at all but just in the videos and reviews I watched on it, I just saw WoW with a different engine (Graphics/Performance/Physics make an "Engine)

Same thing with WAR which I'm not holding my breath for either...seems like every fantasy-based MMORPG that's been released just trys to mimic WoW and nothing more which I find kind of ---- sad?
You've really got to play/see the game before making this assumption. AoC looks absolutely nothing like WoW. Warhammer will/does indeed, but AoC is not cartoony and colorful.

AoC is nothing like WoW in terms of game play either. Before I played I expected it to be similar, it most definitely isn't in every way including graphics. Warhammer is a different story graphics wise, but will not be like WoW at all game play wise. AoC has ditched some aspects of WoW that I hated, so I do recommend people try it before knocking it (as with everything).

Methinks you should find someone with free trials of these so you can form an educated opinion.

My question is why does everyone now compare every MMO to WoW? WoW is not that spectacular of a game and was not the original mmorpg or rpg.
post #69 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avareyne View Post
You've really got to play/see the game before making this assumption. AoC looks absolutely nothing like WoW. Warhammer will/does indeed, but AoC is not cartoony and colorful.

AoC is nothing like WoW in terms of game play either. Before I played I expected it to be similar, it most definitely isn't in every way including graphics. Warhammer is a different story graphics wise, but will not be like WoW at all game play wise. AoC has ditched some aspects of WoW that I hated, so I do recommend people try it before knocking it (as with everything).

Methinks you should find someone with free trials of these so you can form an educated opinion.

My question is why does everyone now compare every MMO to WoW? WoW is not that spectacular of a game and was not the original mmorpg or rpg.

Yeah I'll probably give it a try - albeit I'm not in much of a mood for MMO's lately.

And everyone compares MMO's to WoW because its the EverQuest of our time...we just compare to whats the most popular and well-known (And the worst lol)
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel E6400 2.13Ghz Nvidia 650i eVGA 8800GTX 2GB OCZ 5-5-5-15-2T 
Hard DriveMonitorPower
250GBx2 (RAID0) 22'' Westinghouse 1680x1050 650w 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel E6400 2.13Ghz Nvidia 650i eVGA 8800GTX 2GB OCZ 5-5-5-15-2T 
Hard DriveMonitorPower
250GBx2 (RAID0) 22'' Westinghouse 1680x1050 650w 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Wowriot] Age of Conan is growing fast!