Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Which waterblock?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Which waterblock?

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 
Currently, I have an Apogee GT paired with a Swiftech MCR320 (3 low speed yates) and the Swiftech 655 Vario pump. Would it be a major upgrade to get a Dtek Fuzion V2? Currenty my load temp is 72 at 1.48vcore. I've tried reseats and lapping, but nothing helped.
post #2 of 23
what orientation is your block on your CPU left/right or top/bottom
Slime Machine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
e6850 @ 4.2ghz EVGA 680i SLI SE 8800 GTX 768mb 4 gig Corsair XMS2 800mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD RaptorX 150gig 10,000rpm Asus Blu-Ray XP 32-bit Dell 19" lcd 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Trantula Antec 700W Antec 900 MS intelli 3.0 
Mouse Pad
DKT Everglide 
  hide details  
Reply
Slime Machine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
e6850 @ 4.2ghz EVGA 680i SLI SE 8800 GTX 768mb 4 gig Corsair XMS2 800mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD RaptorX 150gig 10,000rpm Asus Blu-Ray XP 32-bit Dell 19" lcd 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Trantula Antec 700W Antec 900 MS intelli 3.0 
Mouse Pad
DKT Everglide 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0rX View Post
what orientation is your block on your CPU left/right or top/bottom
Heres a pic:

post #4 of 23
I guess he was going to ask you if your base orientation was right on it....This came from here..Swiftech.

My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8600 4545Mhz*9 w/1.29V DFI DK P45 XFX 8800 GS D9GKX & D9GMH 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
2x Seagate 160 Perp. RD-1 2x Asus Vista Premium Corsair HX 620 
Case
Open Bench 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8600 4545Mhz*9 w/1.29V DFI DK P45 XFX 8800 GS D9GKX & D9GMH 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
2x Seagate 160 Perp. RD-1 2x Asus Vista Premium Corsair HX 620 
Case
Open Bench 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 23
hmm those temps are REALLY high. Is your radiator hot? You're borderline dangerous at those temps.

Some higher speed fans would drop your temperature along with some shrouds
quad core madness
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Lapped Intel Core 2 Quad - Q6600 G0 Stepping Asus P5K Deluxe WiFi ATi Sapphire HD 6950 2GB Unlocked 8GB G.Skill Pi Black DDR2-800 PC2-6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
60GB OCZ Solid 2 SSD Samsung SATA 18X DVD Burner Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Dell 3007WFP-HC + 2x 2007FP in PLP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine Blue, MX Red Corsair HX620 620W Lian Li V1000 Plus Black Razer Mamba 2012 
Mouse PadAudio
XTrack Ripper XL Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic 
  hide details  
Reply
quad core madness
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Lapped Intel Core 2 Quad - Q6600 G0 Stepping Asus P5K Deluxe WiFi ATi Sapphire HD 6950 2GB Unlocked 8GB G.Skill Pi Black DDR2-800 PC2-6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
60GB OCZ Solid 2 SSD Samsung SATA 18X DVD Burner Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Dell 3007WFP-HC + 2x 2007FP in PLP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine Blue, MX Red Corsair HX620 620W Lian Li V1000 Plus Black Razer Mamba 2012 
Mouse PadAudio
XTrack Ripper XL Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ira-k View Post
I guess he was going to ask you if your base orientation was right on it....This came from here..Swiftech.

Yes, its correct. I got the same diagram with my swiftech block.
post #7 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr4gon View Post
hmm those temps are REALLY high. Is your radiator hot? You're borderline dangerous at those temps.

Some higher speed fans would drop your temperature along with some shrouds
I figured having a 360 rad and low speed fans wouldn't matter in a CPU only loop. Part of the reason I switched to watercooling was for quietness.
post #8 of 23
You could always add 3 more fans on your rad in a push...PA and Swifty rads will cool OK with low cfm fans, but they wont dissipate a lot of heat using them either...3 more fans wouldn't really add that much more noise, they kind of blend into each other anyway...

A Fuzion V2 might knock off a few more C, but I don't really think it would give you major temp change, maybe 5C or so at the high end...

If you think you can take 3 more fans in a push I think that would do as much or more for you then a new block...If that doesn't get your temp's on down then try a new block...

I'm lucky, fan noise doesn't bother me much and it makes cooling so much easier with the 100+cfm 120x38mm rad fans...
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8600 4545Mhz*9 w/1.29V DFI DK P45 XFX 8800 GS D9GKX & D9GMH 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
2x Seagate 160 Perp. RD-1 2x Asus Vista Premium Corsair HX 620 
Case
Open Bench 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8600 4545Mhz*9 w/1.29V DFI DK P45 XFX 8800 GS D9GKX & D9GMH 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
2x Seagate 160 Perp. RD-1 2x Asus Vista Premium Corsair HX 620 
Case
Open Bench 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ira-k View Post
You could always add 3 more fans on your rad in a push...PA and Swifty rads will cool OK with low cfm fans, but they wont dissipate a lot of heat using them either...3 more fans wouldn't really add that much more noise, they kind of blend into each other anyway...

A Fuzion V2 might knock off a few more C, but I don't really think it would give you major temp change, maybe 5C or so at the high end...

If you think you can take 3 more fans in a push I think that would do as much or more for you then a new block...If that doesn't get your temp's on down then try a new block...

I'm lucky, fan noise doesn't bother me much and it makes cooling so much easier with the 100+cfm 120x38mm rad fans...
I can't do that either. I cut the tubing as short as possible so theres no room for more fans.

post #10 of 23
What cfm fans are you using? Something like this on a controller would would help I would think..86cfm Pana..
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8600 4545Mhz*9 w/1.29V DFI DK P45 XFX 8800 GS D9GKX & D9GMH 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
2x Seagate 160 Perp. RD-1 2x Asus Vista Premium Corsair HX 620 
Case
Open Bench 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8600 4545Mhz*9 w/1.29V DFI DK P45 XFX 8800 GS D9GKX & D9GMH 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
2x Seagate 160 Perp. RD-1 2x Asus Vista Premium Corsair HX 620 
Case
Open Bench 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Which waterblock?