Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [TechRadar] PC Still Dominates Gaming
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[TechRadar] PC Still Dominates Gaming - Page 4

post #31 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollie View Post
Well, it looks like "ALL" indicating that 100% of the European gamers hack PC titles was in fact, incorrect.





Source

Yes...the truth hurts. Don't hate the messenger.
Lol sales from piracy. Not 90% of Europeans pirate games.....seriously man. People go to market and buy the game already pirated......they are in no way hackers. Infact about 5% at the most are the hackers/crackers and the other 85% are the buyers.
Smallville
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i5 3570k Asus Sabertooth Z77 Asus HD7950 DirectCU II Asus HD7950 DirectCU II 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 128GB Corsair Force Pro, 2 x 2TB HDD, 500GB Ext... LG Blu-Ray, DVD/CD RW drive Corsair H60 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Genuine 27" Crossover 27Q S-IPS 1440p Cyborg V7 Corsair HX1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Phantom White Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Wireless Steelseries QcK Sennheiser eH250 
  hide details  
Reply
Smallville
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i5 3570k Asus Sabertooth Z77 Asus HD7950 DirectCU II Asus HD7950 DirectCU II 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 128GB Corsair Force Pro, 2 x 2TB HDD, 500GB Ext... LG Blu-Ray, DVD/CD RW drive Corsair H60 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Genuine 27" Crossover 27Q S-IPS 1440p Cyborg V7 Corsair HX1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Phantom White Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Wireless Steelseries QcK Sennheiser eH250 
  hide details  
Reply
post #32 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMD+nVidia View Post
Because America is totally different? I would be willing to bet that there are more gamers in America because consoles are so darn cheap... even though that's a STUPID reason!

Computers FTW!
Europe is allot bigger then the US pal. The US is one nation, Europe include many populus nations.
Lee XT
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6300 Asus M5A97 SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7850 AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ OCZ Vertex 4 256GB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H80 Windows 8.1 Pro MCE Dell P2414H WHXV7  Microsoft Generic 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Ultra 600W Limited Edition NZXT Black Steel Razer Deathadder Razer Goliath 
Audio
Realtek HD Audio 
  hide details  
Reply
Lee XT
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6300 Asus M5A97 SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7850 AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ OCZ Vertex 4 256GB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H80 Windows 8.1 Pro MCE Dell P2414H WHXV7  Microsoft Generic 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Ultra 600W Limited Edition NZXT Black Steel Razer Deathadder Razer Goliath 
Audio
Realtek HD Audio 
  hide details  
Reply
post #33 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedEarth View Post
Lol sales from piracy. Not 90% of Europeans pirate games.....seriously man. People go to market and buy the game already pirated......they are in no way hackers. Infact about 5% at the most are the hackers/crackers and the other 85% are the buyers.
The fact that you actually believe that is quite sad. People that talk about going out and buying the game after the steal it is different from the people that actually go to the store and spend $50 (however many Euro's that is).

The sales numbers completely trump your argument.

Most of my gaming is done online. I absolutely hate hackers with a passion. They RUIN games i.e. Crysis (a German game). There is no place for them. It is clear that there is a direct correlation between hacking and choosing the PC as your primary gaming medium. If you refuse to open your eyes do it, don't call me crazy.

Like I said, don't hate the messenger.
Seabiscuit
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
W3520 @ 4.2Ghz (201 x 21 HT on) 1.258v EVGA Classified 760 w/ Koolance NB Block EVGA GTX275 3x2 OCZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
300GB Raptor light-on DVDR Vista 64 Ultimate NEC PA241W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 Ultra X3 1000W Dremel Modded CM Cosmos S G9 
  hide details  
Reply
Seabiscuit
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
W3520 @ 4.2Ghz (201 x 21 HT on) 1.258v EVGA Classified 760 w/ Koolance NB Block EVGA GTX275 3x2 OCZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
300GB Raptor light-on DVDR Vista 64 Ultimate NEC PA241W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 Ultra X3 1000W Dremel Modded CM Cosmos S G9 
  hide details  
Reply
post #34 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollie View Post
The fact that you actually believe that is quite sad. People that talk about going out and buying the game after the steal it is different from the people that actually go to the store and spend $50 (however many Euro's that is).

The sales numbers completely trump your argument.

Most of my gaming is done online. I absolutely hate hackers with a passion. They RUIN games i.e. Crysis (a German game). There is no place for them. It is clear that there is a direct correlation between hacking and choosing the PC as your primary gaming medium. If you refuse to open your eyes do it, don't call me crazy.

Like I said, don't hate the messenger.
Hold your horses mate, I never said anything of the sort. I too hate hackers, I am not defending them.

You said Europeans had a lot of hackers....and you used piracy as a way to get your point across. I merely stated that about 85% of that group would have bought the pirated game and only 5% would have hacked/cracked the game themselves. I didn't mean they pirate a game and go to a local market and buy an original. Here in the UK and in most parts of the EU markets are set up as a way to sell pirated DVD's and games.

All I am saying is 85% of the group are not hackers, they just provide the 5% of hackers with an income.

And I also fail to see how Crysis being German made has anything to do with the Piracy it received....
Smallville
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i5 3570k Asus Sabertooth Z77 Asus HD7950 DirectCU II Asus HD7950 DirectCU II 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 128GB Corsair Force Pro, 2 x 2TB HDD, 500GB Ext... LG Blu-Ray, DVD/CD RW drive Corsair H60 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Genuine 27" Crossover 27Q S-IPS 1440p Cyborg V7 Corsair HX1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Phantom White Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Wireless Steelseries QcK Sennheiser eH250 
  hide details  
Reply
Smallville
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i5 3570k Asus Sabertooth Z77 Asus HD7950 DirectCU II Asus HD7950 DirectCU II 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 128GB Corsair Force Pro, 2 x 2TB HDD, 500GB Ext... LG Blu-Ray, DVD/CD RW drive Corsair H60 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Genuine 27" Crossover 27Q S-IPS 1440p Cyborg V7 Corsair HX1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Phantom White Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Wireless Steelseries QcK Sennheiser eH250 
  hide details  
Reply
post #35 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollie View Post
The fact that you actually believe that is quite sad. People that talk about going out and buying the game after the steal it is different from the people that actually go to the store and spend $50 (however many Euro's that is).

The sales numbers completely trump your argument.

Most of my gaming is done online. I absolutely hate hackers with a passion. They RUIN games i.e. Crysis (a German game). There is no place for them. It is clear that there is a direct correlation between hacking and choosing the PC as your primary gaming medium. If you refuse to open your eyes do it, don't call me crazy.

Like I said, don't hate the messenger.
That was one of the most uninformed replies to a topic ever, ever, ever.
You aren't a messenger by the way, your just wrong.
127.0.0.1
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel P9 Hyper Quazilation Teselator! Optimus Prime's face The bionic man's eyes QuadroSpazz DDR10 90000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
40gb ide 1 Scrathing decks Windows 3.1 V2.3bftw Hydrofloric mutagen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Flat Laptop keyboard lookin thing Platropedic rombocock The death star mx1000 laser mouse 
Mouse Pad
Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
127.0.0.1
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel P9 Hyper Quazilation Teselator! Optimus Prime's face The bionic man's eyes QuadroSpazz DDR10 90000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
40gb ide 1 Scrathing decks Windows 3.1 V2.3bftw Hydrofloric mutagen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Flat Laptop keyboard lookin thing Platropedic rombocock The death star mx1000 laser mouse 
Mouse Pad
Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
post #36 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by [FH415] LOKI View Post
That was one of the most uninformed replies to a topic ever, ever, ever.
You aren't a messenger by the way, your just wrong.
Why?!

Your post seems like one of the laziest responses I have ever read. Please explain your point and include at least one source.
Seabiscuit
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
W3520 @ 4.2Ghz (201 x 21 HT on) 1.258v EVGA Classified 760 w/ Koolance NB Block EVGA GTX275 3x2 OCZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
300GB Raptor light-on DVDR Vista 64 Ultimate NEC PA241W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 Ultra X3 1000W Dremel Modded CM Cosmos S G9 
  hide details  
Reply
Seabiscuit
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
W3520 @ 4.2Ghz (201 x 21 HT on) 1.258v EVGA Classified 760 w/ Koolance NB Block EVGA GTX275 3x2 OCZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
300GB Raptor light-on DVDR Vista 64 Ultimate NEC PA241W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 Ultra X3 1000W Dremel Modded CM Cosmos S G9 
  hide details  
Reply
post #37 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsunx View Post
Wow. Ok kids. It's like this.
America: Rednecks/City people = Don't know jack**** about computers.
Europe: City people = Know their computers.
I'm moving to Europe!
WaterWorks
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Quad Q6700 (3.79GHz) ASUS Maximus Formula X38 PNY XLR8 GTX280 1024MB 6GB Dual Channel PC6400 5-4-4-12 (800MHz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1.18TB RAID 0 + 500GB RAID 0 + 400GB Spare Lite-On Blu-Ray Drive Windows 7 Ultimate x64 I-INC 28" HDMI 1920x1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitch G15 Corsair 900w Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 (Modded) Logitch G5 
Mouse Pad
Ergonomic Wrist Support 
  hide details  
Reply
WaterWorks
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Quad Q6700 (3.79GHz) ASUS Maximus Formula X38 PNY XLR8 GTX280 1024MB 6GB Dual Channel PC6400 5-4-4-12 (800MHz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1.18TB RAID 0 + 500GB RAID 0 + 400GB Spare Lite-On Blu-Ray Drive Windows 7 Ultimate x64 I-INC 28" HDMI 1920x1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitch G15 Corsair 900w Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 (Modded) Logitch G5 
Mouse Pad
Ergonomic Wrist Support 
  hide details  
Reply
post #38 of 57
PC gaming FTW!
Blood
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
Blood
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
post #39 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by marleyforprez View Post
What's worse than a console fanboy argument? One that involves Europe vs. America generalizations.

I'm actually in Europe right now, exploring all over the continent and eventually visiting family in Spain, and I can tell you that instead of making me appreciate home more, travelling abroad lets me know what I'm missing by living in bland-ass rat-race Dallas, Texas.
Traveling to... anywhere?.... yeah, anywhere outside of Texas is enough to do that. Although I really hated Houston more than Dallas(Brown rain clouds. How?). But tops for my least favorite place in the United States that I have seen to date would have to be 29 Palms. And Palmdale. In fact if we could just cover the entire Mojave in solar panels and reroute all the major highways that would awesome.

Haven't been to Europe yet. As one of many in this country that are descendanted of the entire northern hemisphere of that continent I feel that having met many of their other descendants is probably good enough for now. Maybe after we get the government under control here there will be time to sightsee.....

And yes, PC gaming FTW.
Edited by Jarhead - 6/23/08 at 9:52pm
post #40 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowman View Post
FYI, we're here on this site too.
Console gaming over PC in Germany? Haha. Not this century..
yeah true dat. Haven't you ever seen Angry German kid?

om3n rev. 2.8
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 quad core @ 3.6 GHZ/ 3.2 GHZ constant eVGA 790i Ultra SLI BFG 9800 GTX @ 800/2000/1200 x2 SLI (2 x 4096MB) GSkill DDR3 Ripjaw @ 1511 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
(2 x 1056MB) Corsair DDR3 XMS 1333 @ 1511 2x 150GB WD raptors RAID0; seagate 500GB & 1000GB ASUS 20x SATA Windows 8 professional x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 226BW 22" x2 CM Storm Quckfire Pro  Thermaltake 1200 watt toughpower Thermaltake Armor 
Mouse
Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
om3n rev. 2.8
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 quad core @ 3.6 GHZ/ 3.2 GHZ constant eVGA 790i Ultra SLI BFG 9800 GTX @ 800/2000/1200 x2 SLI (2 x 4096MB) GSkill DDR3 Ripjaw @ 1511 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
(2 x 1056MB) Corsair DDR3 XMS 1333 @ 1511 2x 150GB WD raptors RAID0; seagate 500GB & 1000GB ASUS 20x SATA Windows 8 professional x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 226BW 22" x2 CM Storm Quckfire Pro  Thermaltake 1200 watt toughpower Thermaltake Armor 
Mouse
Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [TechRadar] PC Still Dominates Gaming