my system consists of;
1. an asrock 755i65G motherboard http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=775I65G
2. an E2140 boxed with it's stock heatsink http://processorfinder.intel.com/det...px?sspec=sla3j http://ark.intel.com/cpu.aspx?groupID=29738
3. this memory stick http://www.ec.kingston.com/ecom/conf...VR400X64C3A/1G
4. this graphics card http://www.abit.com.tw/page/en/vga/v...E=R9550-256CDT
5. three HDDs http://www.wdc.com/en/products/produ...asp?driveid=10 http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.js...D&locale=en-US http://www.samsung.com/cp/products/h...es/hd160jj.asp
6. two optical drives http://www.samsungoms-europe.com/sam...drw&id=SH-R522 http://ca.lge.com/en/products/model/...gsah10a.jhtml#
i hope i'm not giving more detail than needed.
all the IDE/EIDE drives are connected via 80 conductor cables.
now when i overclock the fsb to 300 MHz/s the system gives me this message;
The system failed to boot several times before
You may press F2 to enter SETUP to reconfigure your system
Or BIOS will continue to boot after 9 seconds
i suspect that the power supply is the culprit as it is the only component i don't know it's origin, it's chinese this is all what i know about it. any other detail is unknown and it's specs are venerable to doubt "300w is written on it's case".
i read some posts that suggested that the fsb/memory bus ratio might be a cause of similar simptoms, but i want to know for sure what problem i'm facing before taking any steps.
also as an extra bit of detail, the tray of my lg drive hangs before locking into the drive, and when i release it manually i.e. with my hands and it locks normally, the drive itself does not respond to the os anymore until i restart.
i guess that's all.