Originally Posted by 45nm
Friend doesn't want to spend more than 3k(or2k). Please suggest. He's mostly a console gamer but I've been trying hard to get him to PC gaming. Also build date is unknown (he needs to get up to budget first).
Wow. It'll make an awesome rig.
- With that kinda budget, definately go for SLI 780i-790i mobo
- two or three cards of ATI HD 4870 when it comes out in a week or so.
- And get Antec 1200(twelve hundred) for case.
- For CPU: Q9450.
- PSU: Corsair around 700-1000W that is capable of 3-way SLI(3 X PCIE cords) for future proof or not.
- RAM: 2 X 2GB (I like my G.SKill).
- OS: Vista premium or ultimate 64-bit.
- Sound Card: Prelude.
- And raid 0 HD's(2 X 250GB is fine I think).
- With TRUE CPU Cooler.
- And IC7 Diamond for thermal paste.
- And 22"-24" and nothing bigger.
- One 120mm fan for TRUE or 2 more for optional fans in Antec 1200 case.
For Corsair PSU and Antec 1200, buy.com probably is much cheaper.
And others, just buy'em in Newegg.
For TRUE and IC7, HSsink.com or something.
It should be less than $3K. Srry w/o links, I'm posting quickly before I get back to work. I'll give all links l8.
Neh, if his friend have 2k more money, let him spend it for the best and I think he wouldn't want a outdated rig.Edited by legendor - 6/25/08 at 8:10am