Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › Console Gaming › Playstation › Metal Gear Solid Refresher
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Metal Gear Solid Refresher - Page 7

post #61 of 71
what do the v-ring bullets do for the shotgun in mgs4?
post #62 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecchi-BANZAII!!! View Post
The PC version isn't supported by newer Graphic cards though. To play MGS for PC you need a Geforce 4 or below to get the 3D rendering to work properly, if you can get a Voodoo also cuz MGS supports Glide.
Same with Final Fantasy VIII PC.

And VII I figure. Luckily I own them all on PlayStation.
post #63 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
Same with Final Fantasy VIII PC.

And VII I figure. Luckily I own them all on PlayStation.
Funny thing is that I have the PC version of FFVIII in the shelf took some photo and added emo to squalls head. But it's so buggy so I downloaded it for PSX instead. at least I can look at the niceley CD layers with the characters on
Uhh.. Thing
(19 items)
 
TERA
(22 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690K Z97-PRO GAMER ASUS STRIX GTX1070 Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 830 Pro Samsung 850 EVO Samsung 830 Noctua D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 x64 Enterprise ASUS VG248QE QPAD MK-50 EVGA 750W G2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design R5 Logitech G502 Some Steelseries thing SupremeFX -> Pioneer VSX-D711-S 5.1 receiver 
AudioAudioOther
Dali Concept 2+SUB E-12F Focusrite Scarlett Solo Logitech G27 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 2700k @ 4.5GHz 1.425v with HT enabled ASUS P8Z77-V Gigabyte GTX670 OC Gigabyte GTX670 OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeanve LP White 16GB Corsair Force GT 120GB WD RED SOHO 3TB WD RED SOHO 3TB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
WD BLACK 4TB Seagate 5900 LP 2TB XSPC Raystorm D5 XSPC RX480 w/ GT AP-13 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
XSPC RX360 w/ GT AP-15 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 DELL U3011 Logitech K800 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX1000W Corsair 900D Logitech G500 SARGAS 460 
AudioAudio
Denon AVR-2313 Dali Zensor 7, 5, Vocal 
  hide details  
Reply
Uhh.. Thing
(19 items)
 
TERA
(22 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690K Z97-PRO GAMER ASUS STRIX GTX1070 Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 830 Pro Samsung 850 EVO Samsung 830 Noctua D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 x64 Enterprise ASUS VG248QE QPAD MK-50 EVGA 750W G2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Fractal Design R5 Logitech G502 Some Steelseries thing SupremeFX -> Pioneer VSX-D711-S 5.1 receiver 
AudioAudioOther
Dali Concept 2+SUB E-12F Focusrite Scarlett Solo Logitech G27 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 2700k @ 4.5GHz 1.425v with HT enabled ASUS P8Z77-V Gigabyte GTX670 OC Gigabyte GTX670 OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeanve LP White 16GB Corsair Force GT 120GB WD RED SOHO 3TB WD RED SOHO 3TB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
WD BLACK 4TB Seagate 5900 LP 2TB XSPC Raystorm D5 XSPC RX480 w/ GT AP-13 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
XSPC RX360 w/ GT AP-15 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 DELL U3011 Logitech K800 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX1000W Corsair 900D Logitech G500 SARGAS 460 
AudioAudio
Denon AVR-2313 Dali Zensor 7, 5, Vocal 
  hide details  
Reply
post #64 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy-775 View Post
what do the v-ring bullets do for the shotgun in mgs4?
It's a non-lethal round.
HP Pavilion dm1z
(13 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Fusion E-350 Radeon HD 6310M 8GB Corsair DDR3 Western Digital Scorpio Black 750GB 
OSMonitor
Windows 7 Home Premium 11.6" 
  hide details  
Reply
HP Pavilion dm1z
(13 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Fusion E-350 Radeon HD 6310M 8GB Corsair DDR3 Western Digital Scorpio Black 750GB 
OSMonitor
Windows 7 Home Premium 11.6" 
  hide details  
Reply
post #65 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtarmanrob View Post
YES!!!!

haha just completed MGS2. what a sick game. goes on forever though, took me 16 hours and 37 minutes and i got ranked an elephant. i dont think thats good, but i dont give a **** coz its finished haha.

im glad Solidus wasnt too hard, beat him first go. Those Metal Gears were frickin hard though. I did it on Normal so had to defeat 6 of them i think..lost count.

screw MGS3 for now i wanna see MGS4. story aside, i'll pick it up later or read some of the MGS4 Database. i dont care, i wanna see MGS4 lol.

oh as for MGS1, a PS1 copy costs over $100 so not an option. i have the PC version, however it doesnt like the latest tech in windows and hardware. i got it to run, but only in software mode. which doesnt bother me. but as soon as you die, the game crashes. no matter what.

so the rip onto the PSP was the best bet, plus i got to play the game wherever/whenever i wanted.
There you go good sir!

Since BestBuy are all over the states, even if it does say back-ordered, you might be able to get your hands on that set. Extremely cheap, and worth it, plus if you're a collector, you'll also get special designed boxes and box-art for them! All for 29$, that's a sweet deal.

And I personally love going at it against the multiple Rays, makes you feel like Rambo! But meh, chaffs made that fight too easy.

Oh and, apparently MGS1 requires a PS1 memory card to play, on that pack, so it'd be a good thing to note that down, though that's a lot easier to get.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k@4.5ghzHTon 1.35v Asus P67 Deluxe EVGA GTX 670 4GB 8GB DDR3-1600 Ripjaws CL7-8-7-24 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel X-25M 160GB G2 + 2x1TB Caviar Black Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Crossover 27Q + Dell S2309 23'' G19 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX1000W Thermaltake Armor+ G9 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k@4.5ghzHTon 1.35v Asus P67 Deluxe EVGA GTX 670 4GB 8GB DDR3-1600 Ripjaws CL7-8-7-24 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel X-25M 160GB G2 + 2x1TB Caviar Black Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Crossover 27Q + Dell S2309 23'' G19 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX1000W Thermaltake Armor+ G9 
  hide details  
Reply
post #66 of 71
so whats the point of them if they do nothing?
post #67 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy-775 View Post
so whats the point of them if they do nothing?
They knock enemies out. You can get the unlimited ammo bandanna if you go through the entire game without killing anyone. There are also various achievements that require you to complete the game with 0 kills.
HP Pavilion dm1z
(13 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Fusion E-350 Radeon HD 6310M 8GB Corsair DDR3 Western Digital Scorpio Black 750GB 
OSMonitor
Windows 7 Home Premium 11.6" 
  hide details  
Reply
HP Pavilion dm1z
(13 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Fusion E-350 Radeon HD 6310M 8GB Corsair DDR3 Western Digital Scorpio Black 750GB 
OSMonitor
Windows 7 Home Premium 11.6" 
  hide details  
Reply
post #68 of 71
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pouleterie View Post
There you go good sir!

Since BestBuy are all over the states, even if it does say back-ordered, you might be able to get your hands on that set. Extremely cheap, and worth it, plus if you're a collector, you'll also get special designed boxes and box-art for them! All for 29$, that's a sweet deal.

And I personally love going at it against the multiple Rays, makes you feel like Rambo! But meh, chaffs made that fight too easy.

Oh and, apparently MGS1 requires a PS1 memory card to play, on that pack, so it'd be a good thing to note that down, though that's a lot easier to get.
LOL.

ok +rep for effort dude,

but as i've said earlier in this thread, the Essential Collection means nothing to me because A) im in Australia, BestBuy doesnt ship international, but it can be obtained elsewhere anyway but B) im in Australia, and therefore my PS2 runs under the PAL format, not NTSC. all PS1/PS2 games are region coded, meaning i would have to mod my PS2, which actually isnt mine since im borrowing it, to play these games. the Essential Collection was an NTSC release only.

it doesnt matter now anyway, as i have all the games in the series except Portable Ops which i dont want.

i actually started MGS4 the other day to have a look, since im heading overseas for 5 weeks on Thursday im not getting into it, but man, that is definietly the best looking game on PS3. and im not just saying that because im a new die-hard MGS fan. the game is absoltely amazing. they manage to create so much emotion in their digital characters, its unreal.
Dr. Gonzo
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Gigabyte X79-UD3 ASUS GTX Titan X 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws Z C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO SSD 2TB Crucial M4 256GB Lite-On Blu-Ray Writer Swiftech Apogee Drive II 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Home Premium 64-Bit ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q 27" Tesoro Durandal Silverstone 850w Strider 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec Eleven Hundred Logitech G502 Creative SoundBlaster Zx 
  hide details  
Reply
Dr. Gonzo
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Gigabyte X79-UD3 ASUS GTX Titan X 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws Z C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO SSD 2TB Crucial M4 256GB Lite-On Blu-Ray Writer Swiftech Apogee Drive II 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Home Premium 64-Bit ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q 27" Tesoro Durandal Silverstone 850w Strider 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec Eleven Hundred Logitech G502 Creative SoundBlaster Zx 
  hide details  
Reply
post #69 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtarmanrob View Post
LOL.

ok +rep for effort dude,

but as i've said earlier in this thread, the Essential Collection means nothing to me because A) im in Australia, BestBuy doesnt ship international, but it can be obtained elsewhere anyway but B) im in Australia, and therefore my PS2 runs under the PAL format, not NTSC. all PS1/PS2 games are region coded, meaning i would have to mod my PS2, which actually isnt mine since im borrowing it, to play these games. the Essential Collection was an NTSC release only.

it doesnt matter now anyway, as i have all the games in the series except Portable Ops which i dont want.

i actually started MGS4 the other day to have a look, since im heading overseas for 5 weeks on Thursday im not getting into it, but man, that is definietly the best looking game on PS3. and im not just saying that because im a new die-hard MGS fan. the game is absoltely amazing. they manage to create so much emotion in their digital characters, its unreal.
And it's just the start. And yeah, I didn't look at your location, lol. I hate the region codings, I think it's retarded. Should just be the same damn thing worldwide. Why bother reprogramming every freaking thing twice. I did chip my PS2 however. That way I used to burn PS1/2 games, and if after beating it, the game was worthy, I went out to buy it to say thanks to the producers. :<

I was going to say I would buy it for you and ship it up if you paid, but I forgot all about region-codings.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k@4.5ghzHTon 1.35v Asus P67 Deluxe EVGA GTX 670 4GB 8GB DDR3-1600 Ripjaws CL7-8-7-24 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel X-25M 160GB G2 + 2x1TB Caviar Black Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Crossover 27Q + Dell S2309 23'' G19 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX1000W Thermaltake Armor+ G9 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k@4.5ghzHTon 1.35v Asus P67 Deluxe EVGA GTX 670 4GB 8GB DDR3-1600 Ripjaws CL7-8-7-24 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel X-25M 160GB G2 + 2x1TB Caviar Black Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Crossover 27Q + Dell S2309 23'' G19 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX1000W Thermaltake Armor+ G9 
  hide details  
Reply
post #70 of 71
Both my PlayStation and PlayStation 2 are able to play backup, which is handy as I really don't want my Final Fantasy games to turn to dust. However my PlayStation is an older model which can't decode colour on NTSC/NTSC-J games, so they play but in black and white. Bummer.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Playstation
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › Console Gaming › Playstation › Metal Gear Solid Refresher