Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread - Page 143

post #1421 of 29984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulli85 View Post

The USB and artwork look pretty cool too. I'm thinking about getting a regular second copy so I don't have to open the CE. Prolly won't do that though, already spent $100 haha.

All you need from the CE is the key so... you could open it and enter the key then re-shrink wrap it! biggrin.gif
Woot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen 3 GTX 680 16gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120gb Intel 510 series ssd, 80gb Intel 320 seri... Asus dvdrw Corsair h80 + 9 case fans Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Razer Blackwidow PC P&C 950w Silencer Corsair 400r 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mamba 2012 Black Ultrasone 550's, X-fi Titanium HD  M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
Woot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen 3 GTX 680 16gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120gb Intel 510 series ssd, 80gb Intel 320 seri... Asus dvdrw Corsair h80 + 9 case fans Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Razer Blackwidow PC P&C 950w Silencer Corsair 400r 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mamba 2012 Black Ultrasone 550's, X-fi Titanium HD  M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1422 of 29984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy9000 View Post

I'm not getting the CE, don't think that extra stuff is really worth it.

You're probably right. I've just been waiting so long for the game that I feel like I have to buy the CE, not open it, and hold onto it forever. Pretty lame I know haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobotheklown View Post

All you need from the CE is the key so... you could open it and enter the key then re-shrink wrap it! biggrin.gif

Thats true. Hmm.. thinking.gif

Perhaps spending another $60 in 8 months won't be so bad when the game is finally released. I won't even remember the first $100 that I spent! Wait this must be what Blizzard has been up to all this time! tongue.gif
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1423 of 29984
I bought about 10 copies of Diablo II, but that was due to botting being fairly easy to get away with. Ironically the long wait before bots were banned probably helped business overall for diablo 2. I guess we'll have to see which way they go with d3... I'm guessing for the first year or two hacks will be banned quite quickly.
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1424 of 29984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy9000 View Post

I bought about 10 copies of Diablo II, but that was due to botting being fairly easy to get away with. Ironically the long wait before bots were banned probably helped business overall for diablo 2. I guess we'll have to see which way they go with d3... I'm guessing for the first year or two hacks will be banned quite quickly.

Yeah I can't imagine being able to get away with much, if anything, in DIII. Not that I plan on it but I'll be honest here. I used to use map hacks in DII all the time. Mousepad's was the best haha. It was fun playing through DII the first dozen times and fun the first couple hundred baal runs but it was frustrating having a new map to navigate every game. MH+Sorc teleport or Enigma = fast runs. redface.gif
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1425 of 29984
I thought about buying the CE but came to the conclusion that the content is not worth the extra money. And what I man by that is that I am broke tongue.gif Oh well the normal edition is ok too. It's about the game after all biggrin.gif
My computer
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium Core i7 4790K Asus Z 97 Pro Gamer Asus R9 280X DC2T Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz - 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Samsung 840EVO  Noctua NH-C14 Windows 10 professional 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC 24" Ducky Shine 3 Corsair HX650 Corsair Obsidian 650D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 Razer Goliathus Alpha fragged Logitech 5.1 Surround speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
My computer
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium Core i7 4790K Asus Z 97 Pro Gamer Asus R9 280X DC2T Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz - 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Samsung 840EVO  Noctua NH-C14 Windows 10 professional 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC 24" Ducky Shine 3 Corsair HX650 Corsair Obsidian 650D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 Razer Goliathus Alpha fragged Logitech 5.1 Surround speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1426 of 29984
Here's a tidbit, hopefully it's not referring to moar beta keys rolleyes.gif
Quote:
We just had an awesome meeting with the awesome people from Blizzard Entertainment ! What Does it Mean ? Well, something cool next week smile.gif !

What we can say now is, start adding Diablo III to you games list !

That is not an order, it is a suggestion smile.gif !

http://www.facebook.com/Gamersbook?sk=wall

Edit: also this just in:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4138438602

Patch 14 tonight! wheee.gif
Edited by Bobotheklown - 3/8/12 at 12:20pm
Woot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen 3 GTX 680 16gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120gb Intel 510 series ssd, 80gb Intel 320 seri... Asus dvdrw Corsair h80 + 9 case fans Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Razer Blackwidow PC P&C 950w Silencer Corsair 400r 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mamba 2012 Black Ultrasone 550's, X-fi Titanium HD  M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
Woot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen 3 GTX 680 16gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120gb Intel 510 series ssd, 80gb Intel 320 seri... Asus dvdrw Corsair h80 + 9 case fans Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Razer Blackwidow PC P&C 950w Silencer Corsair 400r 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mamba 2012 Black Ultrasone 550's, X-fi Titanium HD  M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1427 of 29984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobotheklown View Post

Here's a tidbit, hopefully it's not referring to moar beta keys rolleyes.gif
Quote:
We just had an awesome meeting with the awesome people from Blizzard Entertainment ! What Does it Mean ? Well, something cool next week smile.gif !
What we can say now is, start adding Diablo III to you games list !
That is not an order, it is a suggestion smile.gif !
http://www.facebook.com/Gamersbook?sk=wall
Edit: also this just in:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4138438602
Patch 14 tonight! wheee.gif

Oh wow nice, patch 14. Any idea what they are adding/changing? I wonder if the double damage change on the monsters has been applied.
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1428 of 29984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulli85 View Post

Oh wow nice, patch 14. Any idea what they are adding/changing? I wonder if the double damage change on the monsters has been applied.

Inc.Gamers is guessing that the double monster damage will be applied and the new gold/magic find systems.
http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/cool-new-things-with-diablo-iii-beta

Just gotta wait for patch notes tonight smile.gif
Woot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen 3 GTX 680 16gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120gb Intel 510 series ssd, 80gb Intel 320 seri... Asus dvdrw Corsair h80 + 9 case fans Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Razer Blackwidow PC P&C 950w Silencer Corsair 400r 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mamba 2012 Black Ultrasone 550's, X-fi Titanium HD  M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
Woot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen 3 GTX 680 16gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120gb Intel 510 series ssd, 80gb Intel 320 seri... Asus dvdrw Corsair h80 + 9 case fans Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Razer Blackwidow PC P&C 950w Silencer Corsair 400r 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mamba 2012 Black Ultrasone 550's, X-fi Titanium HD  M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1429 of 29984
Aaaaand here are the patch notes: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Diablo III Beta Patch 14 – v. 0.8.0.8815
Released 3/8/2012
General

Hardcore mode is now available, and can be unlocked by reaching level 10 with at least one character
Cast time to resurrect a fallen ally has been increased from 1 second to 3 seconds
Player created games now default to Invite Only. Check "Allow Quick Join" in the Social tab of the Options menu to allow your friends to join
Magic Find and Gold Find are now shared amongst party members. The average combined value of the entire party's Magic and Gold Find applies to all players regardless of location in the game world. The averaged values will not display in the UI

Skill UI

In Elective mode, skills can now be dragged and dropped from the skill interface into hot-key slots
Right-clicking a skill hot-key will now open the skill interface


Auction House

The Sell interface has been updated to better match the in-game inventory and stash
Combined the advanced and basic search features
The Active auctions tab now allows users to see all active auctions
Searches for recipes and tomes have been added


Classes

Barbarian

Barbarians now have innate 30% passive damage reduction versus all sources. This damage reduction is applied at the same time as all other damage reducing effects (such as Armor), but prior to shield block
Ground Stomp

Now destroys barrels

Leap Attack

Ability renamed to Leap
Weapon damage reduced from 125% to 85%
Now slows enemies in the landing zone by 60% for 3 seconds




Demon Hunter

Hungering Arrow

Rune of Puncturing Arrow pierce chance reduced from 55% to 50%

Impale

Rune of Impact stun chance reduced from 100% to 65%

Smoke Screen

Duration increased from 2 to 3 seconds.
Cost increased from 15 to 24 Discipline




Monk

Monks now have innate 30% passive damage reduction versus all sources. This damage reduction is applied at the same time as all other damage reducing effects (such as Armor), but prior to shield block
Breath of Heaven

Heal amount reduced

Crippling Wave

Damage increased from 100% to 110%

Deadly Reach

Damage increased from 100% to 110%

Exploding Palm

This skill has been redesigned.
No longer generates Spirit, now costs 40 Spirit
Now deals 220% weapon damage over 3 seconds

Fists of Thunder

Damage increased from 100% to110%



Crafting

Gold cost to craft items reduced
Cost to train Blacksmith doubled
More crafting materials are now required to craft items
Chance to salvage rare crafting material from blue Magic items reduced from 10% to 5%

Followers

Templar

Normal attack now deals 15% weapon damage
Intervene taunt reduced from 5 seconds to 3 seconds


Items

Several aspects of the game economy have been adjusted, including but not limited to:

Gold drops
Item sale values
Vendor costs
Repair costs

Rings and Amulets now become available at a higher level. As a result, these items will no longer drop in the in beta. Fear not – sparkly baubles await you in the retail version of the game.

Monsters

Mira Eamon now drops better loot.
Monster damage has been increased

Bug Fixes
For a full list of documented game and service bugs, please review the Known Issues sticky located in the Beta Bug Report forum.

Players are now able to leave the game if unexpectedly disconnected from Battle.net
Public Games can once again accommodate up to four players
Players can now queue for a Public Game involving any quest they’ve unlocked
Players should now properly be able to send and receive friend invites
Friends should no longer appear as [ ] in chat

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3123246179#14

Glad to see they gave the melee classes some innate resistances to help with the later difficulties! thumb.gif

Also liking that you can drag and drop skills in elective mode.

Disappointed they didn't do anything about the chat lobby or skill ui... frown.gif

Edit: I find it kind of funny, in patch 13 they reduced the cost of blacksmith training by 50%...
Quote:
The cost to level the Blacksmith has been reduced by 50%

And in this patch they double it? confused.gif Guess they needed more gold sinkage...
Woot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen 3 GTX 680 16gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120gb Intel 510 series ssd, 80gb Intel 320 seri... Asus dvdrw Corsair h80 + 9 case fans Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Razer Blackwidow PC P&C 950w Silencer Corsair 400r 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mamba 2012 Black Ultrasone 550's, X-fi Titanium HD  M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
Woot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen 3 GTX 680 16gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120gb Intel 510 series ssd, 80gb Intel 320 seri... Asus dvdrw Corsair h80 + 9 case fans Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Razer Blackwidow PC P&C 950w Silencer Corsair 400r 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mamba 2012 Black Ultrasone 550's, X-fi Titanium HD  M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1430 of 29984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobotheklown View Post

Aaaaand here are the patch notes: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Diablo III Beta Patch 14 – v. 0.8.0.8815
Released 3/8/2012
General
Hardcore mode is now available, and can be unlocked by reaching level 10 with at least one character
Cast time to resurrect a fallen ally has been increased from 1 second to 3 seconds
Player created games now default to Invite Only. Check "Allow Quick Join" in the Social tab of the Options menu to allow your friends to join
Magic Find and Gold Find are now shared amongst party members. The average combined value of the entire party's Magic and Gold Find applies to all players regardless of location in the game world. The averaged values will not display in the UI
Skill UI
In Elective mode, skills can now be dragged and dropped from the skill interface into hot-key slots
Right-clicking a skill hot-key will now open the skill interface
Auction House
The Sell interface has been updated to better match the in-game inventory and stash
Combined the advanced and basic search features
The Active auctions tab now allows users to see all active auctions
Searches for recipes and tomes have been added
Classes
Barbarian
Barbarians now have innate 30% passive damage reduction versus all sources. This damage reduction is applied at the same time as all other damage reducing effects (such as Armor), but prior to shield block
Ground Stomp
Now destroys barrels
Leap Attack
Ability renamed to Leap
Weapon damage reduced from 125% to 85%
Now slows enemies in the landing zone by 60% for 3 seconds
Demon Hunter
Hungering Arrow
Rune of Puncturing Arrow pierce chance reduced from 55% to 50%
Impale
Rune of Impact stun chance reduced from 100% to 65%
Smoke Screen
Duration increased from 2 to 3 seconds.
Cost increased from 15 to 24 Discipline
Monk
Monks now have innate 30% passive damage reduction versus all sources. This damage reduction is applied at the same time as all other damage reducing effects (such as Armor), but prior to shield block
Breath of Heaven
Heal amount reduced
Crippling Wave
Damage increased from 100% to 110%
Deadly Reach
Damage increased from 100% to 110%
Exploding Palm
This skill has been redesigned.
No longer generates Spirit, now costs 40 Spirit
Now deals 220% weapon damage over 3 seconds
Fists of Thunder
Damage increased from 100% to110%
Crafting
Gold cost to craft items reduced
Cost to train Blacksmith doubled
More crafting materials are now required to craft items
Chance to salvage rare crafting material from blue Magic items reduced from 10% to 5%
Followers
Templar
Normal attack now deals 15% weapon damage
Intervene taunt reduced from 5 seconds to 3 seconds
Items
Several aspects of the game economy have been adjusted, including but not limited to:
Gold drops
Item sale values
Vendor costs
Repair costs
Rings and Amulets now become available at a higher level. As a result, these items will no longer drop in the in beta. Fear not – sparkly baubles await you in the retail version of the game.
Monsters
Mira Eamon now drops better loot.
Monster damage has been increased
Bug Fixes
For a full list of documented game and service bugs, please review the Known Issues sticky located in the Beta Bug Report forum.
Players are now able to leave the game if unexpectedly disconnected from Battle.net
Public Games can once again accommodate up to four players
Players can now queue for a Public Game involving any quest they’ve unlocked
Players should now properly be able to send and receive friend invites
Friends should no longer appear as [ ] in chat
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3123246179#14
Glad to see they gave the melee classes some innate resistances to help with the later difficulties! thumb.gif
Also liking that you can drag and drop skills in elective mode.
Disappointed they didn't do anything about the chat lobby or skill ui... frown.gif
Edit: I find it kind of funny, in patch 13 they reduced the cost of blacksmith training by 50%...
Quote:
The cost to level the Blacksmith has been reduced by 50%
And in this patch they double it? confused.gif Guess they needed more gold sinkage...

Being a beta, they can lower the gold cost of something just so people would use it more for testing, and not because it was poorly priced. Hard to say why anything is in the patches due to that xD.
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread