Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread - Page 170

post #1691 of 29766
I believe it will sell well just because of the name. But I don't think it's going to have the impact which D2 did. IMO they changed too much. I'm not going to be buying it and I never thought I would be saying that. I've been waiting for it for 10 years... but not the game it is now. I have had the beta for almost 2 months and I only played it maybe 15 hours. It would have been even less than that if it wasn't for playing the new patches so I could see what they changed.

I could go into detail but I don't feel this thread is the place to vent my frustrations.
post #1692 of 29766
Every single game these days, especially if it's a sequel to a much loved, older game from the early 2000s or earlier, is going to be viewed with rose tinted glasses / nostalgia vision.

It's literally impossible to match up to the expectations people have of it, or live up to the hype that people are placing on it. It will disappoint ONLY because people want too much out of it.

Me, on the other hand, I just take it as it goes, and I'm loving the game. I will play the crap out of it and love every minute.
post #1693 of 29766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom_Dave View Post

I believe it will sell well just because of the name. But I don't think it's going to have the impact which D2 did. IMO they changed too much. I'm not going to be buying it and I never thought I would be saying that. I've been waiting for it for 10 years... but not the game it is now. I have had the beta for almost 2 months and I only played it maybe 15 hours. It would have been even less than that if it wasn't for playing the new patches so I could see what they changed.
I could go into detail but I don't feel this thread is the place to vent my frustrations.

i reckon if blizz north were doing d3, we wouldnt be questioning the game but i dont even like the looks of TL2.

Lineage Eternal looks more promising.

I hope d3 improves but i think its too late because the improvements needed would put blizzard back years.
Upgraded Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 7600K Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming Sapphire 390x Corsair 16GB (2 x8) CMK16GX4M2B3000C15B DDR4  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Samsung 250GB SSD 850 EVO Western Digital WD30EZRZ Blue 3TB SATA 6Gb HDD 64M Crucial M4 64gb SSD Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Zowie by BenQ XL2430 24" FHD 144Hz LED  Corsair Gaming K70 Mechanical Cherry Red eVGA 220-G2-0750-XR 750W G2 80+ Gold Full Modul... Corsair Obsidian 750D AirfloEdition 
MouseMouse Pad
DeathAdder 2015 QCK Heavy++ 
  hide details  
Reply
Upgraded Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 7600K Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming Sapphire 390x Corsair 16GB (2 x8) CMK16GX4M2B3000C15B DDR4  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Samsung 250GB SSD 850 EVO Western Digital WD30EZRZ Blue 3TB SATA 6Gb HDD 64M Crucial M4 64gb SSD Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Zowie by BenQ XL2430 24" FHD 144Hz LED  Corsair Gaming K70 Mechanical Cherry Red eVGA 220-G2-0750-XR 750W G2 80+ Gold Full Modul... Corsair Obsidian 750D AirfloEdition 
MouseMouse Pad
DeathAdder 2015 QCK Heavy++ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1694 of 29766
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdHardCash View Post

i reckon if blizz north were doing d3, we wouldnt be questioning the game but i dont even like the looks of TL2.
Lineage Eternal looks more promising.
I hope d3 improves but i think its too late because the improvements needed would put blizzard back years.

You say all this stuff about it not being good enough, and improvements... yet refuse to list examples?

You sir are a classic case of "armchair developper" tongue.gif
post #1695 of 29766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchernobyl View Post

You say all this stuff about it not being good enough, and improvements... yet refuse to list examples?
You sir are a classic case of "armchair developper" tongue.gif

I was hoping it would be a game requiring more skill. I wished it kept the majority of d2 but fixed the bad things about d2 at the same time. D3 will be a totally new game because the developers look like they are a wing from WoW.
Upgraded Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 7600K Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming Sapphire 390x Corsair 16GB (2 x8) CMK16GX4M2B3000C15B DDR4  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Samsung 250GB SSD 850 EVO Western Digital WD30EZRZ Blue 3TB SATA 6Gb HDD 64M Crucial M4 64gb SSD Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Zowie by BenQ XL2430 24" FHD 144Hz LED  Corsair Gaming K70 Mechanical Cherry Red eVGA 220-G2-0750-XR 750W G2 80+ Gold Full Modul... Corsair Obsidian 750D AirfloEdition 
MouseMouse Pad
DeathAdder 2015 QCK Heavy++ 
  hide details  
Reply
Upgraded Rig
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 7600K Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming Sapphire 390x Corsair 16GB (2 x8) CMK16GX4M2B3000C15B DDR4  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Samsung 250GB SSD 850 EVO Western Digital WD30EZRZ Blue 3TB SATA 6Gb HDD 64M Crucial M4 64gb SSD Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Zowie by BenQ XL2430 24" FHD 144Hz LED  Corsair Gaming K70 Mechanical Cherry Red eVGA 220-G2-0750-XR 750W G2 80+ Gold Full Modul... Corsair Obsidian 750D AirfloEdition 
MouseMouse Pad
DeathAdder 2015 QCK Heavy++ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1696 of 29766
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdHardCash View Post

I was hoping it would be a game requiring more skill. I wished it kept the majority of d2 but fixed the bad things about d2 at the same time. D3 will be a totally new game because the developers look like they are a wing from WoW.

Skill? D2 never needed any skill, just find (or buy ;p) the right items and you could spam things at your leisure... and again, you refuse to go into detail. "Bad things of D2"? "taking a wing from WOW"? That's really not much to go on.

And if you're talking about difficulty (i don't think you are, or at least not entirely), it's been stated that the beta is normal diff... aka easy mode. Nightmare, hell and inferno will be much, much more difficult, inferno especially.
post #1697 of 29766
I agree that the expectations for D3 are too high, however, I do believe it will be a true sequel and a great game. I will definitely be buying it and hopefully playing it for quite some time.
2017 Rig
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 ASUS Crosshair VI Hero Gigabyte Windforce OC GTX 1700 G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3200 (2x8GB) Model F4-320... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
MyDigitalSSD MDNVME80-BPX-0256 Phillips DVD Windows 10 AOC E2752VH 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K120 EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 Cooler Master CM-690 Razer Naga 2014 
  hide details  
Reply
2017 Rig
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 ASUS Crosshair VI Hero Gigabyte Windforce OC GTX 1700 G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3200 (2x8GB) Model F4-320... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
MyDigitalSSD MDNVME80-BPX-0256 Phillips DVD Windows 10 AOC E2752VH 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K120 EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 Cooler Master CM-690 Razer Naga 2014 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1698 of 29766
I see what you guys mean when you say that D3 is not like D2 but It's not supposed to be. A lot of people obviously only want a graphics updated D2. But that is not how It should be. It has to be a new game that has some of the D2 roots. And if you think about it people were probably arguing just like we are now when they waited for D2 and It wasn't exactly like D1. See the connection? tongue.gif
My computer
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium Core i7 4790K Asus Z 97 Pro Gamer Asus R9 280X DC2T Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz - 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Samsung 840EVO  Noctua NH-C14 Windows 10 professional 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC 24" Ducky Shine 3 Corsair HX650 Corsair Obsidian 650D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 Razer Goliathus Alpha fragged Logitech 5.1 Surround speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
My computer
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium Core i7 4790K Asus Z 97 Pro Gamer Asus R9 280X DC2T Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz - 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Samsung 840EVO  Noctua NH-C14 Windows 10 professional 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC 24" Ducky Shine 3 Corsair HX650 Corsair Obsidian 650D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 Razer Goliathus Alpha fragged Logitech 5.1 Surround speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1699 of 29766
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdHardCash View Post

I was hoping it would be a game requiring more skill. I wished it kept the majority of d2 but fixed the bad things about d2 at the same time. D3 will be a totally new game because the developers look like they are a wing from WoW.

It'll require far more skill than Diablo II ever required, maybe not as much as Diablo 1, but more.

There are several hundred thousand builds per character, lots of unique skills, advanced enemy AI, no more potion spamming, you can use the environment to kill the enemy.

Having played the beta, I don't think it feels anything like WoW.

The game is as much a Diablo II sequel as any game could be. You could not make a better Diablo II sequel or Diablo game in my eyes, as someone who has played since the original Diablo was released.

ColdHardCash, are you ColdHardFacts on Gamefaqs? A person that trolls alot on those boards.
Edited by Mkilbride - 3/25/12 at 9:20am
New rig
(9 items)
  
Reply
New rig
(9 items)
  
Reply
post #1700 of 29766
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdHardCash View Post

Anyone believe d3 will flop? I do

I personally feel that DIII will be bigger and better than DII ever was. I really don't understand why DIII has as many critics as it does. I will elaborate further down this post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchernobyl View Post

Every single game these days, especially if it's a sequel to a much loved, older game from the early 2000s or earlier, is going to be viewed with rose tinted glasses / nostalgia vision.
It's literally impossible to match up to the expectations people have of it, or live up to the hype that people are placing on it. It will disappoint ONLY because people want too much out of it.
Me, on the other hand, I just take it as it goes, and I'm loving the game. I will play the crap out of it and love every minute.

Agree with all of this. People have such ridiculously high expectations of the game that if one tiny little thing is different than how they would want it then all of a sudden they aren't buying the game and it is going to be a failure. Guys, this is Blizzard we are talking about here. They have never, ever released a "bad" game or one that has been a failure. If anyone can live up to the hype it is Blizzard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdHardCash View Post

i reckon if blizz north were doing d3, we wouldnt be questioning the game but i dont even like the looks of TL2.
Lineage Eternal looks more promising.
I hope d3 improves but i think its too late because the improvements needed would put blizzard back years.

There's going to be patches to the for years after its release. For example, they are cutting out the Arena (PvP) for release but it will be added in a patch after the game's release. What needs to be improved with the game?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdHardCash View Post

I was hoping it would be a game requiring more skill. I wished it kept the majority of d2 but fixed the bad things about d2 at the same time. D3 will be a totally new game because the developers look like they are a wing from WoW.

...DIII is going to be harder than DII ever was. First of all for PvM there is the inferno difficulty which comes after hell and then there is going to be the Arena, which is a fully functional PvP mode (that DII never had) which has potential to become an e-sport someday.

If you are judging how hard the game is going to be by what you have played in the beta then you are going to be in for a big surprise. I've read so many posts in various places with people saying, "The beta is too easy! The rest of the game is going to be easy too!" Its like dude you are playing on normal difficulty in the first part of the first act. Blizzard even doubled the damage of the monsters in the beta content in one of their patches. Give that argument a rest until you have actually played through the game on at least nightmare.

As someone mentioned earlier I really feel like some people want Diablo II with a new graphics engine and maybe a new GUI but that's it. Will you guys let Blizzard do their thing without cutting down everything that they do? Give it a chance and actually read about what they have done before cutting them down for the sake of cutting them down. And if you decide not to buy the game that is fine with me too. You're still entitled to your opinion but don't make uninformed posts that sway people not to buy the game as well.
Edited by Zulli85 - 3/25/12 at 12:01pm
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread