Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread - Page 172

post #1711 of 29804
And here's the real question: if you don't like the game, don't plan on buying it, and are pretty much just bashing it... why the bloody hells are you even posting in this thread? rolleyes.gif
post #1712 of 29804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchernobyl View Post

And here's the real question: if you don't like the game, don't plan on buying it, and are pretty much just bashing it... why the bloody hells are you even posting in this thread? rolleyes.gif

It says it's a discussion thread, not a butt kissing thread...
post #1713 of 29804
If you still think D3 will be a cakewalk, watch this:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4443593

Not saying this declares that it's more difficult than D2, but it will definitely be similar.

And quite frankly, I think anyone posting in this thread, even the naysayers will end up buying it because it's going to be THE game for a good while.
Woot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen 3 GTX 680 16gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120gb Intel 510 series ssd, 80gb Intel 320 seri... Asus dvdrw Corsair h80 + 9 case fans Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Razer Blackwidow PC P&C 950w Silencer Corsair 400r 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mamba 2012 Black Ultrasone 550's, X-fi Titanium HD  M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
Woot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen 3 GTX 680 16gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120gb Intel 510 series ssd, 80gb Intel 320 seri... Asus dvdrw Corsair h80 + 9 case fans Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Razer Blackwidow PC P&C 950w Silencer Corsair 400r 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mamba 2012 Black Ultrasone 550's, X-fi Titanium HD  M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1714 of 29804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom_Dave View Post

It says it's a discussion thread, not a butt kissing thread...

Phantom, I'm not trying to tell you that you can't voice your opinion. I do question what you're intent is with your posts though. You don't like that they took out PK'ing, ok I got that. You're disappointed because you don't think it'll be hard enough, ok I got that too. Anything else to discuss?

I personally think that from what I see in the D3 beta, it will be a great game. Will it eventually get old? Probably... but I'm pretty sure I'll play the crap out of it before then.
Edited by WBaS - 3/25/12 at 3:46pm
2017 Rig
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 ASUS Crosshair VI Hero Gigabyte Windforce OC GTX 1700 G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3200 (2x8GB) Model F4-320... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
MyDigitalSSD MDNVME80-BPX-0256 Phillips DVD Windows 10 AOC E2752VH 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K120 EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 Cooler Master CM-690 Razer Naga 2014 
  hide details  
Reply
2017 Rig
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 ASUS Crosshair VI Hero Gigabyte Windforce OC GTX 1700 G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3200 (2x8GB) Model F4-320... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
MyDigitalSSD MDNVME80-BPX-0256 Phillips DVD Windows 10 AOC E2752VH 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K120 EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 Cooler Master CM-690 Razer Naga 2014 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1715 of 29804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobotheklown View Post

If you still think D3 will be a cakewalk, watch this:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4443593
Not saying this declares that it's more difficult than D2, but it will definitely be similar.
And quite frankly, I think anyone posting in this thread, even the naysayers will end up buying it because it's going to be THE game for a good while.

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it.

My opinion is that while it may be great at first, it's not going to live as long as D2 because it doesn't have the replayability that D2 does. With D2 I used to have to make an entirely new character with different skills to utilize that new gear I just found, which I liked. Building a character for PvP was also different than PvM. There is no reason to make more than 1 of each class of character. Just swap gear and skills and you have your new build. That is my biggest gripe with the game.

Over 12 years and D2 is still on the store shelves. Time will tell. Anything else is just conjecture.
post #1716 of 29804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom_Dave View Post

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it.
My opinion is that while it may be great at first, it's not going to live as long as D2 because it doesn't have the replayability that D2 does. With D2 I used to have to make an entirely new character with different skills to utilize that new gear I just found, which I liked. Building a character for PvP was also different than PvM. There is no reason to make more than 1 of each class of character. Just swap gear and skills and you have your new build. That is my biggest gripe with the game.
Over 12 years and D2 is still on the store shelves. Time will tell. Anything else is just conjecture.

I agree with everything you said there.

No need to argue over parts of the game that we have little to no information on smile.gif
Woot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen 3 GTX 680 16gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120gb Intel 510 series ssd, 80gb Intel 320 seri... Asus dvdrw Corsair h80 + 9 case fans Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Razer Blackwidow PC P&C 950w Silencer Corsair 400r 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mamba 2012 Black Ultrasone 550's, X-fi Titanium HD  M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
Woot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen 3 GTX 680 16gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120gb Intel 510 series ssd, 80gb Intel 320 seri... Asus dvdrw Corsair h80 + 9 case fans Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Razer Blackwidow PC P&C 950w Silencer Corsair 400r 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mamba 2012 Black Ultrasone 550's, X-fi Titanium HD  M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1717 of 29804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom_Dave View Post

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it.
My opinion is that while it may be great at first, it's not going to live as long as D2 because it doesn't have the replayability that D2 does. With D2 I used to have to make an entirely new character with different skills to utilize that new gear I just found, which I liked. Building a character for PvP was also different than PvM. There is no reason to make more than 1 of each class of character. Just swap gear and skills and you have your new build. That is my biggest gripe with the game.
Over 12 years and D2 is still on the store shelves. Time will tell. Anything else is just conjecture.

Yeah I hear you there. I look back and think I enjoyed rolling new characters... but when I really think about it... all I did was get rushed until I was about level 85 or so. So I guess I didn't really like leveling. I just liked having a variety of characters.

With D3 you're plenty welcome to roll new characters. You say there is no reason to do it, but if that's what you really enjoyed doing, wouldn't you do it anyway?

Like you said... time will tell. However, I do think that Blizzard has a very experienced team with lots of money to work with, which will probably lead to a very good game.
2017 Rig
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 ASUS Crosshair VI Hero Gigabyte Windforce OC GTX 1700 G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3200 (2x8GB) Model F4-320... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
MyDigitalSSD MDNVME80-BPX-0256 Phillips DVD Windows 10 AOC E2752VH 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K120 EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 Cooler Master CM-690 Razer Naga 2014 
  hide details  
Reply
2017 Rig
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 ASUS Crosshair VI Hero Gigabyte Windforce OC GTX 1700 G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3200 (2x8GB) Model F4-320... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
MyDigitalSSD MDNVME80-BPX-0256 Phillips DVD Windows 10 AOC E2752VH 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K120 EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 Cooler Master CM-690 Razer Naga 2014 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1718 of 29804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom_Dave View Post

Even with that system, I still don't see people NOT switching skills for particular encounters.
Huh? You said D3 was going to be harder... It couldn't possibly be harder unless there are balance issues. You opened Pandora's box on that one.
Those weren't what I would call PKers. Someone who's dozens of levels above you in a public hardcore game should immediately raise a flag. If you got PKed by someone dozens of levels above you then you deserved it. Real PKers were around the same level as the people in the game...
You can't prove that they didn't... so saying they didn't is the same as saying they did. Doubling the damage of monsters in D3 has absolutely no bearing on the damage of monsters from D2. Maybe that doubling of the damage only brought the damage up to par with D2. Maybe it still isn't up to par. You can't prove it one way or the other.
The same is true for the length of the game. You can't prove it one way or the other. But judging from the beta that is the impression I get.
Once again, you said D3 is going to be harder than D2... I have seen nothing posted by Devs to imply that at all. They simply said it will get harder (since everyone thought it was too easy), not harder than D2... So saying it WILL be harder than D2 is false since there is no proof to imply otherwise.
Like you? How can you possibly know that D3 is going to be harder than D2? You can't, yet you say it is. Quit being a hypocrite.
Once again, I don't care who buys the damn game. I think it's a hatchet job and I have a right to voice my opinion. I have refrained from posting in your thread because my opinions are different than yours. But when you start spreading misinformation I'm not going to refrain any longer. If people decide not to buy the game because I correct your so-called facts then they should be grateful for not wasting their money. I have a right to voice my opinion. If you don't like it, then don't read it.

It can't be harder without balance issues...? They've been developing the game for seems like forever now and you are going to sit here and tell me that it has balance issues if the game is harder. Okay. I deserved to die by a Pker a dozen levels above my char in a game that I made...? What?

Where did I say that DIII is going to be harder than DII? I don't recall saying that (even if I did it doesn't matter) but one is to assume that the game will be. As you know DII has normal, nightmare, and hell difficulties. DIII has normal, nightmare,hell and inferno. Why in the world would it not be harder? You are just looking for ways to cut down the game and at this point you are grasping on to any tiny little detail that I say and misconstrue it into nonsense. What kind of logic would it be if Blizzard made a game with an additional difficulty but it wasn't any harder than the previous game? Also, your bit about me contradicting myself doesn't make any sense at all.

How am I possibly spreading misinformation? Because I may have implied that the game will be harder than DII? You really won't let that part go. Blizzard themselves have been implying that the game will be harder than DII in the inferno difficulty but for some reason I'm wrong for doing the same. I'm pretty sure that nearly everyone is under the assumption that it is going to be more difficult. You want proof? Fine. This is a video of people within Blizzard giving us an idea of how hard the game is. And you're upset with me implying that the game is harder..

"The group of us probably spent a good hour wiping on a single boss." Baal on hell difficulty in DII dies in about 10 seconds with a decent group of players. Also, you can only have 4 players at a time in DIII as opposed to 8 in DII. That alone forces you to play together instead of just blindly throwing your spells while you're waiting for the monsters to die.

Go ahead and try to convince people that I'm spreading misinformation. You're reading the other various posts, you can see that people are questioning what you are saying. The people here at OCN are smart enough to see through your posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom_Dave View Post

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it.
My opinion is that while it may be great at first, it's not going to live as long as D2 because it doesn't have the replayability that D2 does. With D2 I used to have to make an entirely new character with different skills to utilize that new gear I just found, which I liked. Building a character for PvP was also different than PvM. There is no reason to make more than 1 of each class of character. Just swap gear and skills and you have your new build. That is my biggest gripe with the game.
Over 12 years and D2 is still on the store shelves. Time will tell. Anything else is just conjecture.

FYI you can respec in DII now without creating a new character. Up to 3 times.
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1719 of 29804
If you want a difficult RPG, buy a PS3 and get demons souls tongue.gif.
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1720 of 29804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom_Dave View Post

It says it's a discussion thread, not a butt kissing thread...

It's also not a game bashing thread, which is what most of your posts ARE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom_Dave View Post

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it.
My opinion is that while it may be great at first, it's not going to live as long as D2 because it doesn't have the replayability that D2 does. With D2 I used to have to make an entirely new character with different skills to utilize that new gear I just found, which I liked. Building a character for PvP was also different than PvM. There is no reason to make more than 1 of each class of character. Just swap gear and skills and you have your new build. That is my biggest gripe with the game.
Over 12 years and D2 is still on the store shelves. Time will tell. Anything else is just conjecture.

Now this, however, is an excellent post. I can agree with the points made there.

I think, more than the game itself being different... the industry, the gamers, the culture and such has evolved since the days of D2. We didn't have many of the things we have now, the playerbase is different, etc etc. Remember, it wasn't just D2 on its own, it was the general state of gaming, computers, and a thousand different factors that made it what it is.

Will D3 match that? I agree, it's doubtful. Doesn't change the fact it'll still be an awesomely fun game (even from the little the beta shows). You're of course entitled to your opinion, but please don't just relentlessly bash it with little to no actual information for your "facts".

Your opinion, as posted above, is a good post. You express your opinion, why you think like you do, what you enjoyed, etc. It's worth reading. The rest? Conjecture, theory, suppositions until the game is actually released.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread