Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread - Page 173

post #1721 of 29764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulli85 View Post

It can't be harder without balance issues...? They've been developing the game for seems like forever now and you are going to sit here and tell me that it has balance issues if the game is harder. Okay. I deserved to die by a Pker a dozen levels above my char in a game that I made...? What?

Yes, an unbalanced game, hence unfair, is always going to be harder than a balanced game. That's why it's called unbalanced...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulli85 View Post

Where did I say that DIII is going to be harder than DII? I don't recall saying that (even if I did it doesn't matter) but one is to assume that the game will be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulli85 View Post

...DIII is going to be harder than DII ever was..

Short memory?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulli85 View Post

As you know DII has normal, nightmare, and hell difficulties. DIII has normal, nightmare,hell and inferno. Why in the world would it not be harder? You are just looking for ways to cut down the game and at this point you are grasping on to any tiny little detail that I say and misconstrue it into nonsense. What kind of logic would it be if Blizzard made a game with an additional difficulty but it wasn't any harder than the previous game? Also, your bit about me contradicting myself doesn't make any sense at all.

Yeah, that's why I'm here. Just to cut the game down. After more than a decade of playing D2 I'm here just to cut down D3... You are the one who's grasping. You can't even remember what you have said, or are trying to lie about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulli85 View Post

How am I possibly spreading misinformation? Because I may have implied that the game will be harder than DII? You really won't let that part go. Blizzard themselves have been implying that the game will be harder than DII in the inferno difficulty but for some reason I'm wrong for doing the same. I'm pretty sure that nearly everyone is under the assumption that it is going to be more difficult...

Go ahead and try to convince people that I'm spreading misinformation. You're reading the other various posts, you can see that people are questioning what you are saying. The people here at OCN are smart enough to see through your posts.

+1. Let them read and make up their own mind instead of you trying to make it up for them. You are assuming that everyone shares your opinions. I can assure you that not everyone does, me for one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulli85 View Post

FYI you can respec in DII now without creating a new character. Up to 3 times.

FYI that was not in the original game it was added in patch 1.13 (the very last patch to my knowledge and almost a decade after release). I also didn't care for that. But even still, it was limited to 3 times not infinite respecs. Get your facts straight.

Either way, you have lost any credibility with me and I'm not responding to your posts any longer since they make little sense. You can't even keep the argument in context. You keep going off on a tangent. I was referring to your post about the game being harder than D2, not the hardness of the game in general. The unbalanced gameplay of D2 was much harder than repeatedly wiping on a boss. They also repeatedly wiped because they weren't familiar with the strengths and weaknesses of said boss. I can assure you that once people get used to the game it will not seem hard either. What good is HC if it's next to impossible to fight a boss without dying? It's not... they just didn't know the fight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchernobyl View Post

It's also not a game bashing thread, which is what most of your posts ARE.

I'm not bashing the game, I'm voicing my opinion. If you see it as bashing then that's your issue. Really, what is the difference anyway? Saying anything negative or against the game could be considered bashing. It all depends on the point of view.
post #1722 of 29764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom_Dave View Post

Yes, an unbalanced game, hence unfair, is always going to be harder than a balanced game. That's why it's called unbalanced...
Short memory?
Yeah, that's why I'm here. Just to cut the game down. After more than a decade of playing D2 I'm here just to cut down D3... You are the one who's grasping. You can't even remember what you have said, or are trying to lie about it.
+1. Let them read and make up their own mind instead of you trying to make it up for them. You are assuming that everyone shares your opinions. I can assure you that not everyone does, me for one.

FYI that was not in the original game it was added in patch 1.13 (the very last patch to my knowledge and almost a decade after release). I also didn't care for that. But even still, it was limited to 3 times not infinite respecs. Get your facts straight.
Either way, you have lost any credibility with me and I'm not responding to your posts any longer since they make little sense. You can't even keep the argument in context. You keep going off on a tangent. I was referring to your post about the game being harder than D2, not the hardness of the game in general. The unbalanced gameplay of D2 was much harder than repeatedly wiping on a boss. They also repeatedly wiped because they weren't familiar with the strengths and weaknesses of said boss. I can assure you that once people get used to the game it will not seem hard either. What good is HC if it's next to impossible to fight a boss without dying? It's not... they just didn't know the fight...
I'm not bashing the game, I'm voicing my opinion. If you see it as bashing then that's your issue. Really, what is the difference anyway? Saying anything negative or against the game could be considered bashing. It all depends on the point of view.

It does seem like you are here just to cut the game down as that is all you have done to this point and someone else mentioned that all of your posts seem to bash games. I can't confirm the later though, of course, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were true.

All of my facts are straight. Your arguement is hinged on the fact that I forgot I said the game will be harder than DII. And if you didn't notice in my previous post I said that doesn't matter anyway. I didn't care to look or try to remember because it had no bearing on the conversation. And I am talking about the game being harder than DII. I quoted a line from that video, mentioned that Baal dies in 15 seconds in DII and that your party size can be a max of only 4 people. That is pretty obvious, no?

As far as respecing goes, I am fully aware it was implemented way later on. I just made a response to your other post which was merely meant to give you a small piece of information had you not known it prior. But somehow I was wrong about that because you told me to get my facts straight. Sigh, you're just not worth the effort anymore.

I'm glad you've decided not to reply to any more of my posts and I'm tired to replying to you as well. Somehow I'm the one grasping when I've posted irrefutable evidence to prove my points while your posts are based completely on your own opinions and thoughts on a game that none of us have fully played. Finally, you never had credibility from me for the reasons I have stated in these posts. Goodbye.
Edited by Zulli85 - 3/25/12 at 5:40pm
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1723 of 29764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom_Dave View Post

With D2 I used to have to make an entirely new character with different skills to utilize that new gear I just found, which I liked. Building a character for PvP was also different than PvM.

Yeah because making and lvling a new character took months right???
I remember making new characters and after about 4 hours of cow runs you would be somewhere in the lvl 70's......

And besides that what makes you stop making a new character for a different build? Only yourself right? If you wanted it so bad you could still do it.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5-2500k @ 4.5GHz ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Sapphire Tri-X R9 290X Sapphire HD 6950 2GB DiRT 3 Edition / Unlocked ... 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3-1600 CL9 Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB Samsung 830 256GB LG BH10LS30 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Thermalright Venomous-X Black Edition 2x Noiseblocker S-Series M12-P Windows 7 Ultimate x64 HP 2510i 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair vengeance K90 EVGA SuperNOVA P2 Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 3.5G 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5-2500k @ 4.5GHz ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Sapphire Tri-X R9 290X Sapphire HD 6950 2GB DiRT 3 Edition / Unlocked ... 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3-1600 CL9 Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB Samsung 830 256GB LG BH10LS30 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Thermalright Venomous-X Black Edition 2x Noiseblocker S-Series M12-P Windows 7 Ultimate x64 HP 2510i 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair vengeance K90 EVGA SuperNOVA P2 Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 3.5G 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1724 of 29764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuuut View Post

Yeah because making and lvling a new character took months right???
I remember making new characters and after about 4 hours of cow runs you would be somewhere in the lvl 70's......
And besides that what makes you stop making a new character for a different build? Only yourself right? If you wanted it so bad you could still do it.

Just because you cheated and power leveled doesn't mean everyone did. I used to play through all acts solo in hardcore, including hell. I did it because I liked the game and I dislike cheating. It takes away from the game.

You also missed the entire point... What's the point of making a new character if you don't have to? Did you ever make multiple Paladins on the same account in WoW (or any other class)? Why not? You could... How else are you going to triple spec? Oh that's right... respecs...

We'll see how well this game does in comparison to D2... Meanwhile I'll be playing GW2. Even a 5 year old can click a screen. It takes a little more knowledge to build a character. Even if that knowledge involves using Google to look up cookie-cutter builds, like I used to post.

This is my opinion. If you don't like it don't read it.
post #1725 of 29764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom_Dave View Post

This is my opinion. If you don't like it don't read it.

Wasn't this a discussion thread?? tongue.gif

Anyways everybody can have their own opinion including you. I just think you are jumping ship too fast by judging the full game already.

Time will tell i guess.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5-2500k @ 4.5GHz ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Sapphire Tri-X R9 290X Sapphire HD 6950 2GB DiRT 3 Edition / Unlocked ... 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3-1600 CL9 Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB Samsung 830 256GB LG BH10LS30 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Thermalright Venomous-X Black Edition 2x Noiseblocker S-Series M12-P Windows 7 Ultimate x64 HP 2510i 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair vengeance K90 EVGA SuperNOVA P2 Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 3.5G 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5-2500k @ 4.5GHz ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Sapphire Tri-X R9 290X Sapphire HD 6950 2GB DiRT 3 Edition / Unlocked ... 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3-1600 CL9 Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB Samsung 830 256GB LG BH10LS30 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Thermalright Venomous-X Black Edition 2x Noiseblocker S-Series M12-P Windows 7 Ultimate x64 HP 2510i 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair vengeance K90 EVGA SuperNOVA P2 Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 3.5G 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1726 of 29764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuuut View Post

Wasn't this a discussion thread?? tongue.gif
Anyways everybody can have their own opinion including you. I just think you are jumping ship too fast by judging the full game already.
Time will tell i guess.

I'm discussing. As long as people keep asking me questions I'm going to continue discussing.

Some things don't require the full game to know how it's going to be. Like the skills layout. I'm sure some will like it. I'm not one of them.

Yes, time will tell.
post #1727 of 29764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom_Dave View Post

This is my opinion. If you don't like it don't read it.
mandy%2Bp.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuuut View Post

Wasn't this a discussion thread?? tongue.gif
Anyways everybody can have their own opinion including you. I just think you are jumping ship too fast by judging the full game already.
Time will tell i guess.

There's opinion and then there's constant putting down of the game in near every single post you make. That takes it away from "opinion" into "bashing", and that's not a discussion anymore.

You think gw2 will do better? Fine, go and play it when it comes out. You think D3 won't do well? Fine, just don't repeat it in 50 bloody posts again and again, we heard you the first time.

edit: "you" as in phantom_dave tongue.gif
post #1728 of 29764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchernobyl View Post

mandy%2Bp.jpg
There's opinion and then there's constant putting down of the game in near every single post you make. That takes it away from "opinion" into "bashing", and that's not a discussion anymore.
You think gw2 will do better? Fine, go and play it when it comes out. You think D3 won't do well? Fine, just don't repeat it in 50 bloody posts again and again, we heard you the first time.
edit: "you" as in phantom_dave tongue.gif

Welcome to the blacklist. You have not discussed anything. You just keep ragging on me for voicing my opinion and because it happens to differ from yours. Keep blowing hot air I'm not going to read it. Report my posts... please.
post #1729 of 29764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom_Dave View Post

Welcome to the blacklist. You have not discussed anything. You just keep ragging on me for voicing my opinion and because it happens to differ from yours. Keep blowing hot air I'm not going to read it. Report my posts... please.

..the hell? You pretty much described exactly what YOU are doing o.O

Simply stated: you are bashing the game, every single post, and using "what you've seen" as your arguments, having (if I recall correctly) not even played the game in the first place. I personally think you're wrong, but as you say, you're entitled to that. Sure.

What I'm arguing against is that you're doing this in EVERY SINGLE POST YOU HAVE MADE IN THIS THREAD.

Like I said: say it once twice? Sure. We understand.

Repeatedly, every single time you make a post? No. You can dislike a game all you want, but you *are* bashing, in a discussion post. That's not discussing.

I don't think that you've made any posts worth reporting (unless the rules are much stricter than I think they are o.O), but I'm simply asking that you refrain from constantly bashing the game in a thread that is made for people to get informed and ENJOY the game. Want to argue against it, bash it? Fine, make a "we hate diablo 3" club post. Or something. I read this thread for information on the game, announcements, etc, not to see someone who has no plans of even buying it constantly bash it.
post #1730 of 29764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom_Dave View Post

Yes, an unbalanced game, hence unfair, is always going to be harder than a balanced game. That's why it's called unbalanced...

Hey could be wrong about this so tell me if i'm wrong.
Isn't this the point of having difficulty levels? Shifting the balance further towards the computer/AI on each difficulty so it gets harder? Meaning it becomes more unbalanced after each difficulty?

Or am i missing something in the discussion?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5-2500k @ 4.5GHz ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Sapphire Tri-X R9 290X Sapphire HD 6950 2GB DiRT 3 Edition / Unlocked ... 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3-1600 CL9 Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB Samsung 830 256GB LG BH10LS30 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Thermalright Venomous-X Black Edition 2x Noiseblocker S-Series M12-P Windows 7 Ultimate x64 HP 2510i 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair vengeance K90 EVGA SuperNOVA P2 Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 3.5G 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5-2500k @ 4.5GHz ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Sapphire Tri-X R9 290X Sapphire HD 6950 2GB DiRT 3 Edition / Unlocked ... 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3-1600 CL9 Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB Samsung 830 256GB LG BH10LS30 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Thermalright Venomous-X Black Edition 2x Noiseblocker S-Series M12-P Windows 7 Ultimate x64 HP 2510i 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair vengeance K90 EVGA SuperNOVA P2 Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 3.5G 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread