Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread - Page 178

post #1771 of 29766
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDeaL7 View Post

I hope not, one of the main reasons I stopped playing D2 was the lack of care to fix the economy and hacking. I hope it doesnt end up the same way as I have pre-ordered the Collectors Edition already!

Quite honestly, it can't end up the same way. If it does the economy will be so inflated and when real money is at stake for Blizzard, they BETTER upkeep it.
Woot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen 3 GTX 680 16gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120gb Intel 510 series ssd, 80gb Intel 320 seri... Asus dvdrw Corsair h80 + 9 case fans Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Razer Blackwidow PC P&C 950w Silencer Corsair 400r 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mamba 2012 Black Ultrasone 550's, X-fi Titanium HD  M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
Woot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen 3 GTX 680 16gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120gb Intel 510 series ssd, 80gb Intel 320 seri... Asus dvdrw Corsair h80 + 9 case fans Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Razer Blackwidow PC P&C 950w Silencer Corsair 400r 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mamba 2012 Black Ultrasone 550's, X-fi Titanium HD  M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1772 of 29766
Listen.

They can't even crack the game yet...the beta, you can spawn zombies, walk around, that is all.

That is after like 6 months, half a year, and they can't even get the beta to work properly.

Full release? Bah. No problem.

As for these hacks? Be alot harder, much like in WoW.
New rig
(9 items)
  
Reply
New rig
(9 items)
  
Reply
post #1773 of 29766
Saw that earlier tonight. There's always going to be people trying to hack but Blizzard has to have some serious anti-hack measures in place. The community will rage if hacking becomes rampant. They have to keep it under control because of the RMAH as well. Imagine spending a few bucks on some items and then seeing dupes all over the place shortly after. Or seeing those items drop in price rapidly because the market is flooded. It would reaalllyy compromise the quality of the game. Here is to hoping they'll have it under better control as compared to DII.
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1774 of 29766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulli85 View Post

Saw that earlier tonight. There's always going to be people trying to hack but Blizzard has to have some serious anti-hack measures in place. The community will rage if hacking becomes rampant. They have to keep it under control because of the RMAH as well. Imagine spending a few bucks on some items and then seeing dupes all over the place shortly after. Or seeing those items drop in price rapidly because the market is flooded. It would reaalllyy compromise the quality of the game. Here is to hoping they'll have it under better control as compared to DII.

I doubt there will be dupes, and if there will be they will be easily trackable. Since everything is stored on Blizzard servers i would think every item gets an unique id so its quite easy to spot dupers and get rid of the items.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5-2500k @ 4.5GHz ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Sapphire Tri-X R9 290X Sapphire HD 6950 2GB DiRT 3 Edition / Unlocked ... 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3-1600 CL9 Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB Samsung 830 256GB LG BH10LS30 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Thermalright Venomous-X Black Edition 2x Noiseblocker S-Series M12-P Windows 7 Ultimate x64 HP 2510i 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair vengeance K90 EVGA SuperNOVA P2 Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 3.5G 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5-2500k @ 4.5GHz ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Sapphire Tri-X R9 290X Sapphire HD 6950 2GB DiRT 3 Edition / Unlocked ... 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3-1600 CL9 Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB Samsung 830 256GB LG BH10LS30 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Thermalright Venomous-X Black Edition 2x Noiseblocker S-Series M12-P Windows 7 Ultimate x64 HP 2510i 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair vengeance K90 EVGA SuperNOVA P2 Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 3.5G 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1775 of 29766
Hacking Diablo III will be near to impossible. Mostly because the servers play a big role in major keyparts of the game, such as already mentioned that characters along with items are stored at their servers, and not localy. Mob spawning is also controlled by the servers, among other aspects.

In order to "hack" Diablo III, one would most likely need to set up an own private server. And even if one could do this, they'd have to make the software for the server to emulate what the Blizzard's servers do themselves. Which would also be a challange.

And if anyone were to hack it, making it possible to run on private servers - well then I personally won't worry about it as it won't affect the real community directly. + I doubt that they'll be able to run as smooth and well as it will on Blizzard's servers either. Suppose it can be compared to crappy WoW private servers if so.

And as kilbride says, the beta has not been cracked yet. It's been out for a long time. That alone is good proof that they're measures against hacking and piracy is working quite well.

Anyhow.. counting the days to when my social life in real life goes down to zero for some time! biggrin.gif Can't wait.. going to be epic! thumb.gif
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel® Core i7-3930K Processor OC@4.25Ghz ASUS RAMPAGE IV EXTREME/BF3, Socket-2011 HIS Radeon HD 7970 3GB GDDR5 x2 in CrossX Corsair XMS3 1866MHz 8GB Vengeance CL9 x2 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Western Digital Caviar® Black 250GB Western Digital Caviar® Green 250GB Seagate FreeAgent® GoFlex Desk 2TB ASUS BW-12B1LT, Blu-Ray Writer 
CoolingOSKeyboardPower
Corsair H100 Hydro Series Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Corsair Vengeance K60 Performance Corsair AX 1200W PSU 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Lian Li PC-V2120B Big Tower Razer Mamba 4G Gaming Mouse SteelSeries QCK 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel® Core i7-3930K Processor OC@4.25Ghz ASUS RAMPAGE IV EXTREME/BF3, Socket-2011 HIS Radeon HD 7970 3GB GDDR5 x2 in CrossX Corsair XMS3 1866MHz 8GB Vengeance CL9 x2 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Western Digital Caviar® Black 250GB Western Digital Caviar® Green 250GB Seagate FreeAgent® GoFlex Desk 2TB ASUS BW-12B1LT, Blu-Ray Writer 
CoolingOSKeyboardPower
Corsair H100 Hydro Series Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Corsair Vengeance K60 Performance Corsair AX 1200W PSU 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Lian Li PC-V2120B Big Tower Razer Mamba 4G Gaming Mouse SteelSeries QCK 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1776 of 29766
1 game that wont be getting pirated anytime in the near future. thumb.gif
My Rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2ghz Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z EVGA 580 Classified Ultra 4x 4GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
180GB Corsair Force GT 4x 2Tb Western Digital Caviar Black Pioneer BDR-206MBK Thermalright Silver Arrow 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 Ultimate 64bit Asus VK278Q Razer BlackWidow Ultimate OCZ ZX 850w 
CaseMouseAudio
DimasTech Bench Table Easy Dual V2.5 Razer DeathAdder Logitech G35 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2ghz Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z EVGA 580 Classified Ultra 4x 4GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
180GB Corsair Force GT 4x 2Tb Western Digital Caviar Black Pioneer BDR-206MBK Thermalright Silver Arrow 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 Ultimate 64bit Asus VK278Q Razer BlackWidow Ultimate OCZ ZX 850w 
CaseMouseAudio
DimasTech Bench Table Easy Dual V2.5 Razer DeathAdder Logitech G35 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1777 of 29766
I am eager to try a cookie cutter build. :3
Yeah yeah, you can tell me that I'm not original but there is a perverse pleasure to watch it all come together. smile.gif
Avarice
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K Asus P8P67 Pro MSI GTX560Ti Twin Frozr II 4Gb G.Skill RipJaws DDR3 1600Mhz CL9 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500Gb Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit BenQ E2220HD Logitech G110 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CoolerMaster Silent Pro M700 NZXT Tempest 410 Elite SteelSeries Ikari/Logitech G5 SteelSeries Qck Mass 
Audio
Audio Technica AD-300 
  hide details  
Reply
Avarice
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K Asus P8P67 Pro MSI GTX560Ti Twin Frozr II 4Gb G.Skill RipJaws DDR3 1600Mhz CL9 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500Gb Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit BenQ E2220HD Logitech G110 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CoolerMaster Silent Pro M700 NZXT Tempest 410 Elite SteelSeries Ikari/Logitech G5 SteelSeries Qck Mass 
Audio
Audio Technica AD-300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1778 of 29766
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianEx View Post

Hacking Diablo III will be near to impossible. Mostly because the servers play a big role in major keyparts of the game, such as already mentioned that characters along with items are stored at their servers, and not localy. Mob spawning is also controlled by the servers, among other aspects.
In order to "hack" Diablo III, one would most likely need to set up an own private server. And even if one could do this, they'd have to make the software for the server to emulate what the Blizzard's servers do themselves. Which would also be a challange.
And if anyone were to hack it, making it possible to run on private servers - well then I personally won't worry about it as it won't affect the real community directly. + I doubt that they'll be able to run as smooth and well as it will on Blizzard's servers either. Suppose it can be compared to crappy WoW private servers if so.
And as kilbride says, the beta has not been cracked yet. It's been out for a long time. That alone is good proof that they're measures against hacking and piracy is working quite well.
Anyhow.. counting the days to when my social life in real life goes down to zero for some time! biggrin.gif Can't wait.. going to be epic! thumb.gif

This. Also keep in mind that Warden and other anti-hack measures are not present in the beta so take this "news" with a truck full of salt. I just hope there aren't too many people out there that read one sentence of that post at incgamers and think that the game is already doomed because it is hackable.
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1779 of 29766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuuut View Post

I doubt there will be dupes, and if there will be they will be easily trackable. Since everything is stored on Blizzard servers i would think every item gets an unique id so its quite easy to spot dupers and get rid of the items.

That same system exists in diablo II tongue.gif. What they would do is dupe a bunch of cham runes, cube them up into a Zod, then sell the Zod in an item shop. Since the Zod was cubed, it got a legit unique ID and wouldn't ever poof. Also they would have tons of bots.

I might be in the minority here, but I actually love botting. Trading items in game or on JSP just ends up taking so much time you barely even play the game. I had just as much fun equipping my bot and changing up its runs to find different types of items as I did playing the game myself.

Although, since I wasn't really trading the items, I didn't impact the economy at all.
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1780 of 29766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy9000 View Post

That same system exists in diablo II tongue.gif. What they would do is dupe a bunch of cham runes, cube them up into a Zod, then sell the Zod in an item shop. Since the Zod was cubed, it got a legit unique ID and wouldn't ever poof. Also they would have tons of bots.
I might be in the minority here, but I actually love botting. Trading items in game or on JSP just ends up taking so much time you barely even play the game. I had just as much fun equipping my bot and changing up its runs to find different types of items as I did playing the game myself.
Although, since I wasn't really trading the items, I didn't impact the economy at all.

poke.gif
Woot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen 3 GTX 680 16gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120gb Intel 510 series ssd, 80gb Intel 320 seri... Asus dvdrw Corsair h80 + 9 case fans Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Razer Blackwidow PC P&C 950w Silencer Corsair 400r 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mamba 2012 Black Ultrasone 550's, X-fi Titanium HD  M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
Woot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen 3 GTX 680 16gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120gb Intel 510 series ssd, 80gb Intel 320 seri... Asus dvdrw Corsair h80 + 9 case fans Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Razer Blackwidow PC P&C 950w Silencer Corsair 400r 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mamba 2012 Black Ultrasone 550's, X-fi Titanium HD  M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread