Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread - Page 212

post #2111 of 29890
800k is a tiny amount short of 5 million
post #2112 of 29890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkilbride View Post

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/81021/starcraft-ii-hits-800000-pre-orders-in-the-americas/
A month before release.
And yes, it's PC only, but StarCraft II broke sales records as well and sold poorly in Korea. Diablo III is better here, in the west, so I imagine just in America, it'd reach 1 million pre-orders soon, and we must rememebr, even my link, vgchartz is an estimate, they say it right on the site. They have no Official data.

And you're still over 4 million off in your previous statement thumb.gif
Woot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen 3 GTX 680 16gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120gb Intel 510 series ssd, 80gb Intel 320 seri... Asus dvdrw Corsair h80 + 9 case fans Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Razer Blackwidow PC P&C 950w Silencer Corsair 400r 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mamba 2012 Black Ultrasone 550's, X-fi Titanium HD  M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
Woot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen 3 GTX 680 16gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120gb Intel 510 series ssd, 80gb Intel 320 seri... Asus dvdrw Corsair h80 + 9 case fans Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Razer Blackwidow PC P&C 950w Silencer Corsair 400r 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mamba 2012 Black Ultrasone 550's, X-fi Titanium HD  M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2113 of 29890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulli85 View Post

Just saw this on YT, going to watch it now.Edit - Apparently this video was filmed months ago but only got posted recently. Strange.

Zulli this is from the 10% unlock on the launch site.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4858724/Darkness_Falls_Heroes_Rise_10_Unlock-4_10_2012#blog

It was filmed feb 2011, and I didn't realize this until about half way through lol.

Talking about how skill animations aren't finished and such, had me confused redface.gif
Woot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen 3 GTX 680 16gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120gb Intel 510 series ssd, 80gb Intel 320 seri... Asus dvdrw Corsair h80 + 9 case fans Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Razer Blackwidow PC P&C 950w Silencer Corsair 400r 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mamba 2012 Black Ultrasone 550's, X-fi Titanium HD  M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
Woot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen 3 GTX 680 16gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120gb Intel 510 series ssd, 80gb Intel 320 seri... Asus dvdrw Corsair h80 + 9 case fans Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Razer Blackwidow PC P&C 950w Silencer Corsair 400r 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mamba 2012 Black Ultrasone 550's, X-fi Titanium HD  M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2114 of 29890
Quote:
Originally Posted by waylo88 View Post

That said, piracy is much more of a factor in foreign markets as well. Also, I'd imagine people in Asia are more likely to play at a LAN cafe than pre-order.

Except B.Net is required to play the game at all times. Meaning your account/cdkey has to be verified before playing. Piracy means nothing if the only way to play is through B.net.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobotheklown View Post

Zulli this is from the 10% unlock on the launch site.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4858724/Darkness_Falls_Heroes_Rise_10_Unlock-4_10_2012#blog
It was filmed feb 2011, and I didn't realize this until about half way through lol.
Talking about how skill animations aren't finished and such, had me confused redface.gif

Oh, well that makes sense then. I also realized about half way through that this is old stuff.
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2115 of 29890
Also here is an update from inc.gamers.
http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/tell-your-family-tell-your-friends

It includes the 10 unlocks that have been datamined, (just names and descriptions, not the actual content)

Minor spoiler alert..
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
0% — April 5, 2012. Reveal page goes live.

10% — Developer Diary I, April 10.
Game Director Jay Wilson, Art Director Christian Lichtner, and Lead Software Engineer Jason Regier sat down last spring to discuss the state of Diablo III development in this exclusive first video installment of Developer Diaries.

20% — Diablo III: Book of Cain, April 14(ish)
The following comes from the bloodstained pages of Deckard Cain’s own illustrated journal, Book of Cain. Brimming with forgotten knowledge, this tome puts forth the histories of Sanctuary and realms beyond in an attempt to forestall the End of Days.

30% — Developer Diary II, April 18(ish)
(No details yet revealed.)

40% — Developer Diary III, April 22(ish)
On May 3, 2011, Jay Wilson, Christian Lichtner, and Jason Regier reconvened to discuss some of their biggest challenges going into the Diablo III testing and localization phases in this third video installment of Developer Diaries.

50% — BlizzCast 17, April 26(ish)
Our own Rob Simpson talks Diablo III item, quest, and sound design with Senior Designer Jason Bender, Senior Sound Designer Kris Giampa, and Lead Content Designer Kevin Martens. What are the best ways to capture the sound of bones breaking? Find out in this BlizzCast 17 video exclusive.

60% — Diablo III: The Order, April 30(ish)
Explore this chilling excerpt from The Order, an upcoming novel recounting Deckard Cain’s struggles against the forces of evil alongside his mysterious young charge, Leah. This story takes place years before the events of Diablo III.

70% — Developer Diary IV, May 3(ish)
With internal testing complete and the game launch rapidly approaching, Jay Wilson, Christian Lichtner, and Jason Regier share what they’ve learned over the course of Diablo III’s development, how they’ll spend their time after the game releases, and final thoughts they’d like to leave you with in this fourth video installment of Developer Diaries.
Developer Diary V

80% — DEV DIARY V NEEDS COPY FROM BLIZZARD, May 7(ish)

90% — Class Wallpapers, May 10(ish)
Congratulations! Your actions yield for you new treasures of true artistry. Choose any of the desktop wallpapers here to champion your favorite hero.

100% — Diablo: Wrath, May 14(ish)
Long before the creation of Sanctuary, the Eternal Conflict between angels and demons raged on for untold millennia. Blizzard Entertainment teamed up with renowned director Peter Chung and acclaimed animation studio Titmouse to create this unique vision of a fundamental moment in the battle between the High Heavens and the Burning Hells.

I'm very curious about the last on in the list. Should be pretty sweet! thumb.gif
Woot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen 3 GTX 680 16gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120gb Intel 510 series ssd, 80gb Intel 320 seri... Asus dvdrw Corsair h80 + 9 case fans Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Razer Blackwidow PC P&C 950w Silencer Corsair 400r 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mamba 2012 Black Ultrasone 550's, X-fi Titanium HD  M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
Woot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen 3 GTX 680 16gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120gb Intel 510 series ssd, 80gb Intel 320 seri... Asus dvdrw Corsair h80 + 9 case fans Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Razer Blackwidow PC P&C 950w Silencer Corsair 400r 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mamba 2012 Black Ultrasone 550's, X-fi Titanium HD  M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2116 of 29890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulli85 View Post

Except B.Net is required to play the game at all times. Meaning your account/cdkey has to be verified before playing. Piracy means nothing if the only way to play is through B.net.
Oh, well that makes sense then. I also realized about half way through that this is old stuff.

You know someone will figure out a way around B.Net. I'm not condoning it, but in the age we live in it's inevitable.
KOKAYNE DAWKiNS
(16 items)
 
  
Reply
KOKAYNE DAWKiNS
(16 items)
 
  
Reply
post #2117 of 29890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulli85 View Post

Except B.Net is required to play the game at all times. Meaning your account/cdkey has to be verified before playing. Piracy means nothing if the only way to play is through B.net.
Oh, well that makes sense then. I also realized about half way through that this is old stuff.

As someone who's set up a private diablo II server, I can guarantee that will not stop a single pirate. Worst case scenario is people will have to connect to private servers- I bet there will be cracks that just skip the check all together though.
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2118 of 29890
Haha.

Wow

How do people still not get this?

They won't just find a way around it.

They will have to create a emulator for Diablo III. Much like a MMORPG Server emulator. Blizzard keeps AI, item drops, characters, monsters, ect, all server side, instead of client side like in Diablo II. It's essentially using a MMORPG like system for a ARPG.

The beta has been out for like half a year now; so far pirates have been able to...create a character...walk around town(not talk to anyone who initiate any quests), and spawn zombies(but not attack them)

So that's 6 months for the beta which has -no- protection.

It will be cracked, that is the nature of piracy.

But like most MMORPG server emulators, it will be very poor at the start; there will be very small communities, and it won't really feel that well compared to Diablo III. It'll require donations to keep a server going just like MMORPG server websites do; not alot of people will be to happy with that, one justification is that it's always cheaper on private servers...but 60$, one time buy, VS say, 5$ every month...then yeah, by the end of a year, you'll have paid for Diablo III...but not own a real copy. Plus, most MMO emulated servers suck. They either increase XP, drop rates, or flat-out sell the best items in the game, and some idiot buys it...or they just start putting in custom content, and then half the normal games content doesn't work.


Yes, Diablo III will be pirated....but not to the joy of anyone, I imagine. There have been games requiring emulators that aren't MMORPG's before; but those were ones that merely performed server checks.

Unlike those, Diablo III keeps -alot- of content server side, which crackers will need to first steal and download from Blizzard's 256bit encryption, not an easy task, but can be done. But they'll have to do that everytime new updates or expansions come out.

It will simply be a vastly inferior game, broken and deserted. Very few will play it. I imagine many will pirate it and realize it sucks...then buy the real game. So it works for Blizzard, I think.
New rig
(9 items)
  
Reply
New rig
(9 items)
  
Reply
post #2119 of 29890
Quote:
Originally Posted by waylo88 View Post

You know someone will figure out a way around B.Net. I'm not condoning it, but in the age we live in it's inevitable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy9000 View Post

As someone who's set up a private diablo II server, I can guarantee that will not stop a single pirate. Worst case scenario is people will have to connect to private servers- I bet there will be cracks that just skip the check all together though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkilbride View Post

Haha.
Wow
How do people still not get this?
They won't just find a way around it.
They will have to create a emulator for Diablo III. Much like a MMORPG Server emulator. Blizzard keeps AI, item drops, characters, monsters, ect, all server side, instead of client side like in Diablo II. It's essentially using a MMORPG like system for a ARPG.
The beta has been out for like half a year now; so far pirates have been able to...create a character...walk around town(not talk to anyone who initiate any quests), and spawn zombies(but not attack them)
So that's 6 months for the beta which has -no- protection.
It will be cracked, that is the nature of piracy.
But like most MMORPG server emulators, it will be very poor at the start; there will be very small communities, and it won't really feel that well compared to Diablo III. It'll require donations to keep a server going just like MMORPG server websites do; not alot of people will be to happy with that, one justification is that it's always cheaper on private servers...but 60$, one time buy, VS say, 5$ every month...then yeah, by the end of a year, you'll have paid for Diablo III...but not own a real copy. Plus, most MMO emulated servers suck. They either increase XP, drop rates, or flat-out sell the best items in the game, and some idiot buys it...or they just start putting in custom content, and then half the normal games content doesn't work.
Yes, Diablo III will be pirated....but not to the joy of anyone, I imagine. There have been games requiring emulators that aren't MMORPG's before; but those were ones that merely performed server checks.
Unlike those, Diablo III keeps -alot- of content server side, which crackers will need to first steal and download from Blizzard's 256bit encryption, not an easy task, but can be done. But they'll have to do that everytime new updates or expansions come out.
It will simply be a vastly inferior game, broken and deserted. Very few will play it. I imagine many will pirate it and realize it sucks...then buy the real game. So it works for Blizzard, I think.

I am aware that there will probably be cracks but it won't bother me any if they can only play on private servers. I'm hoping Blizzard is going to be aggressive, have robust protection and patch the game frequently whenever hack/cracks are discovered.
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2120 of 29890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulli85 View Post

I am aware that there will probably be cracks but it won't bother me any if they can only play on private servers. I'm hoping Blizzard is going to be aggressive, have robust protection and patch the game frequently whenever hack/cracks are discovered.

I don't think it would bother me even if they had a perfectly playable version on a private server. I want to support Blizz with my CE money so they can keep this franchise alive thumb.gif
Woot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen 3 GTX 680 16gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120gb Intel 510 series ssd, 80gb Intel 320 seri... Asus dvdrw Corsair h80 + 9 case fans Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Razer Blackwidow PC P&C 950w Silencer Corsair 400r 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mamba 2012 Black Ultrasone 550's, X-fi Titanium HD  M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
Woot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen 3 GTX 680 16gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120gb Intel 510 series ssd, 80gb Intel 320 seri... Asus dvdrw Corsair h80 + 9 case fans Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Razer Blackwidow PC P&C 950w Silencer Corsair 400r 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mamba 2012 Black Ultrasone 550's, X-fi Titanium HD  M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread