Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread - Page 284

post #2831 of 29773
JSP has the advantage of pure speed/efficiency. Sure troll potential is high (look at the Computer Hardware section - it's worse than Team Liquid); and sure there's risk of getting scammed. But despite all that, it is the fastest way to trade. Look at the draconian measures (irony) that you have to deal with trading on Dii.net. I remember, because apart from your basic uniques/set items, it was just far more efficient to go to jsp. Post limits, mule account trades = serious lol at that.

As for the big board ranking, behind only 4chan and above IGN; that's impressive.
Main
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670K @ 4.7Ghz [1.284v] Z87X-UD4H [F7] MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 2x4GB Samsung MV-3V4G3; 10-10-10-28 @ 2133Mhz [... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
1x Samsung 850 Pro 256GB 1x Crucial M500 960GB 1x WD4003FZEX 1x WD30EFRX 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
NH-D14 3x A15s @ 600RPM 2x Phanteks F140SP BBK (front), SFF21E (bottom) Win 10 Pro x64 Catleap 2B @ 119hz +1 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
U3014 eVGA 750G2 Fractal R5 - Blackout Edition MS WMO 1.1a 
Mouse PadAudio
fUnc 1030 Creative Sound Blaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
Main
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670K @ 4.7Ghz [1.284v] Z87X-UD4H [F7] MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 2x4GB Samsung MV-3V4G3; 10-10-10-28 @ 2133Mhz [... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
1x Samsung 850 Pro 256GB 1x Crucial M500 960GB 1x WD4003FZEX 1x WD30EFRX 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
NH-D14 3x A15s @ 600RPM 2x Phanteks F140SP BBK (front), SFF21E (bottom) Win 10 Pro x64 Catleap 2B @ 119hz +1 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
U3014 eVGA 750G2 Fractal R5 - Blackout Edition MS WMO 1.1a 
Mouse PadAudio
fUnc 1030 Creative Sound Blaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2832 of 29773
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav451 View Post

JSP has the advantage of pure speed/efficiency. Sure troll potential is high (look at the Computer Hardware section - it's worse than Team Liquid); and sure there's risk of getting scammed. But despite all that, it is the fastest way to trade. Look at the draconian measures (irony) that you have to deal with trading on Dii.net. I remember, because apart from your basic uniques/set items, it was just far more efficient to go to jsp. Post limits, mule account trades = serious lol at that.
As for the big board ranking, behind only 4chan and above IGN; that's impressive.

Well just trade with reputable people that have a high post count and have been a member of the forum for a long time. Still a chance to be scammed but if you know what you are doing it shouldn't happen. You can trade computer hardware at JSP..?
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2833 of 29773
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav451 View Post

JSP has the advantage of pure speed/efficiency. Sure troll potential is high (look at the Computer Hardware section - it's worse than Team Liquid); and sure there's risk of getting scammed. But despite all that, it is the fastest way to trade. Look at the draconian measures (irony) that you have to deal with trading on Dii.net. I remember, because apart from your basic uniques/set items, it was just far more efficient to go to jsp. Post limits, mule account trades = serious lol at that.
As for the big board ranking, behind only 4chan and above IGN; that's impressive.

Trading in d2 is almost impossible. It takes literally hours before you find someone who has something you sort of want that is worth relatively what your items are. I tried to not use JSP for awhile since I didn't want to bother with it, but pretty much everyone I met trying to trade in game was just trying to lowball me so they could sell my stuff on jsp themselves lol. Having a common currency just makes so much more sense. I know people try to use high runes, but the value on those fluctuates too often.
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2834 of 29773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulli85 View Post

Well just trade with reputable people that have a high post count and have been a member of the forum for a long time. Still a chance to be scammed but if you know what you are doing it shouldn't happen. You can trade computer hardware at JSP..?

Hahah I meant the forum section on JSP. Let's just say any OCN regular would be smart enough to see through the crap advice given out. The most respective poster on jsp (for computer hardware) is someone who thinks PCP&C is the end-all, be-all PSU of choice. I.e., someone who read Maximum PC in early 2000's and still thinks it's true, heheh.

And to answer your question on trading - I've been a member for a while, so I'm well aware of how it works (which is why I recommend it over all other alternatives).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy9000 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav451 View Post

JSP has the advantage of pure speed/efficiency. Sure troll potential is high (look at the Computer Hardware section - it's worse than Team Liquid); and sure there's risk of getting scammed. But despite all that, it is the fastest way to trade. Look at the draconian measures (irony) that you have to deal with trading on Dii.net. I remember, because apart from your basic uniques/set items, it was just far more efficient to go to jsp. Post limits, mule account trades = serious lol at that.
As for the big board ranking, behind only 4chan and above IGN; that's impressive.

Trading in d2 is almost impossible. It takes literally hours before you find someone who has something you sort of want that is worth relatively what your items are. I tried to not use JSP for awhile since I didn't want to bother with it, but pretty much everyone I met trying to trade in game was just trying to lowball me so they could sell my stuff on jsp themselves lol. Having a common currency just makes so much more sense. I know people try to use high runes, but the value on those fluctuates too often.

Yeah this is exactly the reason I used JSP over in-game or dii.net.
Actual IGG is at an odd-place. If you've tried selling magical items in the beta, I've noticed you are getting a terrible return (if you were hoping on picking up all magical items and selling for gold). I wonder if this is an attempt to increase scarcity of gold in D3 (compared to D2). Not that I mind, this is required if the gold AH is to have any success at all. But yeah...still curious on how it'll shake out .
Main
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670K @ 4.7Ghz [1.284v] Z87X-UD4H [F7] MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 2x4GB Samsung MV-3V4G3; 10-10-10-28 @ 2133Mhz [... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
1x Samsung 850 Pro 256GB 1x Crucial M500 960GB 1x WD4003FZEX 1x WD30EFRX 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
NH-D14 3x A15s @ 600RPM 2x Phanteks F140SP BBK (front), SFF21E (bottom) Win 10 Pro x64 Catleap 2B @ 119hz +1 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
U3014 eVGA 750G2 Fractal R5 - Blackout Edition MS WMO 1.1a 
Mouse PadAudio
fUnc 1030 Creative Sound Blaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
Main
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670K @ 4.7Ghz [1.284v] Z87X-UD4H [F7] MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 2x4GB Samsung MV-3V4G3; 10-10-10-28 @ 2133Mhz [... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
1x Samsung 850 Pro 256GB 1x Crucial M500 960GB 1x WD4003FZEX 1x WD30EFRX 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
NH-D14 3x A15s @ 600RPM 2x Phanteks F140SP BBK (front), SFF21E (bottom) Win 10 Pro x64 Catleap 2B @ 119hz +1 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
U3014 eVGA 750G2 Fractal R5 - Blackout Edition MS WMO 1.1a 
Mouse PadAudio
fUnc 1030 Creative Sound Blaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2835 of 29773
Word. I've read that some of the devs feel that gold is extremely important and that they never have enough of it. It should have some actual value unlike DII. I noticed the same thing though, that magical items don't give much gold in the beta.
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2836 of 29773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulli85 View Post

Word. I've read that some of the devs feel that gold is extremely important and that they never have enough of it. It should have some actual value unlike DII. I noticed the same thing though, that magical items don't give much gold in the beta.

I'm sure a month or two after the game is out and everyone has their stash and crafters maxed, gold will become more common. Unless people really do end up crafting the 160k gold recipes often, then it may get pretty crazy.
Woot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen 3 GTX 680 16gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120gb Intel 510 series ssd, 80gb Intel 320 seri... Asus dvdrw Corsair h80 + 9 case fans Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Razer Blackwidow PC P&C 950w Silencer Corsair 400r 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mamba 2012 Black Ultrasone 550's, X-fi Titanium HD  M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
Woot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen 3 GTX 680 16gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120gb Intel 510 series ssd, 80gb Intel 320 seri... Asus dvdrw Corsair h80 + 9 case fans Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Razer Blackwidow PC P&C 950w Silencer Corsair 400r 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mamba 2012 Black Ultrasone 550's, X-fi Titanium HD  M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2837 of 29773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulli85 View Post

Word. I've read that some of the devs feel that gold is extremely important and that they never have enough of it. It should have some actual value unlike DII. I noticed the same thing though, that magical items don't give much gold in the beta.

More to the point, I think I have a few items with +%GF mods (let's say 25% total). I've found that just picking up gold is going to be more lucrative then selling the 7-12 items you can pick up per SK run. If you consider how many times you see gold drop vs. the number of magical items you pick up; I mean people already created GF characters in D2 (when there wasn't scarcity), so I'm curious to see how it'll shake out when it's all said and done.

And I know it's not wise to judge IGG in terms of fg value pre-release, but it is something else (people usually buy say, 25K, 50K, or 100K IGG). As a spot of reference, I normally stay around 13-20K range. That said scarcity doesn't guarantee that gold is automatically seen as valuable; I ask myself - is IGG considered 'valuable' enough that you would sell VERY good items for it?

I wouldn't be opposed to say, buying a requisite set item (i.e. something like Tal's set items in D2), or your basic unique (e.g. whatever D3's shako is), but you know? Where is the "true" value of gold in D3?
Main
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670K @ 4.7Ghz [1.284v] Z87X-UD4H [F7] MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 2x4GB Samsung MV-3V4G3; 10-10-10-28 @ 2133Mhz [... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
1x Samsung 850 Pro 256GB 1x Crucial M500 960GB 1x WD4003FZEX 1x WD30EFRX 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
NH-D14 3x A15s @ 600RPM 2x Phanteks F140SP BBK (front), SFF21E (bottom) Win 10 Pro x64 Catleap 2B @ 119hz +1 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
U3014 eVGA 750G2 Fractal R5 - Blackout Edition MS WMO 1.1a 
Mouse PadAudio
fUnc 1030 Creative Sound Blaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
Main
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670K @ 4.7Ghz [1.284v] Z87X-UD4H [F7] MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 2x4GB Samsung MV-3V4G3; 10-10-10-28 @ 2133Mhz [... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
1x Samsung 850 Pro 256GB 1x Crucial M500 960GB 1x WD4003FZEX 1x WD30EFRX 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
NH-D14 3x A15s @ 600RPM 2x Phanteks F140SP BBK (front), SFF21E (bottom) Win 10 Pro x64 Catleap 2B @ 119hz +1 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
U3014 eVGA 750G2 Fractal R5 - Blackout Edition MS WMO 1.1a 
Mouse PadAudio
fUnc 1030 Creative Sound Blaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2838 of 29773
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav451 View Post

More to the point, I think I have a few items with +%GF mods (let's say 25% total). I've found that just picking up gold is going to be more lucrative then selling the 7-12 items you can pick up per SK run. If you consider how many times you see gold drop vs. the number of magical items you pick up; I mean people already created GF characters in D2 (when there wasn't scarcity), so I'm curious to see how it'll shake out when it's all said and done.
And I know it's not wise to judge IGG in terms of fg value pre-release, but it is something else (people usually buy say, 25K, 50K, or 100K IGG). As a spot of reference, I normally stay around 13-20K range. That said scarcity doesn't guarantee that gold is automatically seen as valuable; I ask myself - is IGG considered 'valuable' enough that you would sell VERY good items for it?
I wouldn't be opposed to say, buying a requisite set item (i.e. something like Tal's set items in D2), or your basic unique (e.g. whatever D3's shako is), but you know? Where is the "true" value of gold in D3?

Well doing normal SK I'm not surprised it wouldn't be as effective to sell the 7-12 magical items that you find. That isn't to say that it won't be as effective as you progress through the game.

I'm not saying gold will be scarce, what I'm saying is according to the devs you are going to need a lot of it and can never have enough. It has to have at least some value, there is a gold auction house after all.

According to D3Markets 425 gold is the equivalent of $1 USD. Keep in mind this pertains to the beta. When the game is released I expect it to have a high value in terms of dollars and then gradually go down as time goes on.

http://diablo3markets.incgamers.com/
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2839 of 29773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulli85 View Post

Well doing normal SK I'm not surprised it wouldn't be as effective to sell the 7-12 magical items that you find. That isn't to say that it won't be as effective as you progress through the game.
I'm not saying gold will be scarce, what I'm saying is according to the devs you are going to need a lot of it and can never have enough. It has to have at least some value, there is a gold auction house after all.
According to D3Markets 425 gold is the equivalent of $1 USD. Keep in mind this pertains to the beta. When the game is released I expect it to have a high value in terms of dollars and then gradually go down as time goes on.
http://diablo3markets.incgamers.com/

What?! 425g to the dollar there's no way! I have like 30k in beta. There's no way about 8 hours of playing it going to net you $70 worth of gold.

The beta amount is screwy because the real life money was not actually people dishing out cash. My best is around launch it will be 10k/$1.
Woot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen 3 GTX 680 16gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120gb Intel 510 series ssd, 80gb Intel 320 seri... Asus dvdrw Corsair h80 + 9 case fans Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Razer Blackwidow PC P&C 950w Silencer Corsair 400r 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mamba 2012 Black Ultrasone 550's, X-fi Titanium HD  M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
Woot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen 3 GTX 680 16gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120gb Intel 510 series ssd, 80gb Intel 320 seri... Asus dvdrw Corsair h80 + 9 case fans Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Razer Blackwidow PC P&C 950w Silencer Corsair 400r 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mamba 2012 Black Ultrasone 550's, X-fi Titanium HD  M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2840 of 29773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobotheklown View Post

What?! 425g to the dollar there's no way! I have like 30k in beta. There's no way about 8 hours of playing it going to net you $70 worth of gold.
The beta amount is screwy because the real life money was not actually people dishing out cash. My best is around launch it will be 10k/$1.

Am I not understanding it correctly? That is what the website says. Take it with a grain of salt though, it is just beta.
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread