Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread - Page 305

post #3041 of 29755
I will be playing from minute 1 smile.gif
However if there's something I've learned from open beta, then it's not to allow randoms into my party. I accidentally unlocked my game and it instantly spawned 3 other players in my dungeon who just ran in their own direction, not caring about playing together which pissed the crap out of me as I explore every corner and them killing mobs so far away from me made me lose xp.
So, once I start playing, my game will be locked from public for at least first 2 difficulties. I will only allow bnet friends.
I do think this will be fixed on Hell and Inferno difficulties as running around like headless chicken in a 4 man game will get those people killed.

Also, I don't mind RMAH. I am one of those people who spend real money even on F2P games, for instance, in Heroes of Newerth I once spent over $140 in a day, Diablo 3 will at least give me a chance to earn some cash myself. I don't plan to farm to get rich, but I probably will buy some item from RMAH if it's cheap enough and I think it's a big upgrade for me, while later on I might get lucky and get a fat drop and earn that cash back.
Edited by Nebel - 5/2/12 at 12:31pm
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 D0 @ 3.79ghz HT on Rampage II GENE Gainward GTX570 @ 850/2100 OCZ Gold 12gb @ 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Corsair Force F120 + 2x640gb WD black raid0 Windows 7 Samsung T260HD + Asus 23" Cooler Master 700W 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 D0 @ 3.79ghz HT on Rampage II GENE Gainward GTX570 @ 850/2100 OCZ Gold 12gb @ 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Corsair Force F120 + 2x640gb WD black raid0 Windows 7 Samsung T260HD + Asus 23" Cooler Master 700W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3042 of 29755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulli85 View Post

Pretty sure producing a DIII CE has little to no impact on the environment. Really don't know why you care. Someone else is going to buy it if I don't and if not it will sit on the shelves anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobotheklown View Post

It started at 10:30 PST. https://twitter.com/#!/Bashiok/status/197704181476376576
Unfortunately this is one of the main focuses being taught in schools today, we're going to run out of everything and kill the earth. rolleyes.gif
Nothing wrong with recycling and saving materials and such, but not buying a plastic video game box? C'mon now..

Now now guys, First thing you need to realize is my location tag. I'm obligated to hug every tree I pass, this makes hiking quite difficult and unproductive, but I think they like the attention. But seriously, I'm not about to pummel you with a recycling bin. All I'm saying is that if they did not need to produce XXXXXXX copies of a video game, and it was all digital, it would be better for everyone. Not producing a physical copy may not make THAT big of a difference. But it does make A difference. I myself don't think we are going to run out of anything any time soon. period. However what is the point of collecting random insignificant pieces of trash that could have just not been produced in the first place? I think if anything they should only produce the CE. That way it is truly a collector and everyone else is forced to the digital copy. But for now that would mean loosing sales, in the future, not so much.
post #3043 of 29755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulli85 View Post

Ohh thanks for the update. Was looking for a forum post but couldn't find anything concrete. Definitely going to play the ladder reset a good bit before the 15th. Gonna make a meteor/fireball sorc.

Meteor is so much fun to use (until it feels like EVERYTHING is immune to fire). I am just glad they fixed D3 so there are no immunes anymore. Sure things might have 95% resistance, but its not immune!
Second Wife
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz... ASRock Z68 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 SAPPHIRE 11196-02-40G Radeon HD 7950 3GB G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 720...  CORSAIR H80  Win 7 ASUS MT276HE Black 27" 
PowerCaseOther
XFX Black Edition XPS-850W-BES 850W  Fractal Design Arc Midi Black Akasa 140mm x 25mm Apache Black Case Fans 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Wife
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz... ASRock Z68 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 SAPPHIRE 11196-02-40G Radeon HD 7950 3GB G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 720...  CORSAIR H80  Win 7 ASUS MT276HE Black 27" 
PowerCaseOther
XFX Black Edition XPS-850W-BES 850W  Fractal Design Arc Midi Black Akasa 140mm x 25mm Apache Black Case Fans 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3044 of 29755
I personally like the challenge being immune brought to the game, although it get mighty annoying at some parts depending on your class... rolleyes.gif
post #3045 of 29755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtl View Post

Meteor is so much fun to use (until it feels like EVERYTHING is immune to fire). I am just glad they fixed D3 so there are no immunes anymore. Sure things might have 95% resistance, but its not immune!

Yeah it is. I'm playing with two other friends, one of which is making a blizzard/frozen orb sorc so I'll be fine in that department. smile.gif
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3046 of 29755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebel View Post

I will be playing from minute 1 smile.gif
However if there's something I've learned from open beta, then it's not to allow randoms into my party. I accidentally unlocked my game and it instantly spawned 3 other players in my dungeon who just ran in their own direction, not caring about playing together which pissed the crap out of me as I explore every corner and them killing mobs so far away from me made me lose xp.
So, once I start playing, my game will be locked from public for at least first 2 difficulties. I will only allow bnet friends.
I do think this will be fixed on Hell and Inferno difficulties as running around like headless chicken in a 4 man game will get those people killed.
Also, I don't mind RMAH. I am one of those people who spend real money even on F2P games, for instance, in Heroes of Newerth I once spent over $140 in a day, Diablo 3 will at least give me a chance to earn some cash myself. I don't plan to farm to get rich, but I probably will buy some item from RMAH if it's cheap enough and I think it's a big upgrade for me, while later on I might get lucky and get a fat drop and earn that cash back.

Holy cats man, $150 in one day on HoN? At one point I had all the avatars I wanted just by using silver coins D: And I agree about public games. I don't think I'll even participate in them, at least not for years after launch. No reason to imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Hairy_Yak View Post

Now now guys, First thing you need to realize is my location tag. I'm obligated to hug every tree I pass, this makes hiking quite difficult and unproductive, but I think they like the attention. But seriously, I'm not about to pummel you with a recycling bin. All I'm saying is that if they did not need to produce XXXXXXX copies of a video game, and it was all digital, it would be better for everyone. Not producing a physical copy may not make THAT big of a difference. But it does make A difference. I myself don't think we are going to run out of anything any time soon. period. However what is the point of collecting random insignificant pieces of trash that could have just not been produced in the first place? I think if anything they should only produce the CE. That way it is truly a collector and everyone else is forced to the digital copy. But for now that would mean loosing sales, in the future, not so much.

Oh... Oregon. tongue.gif I could definitely see digital download being an issue for people with bandwidth caps. Also what about retail stores? They need to stay in business somehow. I know I will love my CE box on my shelf, gonna be sick thumb.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtl View Post

Meteor is so much fun to use (until it feels like EVERYTHING is immune to fire). I am just glad they fixed D3 so there are no immunes anymore. Sure things might have 95% resistance, but its not immune!

This for sure! My meteor sorcs would always get to act 4 nightmare and run into the dang pit lords that breath fire and are immune. mad.gif
Woot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen 3 GTX 680 16gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120gb Intel 510 series ssd, 80gb Intel 320 seri... Asus dvdrw Corsair h80 + 9 case fans Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Razer Blackwidow PC P&C 950w Silencer Corsair 400r 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mamba 2012 Black Ultrasone 550's, X-fi Titanium HD  M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
Woot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen 3 GTX 680 16gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120gb Intel 510 series ssd, 80gb Intel 320 seri... Asus dvdrw Corsair h80 + 9 case fans Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Razer Blackwidow PC P&C 950w Silencer Corsair 400r 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mamba 2012 Black Ultrasone 550's, X-fi Titanium HD  M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3047 of 29755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobotheklown View Post

Oh... Oregon. tongue.gif I could definitely see digital download being an issue for people with bandwidth caps. Also what about retail stores? They need to stay in business somehow. I know I will love my CE box on my shelf, gonna be sick thumb.gif

Ok, then lets actually solve the problem. Why the heck is the United States internet so slow compared to other countries in the first place? Retail stores actually don't need to stay in business. I'm perfectly fine with them tanking, doesn't hurt my feelings one bit. It's inevitable anyways, guess what's about to happen once consoles don't have a disk drive anymore? I do hope you enjoy your CE though, I'd get one too, but only for the in-game content. I have to much clutter as it is around my space.

450

Oh, and Oregon is pretty freaking awesome. Only thing that would make it better is a little bit more cooperative weather, that or just for it to be tropical. I'd be cool with that too.
post #3048 of 29755
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Hairy_Yak View Post

Ok, then lets actually solve the problem. Why the heck is the United States internet so slow compared to other countries in the first place? Retail stores actually don't need to stay in business. I'm perfectly fine with them tanking, doesn't hurt my feelings one bit. It's inevitable anyways, guess what's about to happen once consoles don't have a disk drive anymore? I do hope you enjoy your CE though, I'd get one too, but only for the in-game content. I have to much clutter as it is around my space.
450
Oh, and Oregon is pretty freaking awesome. Only thing that would make it better is a little bit more cooperative weather, that or just for it to be tropical. I'd be cool with that too.

Retail stores don't need to stay in business? You don't care if they tank? Well then I don't care about buying a physical copy of the game to give retail stores business. Your argument makes no sense and is completely unreasonable.
Edited by Zulli85 - 5/2/12 at 1:28pm
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3049 of 29755
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Hairy_Yak View Post

Ok, then lets actually solve the problem. Why the heck is the United States internet so slow compared to other countries in the first place? Retail stores actually don't need to stay in business. I'm perfectly fine with them tanking, doesn't hurt my feelings one bit. It's inevitable anyways, guess what's about to happen once consoles don't have a disk drive anymore? I do hope you enjoy your CE though, I'd get one too, but only for the in-game content. I have to much clutter as it is around my space.

Oh, and Oregon is pretty freaking awesome. Only thing that would make it better is a little bit more cooperative weather, that or just for it to be tropical. I'd be cool with that too.

Glad to see you'd not give a crap if millions more lost their jobs thumb.gif and the amount of jobs added to amazon.com and such would be no where near the amount lost.

Is the US internet slow? I don't think it is... I personally do have a bandwidth cap at home, but it's at 250gb which I don't come close to in a month's time, and I do get 90% of my games through Steam.
Woot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen 3 GTX 680 16gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120gb Intel 510 series ssd, 80gb Intel 320 seri... Asus dvdrw Corsair h80 + 9 case fans Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Razer Blackwidow PC P&C 950w Silencer Corsair 400r 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mamba 2012 Black Ultrasone 550's, X-fi Titanium HD  M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
Woot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen 3 GTX 680 16gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120gb Intel 510 series ssd, 80gb Intel 320 seri... Asus dvdrw Corsair h80 + 9 case fans Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Razer Blackwidow PC P&C 950w Silencer Corsair 400r 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mamba 2012 Black Ultrasone 550's, X-fi Titanium HD  M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3050 of 29755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobotheklown View Post

Glad to see you'd not give a crap if millions more lost their jobs thumb.gif and the amount of jobs added to amazon.com and such would be no where near the amount lost.
Is the US internet slow? I don't think it is... I personally do have a bandwidth cap at home, but it's at 250gb which I don't come close to in a month's time, and I do get 90% of my games through Steam.

15 down 1 up here, no cap. There is also a turboboost feature or whatever it's called that gives you extra bandwidth should they have it available.
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
ZulliRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6600 B2 EVGA 680i A1 Evga 8800GT OCZ 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 600 GB NEC DVD-RW Windows 7 Pro 64-bit BenQ V2400W 24" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Random Logitech OCZ GameXStream 700 Watt Antec P182 Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread