Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread - Page 356

post #3551 of 29773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelord View Post

1.0.1 KNOWN ISSUES LIST - UPDATED 5/11/12
Quote:
Hello everyone, and welcome to Sanctuary! Below you will find the Known Issues list for our 1.0.1 patch. Please do not report bugs that you see on this list as we already know about them, and help out other players reporting bugs by referring them to this list. Thank you!
Achievements
The description of the Feat of Strength for “One of the Chosen” does not specifically state that it was granted to Closed Beta players, not all Beta players.
The description of the achievement “Why’d It Have To Be Snakes?” is misleading.
The description of the achievement “Crispy Critters” implies that all critters are found in one zone, but they are not. Good luck finding them!
Auction House
You cannot list equipped items that have been bought from a vendor.
. . . . . . . .click the link above for more!

Can the whole thing be quoted, possibly in a spoiler to make it short. Battle.net is blocked at work.
post #3552 of 29773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobotheklown View Post

Dude, I think Diablo 2 is one of the most emotion invoking things for a lot of us, as bad as that sounds. It was such a huge part of my childhood man. Every day after school, (1st grade mind you) racing home to get on my necro and launch bone spears at little kurast midgets in the jungle. I still remember it so vividly smile.gif I can only imagine what the devs had to go through to try and live up to the greatness that Diablo 2 was while still trying to make internal deadlines and such. Major props to them for sure!
I may even stop browsing this thread. I will definitely start looking at avatars and names before viewing their post. You know some joined may 2012 tard with 1 post is going to come in here and spoil something mad.gif

Yeah there could be massive spoilers, like
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Deckard Cain is the last of the Horadrim
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3553 of 29773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgevonfrank View Post

Can the whole thing be quoted, possibly in a spoiler to make it short. Battle.net is blocked at work.

Will do

Found some cool stuff, but will put in a spoiler.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Edited by Rebelord - 5/11/12 at 12:37pm
SixthElement
(17 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770k Z87-GD65 MSI R7950 TF3 RipjawsX 8G 1600 CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Vertex 3 Western Digital Caviar Black LG DVD Multi / Lightscribe H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Ult x64 Samsung 2494SW CM Storm Quickfire Reds Corsair HX750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
550D G700 XTrac Ripper XXL Onkyo TX-SR804 
Audio
Bowers & Wilkins 686 BookShelfs 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1090t 990FXA-UD7 MSI R7950 TF3 TBD 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
Samsung 20G Win 7 Ultimate Corsair CM650 Fractal Design XL 
  hide details  
Reply
SixthElement
(17 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770k Z87-GD65 MSI R7950 TF3 RipjawsX 8G 1600 CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Vertex 3 Western Digital Caviar Black LG DVD Multi / Lightscribe H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Ult x64 Samsung 2494SW CM Storm Quickfire Reds Corsair HX750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
550D G700 XTrac Ripper XXL Onkyo TX-SR804 
Audio
Bowers & Wilkins 686 BookShelfs 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1090t 990FXA-UD7 MSI R7950 TF3 TBD 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
Samsung 20G Win 7 Ultimate Corsair CM650 Fractal Design XL 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3554 of 29773
Here you go : 1.0.1 KNOWN ISSUES LIST - UPDATED 5/11/12 Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Hello everyone, and welcome to Sanctuary! Below you will find the Known Issues list for our 1.0.1 patch. Please do not report bugs that you see on this list as we already know about them, and help out other players reporting bugs by referring them to this list. Thank you!

Achievements
The description of the Feat of Strength for “One of the Chosen” does not specifically state that it was granted to Closed Beta players, not all Beta players.The description of the achievement “Why’d It Have To Be Snakes?” is misleading.The description of the achievement “Crispy Critters” implies that all critters are found in one zone, but they are not. Good luck finding them!Auction House
You cannot list equipped items that have been bought from a vendor.Battle.net
It is possible to get ERROR 37 (The servers are busy, please try again) when logging in if the servers are under heavy stress. This error literally means that the servers are busy and that you should try again, so please try again in a minute or so!Very quickly entering, leaving, and switching chat channels over and over can cause a player from getting locked out of chat channels.It is possible for a friend to be on your friend’s list with no name if that friend has a BattleTag but has never logged into Diablo III and is offline.Changing your account’s Parental Controls while you are in Diablo III can disconnect you from Diablo III.Workaround: Exit Diablo III before changing Parental Controls.

Combat
Damage over time debuffs are not benefiting from items that grant crit chance.The resurrection animation speed is being calculated by the player’s attack speed. It actually should be a set amount across all players.Environment
Act 2 - Players who cast Town Portal while standing in a tar pit will cause the tar pit slowing debuff to stay on your character until you leave the game or manually walk into and out of a tar pit.Monsters
The gold dropped from Treasure Goblins can be picked up by all members of the party. Items dropped by the Treasure Goblins are still individual player drops.It is possible for Champion-class monsters with the Waller affix to cast their walls at their location rather than at the player’s location.Followers
The total life for Followers is rounding incorrectly and is off by 1.Starter Edition
When a Starter Edition character hits level 13, the experience bar will read 0/0. If the player upgrades, they will start a 0 experience towards level 14.Tools
It is possible for your cinematics to stutter and not play well if you begin playing Diablo III immediately when reaching Yellow Data.Workaround: Exit Diablo III and fully patch your game. Your cinematics should play fine then.

If the user has any connections configured in "Dial-up and Virtual Private Network settings" and they're set to "Dial whenever a network connection is not present", the install won't proceed past 10%.Compatibility
Running programs that put an overlay over Diablo III (such as Mumble, Xfire, and MSI Afterburner) can cause Diablo III to crash. Use these overlays at your own risk.Mac
The Restore Hero button does not become available after deleting a hero until leaving and returning to the Select Hero page.Game client window becomes unresponsive when a dialog box is opened in the background.
post #3555 of 29773
Is there anyway to change your vote in the poll? I think I am gonna roll a DH and not a barb first, I just want a ferret...

worst spoiler you will ever read. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Mumble overlay can cause crashes

Edited by Rickles - 5/11/12 at 12:42pm
See Pee Yoo
(17 items)
 
Lian Mi
(12 items)
 
Craptop
(5 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k asrock extreme4 980ti corsair vengeance  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial m3 seagate green lg dvdrw Noctua D14 
OSMonitorMonitorPower
win 7 64bit 2 x 1920 x 1080p (ASUS and LG) xl2420te ocz zx 1000w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
haf bx g600 / / Roccat Savu Puretrak Talent Soundblaster Z 
Audio
sennheiser hd558 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
celereon g1610 g1 sniper m3 parema seagate barracuda 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
dvdrw windows vista vizio 3d tv rosewill green 530 
CaseMouse
lian li pc v354b logitech g300 
CPUGraphicsHard DriveOS
4810MQ GTX 870M samsung evo  Windows 8.1 
Other
Sager 8728 
  hide details  
Reply
See Pee Yoo
(17 items)
 
Lian Mi
(12 items)
 
Craptop
(5 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k asrock extreme4 980ti corsair vengeance  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial m3 seagate green lg dvdrw Noctua D14 
OSMonitorMonitorPower
win 7 64bit 2 x 1920 x 1080p (ASUS and LG) xl2420te ocz zx 1000w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
haf bx g600 / / Roccat Savu Puretrak Talent Soundblaster Z 
Audio
sennheiser hd558 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
celereon g1610 g1 sniper m3 parema seagate barracuda 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
dvdrw windows vista vizio 3d tv rosewill green 530 
CaseMouse
lian li pc v354b logitech g300 
CPUGraphicsHard DriveOS
4810MQ GTX 870M samsung evo  Windows 8.1 
Other
Sager 8728 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3556 of 29773
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdybeat View Post

Here you go : 1.0.1 KNOWN ISSUES LIST - UPDATED 5/11/12 Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Hello everyone, and welcome to Sanctuary! Below you will find the Known Issues list for our 1.0.1 patch. Please do not report bugs that you see on this list as we already know about them, and help out other players reporting bugs by referring them to this list. Thank you!
Achievements
The description of the Feat of Strength for “One of the Chosen” does not specifically state that it was granted to Closed Beta players, not all Beta players.The description of the achievement “Why’d It Have To Be Snakes?” is misleading.The description of the achievement “Crispy Critters” implies that all critters are found in one zone, but they are not. Good luck finding them!Auction House
You cannot list equipped items that have been bought from a vendor.Battle.net
It is possible to get ERROR 37 (The servers are busy, please try again) when logging in if the servers are under heavy stress. This error literally means that the servers are busy and that you should try again, so please try again in a minute or so!Very quickly entering, leaving, and switching chat channels over and over can cause a player from getting locked out of chat channels.It is possible for a friend to be on your friend’s list with no name if that friend has a BattleTag but has never logged into Diablo III and is offline.Changing your account’s Parental Controls while you are in Diablo III can disconnect you from Diablo III.Workaround: Exit Diablo III before changing Parental Controls.
Combat
Damage over time debuffs are not benefiting from items that grant crit chance.The resurrection animation speed is being calculated by the player’s attack speed. It actually should be a set amount across all players.Environment
Act 2 - Players who cast Town Portal while standing in a tar pit will cause the tar pit slowing debuff to stay on your character until you leave the game or manually walk into and out of a tar pit.Monsters
The gold dropped from Treasure Goblins can be picked up by all members of the party. Items dropped by the Treasure Goblins are still individual player drops.It is possible for Champion-class monsters with the Waller affix to cast their walls at their location rather than at the player’s location.Followers
The total life for Followers is rounding incorrectly and is off by 1.Starter Edition
When a Starter Edition character hits level 13, the experience bar will read 0/0. If the player upgrades, they will start a 0 experience towards level 14.Tools
It is possible for your cinematics to stutter and not play well if you begin playing Diablo III immediately when reaching Yellow Data.Workaround: Exit Diablo III and fully patch your game. Your cinematics should play fine then.
If the user has any connections configured in "Dial-up and Virtual Private Network settings" and they're set to "Dial whenever a network connection is not present", the install won't proceed past 10%.Compatibility
Running programs that put an overlay over Diablo III (such as Mumble, Xfire, and MSI Afterburner) can cause Diablo III to crash. Use these overlays at your own risk.Mac
The Restore Hero button does not become available after deleting a hero until leaving and returning to the Select Hero page.Game client window becomes unresponsive when a dialog box is opened in the background.

Thank you +rep
post #3557 of 29773
An idea just popped into my head regarding the RMAH. Perhaps one of Blizzards drives towards this setup was due to the fact that they knew most people would not pay monthly subscription fees. Instead they added a fee on top of items being sold for real money that they could use in order to continuously fund future game updates. Personally, I think this is a great idea if it were true.

+ Thank you to everyone using the spoiler tags. I'm holding off on reading those till I finish normal biggrin.gif
T3k
(13 items)
 
The Tibaldi
(9 items)
 
WooJoo
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i5 3210 h77 HD4000 GeForce 640 LE 
RAMHard DriveOSOS
4gb of something 5400rpm slowness 13.04 Ubuntu x64  Windows 8 Pro 
Monitor
1920x1080 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
965 BE 4.0GHZ (250 x 15.5) @1.5V m2n32 sli deluxe - 2000mhz @ 1.3V Asus TOP 5850 1GB 950/1200 Kingston HyperX 5-5-5-15 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Velociraptor 150GB, WD raptor 74gb TDK 880N DVDRW Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Westinghouse 22" lcd 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
saitek eclipse II Corsair 620W modular Cooler Master ATCS 840 black emprex 
  hide details  
Reply
T3k
(13 items)
 
The Tibaldi
(9 items)
 
WooJoo
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i5 3210 h77 HD4000 GeForce 640 LE 
RAMHard DriveOSOS
4gb of something 5400rpm slowness 13.04 Ubuntu x64  Windows 8 Pro 
Monitor
1920x1080 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
965 BE 4.0GHZ (250 x 15.5) @1.5V m2n32 sli deluxe - 2000mhz @ 1.3V Asus TOP 5850 1GB 950/1200 Kingston HyperX 5-5-5-15 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Velociraptor 150GB, WD raptor 74gb TDK 880N DVDRW Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Westinghouse 22" lcd 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
saitek eclipse II Corsair 620W modular Cooler Master ATCS 840 black emprex 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3558 of 29773
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusky1 View Post

An idea just popped into my head regarding the RMAH. Perhaps one of Blizzards drives towards this setup was due to the fact that they knew most people would not pay monthly subscription fees. Instead they added a fee on top of items being sold for real money that they could use in order to continuously fund future game updates. Personally, I think this is a great idea if it were true.
+ Thank you to everyone using the spoiler tags. I'm holding off on reading those till I finish normal biggrin.gif

Well, everyone should know that Blizzard real drive is to, yes, have a steady, potentially massive income from the game.

They claim it's what the players want, which is still true. But you know at the end of the day it still comes down to pleasing the investors with profit.
Woot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen 3 GTX 680 16gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120gb Intel 510 series ssd, 80gb Intel 320 seri... Asus dvdrw Corsair h80 + 9 case fans Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Razer Blackwidow PC P&C 950w Silencer Corsair 400r 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mamba 2012 Black Ultrasone 550's, X-fi Titanium HD  M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
Woot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2700k Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen 3 GTX 680 16gb Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120gb Intel 510 series ssd, 80gb Intel 320 seri... Asus dvdrw Corsair h80 + 9 case fans Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Razer Blackwidow PC P&C 950w Silencer Corsair 400r 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Mamba 2012 Black Ultrasone 550's, X-fi Titanium HD  M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3559 of 29773
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusky1 View Post

An idea just popped into my head regarding the RMAH. Perhaps one of Blizzards drives towards this setup was due to the fact that they knew most people would not pay monthly subscription fees. Instead they added a fee on top of items being sold for real money that they could use in order to continuously fund future game updates. Personally, I think this is a great idea if it were true.
+ Thank you to everyone using the spoiler tags. I'm holding off on reading those till I finish normal biggrin.gif

I think the main driving force was to kill the item sites that Diablo II had. Diablo II still has patches from time to time, and no monthly fee... I don't think this kind of game needs a monthly fee to keep support. You do need some sales consistently like Diablo II has enjoyed though.

PS. My spoiler isn't really a spoiler tongue.gif.
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3560 of 29773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobotheklown View Post

Well, everyone should know that Blizzard real drive is to, yes, have a steady, potentially massive income from the game.
They claim it's what the players want, which is still true. But you know at the end of the day it still comes down to pleasing the investors with profit.

Another angle people don't realize, is that there was some talk about regulation regarding the sale of virtual items. Since it was basically the wild wild west and probably very few of those sites were charging sales tax, or even paying any corporate or income taxes, it made them a lot easier of a target for legislation.

If blizzard legitimizes the business, there is a lot less chance of that happening, giving them more freedom to play with it in the future. I bet they are going to look at the income from the RMAH, and use those figures to make a free to play game in the future.
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread