Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread - Page 44

post #431 of 29808
I want to join the clan. Please Sign me up.

Merci.
SPARTAN
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 @ 3.50 GHz GA-EP45-DQ6 EVGA GTX 280 4GB Corsair XMS2 1066 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 96GB + 1.5 TB Seagate 7200.11 Samsung DVD-RW Microsoft® Windows® 7 Professional 64-bit Samsung SyncMaster T220 
KeyboardPowerCase
Microshaft Multimedia Keyboard Corsair TX750W Antec 300 
  hide details  
Reply
SPARTAN
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 @ 3.50 GHz GA-EP45-DQ6 EVGA GTX 280 4GB Corsair XMS2 1066 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 96GB + 1.5 TB Seagate 7200.11 Samsung DVD-RW Microsoft® Windows® 7 Professional 64-bit Samsung SyncMaster T220 
KeyboardPowerCase
Microshaft Multimedia Keyboard Corsair TX750W Antec 300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #432 of 29808
Could I join ?

I have have Diablo, and Diablo 2 ( No expansion packs for either ) I can't wait to add Diablo 3 to my collection!
lady frmam
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k P8P67 Pro ATI 6850 Kingston 8GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
1TB Samsung F3, 1TB Western Digial Black, 300GB... Windows 7 Ultimate Dell U2311H Logitech S510/Compaq MX 1800 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec TruePower TP-650 650W Lancool Metal Boned K7 Logitech MX518 awesome pad from artscow 
Audio
BX5A's 
  hide details  
Reply
lady frmam
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k P8P67 Pro ATI 6850 Kingston 8GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
1TB Samsung F3, 1TB Western Digial Black, 300GB... Windows 7 Ultimate Dell U2311H Logitech S510/Compaq MX 1800 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec TruePower TP-650 650W Lancool Metal Boned K7 Logitech MX518 awesome pad from artscow 
Audio
BX5A's 
  hide details  
Reply
post #433 of 29808
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman View Post
Could I join ?

I have have Diablo, and Diablo 2 ( No expansion packs for either ) I can't wait to add Diablo 3 to my collection!
Considering the prices now, I would suggest picking the expansions up.
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #434 of 29808
This is a Diablo III sticky from the Edge of Nowhere. Just thought to see if these guys were still around, and in fact they are and active to boot.

From the looks of game play and mechanics described in the thread and not just from the graphics, D3 does indeed look to be (I am going to coin the phrase) "World of DiabloCraft".

Notes I took from here that make this so different from DI and DII, and turn it into World of DiabloCraft:

Inventory items will take only one slot.
Outside areas are static. Only dungeons are dynamic.
PvP and PK mechanics are going to the WoW battleground style. Possibly NO PK.
May be "Pay to Play" for battle.net.

Of course these are not set in stone, but if this is the case will just kill the game, and possibly many people's opinion of the series. Personally I could care less about the WoW graphical look, but if the above 4 things are implemented then I will be sorely disappointed.

Again, open invite for all OCN LoD players to join SatanSoft Realms Via VPN. No ladder reset with 1.13. PM for instructions and some very interesting features. But please remember, legit players only. If you want hax, play Open Battle.net.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy9000 View Post
Considering the prices now, I would suggest picking the expansions up.
Best Buy, of all places had the trilogy pack (D1, D2, and LoD) for $9.99 when I was there the other day.
Edited by Ravin - 5/29/09 at 5:16am
SLACR Formula
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 SLACR L727A903 1.2875VID (450*8)@1.40V Maximus Rampage X38 Visiontek HD4870(512) 825/1100 4x1G Elpida E5108AJBG 8E 1128MHz 4-5-5-15 PL6 2.1V 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
6X 500Gb 7200.12: 4X & 2X RAID 0 arrays Memorex 52X/Pioneer 16x CD/DVDRW Host:Vista Ultimate X64 SP1 Guest:Ubuntu Linux 2x Samsung 941BW 4ms LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Natural Ergonomic 4000 Thermaltake Toughpower 700W Silverstone TEMJIN06 B/W MS 3button optical 
Mouse Pad
none baby......they suck 
  hide details  
Reply
SLACR Formula
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 SLACR L727A903 1.2875VID (450*8)@1.40V Maximus Rampage X38 Visiontek HD4870(512) 825/1100 4x1G Elpida E5108AJBG 8E 1128MHz 4-5-5-15 PL6 2.1V 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
6X 500Gb 7200.12: 4X & 2X RAID 0 arrays Memorex 52X/Pioneer 16x CD/DVDRW Host:Vista Ultimate X64 SP1 Guest:Ubuntu Linux 2x Samsung 941BW 4ms LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Natural Ergonomic 4000 Thermaltake Toughpower 700W Silverstone TEMJIN06 B/W MS 3button optical 
Mouse Pad
none baby......they suck 
  hide details  
Reply
post #435 of 29808
*sigh* Ravin, whatever group off pissed group of DII fanboys you get your info from, they're wrong.

D3 is not going to be pay to play. Battle net has never been, or will never be pay to play.

Also, just because a mechanic brought about by WoW is being used in D3, that does not make it World of Diablocraft. If something works, and works well, why not implement it in other games? Hm, why would they make items only take one slot? Because it gives the player more room to pick stuff up!

And if people really look at it, things in WoW resemble a lot of D1 AND D2. Talent tree, skill tree? Hm, they're practically the same things with updated gfx. Spell bar, potion belt? All they did was improve on what already existed, and thats all they're continuing to do with D3.

Once again, people need to stop being whiney little brats and accept the fact that Blizzard's products (all of them) are top notch. So what if D3 slightly resembles WoW in certain aspects? Um, have we forgotten that it currently has millions upon millions of people playing it? It's because it's a solid product that is fun to play and enjoyable.

D3 is gonna kick ass wether that handful of pansies wants it to or not. Let them miss out on a great game, I won't be.
Jimmy's Box
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K ASUS Sabertooth Z77 XFX Radeon 6970 8Gb G.Skill RipJaws 2200 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Corsair Force 3 Series SSD WD Caviar Black Generic DVD Multi drive Windows 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung SyncMaster XL2270 Logitech G510 Corsair GS700 CM 690II Advanced 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Tron Razer Exactmat 
  hide details  
Reply
Jimmy's Box
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K ASUS Sabertooth Z77 XFX Radeon 6970 8Gb G.Skill RipJaws 2200 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Corsair Force 3 Series SSD WD Caviar Black Generic DVD Multi drive Windows 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung SyncMaster XL2270 Logitech G510 Corsair GS700 CM 690II Advanced 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Tron Razer Exactmat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #436 of 29808
Quote:
Originally Posted by og4tcm View Post
*sigh* Ravin, whatever group off pissed group of DII fanboys you get your info from, they're wrong.

D3 is not going to be pay to play. Battle net has never been, or will never be pay to play.

Also, just because a mechanic brought about by WoW is being used in D3, that does not make it World of Diablocraft. If something works, and works well, why not implement it in other games? Hm, why would they make items only take one slot? Because it gives the player more room to pick stuff up!

And if people really look at it, things in WoW resemble a lot of D1 AND D2. Talent tree, skill tree? Hm, they're practically the same things with updated gfx. Spell bar, potion belt? All they did was improve on what already existed, and thats all they're continuing to do with D3.

Once again, people need to stop being whiney little brats and accept the fact that Blizzard's products (all of them) are top notch. So what if D3 slightly resembles WoW in certain aspects? Um, have we forgotten that it currently has millions upon millions of people playing it? It's because it's a solid product that is fun to play and enjoyable.

D3 is gonna kick ass wether that handful of pansies wants it to or not. Let them miss out on a great game, I won't be.
agree
TRiBaL_FiShII
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD5-B3 SLI - MSI 560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
PlextorM3 Pro Series SSD x2 Western Digital Black Phantek PH-TC14PE W7x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" HP 2710m X2 Max Keyboard Cherry Reds w/ Red LEDS WASD yello... Seasonic X-1050w TrIBAL_fISh M0d 
MouseMouse Pad
Mionix NAOS 5000 SteelSeries Qck 
  hide details  
Reply
TRiBaL_FiShII
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD5-B3 SLI - MSI 560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
PlextorM3 Pro Series SSD x2 Western Digital Black Phantek PH-TC14PE W7x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" HP 2710m X2 Max Keyboard Cherry Reds w/ Red LEDS WASD yello... Seasonic X-1050w TrIBAL_fISh M0d 
MouseMouse Pad
Mionix NAOS 5000 SteelSeries Qck 
  hide details  
Reply
post #437 of 29808
Quote:
Originally Posted by og4tcm View Post
*sigh* Ravin, whatever group off pissed group of DII fanboys you get your info from, they're wrong.

D3 is not going to be pay to play. Battle net has never been, or will never be pay to play.

Also, just because a mechanic brought about by WoW is being used in D3, that does not make it World of Diablocraft. If something works, and works well, why not implement it in other games? Hm, why would they make items only take one slot? Because it gives the player more room to pick stuff up!

And if people really look at it, things in WoW resemble a lot of D1 AND D2. Talent tree, skill tree? Hm, they're practically the same things with updated gfx. Spell bar, potion belt? All they did was improve on what already existed, and thats all they're continuing to do with D3.

Once again, people need to stop being whiney little brats and accept the fact that Blizzard's products (all of them) are top notch. So what if D3 slightly resembles WoW in certain aspects? Um, have we forgotten that it currently has millions upon millions of people playing it? It's because it's a solid product that is fun to play and enjoyable.

D3 is gonna kick ass wether that handful of pansies wants it to or not. Let them miss out on a great game, I won't be.
*sigh* you did not even read the source did you. Because there are a lot of great interviews with past and present Blizzard employees there.

Firstly, I said D3 MAY BE pay to play. And IIRC WoW is battlenet and is pay-to-play. The difference being battlenet vs. classic battlenet. D3, and WoW will be on the *new* battlenet, while Warcraft series(not WoW) and Diablo 1&2 will remain on *classic* battlenet. This is speculation, and I made no representation otherwise. Pay to play will definitely keep me in private games and not on Blizzard's realms- IF implemented.

Secondly, one of the great mechanics in DII is the limited carry size. It's a bit more realistic to think that a character can carry a limited number of things, especially when they are big clunky platemails and battle axes. These items should not be the same size as a piece of paper. Now if you want to implement this feature for a specific character like the Wizzard then fine- it is a magical ability and spend a skill point to do it. Sure, make the stash box infinitely big, but limit the carryability.

IMO keeping the carry and stash sizes somewhat limited helps keep a tight in game economy. Sometimes we play not for the items that drop, but the ones that don't. If it is a one-item-per slot scenario, that will be sad, but will not keep me from playing. I won't complain that I can pick up 20 tons worth of armor to haul to town and sell. However, I will complain that my 20 tons of armor is worth exactly *jack squat* because of it.

Just remember those "pissed off D2 fanboys" are what Blizzard is counting on to make D3 sucessful. D2 is still alive and making money for Blizzard NINE YEARS LATER. You can still buy CD hard copies at stores like Wal-mart and Best Buy. How many D2 players buy *MULTIPLE* copies to this day? You dont mess with a recipe that is that sucessful too much. To be fair, my criticisms hold a lot more weight than "(the picture/video) looks like a WoW rehash" does- since I am getting to the nuts and bolts of the differences in WoW and Diablo and not just facepaint. Personally I could care less about the graphics being similar, in fact good- WoW is graphically beautiful. If Blizzard wants a WoW clone (at least mechanic wise), have them call it WoW 2, not Diablo 3.

Yes, there are millions of WoW players. There are also still millions of D2 players- even NINE YEARS LATER at the end of a ladder season that is waiting for reset and patch. For the love of God Blizzard, please keep these two worlds seperate!
SLACR Formula
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 SLACR L727A903 1.2875VID (450*8)@1.40V Maximus Rampage X38 Visiontek HD4870(512) 825/1100 4x1G Elpida E5108AJBG 8E 1128MHz 4-5-5-15 PL6 2.1V 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
6X 500Gb 7200.12: 4X & 2X RAID 0 arrays Memorex 52X/Pioneer 16x CD/DVDRW Host:Vista Ultimate X64 SP1 Guest:Ubuntu Linux 2x Samsung 941BW 4ms LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Natural Ergonomic 4000 Thermaltake Toughpower 700W Silverstone TEMJIN06 B/W MS 3button optical 
Mouse Pad
none baby......they suck 
  hide details  
Reply
SLACR Formula
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 SLACR L727A903 1.2875VID (450*8)@1.40V Maximus Rampage X38 Visiontek HD4870(512) 825/1100 4x1G Elpida E5108AJBG 8E 1128MHz 4-5-5-15 PL6 2.1V 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
6X 500Gb 7200.12: 4X & 2X RAID 0 arrays Memorex 52X/Pioneer 16x CD/DVDRW Host:Vista Ultimate X64 SP1 Guest:Ubuntu Linux 2x Samsung 941BW 4ms LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Natural Ergonomic 4000 Thermaltake Toughpower 700W Silverstone TEMJIN06 B/W MS 3button optical 
Mouse Pad
none baby......they suck 
  hide details  
Reply
post #438 of 29808
I wasn't attacking your points, just those of people who claim to know whats in the game only six months after it's announcement.

I can agree with some things, like having the bag's and items actually taking up space, making it more realistic and whatnot, but they probably want people to spend more time out in the environment rather than in town selling things. I see your point on this.

But as for the people who are still stuck on D2, I'll admit, I still play it and love it, I would consider myself a huge fan. I've been playing Blizz games since the first Warcraft that came out on MS-DOS, and they have yet to dissapoint me (except when they cancelled Ghost, it looked pretty awesome, lol). So I have no doubt that they will continue to please as they release their future games. I think that a lot of people are too stuck on something instead of opening up to new ideas and perspectives on how games should look, feel, and play. Meh, so what, the D3 world has a "lighter" feel to it. As long as they get the gameplay and story good (which they will), it won't matter as much to the real fans of Blizz. Just my two cents
Jimmy's Box
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K ASUS Sabertooth Z77 XFX Radeon 6970 8Gb G.Skill RipJaws 2200 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Corsair Force 3 Series SSD WD Caviar Black Generic DVD Multi drive Windows 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung SyncMaster XL2270 Logitech G510 Corsair GS700 CM 690II Advanced 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Tron Razer Exactmat 
  hide details  
Reply
Jimmy's Box
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K ASUS Sabertooth Z77 XFX Radeon 6970 8Gb G.Skill RipJaws 2200 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Corsair Force 3 Series SSD WD Caviar Black Generic DVD Multi drive Windows 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung SyncMaster XL2270 Logitech G510 Corsair GS700 CM 690II Advanced 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Tron Razer Exactmat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #439 of 29808
Quote:
Originally Posted by og4tcm View Post
Meh, so what, the D3 world has a "lighter" feel to it. As long as they get the gameplay and story good (which they will), it won't matter as much to the real fans of Blizz. Just my two cents
That's what I was getting at. Personaly I could give :turd: :turd: about how the game looks. Give me good game play and story, and try to stay true to the roots.
SLACR Formula
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 SLACR L727A903 1.2875VID (450*8)@1.40V Maximus Rampage X38 Visiontek HD4870(512) 825/1100 4x1G Elpida E5108AJBG 8E 1128MHz 4-5-5-15 PL6 2.1V 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
6X 500Gb 7200.12: 4X & 2X RAID 0 arrays Memorex 52X/Pioneer 16x CD/DVDRW Host:Vista Ultimate X64 SP1 Guest:Ubuntu Linux 2x Samsung 941BW 4ms LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Natural Ergonomic 4000 Thermaltake Toughpower 700W Silverstone TEMJIN06 B/W MS 3button optical 
Mouse Pad
none baby......they suck 
  hide details  
Reply
SLACR Formula
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 SLACR L727A903 1.2875VID (450*8)@1.40V Maximus Rampage X38 Visiontek HD4870(512) 825/1100 4x1G Elpida E5108AJBG 8E 1128MHz 4-5-5-15 PL6 2.1V 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
6X 500Gb 7200.12: 4X & 2X RAID 0 arrays Memorex 52X/Pioneer 16x CD/DVDRW Host:Vista Ultimate X64 SP1 Guest:Ubuntu Linux 2x Samsung 941BW 4ms LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Natural Ergonomic 4000 Thermaltake Toughpower 700W Silverstone TEMJIN06 B/W MS 3button optical 
Mouse Pad
none baby......they suck 
  hide details  
Reply
post #440 of 29808
why would it be pay-to-play. If its real, id stick to nerdy d2 lan in my basement for the next 10 years.

Its not WOW, even if it's the same gfx engine. D3 = a WoW mod.

Anyway, i dont think it will be, because its not an mmorpg.

D1,D2= action rpg "hack n slash"
     
CPUGraphicsRAMOS
i7 4710q Nvidia GT840M 8GB DDR-3 1600 Windows 8.1 
Monitor
17" 1600x900 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 930 D0 ASUS P6T-SE Sapphire 5750 1Gig @ 820/1275 Asus 6770 DirectCU 1Gig @ 908/1150 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Kingston Value 18 Gigs 1086mhz CL8 Western Digital 640GB Black LG GH24LS50 24x Windows 7 Home Premium 64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
ASUS VW266H 26" 1920x1200 Antec True Power New 750 watts Thermaltake V3 Black Edition Logitech G5 V2 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUGraphicsRAMOS
i7 4710q Nvidia GT840M 8GB DDR-3 1600 Windows 8.1 
Monitor
17" 1600x900 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 930 D0 ASUS P6T-SE Sapphire 5750 1Gig @ 820/1275 Asus 6770 DirectCU 1Gig @ 908/1150 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Kingston Value 18 Gigs 1086mhz CL8 Western Digital 640GB Black LG GH24LS50 24x Windows 7 Home Premium 64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
ASUS VW266H 26" 1920x1200 Antec True Power New 750 watts Thermaltake V3 Black Edition Logitech G5 V2 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread