Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread - Page 762

post #7611 of 29712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post

Sorry but, I absolutely disagree.
If you ordered the wrong coffee, you shouldn't have finished it.
You should have demanded a refund prior to "enjoying" the beverage, at all...
If there was a hole in the side, they owe you dry-cleaning as well.
ArenaNet is only offering refunds to the end of beta and will NOT give them beyond...Why? For the exact reason I mentioned.
You've purchased the product, played the entirety of the game and now, because you're done with the product, you feel entitled to a refund?
No. That's not how respect works, how integrity works...Or how this industry has EVER WORKED.
It's absolutely ludicrous and unfounded that you purchase a product, enjoy it to it's fullest extent and then return it because you're unsatisfied when you had the duration of the entire entity to do so...Absolutely disgusting.

If starbucks gives you a terrible cup of coffee, they'll probably give you a refund tongue.gif. Most food packaging says "If you're not satisfied for any reason, call xxx-xxxx for a full refund"
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7612 of 29712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post

Sorry but, I absolutely disagree.
If you ordered the wrong coffee, you shouldn't have finished it.
You should have demanded a refund prior to "enjoying" the beverage, at all...
If there was a hole in the side, they owe you dry-cleaning as well.
ArenaNet is only offering refunds to the end of beta and will NOT give them beyond...Why? For the exact reason I mentioned.
You've purchased the product, played the entirety of the game and now, because you're done with the product, you feel entitled to a refund?
No. That's not how respect works, how integrity works...Or how this industry has EVER WORKED.
It's absolutely ludicrous and unfounded that you purchase a product, enjoy it to it's fullest extent and then return it because you're unsatisfied when you had the duration of the entire entity to do so...Absolutely disgusting.

Hitting level 60 and finishing inferno isn't supposed to be the whole game.
An Angry Robot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k Asus P8Z77-V Pro Asus Strix 1070 G Skill Trident 2400mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 500gb SSD x 1tb HDD Samsung External Corsair H100i Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Catleap Q270 Acer Coolermaster Quickfire Rapid (reds) Corsair 750HX 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 540 Logitech G600 XFX Warpad Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
An Angry Robot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k Asus P8Z77-V Pro Asus Strix 1070 G Skill Trident 2400mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 500gb SSD x 1tb HDD Samsung External Corsair H100i Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Catleap Q270 Acer Coolermaster Quickfire Rapid (reds) Corsair 750HX 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 540 Logitech G600 XFX Warpad Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7613 of 29712
Just an FYI, gold duping was only working on the Asia server, not EU or NA.

It was also rolled back and fixed on that server.
 
The Lil Llano
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7-3930k C-2 ASrock Extreme9 X79 EVGA GTX570 HD Muskin Redline 993997 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 Dell Constilation 7200rpm 6gbps LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD Burner Black SATA Model i... Corsair H100 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Coolermaster Excalibur (x4) Coolermaster Turbine (x4) Bitfenix 200mm Spectre Pro  Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
24" Sammy 23" Asus Logitech G15 Coolermaster Silent Pro 1300w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 600t Logitech MX518 Razer Vespula Dual Sided  Creative 3d Game Blaster 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A4-3300 Llano ASRock A55M-HVS FM1 AMD A55 AMD Radeon HD 6410D G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKS SAMSUNG 22X DVD Burner SATA Model SH-222BB/BEBE Stock Windows XP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K400 275w APEX DM-318 Black Steel Micro ATX Logitech K400 
  hide details  
Reply
 
The Lil Llano
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7-3930k C-2 ASrock Extreme9 X79 EVGA GTX570 HD Muskin Redline 993997 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 Dell Constilation 7200rpm 6gbps LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD Burner Black SATA Model i... Corsair H100 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Coolermaster Excalibur (x4) Coolermaster Turbine (x4) Bitfenix 200mm Spectre Pro  Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
24" Sammy 23" Asus Logitech G15 Coolermaster Silent Pro 1300w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 600t Logitech MX518 Razer Vespula Dual Sided  Creative 3d Game Blaster 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A4-3300 Llano ASRock A55M-HVS FM1 AMD A55 AMD Radeon HD 6410D G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKS SAMSUNG 22X DVD Burner SATA Model SH-222BB/BEBE Stock Windows XP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K400 275w APEX DM-318 Black Steel Micro ATX Logitech K400 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7614 of 29712
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal7trance View Post

Hitting level 60 and finishing inferno isn't supposed to be the whole game.

...Go try it with a car.

Buy a brand new car, drive it around for 1000 miles, decide that you don't like it and try to get a full refund.

Post what they tell you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy9000 View Post

If starbucks gives you a terrible cup of coffee, they'll probably give you a refund tongue.gif. Most food packaging says "If you're not satisfied for any reason, call xxx-xxxx for a full refund"

If I was still with Alienware, I would absolutely deny a customer after 30 days...It goes beyond all reason to enjoy a product for beyond the refund window, then demand it after having your fill.

It's a terrible precedent to have set and one that should never be set.
post #7615 of 29712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post

...Go try it with a car.
Buy a brand new car, drive it around for 1000 miles, decide that you don't like it and try to get a full refund.
Post what they tell you.
If I was still with Alienware, I would absolutely deny a customer after 30 days...It goes beyond all reason to enjoy a product for beyond the refund window, then demand it after having your fill.
It's a terrible precedent to have set and one that should never be set.

Oh I agree, especially when people have hit level 60 and think they can still return it... I mean Deus Ex: Human Revolution was easily beatable within a week, having much less play time then Diablo 3.

If you stopped playing after act 3 normal, you might have a case... but if you've gotten to end game and are bored... well sorry but you've gotten what you paid for already.
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7616 of 29712
hitting 60 and refunding disgusts me too. I don't know why Blizz does it when software standard protocol is to have no refunds for opened products rolleyes.gif

I don't get refunds for movies I don't like either.
 
AirPC
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i5 2500k Asrock Z68 Fatal1ty Professional  Powercolor 7970 G.Skill Sniper 2133 MHz 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Agility 3 Asus Blu-ray combo drive XSPC Raystorm EK FC-7970 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Koolance PMP-450 Black Ice SR-1 360 xspc d5 dual bay reservoir Windows 7 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Potalion 2710qw Logitech G510 Corsair TX850M v2 NZXT Switch 810 
MouseAudioAudioOther
Logitech G400 Asus Xonar DX Creative Aurvana Live Logitech C310 
Other
hauppauge colossus 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5-2500k @4.5 GHz 1.325v MSI P67A-G43 EVGA GeForce GTX 570  8 GB Samsung Eco  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Agility 3 240 gb WD 500 GB 2 TBGreen OCZ Agility 3 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Asus DVD+R Noctua DH-14 Windows 7 64-bit Acer 23.6" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Standard Antec Truepower New 650w NZXT Source 210 Sidewinder X8 
Mouse Pad
Nvidia freebie lulz 
  hide details  
Reply
 
AirPC
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i5 2500k Asrock Z68 Fatal1ty Professional  Powercolor 7970 G.Skill Sniper 2133 MHz 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Agility 3 Asus Blu-ray combo drive XSPC Raystorm EK FC-7970 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Koolance PMP-450 Black Ice SR-1 360 xspc d5 dual bay reservoir Windows 7 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Potalion 2710qw Logitech G510 Corsair TX850M v2 NZXT Switch 810 
MouseAudioAudioOther
Logitech G400 Asus Xonar DX Creative Aurvana Live Logitech C310 
Other
hauppauge colossus 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5-2500k @4.5 GHz 1.325v MSI P67A-G43 EVGA GeForce GTX 570  8 GB Samsung Eco  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Agility 3 240 gb WD 500 GB 2 TBGreen OCZ Agility 3 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Asus DVD+R Noctua DH-14 Windows 7 64-bit Acer 23.6" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Standard Antec Truepower New 650w NZXT Source 210 Sidewinder X8 
Mouse Pad
Nvidia freebie lulz 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7617 of 29712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post

...Go try it with a car.
Buy a brand new car, drive it around for 1000 miles, decide that you don't like it and try to get a full refund.
Post what they tell you.
If I was still with Alienware, I would absolutely deny a customer after 30 days...It goes beyond all reason to enjoy a product for beyond the refund window, then demand it after having your fill.
It's a terrible precedent to have set and one that should never be set.

If I had a car that ran like D3 did, they would give me a refund, it's been done before.

Same thing with the Alienware. But those are different situations entirely.

Edit: It is kind of Blizzard's fault for making a crappy game and offering a refund policy. But the games they come out with are meant to be played for a long time and D3 obviously failed at this.
Edited by eternal7trance - 6/12/12 at 6:29am
An Angry Robot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k Asus P8Z77-V Pro Asus Strix 1070 G Skill Trident 2400mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 500gb SSD x 1tb HDD Samsung External Corsair H100i Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Catleap Q270 Acer Coolermaster Quickfire Rapid (reds) Corsair 750HX 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 540 Logitech G600 XFX Warpad Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
An Angry Robot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k Asus P8Z77-V Pro Asus Strix 1070 G Skill Trident 2400mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 500gb SSD x 1tb HDD Samsung External Corsair H100i Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Catleap Q270 Acer Coolermaster Quickfire Rapid (reds) Corsair 750HX 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 540 Logitech G600 XFX Warpad Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7618 of 29712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post

Sorry but, I absolutely disagree.
If you ordered the wrong coffee, you shouldn't have finished it.
You should have demanded a refund prior to "enjoying" the beverage, at all...
If there was a hole in the side, they owe you dry-cleaning as well.
ArenaNet is only offering refunds to the end of beta and will NOT give them beyond...Why? For the exact reason I mentioned.
You've purchased the product, played the entirety of the game and now, because you're done with the product, you feel entitled to a refund?
No. That's not how respect works, how integrity works...Or how this industry has EVER WORKED.
It's absolutely ludicrous and unfounded that you purchase a product, enjoy it to it's fullest extent and then return it because you're unsatisfied when you had the duration of the entire entity to do so...Absolutely disgusting.

Without starting a war here, I would like to pose a question to you Masked.

We were promised better security with "Always online DRM". That was one of Blizzards key selling points.

What are your views of Blizzard having an exploit that allows for a severely damaged, if not completely ruined economy within the first month of release on a game that at least partially revolves around trading and the AH for a good percentage of the players base.

Not mentioning the "hacked accounts" because I can at least believe that some if not all of those cases can be traced to Gold Buying Forums / Keyloggers etc. (however, some of that could very well be a leak / hole in Blizaards security as well)

What about the periods of lag spikes that make the game virtually unplayable for numerous players. Some of that can be attributed to ISPs, and I may add that the ONLY lag I personally have experienced(aside from the first 2-3 days) has been the last 2 nights (during which hotfixes were being released from what I have read). However many many customers are still having spikes of extended unplayable lag almost a full month after release.

What area would you say that that falls under. I want to know your views on whether or not issues like THAT are entitlement to a refund ?
Unfriend 2.0
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2700K P8Z77-V DELUXE NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 Corsair Vengeance LP 16 GB 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Performance Pro 128 GB Hitachi Deskstar 2 TB 7200RPM LG WH12LS38 Blu-Ray player/ recorder Noctua NH-D14 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 2 Dell U2412M monitors Razer Lycosa Corsair AX850 
CaseMouse
Corsair 600T Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
Unfriend 2.0
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2700K P8Z77-V DELUXE NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 Corsair Vengeance LP 16 GB 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Performance Pro 128 GB Hitachi Deskstar 2 TB 7200RPM LG WH12LS38 Blu-Ray player/ recorder Noctua NH-D14 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 2 Dell U2412M monitors Razer Lycosa Corsair AX850 
CaseMouse
Corsair 600T Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7619 of 29712
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfriend View Post

Without starting a war here, I would like to pose a question to you Masked.
We were promised better security with "Always online DRM". That was one of Blizzards key selling points.
What are your views of Blizzard having an exploit that allows for a severely damaged, if not completely ruined economy within the first month of release on a game that at least partially revolves around trading and the AH for a good percentage of the players base.
Not mentioning the "hacked accounts" because I can at least believe that some if not all of those cases can be traced to Gold Buying Forums / Keyloggers etc. (however, some of that could very well be a leak / hole in Blizaards security as well)
What about the periods of lag spikes that make the game virtually unplayable for numerous players. Some of that can be attributed to ISPs, and I may add that the ONLY lag I personally have experienced(aside from the first 2-3 days) has been the last 2 nights (during which hotfixes were being released from what I have read). However many many customers are still having spikes of extended unplayable lag almost a full month after release.
What area would you say that that falls under. I want to know your views on whether or not issues like THAT are entitlement to a refund ?

Didn't Blizzard offer refunds to everyone within the first 30 days? People who did not like the game or could not play the game have had ample opportunity to get a refund. If they for whatever reason decide to wait until after the grace period to decide to complain and want to return the game, that is their own damn fault, not Blizzard's. As for trading and AH ruining the economy in the first month, I don't think so. The AH simply legitimizes trading. Without the AH, there will be even more forum trading, which would lead to more account hacking IMHO. It was just like that in D2. The AH simply accelerated the stabilization of the D3 economy. As more and more players finally cap out at 60, super high prices for good level 60 weapons are expected.
Edited by OC'ing Noob - 6/12/12 at 6:42am
Biggie Smalls
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K Asus P8Z77-M EVGA Titan X Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Pro Samsung 850 Pro Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Bluray Combo Drive Corsair H50 Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell UltraSharp U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 4 Blue/Red Corsair AX860 Corsair Obsidian 350D Razer Deathadder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
fUnc Mouse Mat Grace m9xx DAC/AMP ELAC B6 Schiit Lyr 2 
AudioAudio
Fostex TH-X00 (ebony cups with detachable cable... Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
Biggie Smalls
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K Asus P8Z77-M EVGA Titan X Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Pro Samsung 850 Pro Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Bluray Combo Drive Corsair H50 Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell UltraSharp U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 4 Blue/Red Corsair AX860 Corsair Obsidian 350D Razer Deathadder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
fUnc Mouse Mat Grace m9xx DAC/AMP ELAC B6 Schiit Lyr 2 
AudioAudio
Fostex TH-X00 (ebony cups with detachable cable... Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7620 of 29712
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC'ing Noob View Post

Didn't Blizzard offer refunds to everyone within the first 30 days? People who did not like the game or could not play the game have had ample opportunity to get a refund. If they for whatever reason decide to wait until after the grace period to decide to complain and want to return the game, that is their own damn fault, not Blizzard's.

We're still just short of 30 days aren't we? It came out on the 15th last month, IIRC.
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread