Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread - Page 800

post #7991 of 29890
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugiik View Post

this
well on nightmare and hell, played with 4 people, still can get upgrades on way progress,
on inferno ? beside auction house, u won't get upgrades from act 1,
for my upgrades especially on ring/good eq, seems got it's price boosted up, or moved to RMAH.
also pony lvl harder than act 2.

I've actually got a few upgrades from A1 ( rarely but it does happen) mostly when running with a full group.
post #7992 of 29890
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyclum View Post

hence the problem with the game. been farming inferno and getting nothing but useless junk...(level 50 yellows or 290 dps 2h weapon's... and lets not forget those nice 194 str wizard only hats biggrin.gif ) to actually upgrade resist all, i either have to sacrifice half of my DPS which makes some encounters impossible, or i have to use the RMAH... AH has stupid prices for any kind of upgrades so it's really not very viable. i cant farm $ fast enough to keep up with the prices in the AH... so.... it's either whip out the credit card or quit the game...

buy a full set of gold find gear that give you about 301% magic find with me and my follower decked out .. and yes my set didnt cost me more then 300k total wink.gif


then farm 200K gold an hour


and that is in act 1 hell ... sure you will lose alot of dps with farming gears but the end result is you wont have to pay for real money auction house and you will get the money to upgrade your gears in due time.. and btw inferno act 1 isnt the place to drop good items unless you have high magic find and are very lucky


the best spots are inferno act III/IV



Quote:
Originally Posted by Nethermir View Post

100% crit chance drool.gif

picture was too blury but if its crit chance 100% then im jealous of his weapon biggrin.gif



Quote:
Originally Posted by UZ7 View Post

If you have sharpshooter passive you'll get 3% crit/second till you crit then it resets.

yeah but sharpshooter isnt constant wink.gif but if his weapon is really 100% crit chance it means he will always crit.. so he just need to stack some crit damage on his gears


wich will always beat a one shot sharpshooter critting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelord View Post

Psyclum: As for farming Act 1. That is what I was doing for a long time, on my Barb. Because I would get 2 shot. Well, all that farming paid off the other day. Had a blacksmith pattern drop from a pack w/5 stack. That pattern sold for 4mil. I got 3.3mil after that stupid tax. (Really blizz, 15% tax on gold AH?) Well that netted me 5 upgrades in gear. Which made a world of difference. Was finally able to finish Act 2 tonight. Half solo, rest was running with another OCnet member. We had a good time I'd say.
Also, dont forget about high MF gear you may come across. I actually sold a bunch of high MF gear on the RMAH for 1.99, 2.99 each. Well next thing you know I had a basically free $8 balance. Well, I used that balance on to pick up a pretty badass 2h weapon. Yes, after getting my upgrades from selling the pattern, I did Act 2 as 2H.
TL;DR - Farming is boring as hell, but can pay off. Fast warden/butcher runs net about 40k+ in less than 30mins.
Rebelord

butcher runs in hell net me about 130k for a quick 30min.. and that's in hell


301gf with myself and my follower


plenty of space left to boost my gold find into the 400% range soon


if i can manage to farm act IV of hell i should be able to take out 500k/h with about 350% gold find but the problem is the lack of dps on my gf items atm


so i geared myself to farm act 1 of hell and it works nicely for me
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8120 Asus crosshair V formula 2 msi HD6870 Twin Frozr II CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 SAMSUNG F4 2TB boot + 4 WD 2TB storage Lite On blu ray player win 7 sp1 oem Asus VH236H @ 1920 x 1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech Media Elite Keyboard ENERMAX MAXREVO 1350W psu SILVERSTONE RAVEN RV02B-EW Matte black logitech OEM 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8120 Asus crosshair V formula 2 msi HD6870 Twin Frozr II CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 SAMSUNG F4 2TB boot + 4 WD 2TB storage Lite On blu ray player win 7 sp1 oem Asus VH236H @ 1920 x 1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
logitech Media Elite Keyboard ENERMAX MAXREVO 1350W psu SILVERSTONE RAVEN RV02B-EW Matte black logitech OEM 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7993 of 29890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelord View Post

Psyclum: As for farming Act 1. That is what I was doing for a long time, on my Barb. Because I would get 2 shot. Well, all that farming paid off the other day. Had a blacksmith pattern drop from a pack w/5 stack. That pattern sold for 4mil. I got 3.3mil after that stupid tax. (Really blizz, 15% tax on gold AH?) Well that netted me 5 upgrades in gear. Which made a world of difference. Was finally able to finish Act 2 tonight. Half solo, rest was running with another OCnet member. We had a good time I'd say.
Also, dont forget about high MF gear you may come across. I actually sold a bunch of high MF gear on the RMAH for 1.99, 2.99 each. Well next thing you know I had a basically free $8 balance. Well, I used that balance on to pick up a pretty badass 2h weapon. Yes, after getting my upgrades from selling the pattern, I did Act 2 as 2H.
TL;DR - Farming is boring as hell, but can pay off. Fast warden/butcher runs net about 40k+ in less than 30mins.
Rebelord

3.3m may go a LOOOONNNG way for str gear these days (since most barbs have quit or reroll to wiz / DH) it doesn't go quite as far for int or dex gear. i've seen plenty of legendary with fury/str buyout at 125k while dex/disc or int/AP version of that exact same legendary with min/current bid of 2m+ 3.3m for a wiz would yield 1, maybe 2 upgrade if you are lucky. for a DH you'd get 1 upgrade if you are lucky with 3.3m these days biggrin.gif in inferno, 25% run speed is pretty much required for squishy classes, on top of that a wiz would need at least 35k hp and maybe 500+ resist all for force armor to even work. (thx whining barbs biggrin.gif ) and unlike a melee, wizzys cant really afford to walk around with 9k dps so we have to stack IAS and crit/crit dmg biggrin.gif if you look into gears that give you the minimum requirement for wiz to hunt inferno, you'd quickly realize that 3.3m is nothing but a drop int he bucket when you are talking about upgrades...

so. we get 1 shotted ALOT and try to eventually wear the mobs down. but 99.5% of the time, your efforts only gets rewarded by some level 53 junk yellow or some level 60 blue DH only cloak with str and int and maybe sometimes a 198 str / 120 vit belt that barbs wouldn't buy for 10k because there are so many other better belts with resist all out there for them to buy biggrin.gif yah i've done the magic find gear thing, and i've done the gold find gear thing, but what it comes down to is you cant really farm fast enough to keep up with inflation since about 95% or more barbs, WD's and monks have rerolled to wiz / DH and the prices reflect that demand.
post #7994 of 29890
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyclum View Post

/whine
so..... this game is starting to feel like a stepping stone for other games frown.gif getting to a point where i'm starting to dread logging into this single player grind/game... the game is far too RMAH focused to be enjoyable now... if you don't spend $... get 1 shotted by any number of poorly designed blues... i mean, do they REALLY feel it's necessary to give fast mobs immune AND mortar? or mortar and illusion? in inferno? biggrin.gif or how about naturally fast mob with illusion mortar AND immune? biggrin.gif the game seems like just an endless string of 1 shot kills on me... i'm sure it's fun for the mobs and they are all standing over my corpse laughing about it biggrin.gif
fact is the daily nerfs and the poor itemization has made this "game" more of a chore then anything IF you don't fall into blizzard's trap of sucking you into the RMAH... so... unfortunately, as of right now. it's just D3 till path of exile comes out...
/end whine
GRIM DAWN!!!!
post #7995 of 29890
Quote:
Originally Posted by likethegun View Post

GRIM DAWN!!!!

is that even in beta yet? i haven't kept up with it but i thought it wasn't due till next year?
post #7996 of 29890
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugiik View Post

this
well on nightmare and hell, played with 4 people, still can get upgrades on way progress,
on inferno ? beside auction house, u won't get upgrades from act 1,
for my upgrades especially on ring/good eq, seems got it's price boosted up, or moved to RMAH.
also pony lvl harder than act 2.
I agree with you here. I am a monk trapped in act 1 inferno. My resists are just over 450 all. my dps is around 13k, my armor is between 4-5k, and my health is about 20k. I have farmed and farmed and farmed butcher for the last 2 weeks and have only been able to get ONE freaking upgrade! Sure, you can make money selling junk on AH... SLOWLY, as your only limited to 10 auctions at a time and you have to do your research before posting an item to sell or else it will waste time sitting there without a buyer... ATM just for a BELT upgrade it will cost between 1-2 mil... Inferno drops need to be fixed! Even for act 1. At least drop CRAP lvl 60 BLUES so we can at least salvage and make use of the stupid lvl 10 armorer we spend a billion dollars to upgrade!!!

edit: just to throw this out there, i know my dps is ridic low, I have gear that will put me above 20k, but that still does nothing for me. the 13k is so I could have my resists for those uber-stupid anti-melee elite mobs... is it really necessary to have a vampiric, desecrator, molten, firechains?!
Edited by likethegun - 6/17/12 at 11:51pm
post #7997 of 29890
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyclum View Post

is that even in beta yet? i haven't kept up with it but i thought it wasn't due till next year?
No, they are going to release alpha late this year early next year, BUT I would imagine path of exile isnt too much farther along? I haven't looked too much into path of exile though.
post #7998 of 29890
Quote:
Originally Posted by likethegun View Post

I agree with you here. I am a monk trapped in act 1 inferno. My resists are just over 450 all. my dps is around 13k, my armor is between 4-5k, and my health is about 20k. I have farmed and farmed and farmed butcher for the last 2 weeks and have only been able to get ONE freaking upgrade! Sure, you can make money selling junk on AH... SLOWLY, as your only limited to 10 auctions at a time and you have to do your research before posting an item to sell or else it will waste time sitting there without a buyer... ATM just for a BELT upgrade it will cost between 1-2 mil... Inferno drops need to be fixed! Even for act 1. At least drop CRAP lvl 60 BLUES so we can at least salvage and make use of the stupid lvl 10 armorer we spend a billion dollars to upgrade!!!

monks are the worst off class in the game atm biggrin.gif they are unfortunate enough to share dex as primary stat with DH's biggrin.gif so their gear is astronomically expensive and they are a melee on top of that biggrin.gif i'm surprised that ANY monks are still playing the game since none of them can even dream of affording upgrades in inferno. (unless they whip out a credit card..... )
post #7999 of 29890
Quote:
Originally Posted by psyclum View Post

monks are the worst off class in the game atm biggrin.gif they are unfortunate enough to share dex as primary stat with DH's biggrin.gif so their gear is astronomically expensive and they are a melee on top of that biggrin.gif i'm surprised that ANY monks are still playing the game since none of them can even dream of affording upgrades in inferno. (unless they whip out a credit card..... )
yup your absolutely right. I have been crafting my gems like crazy just for a few measley dex upgrades... I have 7 sockets in all my gear, 2 of which I have star purples, and the rest greens...

I have a wizard too... but same problem as the monk, their crap is EXPENSIVE! Instead of focusing on intel+more dmg for [this class], dex + more dmg for [this class], they should have kept it simple and practical. Dex = increased attack speed and dodge, intel = increased spell casting and elemental resistances, strength = armor and physical resistances, and vitality = increased life and faster healing.

This way, stats wouldn't be particularly class specific (i.e. "dexterity increases dmg done by demon hunters and monks by [2000%]" BUT it would, by default, force favoritism for the particular classes (i.e. a wizard would not need as much dex or strength as a barb or monk)

I realize all this typing was in vain, because whatever [highly intelligent, all knowing, wonderfully perfect] game designers worked on d3 im sure had every opportunity to do it this way, and assuming their alpha and beta tests they didn't just cast aside constructive criticism... Then they obviously came up with this lousy way of doing things for a reason... Good initiative, bad judgement? ...I don't know... The other Diablo games didn't have this problem that i'm aware of.
post #8000 of 29890
getting so ready to call it quits on this game forever. i have spent the last two weeks grinding warden and butcher on act 1 inferno for better gear, and selling ah items to buy better gear with my barbarian. i finally get better gear and i still cannot go anywhere in act 2. it took me ~12 deaths to finish off a trio of rare wasps that had arcane, extra health, nightmarish, and fast moving. my gear seems like it should be more than adequate at this point, but still seems like junk in act 2. i have ~44k hp, ~13k dps (1h + shield), ~10k armor, and ~600-800 resist all (don't tell me i need more resist all, it is way over-priced). this is just getting out of hand. i am getting sick of grinding warden/butcher over and over. they desperately need to scale the difficulty of act 2 WAY back. mad.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread