Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread - Page 908

post #9071 of 29804
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDeuce50 View Post

I took your advice and got my life regen to 1052. Seems to be working pretty good. Thanks man +Rep. Now if I can get two LOH 1-hand crossbows, I'll be set.
338

Nice! Glad I could help.

Off-Topic: I wonder if I should start a OC'ing Noob's D3 Freebie thread in the freebie section... Might be useful I guess.
Biggie Smalls
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K Asus P8Z77-M EVGA Titan X Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Pro Samsung 850 Pro Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Bluray Combo Drive Corsair H50 Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell UltraSharp U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 4 Blue/Red Corsair AX860 Corsair Obsidian 350D Razer Deathadder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
fUnc Mouse Mat Grace m9xx DAC/AMP ELAC B6 Schiit Lyr 2 
AudioAudio
Fostex TH-X00 (ebony cups with detachable cable... Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
Biggie Smalls
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K Asus P8Z77-M EVGA Titan X Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Pro Samsung 850 Pro Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Bluray Combo Drive Corsair H50 Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell UltraSharp U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 4 Blue/Red Corsair AX860 Corsair Obsidian 350D Razer Deathadder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
fUnc Mouse Mat Grace m9xx DAC/AMP ELAC B6 Schiit Lyr 2 
AudioAudio
Fostex TH-X00 (ebony cups with detachable cable... Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9072 of 29804
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav451 View Post

Hahah all that complaining about the drop in value of inferno essences is silly. Just means there's a far greater supply than there was pre-hot fix. I'm fine with that. Means more people have access to crafting 6-affixes on their own, instead of it being a 1% thing tongue.gif
And for the moment, it's still gives good value on ilvl61+ items that are less than 1k. Of course once that number drops again, it may end up being better to Charsi it, but *shrug* still no biggie.
I'm actually glad I took advantage of it (when it was above 2K, and as it gradually decreased). My friend never sold his stack of essences, which means he missed out on the time-value of his items smile.gif
True, I am just bummed ecause it literally dropped 1000g in value in less than a week. I was sellin' anywhere from 80-120 essence a day so at 2k a pop that was a nice addition... I was just amazed that it literally went from 1800 to 1000 in 2 days
post #9073 of 29804
DELETE -
Edited by likethegun - 7/1/12 at 11:55pm
post #9074 of 29804
GAH SO MUCH BAD INFO, nothing you do matters til act 1 inferno. Just get there and then worry about anything.

Here is one of the best DH builds:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRXdVT!aYe!YaZbcZ

1h Xbows are for the super rich with 50% crit builds and super good stats, otherwise use a bow for decent-low gear, and a xbow for low gear to gib elites or you find a good deal. You will do more damage with a bow 90% of the time especially if you don't have 300m gold to spend.

You dont use a Xbow for reflect damage mobs you use a bow cuz its faster and does good damage that way you get more life for the amount of damage you do since its life on HIT... Shock Collar and Devouring are good for reflect, BL isnt. Gems in weapons are reds til you hit 60 then you need greens and a LoH weapon with socket preferably. Since your damage is gonna suck at first anyway you dont need a very good one, mine has 1200 LoH w/ gem, but I do 65k dps +9% elites and 5% scoundrel and 5k dps on scoundrel (which used to reflect back on you too).

This is where I tell someone how to play DH, it has lots of good info.

http://www.overclock.net/t/350886/official-diablo-iii-information-and-discussion-thread/9010#post_17598583
Edited by Ploppytheman - 7/2/12 at 12:18am
post #9075 of 29804
Still no lag fixes. it went from being semi playable to completely unplayable. Game stutters every second and whenever I alt tab out it crashes.

Tons of people have the same issue on blizzard forums too.
pwn some noobs
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
x5650 asus p6t gtx 980 ti  16gb kingston hyperx fury 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
1.25tb Windows Vista 7 x64 600w thermaltake  cosmos s 
  hide details  
Reply
pwn some noobs
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
x5650 asus p6t gtx 980 ti  16gb kingston hyperx fury 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
1.25tb Windows Vista 7 x64 600w thermaltake  cosmos s 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9076 of 29804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploppytheman View Post

Here is one of the best DH builds:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRXdVT!aYe!YaZbcZ

i find that build has low survivability in anything higher then act2 this build is what I would use to boost survivability

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRXYVP!aYe!YaZacY
post #9077 of 29804
Thought i'de share my luck - picked up a helm on the w/end with a Perfect Star Emerald for 470k gold
The gem alone is worth like 6.3 mil, what a bargain...biggrin.gif

I've socketed a 25% Gold Find Helm (which I also got for a steal at only 200k), so total GF on helm is 54% (25%+29%) - Been looking all w/end and it seems it's the highest GF helm available at the moment wheee.gif

Will be keeping it for now, may socket a high dps + crit weapon for epic crit damage - it gives +90%

Also, some advice please... If the highest GF helms on AH as of last night is 51% and they are selling for +/- 20 mil, what do you think I could get for the above mentioned helm - or would I make more from selling a socketed weapon with massive crit damage?
post #9078 of 29804
here's my farming build. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#fRgXjV!YTe!cZYZbc

with me switching between frost arrow ball lightning or nether tentacles depending on my mood tongue.gif


reflect damage rolleyes.gif
 
AirPC
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i5 2500k Asrock Z68 Fatal1ty Professional  Powercolor 7970 G.Skill Sniper 2133 MHz 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Agility 3 Asus Blu-ray combo drive XSPC Raystorm EK FC-7970 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Koolance PMP-450 Black Ice SR-1 360 xspc d5 dual bay reservoir Windows 7 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Potalion 2710qw Logitech G510 Corsair TX850M v2 NZXT Switch 810 
MouseAudioAudioOther
Logitech G400 Asus Xonar DX Creative Aurvana Live Logitech C310 
Other
hauppauge colossus 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5-2500k @4.5 GHz 1.325v MSI P67A-G43 EVGA GeForce GTX 570  8 GB Samsung Eco  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Agility 3 240 gb WD 500 GB 2 TBGreen OCZ Agility 3 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Asus DVD+R Noctua DH-14 Windows 7 64-bit Acer 23.6" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Standard Antec Truepower New 650w NZXT Source 210 Sidewinder X8 
Mouse Pad
Nvidia freebie lulz 
  hide details  
Reply
 
AirPC
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i5 2500k Asrock Z68 Fatal1ty Professional  Powercolor 7970 G.Skill Sniper 2133 MHz 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ Agility 3 Asus Blu-ray combo drive XSPC Raystorm EK FC-7970 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Koolance PMP-450 Black Ice SR-1 360 xspc d5 dual bay reservoir Windows 7 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Potalion 2710qw Logitech G510 Corsair TX850M v2 NZXT Switch 810 
MouseAudioAudioOther
Logitech G400 Asus Xonar DX Creative Aurvana Live Logitech C310 
Other
hauppauge colossus 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5-2500k @4.5 GHz 1.325v MSI P67A-G43 EVGA GeForce GTX 570  8 GB Samsung Eco  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Agility 3 240 gb WD 500 GB 2 TBGreen OCZ Agility 3 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Asus DVD+R Noctua DH-14 Windows 7 64-bit Acer 23.6" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Standard Antec Truepower New 650w NZXT Source 210 Sidewinder X8 
Mouse Pad
Nvidia freebie lulz 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9079 of 29804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emitz989 View Post

Thought i'de share my luck - picked up a helm on the w/end with a Perfect Star Emerald for 470k gold
The gem alone is worth like 6.3 mil, what a bargain...biggrin.gif
I've socketed a 25% Gold Find Helm (which I also got for a steal at only 200k), so total GF on helm is 54% (25%+29%) - Been looking all w/end and it seems it's the highest GF helm available at the moment wheee.gif
Will be keeping it for now, may socket a high dps + crit weapon for epic crit damage - it gives +90%
Also, some advice please... If the highest GF helms on AH as of last night is 51% and they are selling for +/- 20 mil, what do you think I could get for the above mentioned helm - or would I make more from selling a socketed weapon with massive crit damage?
Wow is the only thing I can say to this... Did you get it from someone in game or from AH?

I think either way you go people will pay roughly the same price if they can afford it. Good helm or good weapon, either way they will mainly be paying for the gem haha. IMHO i'm pretty sure people look for great farming gear just as much as they look for great weapons...
post #9080 of 29804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploppytheman View Post

GAH SO MUCH BAD INFO, nothing you do matters til act 1 inferno. Just get there and then worry about anything.
Here is one of the best DH builds:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRXdVT!aYe!YaZbcZ
1h Xbows are for the super rich with 50% crit builds and super good stats, otherwise use a bow for decent-low gear, and a xbow for low gear to gib elites or you find a good deal. You will do more damage with a bow 90% of the time especially if you don't have 300m gold to spend.
You dont use a Xbow for reflect damage mobs you use a bow cuz its faster and does good damage that way you get more life for the amount of damage you do since its life on HIT... Shock Collar and Devouring are good for reflect, BL isnt. Gems in weapons are reds til you hit 60 then you need greens and a LoH weapon with socket preferably. Since your damage is gonna suck at first anyway you dont need a very good one, mine has 1200 LoH w/ gem, but I do 65k dps +9% elites and 5% scoundrel and 5k dps on scoundrel (which used to reflect back on you too).
This is where I tell someone how to play DH, it has lots of good info.
http://www.overclock.net/t/350886/official-diablo-iii-information-and-discussion-thread/9010#post_17598583

I actually disagree w/a lot of this...and your math.

SS doesn't only last 3 seconds...Yes, your first hit is burst but, you're quite frankly, not understanding the math.

IAS was nerfed because at speeds of 2.0+ you actually "trick" the game into thinking, the first/second/third/forth arrow hadn't hit. ~ That was the exploit.

This is why every single DH in the world wanted IAS and a Xbow...1m+ damage per arrow...Essentially SS was godly pre-patch because you could pull off 5-10 guaranteed 100% crit hits...

Now, you can only pull off 2-3 but, especially with hungering arrow, you're looking at 200%+crit on THAT particular string.

After that, every second is 3% which, actually changes dps quite dramatically...Particularly with Hungering arrow considering it's 70% a pierce and the chance to pierce twice is...10% ~ That's a 10% chance on the skill alone, that's stacked +70% each time.

I use an Xbow on everything, clear act 1 in 45 minutes, mostly only get reflect mobs which is why we have Smoke Screen...Duh.

I also have barely any LoH but, with Preparation + Tumble, I've never actually had a problem grabbing globes bar a waller...And then it's just about using your brain.

Quite personally, I'd stack resists...Vitality is meh because even in act 3, you're a 1-2 hit wonder regardless of what you stack...

I actually use this build, especially in act 3...http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aeXdVQ!aYe!YaZbcb ...It allows discipline to kick up again so I can screen if I have to.

There is no "best DH build" or stack this, stack that...In act 3, particularly, the game is more about skill than anything, especially if you're undergeared...Try new things and just find out what works for you.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Diablo III Information and Discussion Thread