Originally Posted by jasoncho92
I would like to know how to use a usb drive act as a floppy. His laptop doesnt have a floppy drive so thats the only way i can do that.
And i got the drivers for the HDD controller but i dont know what to do with it
1. Get HP Drive Key Boot Utility from HP.com
2. Get 32-bit Floppy Configuration Utility for IntelÂ® Matrix Storage Manager
3. Extract f6flpy32.zip to create f6flpy32.exe
4. Extract f6flpy32.exe with winrar or other similar program to create F32.IMA
5. Install HP Drive Key Boot Utility
6. Plug-in empty USB flash drive (all information will be destroyed)
7. Run HP Drive Key Boot Utility
8. Select USB flash drive letter
9. Select Create new or replace existing configuration
10. Select Floppy Disk
11. Select Image from file and browse for F32.IMA
12. Click Next, then Finish.
13. Reboot system with USB flash drive connected
14. Enter BIOS and under USB options set USB flash drive as floppy or forced FDD
15 On main screen set Legacy Diskette option to Disabled
16. Save BIOS setting and reboot
17. Boot from windows XP CD
18. Press F6
19. Load drivers from USB flash drive
20. Do not remove USB flash drive until first reboot
Its not to dificult to do. I used Winrar to extract the files.