Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › Need info on E8400
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need info on E8400 - Page 2

post #11 of 67
4.1 You can easily get with a TRUE120, I managed 4.28 on my TRUE120. Im almost at 4.4 on watercooling
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom 9950 Black Edition @ 3.0Ghz Gigabyte mATX 785G? HD3200 IGP *Passively cooled* 2x1GB WINTEC Crap, 2x2GB Patriot | DDR2 800 1.9v 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Western Digital AAKS Series 500GB Windows 7 Enterprise x64 Custom Cooked for SPEED Samsung 58" B650 1080p Plasma Logitech DiNovo Mini 
PowerCaseMouse
Silverstone 350Watt Silent PSU Cooler Master 590 Logitech DiNovo Mini 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom 9950 Black Edition @ 3.0Ghz Gigabyte mATX 785G? HD3200 IGP *Passively cooled* 2x1GB WINTEC Crap, 2x2GB Patriot | DDR2 800 1.9v 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Western Digital AAKS Series 500GB Windows 7 Enterprise x64 Custom Cooked for SPEED Samsung 58" B650 1080p Plasma Logitech DiNovo Mini 
PowerCaseMouse
Silverstone 350Watt Silent PSU Cooler Master 590 Logitech DiNovo Mini 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr4zYH3aD View Post
Sure 4.1 is nice !

I was just hoping that the E8400 would overclock more than 3.2 or 3.6, since dual cores should overclock more than quad.

If 4.1-4.3 is doable, then it's nice !
where are you getting these 3.2-3.6 numbers
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k 5000mhz(so far) ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME msi 6970 and 2 6950's Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 2133mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Force GT(os) M4 64gb(games) f3 1tb(other) Samsung Windows 7 64bit Samsung BX2450 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Black widow XFX ProSeries 1050W PSU 80+Gold  Corsair 700D Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
nope! 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k 5000mhz(so far) ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME msi 6970 and 2 6950's Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 2133mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Force GT(os) M4 64gb(games) f3 1tb(other) Samsung Windows 7 64bit Samsung BX2450 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Black widow XFX ProSeries 1050W PSU 80+Gold  Corsair 700D Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
nope! 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by microman View Post
where are you getting these 3.2-3.6 numbers
Yo seriously, the Q6600 does 3.2-3.6... LOL

E8400 is stock 3.0
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom 9950 Black Edition @ 3.0Ghz Gigabyte mATX 785G? HD3200 IGP *Passively cooled* 2x1GB WINTEC Crap, 2x2GB Patriot | DDR2 800 1.9v 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Western Digital AAKS Series 500GB Windows 7 Enterprise x64 Custom Cooked for SPEED Samsung 58" B650 1080p Plasma Logitech DiNovo Mini 
PowerCaseMouse
Silverstone 350Watt Silent PSU Cooler Master 590 Logitech DiNovo Mini 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom 9950 Black Edition @ 3.0Ghz Gigabyte mATX 785G? HD3200 IGP *Passively cooled* 2x1GB WINTEC Crap, 2x2GB Patriot | DDR2 800 1.9v 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Western Digital AAKS Series 500GB Windows 7 Enterprise x64 Custom Cooked for SPEED Samsung 58" B650 1080p Plasma Logitech DiNovo Mini 
PowerCaseMouse
Silverstone 350Watt Silent PSU Cooler Master 590 Logitech DiNovo Mini 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 67
Thread Starter 
Q6600 o/c to 3.2-3.6 on air right ?

Anyway, now that 4.1-4.2 is doable with the E8400 and a TRUE120, it's all nice !
     
CPUGraphicsRAMOS
i7 4710q Nvidia GT840M 8GB DDR-3 1600 Windows 8.1 
Monitor
17" 1600x900 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 930 D0 ASUS P6T-SE Sapphire 5750 1Gig @ 820/1275 Asus 6770 DirectCU 1Gig @ 908/1150 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Kingston Value 18 Gigs 1086mhz CL8 Western Digital 640GB Black LG GH24LS50 24x Windows 7 Home Premium 64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
ASUS VW266H 26" 1920x1200 Antec True Power New 750 watts Thermaltake V3 Black Edition Logitech G5 V2 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUGraphicsRAMOS
i7 4710q Nvidia GT840M 8GB DDR-3 1600 Windows 8.1 
Monitor
17" 1600x900 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 930 D0 ASUS P6T-SE Sapphire 5750 1Gig @ 820/1275 Asus 6770 DirectCU 1Gig @ 908/1150 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Kingston Value 18 Gigs 1086mhz CL8 Western Digital 640GB Black LG GH24LS50 24x Windows 7 Home Premium 64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
ASUS VW266H 26" 1920x1200 Antec True Power New 750 watts Thermaltake V3 Black Edition Logitech G5 V2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr4zYH3aD View Post
Q6600 o/c to 3.2-3.6 on air right ?

Anyway, now that 4.1-4.2 is doable with the E8400 and a TRUE120, it's all nice !
for the quad, depends how lucky you are

with the E8400, 80% chance that 4.0 will be very easy, other 20% will be it being an ugly chip needing max safe volts
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom 9950 Black Edition @ 3.0Ghz Gigabyte mATX 785G? HD3200 IGP *Passively cooled* 2x1GB WINTEC Crap, 2x2GB Patriot | DDR2 800 1.9v 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Western Digital AAKS Series 500GB Windows 7 Enterprise x64 Custom Cooked for SPEED Samsung 58" B650 1080p Plasma Logitech DiNovo Mini 
PowerCaseMouse
Silverstone 350Watt Silent PSU Cooler Master 590 Logitech DiNovo Mini 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom 9950 Black Edition @ 3.0Ghz Gigabyte mATX 785G? HD3200 IGP *Passively cooled* 2x1GB WINTEC Crap, 2x2GB Patriot | DDR2 800 1.9v 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Western Digital AAKS Series 500GB Windows 7 Enterprise x64 Custom Cooked for SPEED Samsung 58" B650 1080p Plasma Logitech DiNovo Mini 
PowerCaseMouse
Silverstone 350Watt Silent PSU Cooler Master 590 Logitech DiNovo Mini 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 67
Thread Starter 
There's no way to know it in advance ?
     
CPUGraphicsRAMOS
i7 4710q Nvidia GT840M 8GB DDR-3 1600 Windows 8.1 
Monitor
17" 1600x900 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 930 D0 ASUS P6T-SE Sapphire 5750 1Gig @ 820/1275 Asus 6770 DirectCU 1Gig @ 908/1150 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Kingston Value 18 Gigs 1086mhz CL8 Western Digital 640GB Black LG GH24LS50 24x Windows 7 Home Premium 64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
ASUS VW266H 26" 1920x1200 Antec True Power New 750 watts Thermaltake V3 Black Edition Logitech G5 V2 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUGraphicsRAMOS
i7 4710q Nvidia GT840M 8GB DDR-3 1600 Windows 8.1 
Monitor
17" 1600x900 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 930 D0 ASUS P6T-SE Sapphire 5750 1Gig @ 820/1275 Asus 6770 DirectCU 1Gig @ 908/1150 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Kingston Value 18 Gigs 1086mhz CL8 Western Digital 640GB Black LG GH24LS50 24x Windows 7 Home Premium 64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
ASUS VW266H 26" 1920x1200 Antec True Power New 750 watts Thermaltake V3 Black Edition Logitech G5 V2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 67
no not really
post #18 of 67
Thread Starter 
ok. Well 4ghz is really nice. Ive heard that the E8400 gets better FPS in games than the Quad.


I think ill get an E8400 now
     
CPUGraphicsRAMOS
i7 4710q Nvidia GT840M 8GB DDR-3 1600 Windows 8.1 
Monitor
17" 1600x900 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 930 D0 ASUS P6T-SE Sapphire 5750 1Gig @ 820/1275 Asus 6770 DirectCU 1Gig @ 908/1150 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Kingston Value 18 Gigs 1086mhz CL8 Western Digital 640GB Black LG GH24LS50 24x Windows 7 Home Premium 64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
ASUS VW266H 26" 1920x1200 Antec True Power New 750 watts Thermaltake V3 Black Edition Logitech G5 V2 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUGraphicsRAMOS
i7 4710q Nvidia GT840M 8GB DDR-3 1600 Windows 8.1 
Monitor
17" 1600x900 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 930 D0 ASUS P6T-SE Sapphire 5750 1Gig @ 820/1275 Asus 6770 DirectCU 1Gig @ 908/1150 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Kingston Value 18 Gigs 1086mhz CL8 Western Digital 640GB Black LG GH24LS50 24x Windows 7 Home Premium 64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
ASUS VW266H 26" 1920x1200 Antec True Power New 750 watts Thermaltake V3 Black Edition Logitech G5 V2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 67
good choice
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom 9950 Black Edition @ 3.0Ghz Gigabyte mATX 785G? HD3200 IGP *Passively cooled* 2x1GB WINTEC Crap, 2x2GB Patriot | DDR2 800 1.9v 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Western Digital AAKS Series 500GB Windows 7 Enterprise x64 Custom Cooked for SPEED Samsung 58" B650 1080p Plasma Logitech DiNovo Mini 
PowerCaseMouse
Silverstone 350Watt Silent PSU Cooler Master 590 Logitech DiNovo Mini 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom 9950 Black Edition @ 3.0Ghz Gigabyte mATX 785G? HD3200 IGP *Passively cooled* 2x1GB WINTEC Crap, 2x2GB Patriot | DDR2 800 1.9v 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Western Digital AAKS Series 500GB Windows 7 Enterprise x64 Custom Cooked for SPEED Samsung 58" B650 1080p Plasma Logitech DiNovo Mini 
PowerCaseMouse
Silverstone 350Watt Silent PSU Cooler Master 590 Logitech DiNovo Mini 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 67
Like XFreeRollerX said. you are better off getting one of the older Q74### batches. Those are the only ones that REALLY overclocked!
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8600@4.5+GHz 24/7 Stable Asus P5Q Pro EVGA GTX 285 - 675/1728/1269 G.Skill 1066 2 Gigs 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
Western Digital 320GB SATA2 7200rpm 16M Kubuntu Linux 64bit Raidmax 550W RaidMax Smilodon 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8600@4.5+GHz 24/7 Stable Asus P5Q Pro EVGA GTX 285 - 675/1728/1269 G.Skill 1066 2 Gigs 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
Western Digital 320GB SATA2 7200rpm 16M Kubuntu Linux 64bit Raidmax 550W RaidMax Smilodon 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › Need info on E8400