Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [tgdaily] Companies group together to push Macs to enterprises
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[tgdaily] Companies group together to push Macs to enterprises - Page 4  

post #31 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by MESeidel View Post
I think Apple sales a good number of iMacs to business costumers.
They still have a little price premium.
But not more than adequate.
A similar Sony VAIO also comes with brand extra ;o)




No modern Operation System should be able to freeze on a sandboxed (!) Browser Plugin!
That is big design error.

You can't rely on Software Developers to fit your OS on any situation.
It is the Job of the OS to hold the System stable and end Threads/Tasks that risk this stability.


It seems as more and more Software comes to Mac we see that OS X is far from perfect.
Windows made some good improvements on this sector.
Vista will end any Program without asking you before it goes down, it is even able to reinstall core-close Drivers on runtime.


I'm not that anti Apple Guy you might now image me to be.
But I think OS X is not very good designed (software wise) and got it's good image only because of the small Hardware and Software base.
than i should add ubuntu x64. Flash omg***hacks is hard to install unil u google to find out that you need to install some other rip of ff (2.0 I must add). This doesnt make it bad at all. Ubuntu X64 is still supported and works very well. Also why would want to go to pogo.com on A mac?. It's not A gamming OS. I amit that and I'm sure other MAC users will say the same thing

People are just afraid of change. They want there windows, always used windows and they see a thread like this and fight that windows is better than the holy king of the earth. Thats just how forums go these days
Gaming PC
(16 items)
 
HTC 10
(9 items)
 
Good Price/Performance for gaming
Intel Core i5-4690K OEM Quad Core Processor (3.50GHz-3.90GHz)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690K (Delidded) MSI Z97 MPOWER AC MAX EVGA 980 Ti Hybrid  CMY16GX3M2A2400C11R @ 2800Mhz 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
CMY16GX3M2A2400C11R @ 2800Mhz A-DATA Cheapo SSD 2x ST2000DM001-1ER164 ASMedia® ASM1061 (External) 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
swiftech h320 Stripped Win 10 x64 15063 *M* SAMSUNG LS24F350 *S* LG 22MP48HQ 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair RM850w Corsair Obsidian 750D Corsair Harpoon RGB Fiio E7 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 MSM8996 [OC] Adreno 530 2x 2GB LPDDR4 32 GB eMMC Flash 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Passive Android 7.0 2.51.617.1 Super LCD 5: 2560x1440 (565 PPI) Sony Xperia Keyboard 
Power
3,000 mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Gaming PC
(16 items)
 
HTC 10
(9 items)
 
Good Price/Performance for gaming
Intel Core i5-4690K OEM Quad Core Processor (3.50GHz-3.90GHz)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690K (Delidded) MSI Z97 MPOWER AC MAX EVGA 980 Ti Hybrid  CMY16GX3M2A2400C11R @ 2800Mhz 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
CMY16GX3M2A2400C11R @ 2800Mhz A-DATA Cheapo SSD 2x ST2000DM001-1ER164 ASMedia® ASM1061 (External) 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
swiftech h320 Stripped Win 10 x64 15063 *M* SAMSUNG LS24F350 *S* LG 22MP48HQ 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair RM850w Corsair Obsidian 750D Corsair Harpoon RGB Fiio E7 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 MSM8996 [OC] Adreno 530 2x 2GB LPDDR4 32 GB eMMC Flash 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Passive Android 7.0 2.51.617.1 Super LCD 5: 2560x1440 (565 PPI) Sony Xperia Keyboard 
Power
3,000 mAh Battery 
  hide details  
post #32 of 52
I have to admit, I've been using Linux/XP all my life. Seeing Mac breathe into life isn't what I'm going to like because I haven't used them as a personal machine. I've used them at school, and work. At school, the wireless ALWAYS goes down for some reason. As the desktop Windows seem to be fine for the most part. I think Macs are really easy to learn, just not that many people want to learn it, and are tied down to their window ways. I agree though, CAD will not be good for MACS, but office productity, the Mac wins imo. I don't like Microsoft Word (a simple word processeing app shouldnt take 20secs to startup.) I'm tired atm, so I think I might get off now
My System
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600 Asrock B350 Fatal1ty ITX Asus GTX1060 G.Skill 8gb 3000mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
250gb Samsung 850 Pro SATA LG DVD Burner Windows 10 Pro X64 23" Asus 144hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 EVGA 500w Gold EVGA Hadron Air Logitech G Pro 
  hide details  
My System
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600 Asrock B350 Fatal1ty ITX Asus GTX1060 G.Skill 8gb 3000mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
250gb Samsung 850 Pro SATA LG DVD Burner Windows 10 Pro X64 23" Asus 144hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 EVGA 500w Gold EVGA Hadron Air Logitech G Pro 
  hide details  
post #33 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownm View Post
What?



Just because it can't play (I'm sure it was a shockwave or flash problem) doesn't make it a POS. There is more to a mac than just games. I switched to mac because the fact that "I dont game". Mac OSX is just out of the box, everything ready to use type of OS. Windows is not the same (Drivers, Software, mods etc)
A Dell is ready to go out of the box too.

It is really easy to make a propietary OS that is made by the same people that release it on limited and high end hardware to make it have a small footprint and work out of the box.

OSX does not compete with Windows, it is a propietary OS for Apple hardware.
System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2500k ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen 3 AMD 7970 16GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 520 256GB SATA DVD Burner Windows 7 64 bit Deal U2410 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Adesso Mechanical Silverstone OP650 Logitech G700 
  hide details  
System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2500k ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen 3 AMD 7970 16GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 520 256GB SATA DVD Burner Windows 7 64 bit Deal U2410 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Adesso Mechanical Silverstone OP650 Logitech G700 
  hide details  
post #34 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldovi View Post
OSX does not compete with Windows, it is a propietary OS for Apple hardware.
That's what I dislike about it

You're technically not allowed to install MacOS on PC's

I don't know about you, but I don't think macs are the most customizable things out there
GE60
(13 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsHard DriveOS
Intel Core i5 4200M Geforce GTX760M 750GB WD Scorpio Black Windows 7 Home Premium 
MonitorKeyboardMouseMouse Pad
15.6" CM Quickfire Rapid CM Xornet Steelseries QcK+ 
  hide details  
GE60
(13 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsHard DriveOS
Intel Core i5 4200M Geforce GTX760M 750GB WD Scorpio Black Windows 7 Home Premium 
MonitorKeyboardMouseMouse Pad
15.6" CM Quickfire Rapid CM Xornet Steelseries QcK+ 
  hide details  
post #35 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownm View Post
What?

Just because it can't play (I'm sure it was a shockwave or flash problem) doesn't make it a POS. There is more to a mac than just games. I switched to mac because the fact that "I dont game". Mac OSX is just out of the box, everything ready to use type of OS. Windows is not the same (Drivers, Software, mods etc)
The G5 freezes so much I somtimes cant make it to google to search the problem.

and um no. It's a mac problem not flash/shockwave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownm View Post
than i should add ubuntu x64. Flash omg***hacks is hard to install unil u google to find out that you need to install some other rip of ff (2.0 I must add). This doesnt make it bad at all. Ubuntu X64 is still supported and works very well. Also why would want to go to pogo.com on A mac?. It's not A gamming OS. I amit that and I'm sure other MAC users will say the same thing

People are just afraid of change. They want there windows, always used windows and they see a thread like this and fight that windows is better than the holy king of the earth. Thats just how forums go these days
Whats that like the fourth time you have said that? Some people dont want to change because they like what they use. So why change if somthing is fine?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I3 2120 GIGABYTE GA-Z77-D3H Nvidia Evga GTX 460 G-Skill Sniper 2x4g DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Hitatchi 500gb sata. Windows 7 x64. 22' Samsung SyncMaster 220wm SpecResearch KA-558. 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Xclio 500 watt. Coolermaster  Logitech MX510. Walmart Special 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I3 2120 GIGABYTE GA-Z77-D3H Nvidia Evga GTX 460 G-Skill Sniper 2x4g DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Hitatchi 500gb sata. Windows 7 x64. 22' Samsung SyncMaster 220wm SpecResearch KA-558. 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Xclio 500 watt. Coolermaster  Logitech MX510. Walmart Special 
  hide details  
post #36 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Licht View Post
I don't see why they are trying to get Macs more widely used, people don't like new things (like Vista) and they don't have any real advantages that i have seen.
And XP doesnt have any real advantages either..

Any software on XP in enterprise has a OSX equivelent somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekigahara View Post
And you'll see that reliability drop and Mac viruses/bugs increase as Macs become more popular.

Why do you think there aren't nearly as many viruses for Macs? Because the people who make viruses DON'T CARE ABOUT MACS. Why create a virus for OSX when you can make a virus for Windows, the OS that houses the majority of important data as far as large businesses and such are concerned?

Mac users just don't get that their own lack of problems is directly related to their low popularity in comparison with Windows.
Viruses.. No. Bugs? Yeah..

See, the problem with people like you, is you dont know what a virus is.

A virus is a self-replicating peice of malicious code. On Unix, viruses cant really self replicate because of the permissions. Same with Linux, as Linux is based on Unix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyn View Post
Troll Flame aside I'll disagree with you... not everyone is as skilled with OS's and servers as you are. Therefore, they won't know as much and won't be as accustomed to the various environments. I've used Vista, Ubuntu, and Leopard and Vista is a lot easier to use than the other two. Not only that, people are more familiar with Windows Based PCs, and WILL need training. If my company switched over to Macs, I would literally have to be retrained in everything. Macs aren't as straightforward as people portray them to be... If I gave my mom a Mac she would probably break down and cry because they're impossible to navigate without prior knowledge of the OS, and all the programs she uses wouldn't be available for it.

There is a reason people use Windows far more than they use Macs: EASE AND COST OF USAGE are both considerably lower.
Cost of usage? Ok... Stop comparing custom built pc's to macs. Go make a comparable PC with with the same size monitor as the mac has and compare it. You might be surprised, unless of course you fail horribly at going to dell.com and hp.com...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coma View Post
Oh yay. Promoting Mac to businesses means more software that Windows users can't use.
.. Eh???

Mac's can dual boot with Windows XP. A business will have licenses laying around that they can use more than likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldovi View Post
The biggest fallacy that I see when people compare a Mac to a PC is that they are typically comparing a $2000+ Mac to a $500 PC.

It doesn't really make sense from a business stance to go OSX, the prices are ridiculous.
Again, stop using a custom built pc comparison. $500 wont let you even TOUCH a mac pro. The $2000 mac's are Mac Pro's with multiple processors. Go configure a PC like that and youll see the prices are similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MESeidel View Post
I think Apple sales a good number of iMacs to business costumers.
They still have a little price premium.
But not more than adequate.
A similar Sony VAIO also comes with brand extra ;o)




No modern Operation System should be able to freeze on a sandboxed (!) Browser Plugin!
That is big design error.

You can't rely on Software Developers to fit your OS on any situation.
It is the Job of the OS to hold the System stable and end Threads/Tasks that risk this stability.


It seems as more and more Software comes to Mac we see that OS X is far from perfect.
Windows made some good improvements on this sector.
Vista will end any Program without asking you before it goes down, it is even able to reinstall core-close Drivers on runtime.


I'm not that anti Apple Guy you might now image me to be.
But I think OS X is not very good designed (software wise) and got it's good image only because of the small Hardware and Software base.
I take it you have little experience with OSX, yes? Hardware runs the OS fine, its responsive.. The Software, well the OS comes with alot of software pre-installed that is actually useful, instead of the junk Dell or HP loads on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan747 View Post
The G5 freezes so much I somtimes cant make it to google to search the problem.

and um no. It's a mac problem not flash/shockwave.



Whats that like the fourth time you have said that? Some people dont want to change because they like what they use. So why change if somthing is fine?
Its a problem of improper maintenance. The IT guy there must be a bit on the moronic side or something..
> Scotland
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE ASUS M4A89GTD 9600GT OC G.SKILL Ripjaws 4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB WD Cavier Black Lite-On SATA DVD+RW Windows 7 Professional Samsung BX2335 + Samsung 2253BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft FSP FX600-GLN-E Aspire X-Cruiser Razer Diamondback 3G 
Mouse Pad
Wacom Intuios 4 Medium 
  hide details  
> Scotland
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE ASUS M4A89GTD 9600GT OC G.SKILL Ripjaws 4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB WD Cavier Black Lite-On SATA DVD+RW Windows 7 Professional Samsung BX2335 + Samsung 2253BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft FSP FX600-GLN-E Aspire X-Cruiser Razer Diamondback 3G 
Mouse Pad
Wacom Intuios 4 Medium 
  hide details  
post #37 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelouch View Post
And XP doesnt have any real advantages either..

Any software on XP in enterprise has a OSX equivelent somewhere.
XP has the massive advantage of the companies' workers using it every day and knowing how to. Whereas they have to be trained (which costs allot) for OSX. Additionally much more software is developed for XP then OSX. And Vista is even better then XP, since were talking which a company should chose. (Although I'm not encouraging the money spent upgrading to Vista, it isn't worth it usually.)
Lee XT
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6300 Asus M5A97 SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7850 AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ OCZ Vertex 4 256GB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H80 Windows 8.1 Pro MCE Dell P2414H WHXV7  Microsoft Generic 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Ultra 600W Limited Edition NZXT Black Steel Razer Deathadder Razer Goliath 
Audio
Realtek HD Audio 
  hide details  
Lee XT
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6300 Asus M5A97 SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7850 AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ OCZ Vertex 4 256GB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H80 Windows 8.1 Pro MCE Dell P2414H WHXV7  Microsoft Generic 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Ultra 600W Limited Edition NZXT Black Steel Razer Deathadder Razer Goliath 
Audio
Realtek HD Audio 
  hide details  
post #38 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelouch View Post
Cost of usage? Ok... Stop comparing custom built pc's to macs. Go make a comparable PC with with the same size monitor as the mac has and compare it. You might be surprised, unless of course you fail horribly at going to dell.com and hp.com...

Again, stop using a custom built pc comparison. $500 wont let you even TOUCH a mac pro. The $2000 mac's are Mac Pro's with multiple processors. Go configure a PC like that and youll see the prices are similar.
Are you sure you want to go down this path? It won't be pretty for Mac...

I bolded where each system has an advantage. Keep in mind the price differences.

Dell
Intel® Core™2 Duo Proc E8400 (3.00GHz,6MB L2Cache,1333FSB)
Genuine Windows Vista® Business
1 Year Basic Limited Warranty and 1 Year NBD On-Site Service
Dell 24 inch Widescreen E248WFP Analog Flat Panel Display
3GB DDR2 SDRAM 800MHZ
Single Drive: 16X (DVD+/-RW) Burner Drive
256MB ATI Radeon HD 3650
500GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache™
IEEE 1394 Adapter with Cable
Internal PCI 802.11g Wireless Network Card
Dell Energy Smart Enabled
No Pre-installed Productivity Software
No Pre-installed Anti-Virus/Security Software
No bloatware on any of Dell's business class machines
Dell USB Keyboard
Dell Optical USB Mouse

Total cost (sans shipping/tax): $1,488

Mac
3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (ahead by 60MHz )
2GB 800MHz DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO w/256MB GDDR3
500GB Serial ATA Drive
Apple Mighty Mouse
Apple Keyboard (English) + User's Guide
Accessory kit (awesome, I really think the $500+ extra is worth this kit)
SuperDrive 8x (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
24-inch glossy widescreen LCD
AirPort Extreme
Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR

Total cost (sans shipping/tax): $2,049
The Fox Box
(16 items)
 
Macbook Pro
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K ASUS P9X79 ASUS GTX 570 DCII 4 x 4GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz LV 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Intel 330 - 180GB LG HDDVD & Blu Ray Reader Cooler Master Hyper 612 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
HP ZR30w Samsung 2243BWX Ducky! PCP&C 750w Silencer (coppa) 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lian Li PC-E8 G9x S&S Steel Onkyo Receiver/Design Acoustics 2.1 system 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i5 2410M HD 3000 8GB 120GB SSD 
Optical DriveOSOSOS
Super Drive OSX 10.7.2 Win 7 Enterprise (In VB) Ubuntu 10.04 (In VB) 
MonitorPower
13" 1280x800 65w Magsafe 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Q9300 Gigabyte P35 8GB DDR2 2TB WD 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2TB WD 2TB Seagate 1.5TB Seagate 1.5TB Seagate 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
1TB Hitachi 1TB Hitachi 500GB WD DVD-RW 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win Server 2012 Headless/15" touchscreen Apple mini USB PC P&C 500W 
  hide details  
The Fox Box
(16 items)
 
Macbook Pro
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K ASUS P9X79 ASUS GTX 570 DCII 4 x 4GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz LV 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Intel 330 - 180GB LG HDDVD & Blu Ray Reader Cooler Master Hyper 612 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
HP ZR30w Samsung 2243BWX Ducky! PCP&C 750w Silencer (coppa) 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lian Li PC-E8 G9x S&S Steel Onkyo Receiver/Design Acoustics 2.1 system 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i5 2410M HD 3000 8GB 120GB SSD 
Optical DriveOSOSOS
Super Drive OSX 10.7.2 Win 7 Enterprise (In VB) Ubuntu 10.04 (In VB) 
MonitorPower
13" 1280x800 65w Magsafe 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Q9300 Gigabyte P35 8GB DDR2 2TB WD 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2TB WD 2TB Seagate 1.5TB Seagate 1.5TB Seagate 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
1TB Hitachi 1TB Hitachi 500GB WD DVD-RW 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win Server 2012 Headless/15" touchscreen Apple mini USB PC P&C 500W 
  hide details  
post #39 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluecow003 View Post
Well until they start making AutoCAD and all my structural analysis software for Mac, I don't think I'll have to worry about switching. Not too many engineers out there use Macs.
Don't forget Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server.

Oh yeah...and Quicktest automated test suite among other testing tools. Oh yeah, and SQL Server...

Funny enough, when I started at my latest job about 6 months ago, there were 3-4 Mac users who were very proud of that fact. I overheard one of them talking to someone the other day saying that he got sick of OSX and how everything is different and a pain in the butt to do so he sold his Mac. This is a very tech savvy guy, too.

For those who want choice and differences, that's great as the consumer usually does win in the end. However, when dealing with someting which needs to connect to other things, it's best to have standards. Computers are one case where things that are the same are actually good. That way everything talks and plays nicely together.

Imagine if gas stations had different nozzle diameters for different vehicles. You'd have to go to a Ford gas station to get gas for your Ford and a Chevy gas station to fill up your Chevy.

Honestly, I would love to be able to take any piece of hardware or software and plug it into my computer. I think that in the computer industry, the consumer will win if there's only one format for companies to adhere to. Just think...all of your applications running on one platform. You get to go to the store and say "give me a computer" and not have to be sad that you had to do without one of your favorite apps or games because of the OS choice you made.

While the industry has begun moving in the direction of interoperability, it definitely adds complications. My company makes applications for both Windows platforms and IBM iSeries servers. My product needs to talk with both of those...man, what a pain in the butt that is!!!
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9450 @ 3.0 Gigabyte GA-P45-UD3P Evga 9800GTX+ 800/1943/1200 2x2GB OCZ 1066 LV 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Vertex 2 40gb + 750gb Seagate 7200.10 Lite-On 24x DVD+-RW Windows 7 x64 LG 22" 1680x1050 
PowerCase
Corsair HX520w modular Coolermaster CM-690 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Sempron LE-1250 Gigabyte GA-MA78GPM-DS2H 2GB (2x1GB) Corsair Ballistix 1066 2x750GB Western Digital RE2 Green power 
OSPowerCase
Windows Home Server w/ PP3 Ultra 400w modular Antec 300 
  hide details  
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9450 @ 3.0 Gigabyte GA-P45-UD3P Evga 9800GTX+ 800/1943/1200 2x2GB OCZ 1066 LV 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Vertex 2 40gb + 750gb Seagate 7200.10 Lite-On 24x DVD+-RW Windows 7 x64 LG 22" 1680x1050 
PowerCase
Corsair HX520w modular Coolermaster CM-690 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Sempron LE-1250 Gigabyte GA-MA78GPM-DS2H 2GB (2x1GB) Corsair Ballistix 1066 2x750GB Western Digital RE2 Green power 
OSPowerCase
Windows Home Server w/ PP3 Ultra 400w modular Antec 300 
  hide details  
post #40 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan747 View Post
That was far the biggest crock of horse crap I have seen. I use a mac at school and it is way more difficult then XP. Also I took my grandma to a mac store to see how she liked OSX and she said "I don't get this, I like my laptop better". Also you say a mac doesn't have problems crashing? Funny how about 3 out of 5 G5's in my class freeze up doing simple task's.
Maybe you're just not smart. I mean, it's simple as that. OSX is to computers as Spanish is to language. That's just about what it boils down to. I wouldn't take this as any scholarly evidence or anything, but just today on the Armstrong and Getty show, they were talking about how instruction manuals are always crap. They did praise Apple, though, saying that the products are "so intuitive that you don't need the manual; most things are done the obvious way anyway."

Example: To delete a program in OSX, you drag the application to the Trash and hit delete. In windows, you go to the control panel, go to the uninstaller, select the program, open up the uninstall wizard...

And as for the crashing: stop judging off of other peoples' stupid computers. You don't own one, so you really have no say. It's not like those computers are well kept as mine. If you want to hear what a Mac is really like, you should talk to smart people on this forum who own one, like me, Marin, DangerousHobo, Audi, Unknownm... But then again, you don't want to hear our experiences because they might make apple products look decent, and really, who wants that

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman331 View Post
I'm not a Windows man turned into a Mac fan boy but I have to admit that a lot of my attitudes have changed since actually using a MBP with Dual Boot OS X and XP. We have to X servers and those machines are impossible to manually configuration without disabling one feature enabling another/etc.
Same here. I used to be a rabid apple hater years ago, until I went to my friend's house and actually TRIED to use one. He's an apple fanboy, and I make fun of him for it. He believes Macs never get viruses or malware... You know that kind of guy. Nonetheless, I still think apple makes a great product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyn View Post
Macs aren't as straightforward as people portray them to be...
As a matter of fact, they are for the most part. Depending on the specific environment, some training would probably be called for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyn View Post
If I gave my mom a Mac she would probably break down and cry because they're impossible to navigate without prior knowledge of the OS
I doubt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldovi View Post
It doesn't really make sense from a business stance to go OSX, the prices are ridiculous.
I'd say it depends. For a small office, I don't see what the problem with a $600 Mac Mini would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan747 View Post
How can I google the problem if I can even go to google. They are the biggest POS I have ever used. I tryed to play a pogo game and it froze up. My PC never once froze up on pogo.com.
Come on, you're just trolling. You're not even hiding it.

I don't understand where this comes from. All this hate from a website not working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mootsfox View Post
Are you sure you want to go down this path? It won't be pretty for Mac...

I bolded where each system has an advantage. Keep in mind the price differences.
You've seen my comparisons, the ones that were as apples-to-apples as can be? Why not quote those?
Edited by The Hundred Gunner - 7/1/08 at 6:53pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [tgdaily] Companies group together to push Macs to enterprises