Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › Console Gaming › Xbox › Need to sell one (PS3 or Xbox360) my dilema
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need to sell one (PS3 or Xbox360) my dilema - Page 3

post #21 of 38
ps3's are dumb to me, only reason to buy one is blu ray and if you dont use it theres no need for a ps3.
BOOM
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 @ 3.00 UD3P w/ HR-05 9800GT Evga 4GB 2x2 G.Skill ddr2 800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
160gb Windows XP 64 bit 22" LCD 750TX Corsair 
  hide details  
Reply
BOOM
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 @ 3.00 UD3P w/ HR-05 9800GT Evga 4GB 2x2 G.Skill ddr2 800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
160gb Windows XP 64 bit 22" LCD 750TX Corsair 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMikeTheMike View Post
You can't cherry pick arguments in favor of your console of choice. What I stated is entirely accurate - All the "hailed" 360 games, ie. Gears of War, Mass Effect, Halo...the games supposedly worth owning a 360 for, come out on PC. While PS3 exclusives such as MGS, Gran Turismo, Drakes, Resistance, etc, will never be out on PC.

I just calls 'em like I sees 'em. It is a valid argument. You can imply than I'm a fanboy, but what I'm stating is true, so I'm not sure how that fits the bill for a fanboy.

Always a fun debate with you Vulcan
There aren't even talks of releasing Halo 3 on PC so that statement is speculation and nothing more. Using your own logic of past events, MGS4 will eventually make its way to PC and 360 given that the past 3 iterations were on GCN, Xbox and PC.

The only games that have made it to PC that were 360 exclusive was Gears of War, Mass Effect and Viva Pinata. Games like Forza 3, Cry On, Star Ocean 4, Tales of Versperia, Gears of War 2, Viva Pinata 2, Infinite Undiscovery, Last Remnant, Banjo: Nuts and Bolts, Fable 2, Too Human and all the other countless exclusives that the 360 has, which is way more than what the PS3 has 'till this day; PGR3+4, Dead or Alive 4, Kameo, Dead Rising, Forza 2, Blue Dragon, Enchanted Arms, Ninja Gaiden 2, PDZ, Ghost Recon, Kingdom Under Fire, Lost Odyssey etc. etc. etc.

The only thing the PS3 is good for is BD, in my opinon. As far as media functionality goes, the 360 is as good or better. Except I can download HD movies and TV shows on my 360, pause/record live TV through MCE..so I don't see how your proclamations prove correct in any way. The only advantage is has with regards to 360 in terms of functionality is a built-in web browser, which my PC does alot better.

What say ye now?
Edited by BizzareRide - 7/3/08 at 1:44pm
Po' Pimpin'
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i5 2500k @ stock Biostar TZ68K+ [A3] 4GB  Sandforce 1222 64GB SSD 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG 22x DVD-+RW  Stock Windows 7 x64 Acer S211HL 1080p 
PowerCaseMouse
600w Diablotek Linkworld Electronic Inland 
  hide details  
Reply
Po' Pimpin'
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i5 2500k @ stock Biostar TZ68K+ [A3] 4GB  Sandforce 1222 64GB SSD 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG 22x DVD-+RW  Stock Windows 7 x64 Acer S211HL 1080p 
PowerCaseMouse
600w Diablotek Linkworld Electronic Inland 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobalobabingbong View Post
More games = better console? Again, just your opinoin. I prefer for my console to work, and not after getting my 3rd one... Stupid RROD!!!
The best part of this statement is that M$ is actually good to replace bad consoles. I know of a bunch of people who's PS3's are bad now.

Someone had to replace their system within the first month because it kept on freezing and then last week they have to ship it out to sony to get it fixed because it wouldn't play anything. They had the PS3 for 7 months.

PS3's are having more and more problems lately, just its under the radar because everyone likes to pick on M$.
HTPC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AM3 250 Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3 ASUS EN210 LP 512 MB 4 GB Corsair Value 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
40gig WD IDE XBMC Live 67" Samsung Antec 380 Watt 
  hide details  
Reply
HTPC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AM3 250 Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3 ASUS EN210 LP 512 MB 4 GB Corsair Value 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
40gig WD IDE XBMC Live 67" Samsung Antec 380 Watt 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashblk View Post
When a cheap 7600GT/19inch monitor can kick the 360's ass and make games look better (COD4, Assasin's Creed) then it doesn't make sense keeping the 360 either?

Confusing....
what are you talking about.. i have a 7600gt and a 19inch and it looks way better on 360...
Wofldale
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E7200 Wolfdale ASUS P5N-T Deluxe 780i EVGA 8800GT 512MB 2gb 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
250gb, 500gb Vista/XP 19in acer G-15 
PowerMouseMouse Pad
450VX Corsair Razer Copperhead Rocketfish 
  hide details  
Reply
Wofldale
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E7200 Wolfdale ASUS P5N-T Deluxe 780i EVGA 8800GT 512MB 2gb 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
250gb, 500gb Vista/XP 19in acer G-15 
PowerMouseMouse Pad
450VX Corsair Razer Copperhead Rocketfish 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMikeTheMike View Post
You can't cherry pick and twist arguments. What I stated is entirely accurate - All the "hailed" 360 games, ie. Gears of War, Mass Effect, Halo...the games supposedly worth owning a 360 for, come out on PC. While PS3 exclusives such as MGS, Gran Turismo, Drakes, Resistance, etc, will never be out on PC.
I didn't cherry pick or twist. The list of games are straight off of GameStop's lists. Their data, not mine. I picked the six-month history because a) it's the default, b) it obviously took me less time, and c) it was the only way I believed the PS3 even held a fighting chance. We all know that the first year of PS3 games had a dearth of "hailed" games. If you want me to go back and compare their entire catalog, I suppose I can, if that's what it takes to put this ridiculous argument to bed once and for all.

Quote:
I just calls 'em like I sees 'em.
Blind umpires call 'em like they see 'em, too. When given a pair of glasses, I expect them to recognize that their calls might need some revisioning. If the way you "see 'em" isn't changed when presented with contradictory facts, what exactly do you expect me to think? How am I not to think you're being a fanboy? Back it up with evidence, don't give me some lame "I call 'em like I see 'em" nonsense, man.
Vulcan's PC
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 6700K Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 EVGA GTX 970 G.Skill Ripjaws 4 DDR4-3000 16GB (4x4) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M500 SSD Western Digital Caviar LG Blu-Ray burner Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 Acer XB270HU Logitech G15 ThermalTake Smart 750W 
CaseMouse
Lian Li PC-6077 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
Vulcan's PC
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 6700K Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 EVGA GTX 970 G.Skill Ripjaws 4 DDR4-3000 16GB (4x4) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M500 SSD Western Digital Caviar LG Blu-Ray burner Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 Acer XB270HU Logitech G15 ThermalTake Smart 750W 
CaseMouse
Lian Li PC-6077 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanDragon View Post
I didn't cherry pick or twist. The list of games are straight off of GameStop's lists. Their data, not mine. I picked the six-month history because a) it's the default, b) it obviously took me less time, and c) it was the only way I believed the PS3 even held a fighting chance. We all know that the first year of PS3 games had a dearth of "hailed" games. If you want me to go back and compare their entire catalog, I suppose I can, if that's what it takes to put this ridiculous argument to bed once and for all.



Blind umpires call 'em like they see 'em, too. When given a pair of glasses, I expect them to recognize that their calls might need some revisioning. If the way you "see 'em" isn't changed when presented with contradictory facts, what exactly do you expect me to think? How am I not to think you're being a fanboy? Back it up with evidence, don't give me some lame "I call 'em like I see 'em" nonsense, man.
You're completely ignoring what I'm saying and instead fashioning me as a blind fanboy, when what I am saying is neither fanboyish or false, therefore you're twisting the argument. And notice I didn't disagree with anything you said. You're just not responding to my point, which is that, in general, all the top-tier games for 360 come out for PC. Halo, Bioshock, GoW, Mass Effect, etc. These games are what people recommend for the 360 anytime anyone asks. Those games are all out on PC. Are there exceptions, sure, I don't deny that either.

So it's not me who needs glasses.
ElRigTheRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 2.4 GHz Asus Maximus Formula Asus EN8800GT 512MB 4GB G.Skill DDR2-1000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1.858TB (3x JBOD) HP 16x DVD Burner Vista Ultimate x64 SP2 24" FPD2485 Gateway LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Ultra X3 1000w Antec P182 Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Razer Xact Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
ElRigTheRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 2.4 GHz Asus Maximus Formula Asus EN8800GT 512MB 4GB G.Skill DDR2-1000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1.858TB (3x JBOD) HP 16x DVD Burner Vista Ultimate x64 SP2 24" FPD2485 Gateway LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Ultra X3 1000w Antec P182 Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Razer Xact Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 38
Keeps the 360 to play the games that won't make it to pc, then sell the ps3 simple as that 360 is secondary until some big launch game comes out
Boot Scootin'
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8120 GA-990FXA-UD3 MSI R9 390X Corsair  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair  ocz vertex 3 seagate Samsung 
Optical DriveCoolingOSPower
LG bluray Cooler Master 612 Windows 7 xfx 
Case
Antec Dark Fleet 
  hide details  
Reply
Boot Scootin'
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8120 GA-990FXA-UD3 MSI R9 390X Corsair  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair  ocz vertex 3 seagate Samsung 
Optical DriveCoolingOSPower
LG bluray Cooler Master 612 Windows 7 xfx 
Case
Antec Dark Fleet 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 38
It depends on which one will sell for more
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5820k @4.5GHZ Asus Rampage V Extreme  EVGA 980ti classified 64GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
[Samsung 950 Pro 512GB][2X Samsung 840 250GB Ra... 16X LITESCRIDE DVD-RW EK Double Res, Double Pump, GPU, CPU combo Windows 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
55IN 4K  Ducky Shine Corsair RM 1000i Modular STH10 
Mouse
Corsair m95 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5820k @4.5GHZ Asus Rampage V Extreme  EVGA 980ti classified 64GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
[Samsung 950 Pro 512GB][2X Samsung 840 250GB Ra... 16X LITESCRIDE DVD-RW EK Double Res, Double Pump, GPU, CPU combo Windows 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
55IN 4K  Ducky Shine Corsair RM 1000i Modular STH10 
Mouse
Corsair m95 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMikeTheMike View Post
You're completely ignoring what I'm saying and instead fashioning me as a blind fanboy, when what I am saying is neither fanboyish or false, therefore you're twisting the argument. And notice I didn't disagree with anything you said. You're just not responding to my point, which is that, in general, all the top-tier games for 360 come out for PC. Halo, Bioshock, GoW, Mass Effect, etc. These games are what people recommend for the 360 anytime anyone asks. Those games are all out on PC. Are there exceptions, sure, I don't deny that either.
I'm not ignoring what you're saying at all, I'm refuting you. My argument is based on data...not something I made up, or my perception, or what I anecdotally believe I see people saying in the limited confines of the sites I happen to visit. I pulled the top reviewed games in the last six months...you cannot refute that.

Where your argument is based entirely on what you want to personally categorize as the "top-tier" games. The fact that one particular game creates a lot more buzz than another is absolutely noteworthy, I don't disagree for a moment. But attempting to limit the conversation to such a small handful is misguided, if for no other reason than it's often too subjective. For the first year of its life, any game on the PS3 that wasn't a huge disappointment begame a "top tier" game by default. Lair was supposed to be a top-tier blockbuster, and it turned out to be more useful as toilet paper than as a game. And sorry, but Drake's Fortune, one of your examples, is not on the same blockbuster level as the Halo 3s, BioShocks, GTA4s, and MGS4s of the world. But I have no doubt that it deserved the critical accolades it got. So I beieve it belongs in any analysis likemine, based on review scores; but not yours, based on the "top tier" games of the world...cause sorry, it don't belong unless you're the one doing the cherry picking.

So if you're going to persist with this line or argument, you're basically telling me that your subjective reasoning of what the top-tier games are somehow supercedes the data. In which case I will happily avoid these kinds of debates with you in the future, because nothing supercedes facts and data. (Thus my appeal to back up your earlier arguments with evidence, not more rhetoric. Didn't get it, and don't expect it.)
Vulcan's PC
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 6700K Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 EVGA GTX 970 G.Skill Ripjaws 4 DDR4-3000 16GB (4x4) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M500 SSD Western Digital Caviar LG Blu-Ray burner Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 Acer XB270HU Logitech G15 ThermalTake Smart 750W 
CaseMouse
Lian Li PC-6077 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
Vulcan's PC
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 6700K Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 EVGA GTX 970 G.Skill Ripjaws 4 DDR4-3000 16GB (4x4) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M500 SSD Western Digital Caviar LG Blu-Ray burner Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro x64 Acer XB270HU Logitech G15 ThermalTake Smart 750W 
CaseMouse
Lian Li PC-6077 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
The best part of this statement is that M$ is actually good to replace bad consoles. I know of a bunch of people who's PS3's are bad now.

Someone had to replace their system within the first month because it kept on freezing and then last week they have to ship it out to sony to get it fixed because it wouldn't play anything. They had the PS3 for 7 months.

PS3's are having more and more problems lately, just its under the radar because everyone likes to pick on M$.

No system is invulnerable to problems. The xbox 360 had a design flaw which created problems in mass. The ps3 doesn't suffer from design flaws (that we know of). If the failure rate ever gets to where the xbox was then there is a problem lol. Not trying to bash either system but you cant compare problems with the 360 not even close to the same level.
Darkness
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690k asus z97-ar gigabyte 980 ti g1 gaming G-Skill Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
WD Black Samsung EVO 840 Windows 8 Pro 64Bit Ultrasharp 27" 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP W2338H 23" Black Widow Ultimate Corsair HK1000W Corsair 600T SE 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie EC2 Zowie (Pure exellence) dt880 sound blaster recon3d 
Audio
swan m10 
  hide details  
Reply
Darkness
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690k asus z97-ar gigabyte 980 ti g1 gaming G-Skill Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
WD Black Samsung EVO 840 Windows 8 Pro 64Bit Ultrasharp 27" 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP W2338H 23" Black Widow Ultimate Corsair HK1000W Corsair 600T SE 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie EC2 Zowie (Pure exellence) dt880 sound blaster recon3d 
Audio
swan m10 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Xbox
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › Console Gaming › Xbox › Need to sell one (PS3 or Xbox360) my dilema