Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Y!] Voyager Spacecraft Reveals Solar System Edge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Y!] Voyager Spacecraft Reveals Solar System Edge - Page 8

post #71 of 98
Sweet. Ty mentholmoose
Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Sapphire 5870 Cypress XT EF6 2GB 4GB (2x2GB) G.SKILL 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
32GB Corsair SSD + 2x 320 + 1x 250 Lightscribe drive Windows 7 Ultimate Hanns-G HG-216DPO 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard OCZ GameXStream 850W HAF 932 Logitech G5 Laser Gaming Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Allsop 
  hide details  
Reply
Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Sapphire 5870 Cypress XT EF6 2GB 4GB (2x2GB) G.SKILL 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
32GB Corsair SSD + 2x 320 + 1x 250 Lightscribe drive Windows 7 Ultimate Hanns-G HG-216DPO 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard OCZ GameXStream 850W HAF 932 Logitech G5 Laser Gaming Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Allsop 
  hide details  
Reply
post #72 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSpock2002 View Post
You have your opinion it's just that an opinion.

I quote you:
"Also, generally science evolves BASED upon the ground work laid out by current theories."

You just hit the nail on the head. CURRENT THEORIES, thank you.


But to come right out and point blank say that science as we know it now is 100 percent true, or to say somthing will never be possable is just plain ignorance no matter how you look at it.

Who's to say that some genious in a future generation won't come up with a different base for math, or radical new ideas and theories that at some point can be proven correct.
the world is flat...
Who's next
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel core i7 965 Gigabyte x58 extreme on water 2 gtx 295s corsair dominators 3 gig DDR3 1600 mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
velociraptor 300 gigx2 (raid 0) sony bd-rom bdu-xs10s-hp light scribe dvd-rw windows vista 64bit samsung 24"x2, 92" with sim c3x 1080p pj 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
broken hp lol Toughpower 1200 watt cosmos s g5 
  hide details  
Reply
Who's next
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel core i7 965 Gigabyte x58 extreme on water 2 gtx 295s corsair dominators 3 gig DDR3 1600 mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
velociraptor 300 gigx2 (raid 0) sony bd-rom bdu-xs10s-hp light scribe dvd-rw windows vista 64bit samsung 24"x2, 92" with sim c3x 1080p pj 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
broken hp lol Toughpower 1200 watt cosmos s g5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #73 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by iggster View Post
the world is flat...
WHAT?!!?! DAMMIT!
Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Sapphire 5870 Cypress XT EF6 2GB 4GB (2x2GB) G.SKILL 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
32GB Corsair SSD + 2x 320 + 1x 250 Lightscribe drive Windows 7 Ultimate Hanns-G HG-216DPO 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard OCZ GameXStream 850W HAF 932 Logitech G5 Laser Gaming Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Allsop 
  hide details  
Reply
Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Sapphire 5870 Cypress XT EF6 2GB 4GB (2x2GB) G.SKILL 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
32GB Corsair SSD + 2x 320 + 1x 250 Lightscribe drive Windows 7 Ultimate Hanns-G HG-216DPO 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard OCZ GameXStream 850W HAF 932 Logitech G5 Laser Gaming Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Allsop 
  hide details  
Reply
post #74 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSpock2002 View Post
You have your opinion it's just that an opinion.

I quote you:
"Also, generally science evolves BASED upon the ground work laid out by current theories."

You just hit the nail on the head. CURRENT THEORIES, thank you.


But to come right out and point blank say that science as we know it now is 100 percent true, or to say somthing will never be possable is just plain ignorance no matter how you look at it.

Who's to say that some genious in a future generation won't come up with a different base for math, or radical new ideas and theories that at some point can be proven correct.
Until they do... it doesn't matter.

The argument is not valid since it goes against the definition of science. It is more philosophical. Creationists are using EXACTLY the same flawed argument.

Please look up the "Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster" and how what things "may be" isn't science.

I assume you know difference between layman's definition of Theory and the scientific meaning of Theory?
Once again...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 [4.28GHz, HT] Asus P6T + Broadcom NetXtreme II VisionTek HD5850 [900/1200] + Galaxy GT240 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaw X [1632 MHz] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel X25-M 160GB + 3xRAID0 500GB 7200.12 Window 7 Pro 64 Acer H243H + Samsung 226BW XARMOR-U9BL  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec Truepower New 750W Li Lian PC-V2100 [10x120mm fans] Logitech G9 X-Trac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Once again...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 [4.28GHz, HT] Asus P6T + Broadcom NetXtreme II VisionTek HD5850 [900/1200] + Galaxy GT240 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaw X [1632 MHz] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel X25-M 160GB + 3xRAID0 500GB 7200.12 Window 7 Pro 64 Acer H243H + Samsung 226BW XARMOR-U9BL  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec Truepower New 750W Li Lian PC-V2100 [10x120mm fans] Logitech G9 X-Trac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #75 of 98
This thread is great.
post #76 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by System32 View Post
This thread is great.
I know. The ignorance is abundant.

"Hey human beings don't evolve, oh and guess what our science stays the same too".
Lantia
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 3.0Ghz 1.285v ABIT IP35 Pro EVGA GTX280 SC / Hauppauge HVR 1800 8 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x WD SE16 500GB Asus DVD-RW 1814BLT & LG GGC-H20L BR/HD-DVD Vista Ultimate x64 SP 1 Acer P221W 22" & Acer AL2216 22" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Reclussa Rosewill RX750-D-B NZXT Zero Logitech G7 
Mouse Pad
XTRAC RIPPER XL & XTRAC X-Trac D-Gel Wrist Rest 
  hide details  
Reply
Lantia
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 3.0Ghz 1.285v ABIT IP35 Pro EVGA GTX280 SC / Hauppauge HVR 1800 8 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x WD SE16 500GB Asus DVD-RW 1814BLT & LG GGC-H20L BR/HD-DVD Vista Ultimate x64 SP 1 Acer P221W 22" & Acer AL2216 22" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Reclussa Rosewill RX750-D-B NZXT Zero Logitech G7 
Mouse Pad
XTRAC RIPPER XL & XTRAC X-Trac D-Gel Wrist Rest 
  hide details  
Reply
post #77 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSpock2002 View Post
I know. The ignorance is abundant.

"Hey human beings don't evolve, oh and guess what our science stays the same too".
No... I am using science and I know science evolves. However, you can't just inject fantasy into science.

E=mc^2 is well established. Increasing speeds is NOT the way to achieve FTL. Can you prove otherwise? I however did propose a method for "FTL" that still follows existing understanding of the universe.
Once again...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 [4.28GHz, HT] Asus P6T + Broadcom NetXtreme II VisionTek HD5850 [900/1200] + Galaxy GT240 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaw X [1632 MHz] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel X25-M 160GB + 3xRAID0 500GB 7200.12 Window 7 Pro 64 Acer H243H + Samsung 226BW XARMOR-U9BL  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec Truepower New 750W Li Lian PC-V2100 [10x120mm fans] Logitech G9 X-Trac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Once again...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 [4.28GHz, HT] Asus P6T + Broadcom NetXtreme II VisionTek HD5850 [900/1200] + Galaxy GT240 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaw X [1632 MHz] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel X25-M 160GB + 3xRAID0 500GB 7200.12 Window 7 Pro 64 Acer H243H + Samsung 226BW XARMOR-U9BL  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec Truepower New 750W Li Lian PC-V2100 [10x120mm fans] Logitech G9 X-Trac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #78 of 98
Duckie does have a point.

i think everyone is making very valid points here. i wouldnt go as far as saying one mans opinion is ignorance to another, obviously there are some of us who are a lot more open-minded or, as Duckie put, 'philosophical' when it comes to science.

im one of those too. i wouldnt write a text book on my own theories, but that doesnt degenerate my own theories, nor anyone elses. i have a very open mind and believe that while science is written in laws, we all know that some laws can be bent, others can be broken. maybe not today, maybe not this decade. who knows.

just think about how long humans have been around, and we have come only this far. we have accomplished a lot yes, but theres still a LOT more to accomplish and discover and solve.
Dr. Gonzo
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Gigabyte X79-UD3 ASUS GTX Titan X 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws Z C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO SSD 2TB Crucial M4 256GB Lite-On Blu-Ray Writer Swiftech Apogee Drive II 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Home Premium 64-Bit ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q 27" Tesoro Durandal Silverstone 850w Strider 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec Eleven Hundred Logitech G502 Creative SoundBlaster Zx 
  hide details  
Reply
Dr. Gonzo
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Gigabyte X79-UD3 ASUS GTX Titan X 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws Z C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO SSD 2TB Crucial M4 256GB Lite-On Blu-Ray Writer Swiftech Apogee Drive II 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Home Premium 64-Bit ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q 27" Tesoro Durandal Silverstone 850w Strider 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec Eleven Hundred Logitech G502 Creative SoundBlaster Zx 
  hide details  
Reply
post #79 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtarmanrob View Post
Duckie does have a point.

i think everyone is making very valid points here. i wouldnt go as far as saying one mans opinion is ignorance to another, obviously there are some of us who are a lot more open-minded or, as Duckie put, 'philosophical' when it comes to science.

im one of those too. i wouldnt write a text book on my own theories, but that doesnt degenerate my own theories, nor anyone elses. i have a very open mind and believe that while science is written in laws, we all know that some laws can be bent, others can be broken. maybe not today, maybe not this decade. who knows.

just think about how long humans have been around, and we have come only this far. we have accomplished a lot yes, but theres still a LOT more to accomplish and discover and solve.
very well said, i kept thinking the same thing after i read almost every person's post. i couldn't agree more; everybody is making their own good points here and there.

personally i think that we should post things like this more often, who cares if it isn't relevant to overclocking, i think that we have proven that we are all still very interested in it (8 pages of discussion says so), and rightfully so, it's extremely fascinating stuff. it's nice to see a fun argument that isn't NVidia ATi or Intel AMD


Edited by fencefeet - 7/3/08 at 9:44pm
post #80 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brythe View Post
i cant belive you guys are stll arguing about this. look, as a body approaches the speed of light (as paul's graph shows) it gains mass (remember E=mc^2 ??!?!). At very close to the speed of light (99.9999%), this gain is"infinite", meaning the mass of the body is "infinity" kilograms. Now rememer F=ma ? yea, so to cause an acceleration to this "infinite" mass, you would need "infinite" force which requires "infinite" energy. Does infinite energy exist? No. You could put twenty Suns in that engine of yours and still the light
barrier wouldnt be broken. Stop with the hopelessly illogical (and uneducated) responses.
E=mc^2 defines rest energy and is only part of the total energy of a body. It has little to do with your energy as you accelerate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSpock2002 View Post
Thank you.

People just don't get to get it. Our science and math NOW states this this not possable. Who do you think came up with the math we use now? Human beings. Our understanding of science and math dictates that the light barrier can not be broken. As human beings evolve you can bet your ass science and math will evolve with us.

Any person that does not believe todays science may be flawed or even that science and math can not evolve or new math's be discovered are ignorant fools.

Hell right now we use such a small amount of our brains compared to what we could in the future that anything is possable. We havnt even scratched the surfice of what we could be capable of.

Simple fact: As humans evolved our sciences and maths evolve. Hell if 50 years it's possable a human genious could invent a new math or have a new idea.

Look at our past it has happened already. Not only with science and math either.
DuckieHo pretty much said exactly what I want to say (below). You are basing your argument on fantasy, there is no substance to it. It is a big "what if".

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieHo View Post
However, science does not work that way. Sure we can assume science is flawed... but then what? It is an open argument that is never provable. Fairies may exist on Earth but we just haven't found them. Science can never win that argument. This flawed argument is the same as creationists. It is NOT science if it isn't repeatable and provable. If you want to discuss a topic in scientific terms, fine. But once you wonder outside of it... it is fiction/fantasy.

Also, generally science evolves BASED upon the ground work laid out by current theories. The example before was Newtonian physics or mechanics. In the early 1900's, scientist started to discover exceptions to Newtonian physics. That's where Einstein physics resolved. It turns out Newtonian physics is a part of the greater Einstein physics. In Newtonian physics, you can disregard the relativistic factor.
System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2500k ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen 3 AMD 7970 16GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 520 256GB SATA DVD Burner Windows 7 64 bit Deal U2410 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Adesso Mechanical Silverstone OP650 Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2500k ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen 3 AMD 7970 16GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 520 256GB SATA DVD Burner Windows 7 64 bit Deal U2410 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Adesso Mechanical Silverstone OP650 Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Y!] Voyager Spacecraft Reveals Solar System Edge