hello again my fellow overclockers! thats right! its time for an update! so guess what! i got a package from performance-pcs! yea! more parts more modding! so i received a ddc stand (which i'm not too sure if i'm going to use yet, but always good to have just in case) then i got a xspc ddc top and a tube of primochill invisible blue and feser uv black dyes.
here is a pic of the ddc stand and top!
all i can say is that ddc top is one sexy piece of acrylic! haha.. anyway, so i took out my other ddc 3.2 and switched the tops. here is a comparison of the two
and here it is after. it looks so much better now. don't you agree? after this, i headed out for some groceries since i just got back into town..
and when i got back... i found this on my door! :swearing: and i won't get the package until saturday.
: well, can't do anything about spilt milk so onwards we go!
so this is the back of the mobo tray for the case as you can see.
and here is my terminal board. i got this idea from tjharlow so much props to him for this little doo-dad.
some heavy duty 3m double sided tape.
put some on the back and....
voila!! it sticks on just perfectly! now you much be thinking what is he going to do with that right? so.. for this.. i personally hate using molex connectors.. so away i will do with them and i'll just directly wire them to the terminal board. yeap. you heard me. i'll be have a fan controller, leds, cathodes, and case fans on this sucker.
and here is the side panel back on to see if it fits flush! and it does! woot! that makes me so damn happy. i was worried about it for a sec.
and this is the separation wall from the bottom to the top and the scruffed up areas is where i will be screwing in my xspc res-top pump.
and this one is in front of the rear case fan and is for the xspc ddc top pump.
this is my 3 panaflos in the midst of being wired together. yea.. why would i do that right? i also don't want too many connectors.. so i thought that wiring them all together would be brilliant.
you can't see it but i've zipped tied the side that won't have screws in it... so its aligned perrfectly straight and together! you can kinda tell compared to the previous picture. and this is after i was done rewiring and sleeving. and i've actually tested it out, and it works great, makes me happy knowing i didn't screw up.
next step. cutting off the molex pins from the pumps. as you can see.. one is cut and the other is going to be. haha.
and i've now braided the cut wires and waiting to be sleeved and heat shrink wrapped.
here are both sleeved and ready with the ends waiting to be fitted with u-ends for the terminal board.
and this is after getting it all done and giving it a test fit. perfect fit. i'm loving this so much. i hope i can get this looking half as good as some of the people that post here. /crosses fingers!
and here my friends, is the projected placement of what i have so far.. no i did not do the rad yea.. but i should.. maybe i'll do that right now just to show it off. haha.. in any case, its coming along pretty nicely.
and this is as far as i got so today. and i've also already test fitted some tubing so its all good. no kinks or anything. i hope you guys are liking it so far. and if you are, stay tuned!
edit: ok.. so i don't want to be a guy who disappoints... so here is a mock setup with the rad, fans, and the two pumps.. i'm still waiting on mobo and cpu... so until those things get here.. well.. won't get too much farther. tell me what you guys think so far!
* This Worklog post was generated using WorklogCreator - Version: 18.104.22.168
* Free Download: http://www.mod2software.com/worklogc...logcreator.zipEdited by nafljhy - 7/3/08 at 11:04pm