Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net Folding@Home Team › Please lets all FOLD for each other. Lets Unite.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Please lets all FOLD for each other. Lets Unite. - Page 13

post #121 of 317
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tufelhunden View Post
Thanks Enterprise! I read your thoughts and was impressed. Sorry to hear about the Huntington's, but your attitude rocks. As I posted in another thread my wife has beaten breast cancer that was super aggresive, 4 years woot! After reading your thought I have decided to join the group and fold, didn't really know what it was before.

Anyway I thought I would leave you a couple of quotes I have posted in my cube at work. They are my inspiration and they way I try to live.

Everyone dies. Not everyone lives.

Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in lowside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride! (I changed this one a little as I ride a motorcycle )

And this one because no matter how bleak it looks, it is your and my attitude and gumption which matters.

I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold.

1stLt. Clifton B. Cates, USMC
in Belleau Wood, 19 July 1918

Again thank you for the inspiration.
Hey dude. Its great to see that you are Folding now. Everybody counts !. I am very very glad to hear that your wife has beaten Cancer...thats awesome news and I wish the best for you and yours my friend.

Those are awesome quotes and good ones to live by. Your right everyone does die..what matters is how you lived your life before you begin the next part of your journey. Death is not the end but only another beggining !

Keep up the fab work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julabask View Post
i am always folding all day.
Glad to hear it. Keep up the great work. Everylittle helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKKROW View Post
I am willing to fold on my GPU, but can anyone tell me where to find my old folding name?

Also when i will be playing Counterstrike will the Folding just slow down? just like SMP?
Well If you have already created a folding name before then you will be able to find it here : http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...php?s=&t=37726

You may have to do a little searching though. However if you roughly know what rank you were you should be able to skip a few pages!.

Well im not all knowing when it comes to GPU folding...However I think you can set it to fold when the GPU is idle. Thus when you go to play a game it should decrease its GPU utilization to allow a game such as CS:S to run fine.

Can someone please confirm this ?

I hope to see you folding again soon

Fold For The Cause,Fold For The People!
post #122 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE View Post
Well If you have already created a folding name before then you will be able to find it here : http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...php?s=&t=37726

You may have to do a little searching though. However if you roughly know what rank you were you should be able to skip a few pages!.

Well im not all knowing when it comes to GPU folding...However I think you can set it to fold when the GPU is idle. Thus when you go to play a game it should decrease its GPU utilization to allow a game such as CS:S to run fine.

Can someone please confirm this ?

I hope to see you folding again soon

Fold For The Cause,Fold For The People!
Well i found my name again thanks for that link, i will try to get it set up this week i have alot going on, my girlfriend comes back Wednesday and one of my best friends is leaving to his homeland Indonesia on Wednesday so i am hanging out with him tomorrow, so probably thursday/friday ill get my GPU up and running
Lucy
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 Gigabyte 970A-D3P MSI GTX 750ti 2 X 8 GB Ballistic 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
OCZ SSD WD Samsung DVD Windows 7 
MonitorPowerMouse
Dual Asus 24" 600w Silverstone Quad 12v G5 
  hide details  
Reply
Lucy
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 Gigabyte 970A-D3P MSI GTX 750ti 2 X 8 GB Ballistic 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
OCZ SSD WD Samsung DVD Windows 7 
MonitorPowerMouse
Dual Asus 24" 600w Silverstone Quad 12v G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #123 of 317
Thread Starter 
Sweet sounds good mate. Sooner the better. When Gf's get back everything becomes secondary lol.
post #124 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE View Post
When Gf's get back everything becomes secondary lol.
ain't that the truth
Master Control
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6300 Six-Core  GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD Radeon 480 Red Dragon  Team Vulcan  
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Team Vulcan  Muskin Reactor 2.5 SSD Windows 10 64bit Acer H233H 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerMouseMouse Pad
Microsoft Pro PC Power & Cooling 750W Microsoft Pro old and busted 
  hide details  
Reply
Master Control
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6300 Six-Core  GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD Radeon 480 Red Dragon  Team Vulcan  
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Team Vulcan  Muskin Reactor 2.5 SSD Windows 10 64bit Acer H233H 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerMouseMouse Pad
Microsoft Pro PC Power & Cooling 750W Microsoft Pro old and busted 
  hide details  
Reply
post #125 of 317
Thread Starter 
lol. Hey how come you still have the interwebs lol?
post #126 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE View Post
lol. Hey how come you still have the interwebs lol?
I worked out a deal with my Aunt. My Sister owes her money as well so I decided I would pay back what I owe her and half of what my Sister owes her. I figure it's a fair deal for helping me out in a pinch.

Just a note for everyone. I am starting an OCN comic strip "pending approval" I have to see what guide lines to follow and such, but I don't anything really standing in the way. More or less following the TOS should be fine. I hope everyone like it and I really hope I can get a laugh out of everyone....and I'll be picking on some of you guys Be careful I do not see your noob moments lol
Master Control
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6300 Six-Core  GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD Radeon 480 Red Dragon  Team Vulcan  
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Team Vulcan  Muskin Reactor 2.5 SSD Windows 10 64bit Acer H233H 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerMouseMouse Pad
Microsoft Pro PC Power & Cooling 750W Microsoft Pro old and busted 
  hide details  
Reply
Master Control
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6300 Six-Core  GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD Radeon 480 Red Dragon  Team Vulcan  
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Team Vulcan  Muskin Reactor 2.5 SSD Windows 10 64bit Acer H233H 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerMouseMouse Pad
Microsoft Pro PC Power & Cooling 750W Microsoft Pro old and busted 
  hide details  
Reply
post #127 of 317
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuardianOdin View Post
I worked out a deal with my Aunt. My Sister owes her money as well so I decided I would pay back what I owe her and half of what my Sister owes her. I figure it's a fair deal for helping me out in a pinch.

Just a note for everyone. I am starting an OCN comic strip "pending approval" I have to see what guide lines to follow and such, but I don't anything really standing in the way. More or less following the TOS should be fine. I hope everyone like it and I really hope I can get a laugh out of everyone....and I'll be picking on some of you guys Be careful I do not see your noob moments lol
Oh sweet. Thats a fair deal and glad that you are still hanging with us lol. The Comic strip sounds good. I have noob moments all the time so I will probably end up in there at somepoint haha.
post #128 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE View Post
Oh sweet. Thats a fair deal and glad that you are still hanging with us lol. The Comic strip sounds good. I have noob moments all the time so I will probably end up in there at somepoint haha.
Oh for sure! you, Duke, Chozart, Cog, Mega_Option and a few other will be gracing the panels....devious smile
Master Control
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6300 Six-Core  GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD Radeon 480 Red Dragon  Team Vulcan  
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Team Vulcan  Muskin Reactor 2.5 SSD Windows 10 64bit Acer H233H 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerMouseMouse Pad
Microsoft Pro PC Power & Cooling 750W Microsoft Pro old and busted 
  hide details  
Reply
Master Control
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6300 Six-Core  GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD Radeon 480 Red Dragon  Team Vulcan  
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Team Vulcan  Muskin Reactor 2.5 SSD Windows 10 64bit Acer H233H 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerMouseMouse Pad
Microsoft Pro PC Power & Cooling 750W Microsoft Pro old and busted 
  hide details  
Reply
post #129 of 317
Thread Starter 
Sweet. I look forward to some good humour lol
post #130 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuardianOdin View Post
Oh for sure! you, Duke, Chozart, Cog, Mega_Option and a few other will be gracing the panels....devious smile
Count me in
Pure 1nhibition
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i5 3570K] [Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H] [eVGA 560 Ti] [8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3-1600] 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
[OCZ Vertex LE 50GB SSD | 1TB | 2TB] [A50] [Windows 10 Pro x64] [24" Samsung 2494HM] 
Power
[Corsair 750W] 
  hide details  
Reply
Pure 1nhibition
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i5 3570K] [Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H] [eVGA 560 Ti] [8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3-1600] 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
[OCZ Vertex LE 50GB SSD | 1TB | 2TB] [A50] [Windows 10 Pro x64] [24" Samsung 2494HM] 
Power
[Corsair 750W] 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Overclock.net Folding@Home Team
Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net Folding@Home Team › Please lets all FOLD for each other. Lets Unite.