Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net Folding@Home Team › Please lets all FOLD for each other. Lets Unite.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Please lets all FOLD for each other. Lets Unite. - Page 9

post #81 of 317
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuardianOdin View Post
I see the pdd are down a bit. I went from 5200ppd's to 2xxx ppd's for the last two days. Anyone know what's up with this?
This may sound NOOB as im no expert on the whole PPD thing...However is it not perhaps possible due to what WU you are getting ?. Not only that but doesnt Stanford like to adjust the Points per WU sometimes ?

OH BTW Good news. I have asked my Boss if I can Fold on my work PC out off office hours and he said that it would be ok ...SWEET.

Its not powerful CPU its a Intel Celeron 440 @2.0. Its like the newer Celeron. Still not a FAB CPU but every little helps. I will just get the standard F&H client as this is only a single core so SMP is a no lol.
post #82 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE View Post
This may sound NOOB as im no expert on the whole PPD thing...However is it not perhaps possible due to what WU you are getting ?. Not only that but doesnt Stanford like to adjust the Points per WU sometimes ?

OH BTW Good news. I have asked my Boss if I can Fold on my work PC out off office hours and he said that it would be ok ...SWEET.

Its not powerful CPU its a Intel Celeron 440 @2.0. Its like the newer Celeron. Still not a FAB CPU but every little helps. I will just get the standard F&H client as this is only a single core so SMP is a no lol.
Gratz!

That's possible. I'm not an expert either but I have seen a few people talking about and I noticed it today. They may have adjusted it. If They did though, I really don't see why they would.
Master Control
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6300 Six-Core  GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD Radeon 480 Red Dragon  Team Vulcan  
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Team Vulcan  Muskin Reactor 2.5 SSD Windows 10 64bit Acer H233H 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerMouseMouse Pad
Microsoft Pro PC Power & Cooling 750W Microsoft Pro old and busted 
  hide details  
Reply
Master Control
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6300 Six-Core  GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD Radeon 480 Red Dragon  Team Vulcan  
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Team Vulcan  Muskin Reactor 2.5 SSD Windows 10 64bit Acer H233H 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerMouseMouse Pad
Microsoft Pro PC Power & Cooling 750W Microsoft Pro old and busted 
  hide details  
Reply
post #83 of 317
Thread Starter 
Hmmm..strange. Im not sure.

Well im just about to setup the Folding client now. However when I open up the client to view the status the screen is just blank...I wonder why ?
post #84 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE View Post
Hmmm..strange. Im not sure.

Well im just about to setup the Folding client now. However when I open up the client to view the status the screen is just blank...I wonder why ?
I made a thread for discussing ppd's here. Hopefully some with better knowledge will start replying.
Master Control
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6300 Six-Core  GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD Radeon 480 Red Dragon  Team Vulcan  
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Team Vulcan  Muskin Reactor 2.5 SSD Windows 10 64bit Acer H233H 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerMouseMouse Pad
Microsoft Pro PC Power & Cooling 750W Microsoft Pro old and busted 
  hide details  
Reply
Master Control
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6300 Six-Core  GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD Radeon 480 Red Dragon  Team Vulcan  
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Team Vulcan  Muskin Reactor 2.5 SSD Windows 10 64bit Acer H233H 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerMouseMouse Pad
Microsoft Pro PC Power & Cooling 750W Microsoft Pro old and busted 
  hide details  
Reply
post #85 of 317
Thread Starter 
Actually dont worry. Just for others using Vista Aero you have do disable the ''Enable desktop composition'' option.
@ Gaurdian. Sweet. I will take a look now.
post #86 of 317
Thread Starter 
Just a quick question. I am now flding on my work PC 24/7 which is great. However in the options I see an option called

''Disable highly optimized code'' should this box be ticked or unticked ?

I will be running the graphical client on this machine only. Is there any other options I should adjust for best performance. Apart from full CPU usage and such.
?.
post #87 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE View Post
Just a quick question. I am now flding on my work PC 24/7 which is great. However in the options I see an option called

''Disable highly optimized code'' should this box be ticked or unticked ?

I will be running the graphical client on this machine only. Is there any other options I should adjust for best performance. Apart from full CPU usage and such.
?.
I have it disabled on all my machines. I think this ''highly optimized code'' relates to SSE and EMT64 and other such things.
post #88 of 317
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by boydyboyd View Post
I have it disabled on all my machines. I think this ''highly optimized code'' relates to SSE and EMT64 and other such things.

Hmm. Any other ideas guys ? Should I disable or leave it enabled ?
post #89 of 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE View Post
Hmm. Any other ideas guys ? Should I disable or leave it enabled ?
I was searching earlier today and couldn't find anything on this other than what it "may" be for exactly.
Master Control
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6300 Six-Core  GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD Radeon 480 Red Dragon  Team Vulcan  
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Team Vulcan  Muskin Reactor 2.5 SSD Windows 10 64bit Acer H233H 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerMouseMouse Pad
Microsoft Pro PC Power & Cooling 750W Microsoft Pro old and busted 
  hide details  
Reply
Master Control
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6300 Six-Core  GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD Radeon 480 Red Dragon  Team Vulcan  
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Team Vulcan  Muskin Reactor 2.5 SSD Windows 10 64bit Acer H233H 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerMouseMouse Pad
Microsoft Pro PC Power & Cooling 750W Microsoft Pro old and busted 
  hide details  
Reply
post #90 of 317
Thread Starter 
I have too and I have not come to anything conclusive. I just wondered if it would increase or decrease performance at all.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Overclock.net Folding@Home Team
Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net Folding@Home Team › Please lets all FOLD for each other. Lets Unite.