I think i've decided to just spend the $130 on the DFI LANPARTY DK P35-T2RS.. I'd rather not take a chance with a openbox item.. To much of a risk for me to take whos to say the board wont die in 30 days after the warrenty is up? Yea you have the manufacters warrenty but by the time you pay to ship the items around you're paying the price as if you bought it new.. But yea openbox items are a lot cheaper and granted im sure i could order the I/O panel for $5 from MSI's site.. But whos to say someone didn't have that motherboard and try overclocking it with a cheap $23 power supply and screwed it up? Or broke something on the motherboard... I can bet 5% of openbox items are returned because the buyer bought the wrong item and was honest about it. The other 95% more then likely screwed something up and returned it as defective..
. As for overclocking speeds what kind of speeds should I expect to get with this board? I hope over 3.0
.. My setup will be;
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250410AS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
HannsÂ·G HB-191DPB Black 19" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor - Retail
GIGABYTE GV-NX88T256HV1 GeForce 8800 GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail
CORSAIR CMPSU-450VX 450W ATX12V V2.2 Power Supply - Retail
Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound - OEM
G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-8000CL5D-2GBPK - Retail
DFI LANPARTY DK P35-T2RS LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
Intel Pentium E2180 Allendale 2.0GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80557E2180 - Retail
XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler - Retail .... total price is $709.18 USD -$45 USD in rebates !
can't wait to order the items this week!!!!!!!Edited by conflikt - 7/5/08 at 12:00pm