Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › ABIT IP35P LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ABIT IP35P LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Page 2

post #11 of 72
Thread Starter 
haha I wouldnt mind getting a open box but not having a I.O shield will bother me
My Box
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 3.5@1.3 vcore DFI Lanparty DK P35-T2RS Evga 8800GT 2 GB Patriot PC2-6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 250GB Lite-On DVDRW Windows XP PRO SP3 Acer 19" Widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 3000 Corsair VX 450W Antec 900 Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 3000 
Mouse Pad
Generic 
  hide details  
Reply
My Box
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 3.5@1.3 vcore DFI Lanparty DK P35-T2RS Evga 8800GT 2 GB Patriot PC2-6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 250GB Lite-On DVDRW Windows XP PRO SP3 Acer 19" Widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 3000 Corsair VX 450W Antec 900 Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 3000 
Mouse Pad
Generic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by conflikt View Post
haha I wouldnt mind getting a open box but not having a I.O shield will bother me
I see you are like me . You're never going to see it and cooling is better without it, but not being there would bug me. If you're lucky you may get all the accessories and the box, if you're unlucky you won't.
post #13 of 72
Thread Starter 
so out of these three openbox items which is the best for a high end overclock?

DFI P35-dk Dark Series

DFI Bloodiron P35

Abit ip35-E

I'll go without the I/O shield . My computer is on the floor and I don't unplug stuff or move my machine much so I wont even notice its missing untill I go to unplug or plug in something..
My Box
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 3.5@1.3 vcore DFI Lanparty DK P35-T2RS Evga 8800GT 2 GB Patriot PC2-6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 250GB Lite-On DVDRW Windows XP PRO SP3 Acer 19" Widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 3000 Corsair VX 450W Antec 900 Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 3000 
Mouse Pad
Generic 
  hide details  
Reply
My Box
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 3.5@1.3 vcore DFI Lanparty DK P35-T2RS Evga 8800GT 2 GB Patriot PC2-6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 250GB Lite-On DVDRW Windows XP PRO SP3 Acer 19" Widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 3000 Corsair VX 450W Antec 900 Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 3000 
Mouse Pad
Generic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by conflikt View Post
so out of these three openbox items which is the best for a high end overclock?

DFI P35-dk Dark Series

DFI Bloodiron P35

Abit ip35-E

I'll go without the I/O shield . My computer is on the floor and I don't unplug stuff or move my machine much so I wont even notice its missing untill I go to unplug or plug in something..
The P35-dk would be the best overclocker IMO. But it will have ALOT of features to tweak, so it won't be easy. The IP35-E is a good overclocker but is simple for a first time overclocker. With open box you are taking a slightly higher risk that it will be DOA, but most people don't have problems, and you can snag a bargain (theres always the manufacturers warranty anyway). An item is only new until you open it .
To sum up-
Best overclocker - DFI P35-DK
Easiest Overclocker - IP35-E

Just my
Edited by coffeejunky - 7/5/08 at 8:35am
post #15 of 72
Thread Starter 
I think i've decided to just spend the $130 on the DFI LANPARTY DK P35-T2RS.. I'd rather not take a chance with a openbox item.. To much of a risk for me to take whos to say the board wont die in 30 days after the warrenty is up? Yea you have the manufacters warrenty but by the time you pay to ship the items around you're paying the price as if you bought it new.. But yea openbox items are a lot cheaper and granted im sure i could order the I/O panel for $5 from MSI's site.. But whos to say someone didn't have that motherboard and try overclocking it with a cheap $23 power supply and screwed it up? Or broke something on the motherboard... I can bet 5% of openbox items are returned because the buyer bought the wrong item and was honest about it. The other 95% more then likely screwed something up and returned it as defective.. . As for overclocking speeds what kind of speeds should I expect to get with this board? I hope over 3.0 .. My setup will be;


Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250410AS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

Hanns·G HB-191DPB Black 19" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor - Retail

GIGABYTE GV-NX88T256HV1 GeForce 8800 GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

CORSAIR CMPSU-450VX 450W ATX12V V2.2 Power Supply - Retail

Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound - OEM

G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-8000CL5D-2GBPK - Retail

DFI LANPARTY DK P35-T2RS LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Intel Pentium E2180 Allendale 2.0GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80557E2180 - Retail

XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler - Retail .... total price is $709.18 USD -$45 USD in rebates ! can't wait to order the items this week!!!!!!!
Edited by conflikt - 7/5/08 at 12:00pm
My Box
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 3.5@1.3 vcore DFI Lanparty DK P35-T2RS Evga 8800GT 2 GB Patriot PC2-6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 250GB Lite-On DVDRW Windows XP PRO SP3 Acer 19" Widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 3000 Corsair VX 450W Antec 900 Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 3000 
Mouse Pad
Generic 
  hide details  
Reply
My Box
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 3.5@1.3 vcore DFI Lanparty DK P35-T2RS Evga 8800GT 2 GB Patriot PC2-6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 250GB Lite-On DVDRW Windows XP PRO SP3 Acer 19" Widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 3000 Corsair VX 450W Antec 900 Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 3000 
Mouse Pad
Generic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by conflikt View Post
I think i've decided to just spend the $130 on the DFI LANPARTY DK P35-T2RS.. I'd rather not take a chance with a openbox item.. To much of a risk for me to take whos to say the board wont die in 30 days after the warrenty is up? Yea you have the manufacters warrenty but by the time you pay to ship the items around you're paying the price as if you bought it new.. But yea openbox items are a lot cheaper and granted im sure i could order the I/O panel for $5 from MSI's site.. But whos to say someone didn't have that motherboard and try overclocking it with a cheap $23 power supply and screwed it up? Or broke something on the motherboard... I can bet 5% of openbox items are returned because the buyer bought the wrong item and was honest about it. The other 95% more then likely screwed something up and returned it as defective.. . As for overclocking speeds what kind of speeds should I expect to get with this board? I hope over 3.0 .. My setup will be;


Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250410AS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

Hanns·G HB-191DPB Black 19" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor - Retail

GIGABYTE GV-NX88T256HV1 GeForce 8800 GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

CORSAIR CMPSU-450VX 450W ATX12V V2.2 Power Supply - Retail

Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound - OEM

G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-8000CL5D-2GBPK - Retail

DFI LANPARTY DK P35-T2RS LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Intel Pentium E2180 Allendale 2.0GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80557E2180 - Retail

XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler - Retail .... total price is $709.18 USD -$45 USD in rebates ! can't wait to order the items this week!!!!!!!
You should be able to get over 3ghz with the Abit . The DFI probably is worth the extra IMO.
As for the HDD, Have you already bought it?
This HDD is probably worth the extra $5-
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...Tpk=wd2500aaks
If you've already bought it, no worries.
post #17 of 72
Thread Starter 
I updated with the better HD.. Thanks for all the help bro .. As for the ABIT IP35P mobo I was going to get, I searched for reviews and didn't find many "BUT" the one I did read they said they had trouble overclocking like the older Abit P35 board.. The board I was going to get was the Abit P35-E but its openbox which I dont trust. As for Asus mobos I read a lot of reviews saying they are good overclockers but don't take the heat well. As they say "if you can't take the heat get out the kitchen" lol....
My Box
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 3.5@1.3 vcore DFI Lanparty DK P35-T2RS Evga 8800GT 2 GB Patriot PC2-6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 250GB Lite-On DVDRW Windows XP PRO SP3 Acer 19" Widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 3000 Corsair VX 450W Antec 900 Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 3000 
Mouse Pad
Generic 
  hide details  
Reply
My Box
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 3.5@1.3 vcore DFI Lanparty DK P35-T2RS Evga 8800GT 2 GB Patriot PC2-6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 250GB Lite-On DVDRW Windows XP PRO SP3 Acer 19" Widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 3000 Corsair VX 450W Antec 900 Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 3000 
Mouse Pad
Generic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by conflikt View Post
I updated with the better HD.. Thanks for all the help bro .. As for the ABIT IP35P mobo I was going to get, I searched for reviews and didn't find many "BUT" the one I did read they said they had trouble overclocking like the older Abit P35 board.. The board I was going to get was the Abit P35-E but its openbox which I dont trust. As for Asus mobos I read a lot of reviews saying they are good overclockers but don't take the heat well. As they say "if you can't take the heat get out the kitchen" lol....
I'm septical about ASUS's quality lately. Although the P5Q (P45 chipset) is apparantly pretty good - might want to consider that one too . EDIT: Atcually newegg reviews are crap for that cheaper revision of the board, so maybe not consider it.

Have you ordered the GPU yet?
Edited by coffeejunky - 7/5/08 at 12:42pm
post #19 of 72
Thread Starter 
Nope didn't order yet.. I'm ordering everything sometime this week! I don't read newegg reviews they're crap.. I read from A&Dtech and sites like that. Most of the reviews I read on are tests on the motherboards and overclocking abillity.
My Box
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 3.5@1.3 vcore DFI Lanparty DK P35-T2RS Evga 8800GT 2 GB Patriot PC2-6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 250GB Lite-On DVDRW Windows XP PRO SP3 Acer 19" Widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 3000 Corsair VX 450W Antec 900 Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 3000 
Mouse Pad
Generic 
  hide details  
Reply
My Box
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 3.5@1.3 vcore DFI Lanparty DK P35-T2RS Evga 8800GT 2 GB Patriot PC2-6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 250GB Lite-On DVDRW Windows XP PRO SP3 Acer 19" Widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 3000 Corsair VX 450W Antec 900 Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 3000 
Mouse Pad
Generic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by conflikt View Post
Nope didn't order yet.. I'm ordering everything sometime this week! I don't read newegg reviews they're crap.. I read from A&Dtech and sites like that. Most of the reviews I read on are tests on the motherboards and overclocking abillity.
I know...the average newegg reviewer is a chimpanzee. But some of them are valid opinions from people who know what theyre doing.
How much is your total budget...wondering if you can stretch to a Ati HD4850 or an 8800GTS.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › ABIT IP35P LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard