Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Rip]Gamer Lacks Eyeballs, Kicks Ass Anyways
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Rip]Gamer Lacks Eyeballs, Kicks Ass Anyways - Page 2

post #11 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsrock View Post


didnt think so
My job isn't to figure out everything for you people and force you to believe it. It's to figure out everything for you people and tell you what the truth is. Regardless of weather anyone wants, or does believe in it.
post #12 of 64
wow!
     
CPUGraphicsRAMOS
i7 4710q Nvidia GT840M 8GB DDR-3 1600 Windows 8.1 
Monitor
17" 1600x900 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 930 D0 ASUS P6T-SE Sapphire 5750 1Gig @ 820/1275 Asus 6770 DirectCU 1Gig @ 908/1150 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Kingston Value 18 Gigs 1086mhz CL8 Western Digital 640GB Black LG GH24LS50 24x Windows 7 Home Premium 64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
ASUS VW266H 26" 1920x1200 Antec True Power New 750 watts Thermaltake V3 Black Edition Logitech G5 V2 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUGraphicsRAMOS
i7 4710q Nvidia GT840M 8GB DDR-3 1600 Windows 8.1 
Monitor
17" 1600x900 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 930 D0 ASUS P6T-SE Sapphire 5750 1Gig @ 820/1275 Asus 6770 DirectCU 1Gig @ 908/1150 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Kingston Value 18 Gigs 1086mhz CL8 Western Digital 640GB Black LG GH24LS50 24x Windows 7 Home Premium 64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
ASUS VW266H 26" 1920x1200 Antec True Power New 750 watts Thermaltake V3 Black Edition Logitech G5 V2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryC View Post
There are so many things that go against this being possible, I refuse to believe it. I don't care if he was born without eyes yet still knows where things are, infact, that's part of the problem. The fact that he can identify anything is also impossible. If you where to give a blind man working eyes he still wouldn't (Or should I say, couldn't, as many people have recovered from not having vision nearly there whole lives.) be able to see.

On top of that, TV screens are flat/somewhat rounded. Echo location sends a sound towards an object, and then balances back if he where to do that while playing games, all he would get is a flat surface. That is, if humans could do echo location. Which they cannot. And no matter how much being blind would help his other senses it simply wouldn't be enough to be able to do so.

He's faking it. It's just that everyone is too stupid to realize it, or figure it out. Kind of like magicians.
Apparently you weren't listening when they said doctors removed his eyes.
●๑۩۩๑●
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @ 4.4GHz (1.34v) Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3 Gigabyte GTX 470 SOC @ 825MHz 4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz (CL8) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Cooler Master Hyper N520 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 ASUS VH236H 23" 1080p | 2ms 
PowerCaseAudio
Corsair TX650w (V1) Xigmatek Utgard X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty 
  hide details  
Reply
●๑۩۩๑●
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @ 4.4GHz (1.34v) Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3 Gigabyte GTX 470 SOC @ 825MHz 4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz (CL8) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Cooler Master Hyper N520 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 ASUS VH236H 23" 1080p | 2ms 
PowerCaseAudio
Corsair TX650w (V1) Xigmatek Utgard X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolical999 View Post
Apparently you weren't listening when they said doctors removed his eyes.
Apparently the story of this on Ellen was a lie. Because they had said the kid was born without eyes.
post #15 of 64
This is old news. He even had his own specials on Discovery Channel and TLC. On TLC they showed his life and stuff and on Discovery channel they showed how his echo location technique. The kid could actually identify something as small as a chopstick that was like 10 feet in front of him or something like that.
Kamtastic II
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon II X4 630 Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-UD4H Visiontek 4850 512MB Reference 8GB A-Data DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750GB Caviar Black Currently Samsung 20x SH2022 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 2 x Samsung Synchmaster 226BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G11 OCZ 700w GameXStream Thermaltake V9 Black Edition Razer Copperhead 
  hide details  
Reply
Kamtastic II
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon II X4 630 Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-UD4H Visiontek 4850 512MB Reference 8GB A-Data DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750GB Caviar Black Currently Samsung 20x SH2022 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 2 x Samsung Synchmaster 226BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G11 OCZ 700w GameXStream Thermaltake V9 Black Edition Razer Copperhead 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryC View Post
Apparently the story of this on Ellen was a lie. Because they had said the kid was born without eyes.
even then, there are other gamers who areblind and still play good. its just the recognition of sound.(not button mashing but the in game sound)
it happens a bunch.

also the clicker techonology was tested on a bunch of blind folks and was good, they could recognize how far things were and diffrent items because of the sound.
Edited by zacbrain - 7/4/08 at 9:42pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII 965(140w) Biostar TA890FXE asus 6950 shader+voltmod 8 gigs, kingston hyper x 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2 1tb f3's and a 1.5 backup. Lightscribe LG Thermaltake FRIO windows 7 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
32inch lg g15 650w PCnCooling rocket fiiiash 
MouseMouse PadAudio
G9 king diamond pad or rocketfish Asus d2x 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII 965(140w) Biostar TA890FXE asus 6950 shader+voltmod 8 gigs, kingston hyper x 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2 1tb f3's and a 1.5 backup. Lightscribe LG Thermaltake FRIO windows 7 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
32inch lg g15 650w PCnCooling rocket fiiiash 
MouseMouse PadAudio
G9 king diamond pad or rocketfish Asus d2x 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryC View Post
There are so many things that go against this being possible, I refuse to believe it. I don't care if he was born without eyes yet still knows where things are, infact, that's part of the problem. The fact that he can identify anything is also impossible. If you where to give a blind man working eyes he still wouldn't (Or should I say, couldn't, as many people have recovered from not having vision nearly there whole lives.) be able to see.

On top of that, TV screens are flat/somewhat rounded. Echo location sends a sound towards an object, and then balances back if he where to do that while playing games, all he would get is a flat surface. That is, if humans could do echo location. Which they cannot. And no matter how much being blind would help his other senses it simply wouldn't be enough to be able to do so.

He's faking it. It's just that everyone is too stupid to realize it, or figure it out. Kind of like magicians.
How could he be faking it? He has no eyes... And i don't think every show and interview he does is a set up.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 3.6ghz 1.216v P35-DS3L 3850 256MB 735/1019 Mushkin 2gb 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WD Caviar Black 1tb 7 ultimate Mushkin HP-580 Centurion 5 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 3.6ghz 1.216v P35-DS3L 3850 256MB 735/1019 Mushkin 2gb 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WD Caviar Black 1tb 7 ultimate Mushkin HP-580 Centurion 5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 64
I've seen this before, but it is still amazing.

+1 for him. I wonder how well he would play Halo...
Blackbox.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 stock ASUS P5Q Pro Sapphire 4870 1GB 4x2GB G.Skill 800Mhz 5-5-5-15 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
250GB & 4x 640GB in Raid5 Vista 64-Bit 22'' Samsung 226BW & 17'' CMV 1280x1024 PC Power & Cooling S75QB 
CaseMouse
Antec Twelve Hundred MX 518 
  hide details  
Reply
Blackbox.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 stock ASUS P5Q Pro Sapphire 4870 1GB 4x2GB G.Skill 800Mhz 5-5-5-15 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
250GB & 4x 640GB in Raid5 Vista 64-Bit 22'' Samsung 226BW & 17'' CMV 1280x1024 PC Power & Cooling S75QB 
CaseMouse
Antec Twelve Hundred MX 518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 64
Give up LegendaryC.

Give respect to the fellow, good on ya man. If he had eyes and it was told that they didnt work properly, then that could be another story. However his eyes got removed when he was 2, yet can still do these marvellous things. amazing story.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
e8500 C2D @ 3.16 Asus P5Q-SE Asus 9600gt Black Pearl 4 gb Geil @ 800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Seafate 320 Gig + 150 (slave drive) Vista 32 bit Viewsonic 22" OCZ 600W stealth xstream 
Case
Thermaltake V9 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
e8500 C2D @ 3.16 Asus P5Q-SE Asus 9600gt Black Pearl 4 gb Geil @ 800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Seafate 320 Gig + 150 (slave drive) Vista 32 bit Viewsonic 22" OCZ 600W stealth xstream 
Case
Thermaltake V9 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 64
Yes legend, just be quiet and sit down like a good boy. Whether your posts are jealousy over his ability, or if you indeed truely beleive that its bs, well; we dont care, and it gets on our nerves. .
> Scotland
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE ASUS M4A89GTD 9600GT OC G.SKILL Ripjaws 4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB WD Cavier Black Lite-On SATA DVD+RW Windows 7 Professional Samsung BX2335 + Samsung 2253BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft FSP FX600-GLN-E Aspire X-Cruiser Razer Diamondback 3G 
Mouse Pad
Wacom Intuios 4 Medium 
  hide details  
Reply
> Scotland
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE ASUS M4A89GTD 9600GT OC G.SKILL Ripjaws 4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB WD Cavier Black Lite-On SATA DVD+RW Windows 7 Professional Samsung BX2335 + Samsung 2253BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft FSP FX600-GLN-E Aspire X-Cruiser Razer Diamondback 3G 
Mouse Pad
Wacom Intuios 4 Medium 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Rip]Gamer Lacks Eyeballs, Kicks Ass Anyways