Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [hardspell] HD4850X2 is coming!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[hardspell] HD4850X2 is coming!

post #1 of 57
Thread Starter 
Quote:
As we know AMD will encourage the makers to release non-reference R700 to cut down cost, but this is not the high-end 2GB GDDR5 version while it is the 1GB GDDR3 R700. Its price possible lower than 399$ and it will be earlier than GDDR5 version.


1GB GDDR3 R700 will use two RV770PRO and its name will be HD4850 x2 and the makers can design it according to their minds.


HD4850 X2 will be released at the end of this month and it will launch market earlier than HD4870 X2. It is confirmed that HD4870 X2 must use reference design and the makers must buy the related PCB, memory and power supply components, etc.




Source
post #2 of 57
Wow, didnt realise they were going to make a dual core version of the 4850, I wonder how this will compare to say....GTX260 in sli?
My First Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel e6420 3.2Ghz Gigabyte P35-DS3 Radeon HD4870 (Testing) 2GB Geil Ultra Low Latency 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate SATA II 320GB Optiarc Windows Vista Ultimate 64-Bit Samsung Syncmaster 2043NW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logictec OCZ Gamestream 700W Antec Nine Hundered Logitec 
  hide details  
Reply
My First Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel e6420 3.2Ghz Gigabyte P35-DS3 Radeon HD4870 (Testing) 2GB Geil Ultra Low Latency 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate SATA II 320GB Optiarc Windows Vista Ultimate 64-Bit Samsung Syncmaster 2043NW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logictec OCZ Gamestream 700W Antec Nine Hundered Logitec 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 57
So this has a 30% chance of minor success and 70% of Corporate ruination?
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel E6400 2.13Ghz Nvidia 650i eVGA 8800GTX 2GB OCZ 5-5-5-15-2T 
Hard DriveMonitorPower
250GBx2 (RAID0) 22'' Westinghouse 1680x1050 650w 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel E6400 2.13Ghz Nvidia 650i eVGA 8800GTX 2GB OCZ 5-5-5-15-2T 
Hard DriveMonitorPower
250GBx2 (RAID0) 22'' Westinghouse 1680x1050 650w 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 57
won't this be self competition with there 4870??
Shrunk ....
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 B3 @ 3.2 GHz Asus P5E-VM HDMI EVGA GTX280 SSC OCZ Reaper 8GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Core V2 Raid 0 & WD 500GB Samsung DVD-RW Windows 7 64bit Dell ST2410 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch (Cherry Black) Antec TruePower Quattro 850W Antec P180 Mini Razer Mamba 
  hide details  
Reply
Shrunk ....
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 B3 @ 3.2 GHz Asus P5E-VM HDMI EVGA GTX280 SSC OCZ Reaper 8GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Core V2 Raid 0 & WD 500GB Samsung DVD-RW Windows 7 64bit Dell ST2410 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch (Cherry Black) Antec TruePower Quattro 850W Antec P180 Mini Razer Mamba 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 57
Cool didn't expect this.
post #6 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnJovi View Post
So this has a 30% chance of minor success and 70% of Corporate ruination?
It's not technically an officially sanctioned ATI card. It's a little better than say, the dual HD2600XT or dual X1950Pro cards in that ATI is allowing board partners quite a bit of freedom, but it's not exactly an "official" ATI card.

And it's priced far enough away from the HD4870 that I don't think there will be much jostling for price.
The Replacement
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core I5 6600K Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 Ultra  EVGA GTX 750 Ti Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x16GB DDR4 2400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Mushkin Reactor 1TB LG Blu-Ray Burner Cryorig H7 Window 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2420T Code 87 Clears Rosewill Photon 650 Fractal Design Core 3500W 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
CM Storm Xornet II Steelseries QCK+ Creative Sound Blaster Zx Sennheiser PC-360 
  hide details  
Reply
The Replacement
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core I5 6600K Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 Ultra  EVGA GTX 750 Ti Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x16GB DDR4 2400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Mushkin Reactor 1TB LG Blu-Ray Burner Cryorig H7 Window 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2420T Code 87 Clears Rosewill Photon 650 Fractal Design Core 3500W 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
CM Storm Xornet II Steelseries QCK+ Creative Sound Blaster Zx Sennheiser PC-360 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnJovi View Post
So this has a 30% chance of minor success and 70% of Corporate ruination?

And your post has a 90% chance of being a troll and a 10% chance of being spam in the thread. Your point?







Hmm, that's odd that AMD is forcing ref board design for 4870X2, but allowing free roam for 4850X2...
Boot to the Head!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon64 X2 4200+ @ stock Epox 9NPA+SLI XFX 8800GS 384 4x1GB G.Skill DDR400 @ stock 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
120GB WD + 1TB WD GP + 320GB WD AAJS Mystery DVD-RW Vista Ultimate x64! ViewSonic P220F CRT + KDS 15" CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
$3 Compaq keyboard with pretty aluminum finish ThermalTake PurePower 500W Rosewill R230-P-BK Wired Optical 
Mouse Pad
Table. Mouse pads are overrated 
  hide details  
Reply
Boot to the Head!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon64 X2 4200+ @ stock Epox 9NPA+SLI XFX 8800GS 384 4x1GB G.Skill DDR400 @ stock 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
120GB WD + 1TB WD GP + 320GB WD AAJS Mystery DVD-RW Vista Ultimate x64! ViewSonic P220F CRT + KDS 15" CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
$3 Compaq keyboard with pretty aluminum finish ThermalTake PurePower 500W Rosewill R230-P-BK Wired Optical 
Mouse Pad
Table. Mouse pads are overrated 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 57
I'm not seeing the point to this. Will this card offer that much more performance than a 4870?
post #9 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by rRav3n View Post
won't this be self competition with there 4870??
its in a different pricerange. 300 for the 4870"X1" vs 400 for this 4850X2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessmyantidrug View Post
I'm not seeing the point to this. Will this card offer that much more performance than a 4870?
a 4870 is 1.2x the performance of a 4850
a 4850x2 should be 1.7-1.9x the performance of a 4850 depending on how well the bridge chip will actually work.
post #10 of 57
2 x 4850 in CF perform better than a single 4870, in fact in many cases they perform better than the GTX280. So if we were to say that there is no performance increase or decrease from the internal crossfire, then this would be a good seller, but would be significantly outperformed by the 4870x2.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9650 E0 @ 4GHz (445x9) on 1.325V (bios) | ASUS Rampage Formula x48 | | BIOS 0410 | Visiontek 4870 790/1100 | 2x2GB G.Skill PI @1069MHz | 1.9V | 5-5-5-15 2T | 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 2x320GB 7200.10 in RAID 0 + 250GB 7200.10 Lite-On DVD+-R/RW DL Vista Ultimate x64 42" Aquous @ 1440 x 900 (1920 x 1080 is too small) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MX5500 Silverstone DA750 THE Rocketfish Logitech MX Revolution 
Mouse Pad
Neat one from Body Worlds exhibit 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9650 E0 @ 4GHz (445x9) on 1.325V (bios) | ASUS Rampage Formula x48 | | BIOS 0410 | Visiontek 4870 790/1100 | 2x2GB G.Skill PI @1069MHz | 1.9V | 5-5-5-15 2T | 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 2x320GB 7200.10 in RAID 0 + 250GB 7200.10 Lite-On DVD+-R/RW DL Vista Ultimate x64 42" Aquous @ 1440 x 900 (1920 x 1080 is too small) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MX5500 Silverstone DA750 THE Rocketfish Logitech MX Revolution 
Mouse Pad
Neat one from Body Worlds exhibit 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [hardspell] HD4850X2 is coming!